Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Change Of Scenery

Kahlil kept his eyes to the floor, not wanting to see the surely horrified expression on [member="Eenia Vahn"] 's face. Yet, that didn't happen. Instead, he felt the squeeze of her hand giving him the courage to look. He ended up just shy smiling. "Yeah, it is, isn't it." All at once his tension left, his fear of how the Jedi would view him completely gone. "Thank you, Eenia. Really." If he could grow as a Jedi alongside her, it would be all that much easier.

Understandably, who he was bothered him. But was it really who he was anymore? He was trying to change, right? That meant something, at least to Eenia. "You don't have to thank me," she told him with a shrug of a shoulder. "I mean the fact that you're here is a step in the right direction, right?" her smile turned grin again. "You did the hard part yourself. I'm just here to drag you along the rest of the way. Kicking and screaming, or whatever else."

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"Ha, I really think you could drag me around, even if I didn't want it." Not that he minded. [member="Eenia Vahn"] had shown him a compassion he wasn't prepared to receive from the Jedi. If the rest were like this, what did he have to fear? A newfound confidence filled his heart from the woman who took his hand, and he was fully prepared to follow her wherever she took him in this temple.

"Where first?"

"Oh yeah, you better believe it!" Eenia nearly chirped through a laugh. "I may be on the smaller side, but don't underestimate my determination for sure." she grinned broadly.

The blonde lead the way down to the room where she had, had her lesson that morning. She paused outside, and while she didn't relinquish Kahlil's hand she did lean towards the door to listen. There was nothing on the other side, no sound, and she felt nothing. So with a curious noise made in the back of her throat she pushed the door open quietly to find the room empty.

"Well, of course it couldn't be easy, now could it?" she huffed out, letting the door open completely to reveal the empty room to him.

"I don't think I ever will." He smiled warmly to [member="Eenia Vahn"] as she led them through the halls. She was truly a kind soul, the kind he wished he had met sooner. Might have led him from the Sith. Kahlil blinked as she stopped outside the empty room. He could tell that just from the lack of the Force within, but maybe there was a trick? Once she opened the door and showed that the room was indeed empty he chuckled.

"Ah. Yeah. That's true. Nothing worth doing is ever easy is it?"

"Very true." Eenia sighed out, and her free hand rested against the crest of her hip as she stared inside of the empty room for a time longer. Then she turned around to face him with an almost mischievous smile. "So, what kind of moves do you have?" she questioned, "A guy built like a brick wall has to have some impressive tricks up his sleeve, right?"

She was of course just teasing him, doing her best to keep the air light since she honestly had no idea just where Master DragonsFlame had wandered off to.

"Would you believe me if I said not even a year ago I was rather weak and scrawny? My powers in the Force sapped my life to do terrible and dark things." He was definitely ashamed of the power he used. It was powerful, but brought so much destruction. Still, his hard work at fixing his body had paid off if someone he just met was calling him a brick wall. His cheeks reddened as he became rather self aware of it.

"So really the only tricks I have I learned as a spacer. Piloting, trick shots with my blaster. The like."

If she were being one hundred percent honest, his tricks seemed as if they would be a lot more entertaining to watch than anything Eenia had seen thus far in lessons or otherwise.

"Is that so?" she mused. "Well, I suppose we're just going to have to set up a time where you can show off some of those trick shots." she informed him, then shooed him with her free hand so that she could close the door and leave the room empty again.

"I'm really uncertain as to where to look next," Nia admitted, taking her turn for a sheepish moment again. "I feel like I should be much more help to you than I have been so far..."

"You've been an amazing help to me so far. Truth be told I was terrified I'd be thrown immediately into a jail cell and the key would thrown away and forgotten." He let out a nervous chuckle as he stepped back from the room, glancing around the halls again. Could this become a place he'd consider home? Kahlil would like that, especially if it meant he could be around [member="Eenia Vahn"] more.

She had made quite the impression on the young man.

"I guess, cause it's hard to know where he'd be, why don't you show me around the temple? Like a tour."

The blonde padawan made a loud 'pffft' noise, and quite the face to go with it. "I'd break you out." she assured him.

Fact of the matter was, she didn't have the authority to say what happened to him. She was only one person, but Eenia was also a very empathetic person. She felt things that other people felt, she was sensitive to it, and thus far? She was easily comfortable around Kahlil. So she would vouch for him if it came down to it, without hesitation. Odd, for only just meeting someone, but he was already most definitely stuck with her.

"A tour?" she piped up a bit and she nodded her head. "Alright, I can do that." she stated, then got a more comfortable grip on his hand so that she could go back to leading him along.

Again he found his cheeks darkening, this time from surprise on how willing [member="Eenia Vahn"] was to just break him out. Him, nothing more then an acquaintance. She really was a good person. He smiled sheepishly as she continued to hold his hand. Kahlil was becomingly increasingly aware of how long she had been holding his hand. Would the Jedi be mad at that? Or think something more then it was?

"R.. Right. So where first?"

The fact that Eenia was still clinging to Kahlil's hand hadn't even crossed her mind. She had spent her life not living this way. Her family was typical in terms of affection, and her friendships were much the same. Hand holding, hugs, the works. So for her, it was just second nature. Plus, if she were to be made to stop and think about it? She liked the way his hand felt against his. Strange, since it was such a new thing, but no less true.

"Well, if you're going to be sticking around, and you are sticking around," she made sure to look over her shoulder at him to state matter of fact like before looking forward again. "Then you're going to need to know the basics. Things like where to sleep, eat, meditate, all sorts of things." Nia was quiet for a moment, but didn't stop walking. "Though I can't promise I won't get us lost." she was still trying to remember where everything was herself, after all.

He didn't say anything when she more or less told him he was staying. Instead, he nodded. Quickly. Kahlil didn't find a part of him that wanted to tell [member="Eenia Vahn"] otherwise. It was surprising to hear that she didn't think she could lead them correctly. He gave a gentle squeeze of her hand with his own, smiling. "No matter where you take me I'm sure we'll have fun. I think I like spending time with you Eenia."

Hearing Kahlil say such a thing to her caused Eenia's cheeks to flush pink, and it admittedly caught her a bit off guard. She wasn't sure why, but in true Nia fashion, her gracefulness shined through and she staggered a step or two. The blonde's body twisted and she released his hand so that she could grab it with the other instead to regain her balance, not considering the fact that the sudden move could cause him to lose his balance as well.

Nope, all she considered was that he was bigger than her and could possibly keep her on her feet.

He blinked as she suddenly staggered. Without even thinking about it his free hand, the one [member="Eenia Vahn"] wasn't clinging to, came around to catch her by the waist. He pulled her close to keep her from falling over. For a moment, that'd be fine. But again his face darkened as he let her go, stepping back. Kahlil's hazel gaze traveled over the halls, avoiding eye contact for a moment.

"You uh, okay?"

The fact that Kahlil was able to not only keep himself from falling, but kept Eenia from falling over too caught the blonde by surprise. Her face flushed crimson when she was tugged in against his frame, and her breath hitched once she managed to look up at him. She noted that her face wasn't the only one that was warm with color, and she ended up stepping back just slightly at nearly the same moment he had done so.

"Erm," was it possible for her cheeks to get any more red? "I'm alright." she let out a slight laugh, "You'll find out pretty quickly that I'm uh...not the most graceful person around here..."

Kahlil kept his gaze aloof for a little while longer before he glanced back to [member="Eenia Vahn"] , just double checking she was indeed alright. "Good." He coughed to clear his throat, again glancing around the halls. This time to actually see where they were instead of trying to distract himself from his embarrassment. "You might not be, but you're certainly the kindest person I've met so far." He smiled warmly.

Well, that didn't help the flush to her cheeks any, but it did make her smile again. She lifted a hand so that she could tuck loose bits of hair behind her ear, "Well, it doesn't take much to be nice to someone." she stated with a slight shrug. "Most people just don't take the time, or would rather look out for themselves."

Her gaze drifted around for a moment, then settled back on him. "To be honest, I haven't really made a whole lot of friends. I've tried, but they keep leaving or something."

"Well." Kahlil paused for a moment, biting his lip. For a moment the smile faded, but the young man seemed aware enough of that to force another. Now wasn't the time to be concerned with the more cruel parts of his life. "I'll be your friend, and I won't leave so long as I can help it." Which he honestly meant. He offered his hand to [member="Eenia Vahn"] again, much as they had before. It felt nice to have her hand in his own.

"Let's keep exploring."

Eenia studied him for a long moment. It's not as if she didn't notice that fade in his expression. But she didn't ask about it, and when he offered his hand over to her she smiled up at him and reached out to take his hand again. "Sounds good to me." she told him, and she meant both having him stick around, and getting back to exploring.

"You're stuck with me now, just so you know." she did warn him playfully, and then she adjust around again so that she could start leading the way once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom