Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Change Of Scenery

JhwQx7O.jpg
It wasn't an easy thing to do. Kahlil, who had grown up in the Sith all his life, went to the one planet that he was told never to go. The home of the Silver Jedi. He kept his identity secret, mixing in with the regular crowd of tourists as he landed on world. His amulet was proving itself useful again, hiding him in the Force to keep the Jedi from finding him immediately.

As the son of the most powerful Sith in the Galaxy, it was only natural for him to be paranoid.

Soon enough however the tall figure had to break away from the crowd and head towards his destination; The Jedi Temple. He was sporting the typical smuggler look, a leather jacket, slacks, anything to stop him from screaming 'Hey I was a Sith once' for as long as he possibly could. There was no doubt in Kahlil's mind that he would be prosecuted the moment he was found out. That's what Jedi did right? Never the less, he made his way towards where he believed his destiny would take him.

[member="Eenia Vahn"]

It had been one of those mornings. Training had been rough for Eenia that morning; more saber training and it still felt just as unnatural to her now as it had the first time she had a training saber in her hands. How did this all come so easily to everyone else? Alright, maybe that was unfair. It couldn't possibly be easy for everyone, but it certainly looked and felt that way. Or perhaps it was because it all seemed so flawlessly easy for her sister.

Anora always took to the more physical challenges with such ease...

The blonde Vahn sister closed her eyes tightly for a moment and shook her head roughly. She needed to stop thinking like that, it made her seem jealous of her sister when in fact she was ridiculously awe struck with the older Vahn sister's prowess.

But the morning's training session had been what lead Eenia outside. She needed fresh air, some place to just sit and clear her mind and get it off of all things training related. And the need for a break had distracted her just enough that she had stopped automatically navigating through the occasional appearances of bodies, so the next one she came across she quite ungracefully walked right into.

Unfortunately for the blonde girl, her small size versus whatever solid frame she had just walked into didn't mesh well, and she staggered backwards until she ended up square on her backside. "Ow..." she complained, and while there was a mix of a frown and a pout on her lips, she squint upwards to get a look at just who she had attempted to run over.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Kahlil stood just outside the temple, his hazel eyes staring up at the building with a sense of awe. And fear. Everything he was could end once he set foot inside should the Jedi decide he was to be ended. He gulped hard as he tried to muster the courage to step inside when something suddenly bumped into him. Hard. He stumbled half a step away, his gaze turning to what ever it was with surprise.

"H.. Hey. Wait. Are you alright?" Concern filled his voice as he crouched down by [member="Eenia Vahn"] , his worries gone in an instant at the sight of someone possibly hurt. He offered a hand to help her back to her feet. "I'm so sorry."

A flush of crimson colored Eenia's cheeks as she stared up at the boy above her. See? She couldn't even walk right, apparently. "Well," she started with a sigh, "If you take away the total embarrassment of attempting to run someone over and failing miserably?" the girl reached up to take the offered hand up, and used her free hand to dust herself off even though it wasn't really needed. "Then yeah, I think I'm okay." she told him.

Though the embarrassed flush to her cheeks didn't ebb any when her gaze focused back on him. "However I'm fairly sure that it's me who should be apologizing to you." she pointed out. "So I'm sorry..."

A relieved sigh escaped the tall figure as [member="Eenia Vahn"] confirmed she was alright. The last thing Kahlil needed was to have an injury reported before he even had a chance to introduce himself to the Jedi on his own terms. "Well, at least you're unharmed." Gotta look at the bright side of things, right? He gave the woman a friendly smile, shaking his head in refusal at her apology.

"No no, I shouldn't just be standing in the way. I imagine so many of you are busy doing your best to protect so many." He was definitely idolizing the Jedi. He had to. "So I'm just as much to blame, yeah?"

"Wha-?" a slight laugh huffed past Eenia's lips, and she shook her head. "Protect anyone, me?" again her head shook and she lifted her hands just slightly as if to ward the very thought away. "I don't think so, not yet at least." If ever really, but she didn't let that thought out aloud. "I was just in a hurry to get outside and clear my head, that's all." she informed him.

After a moment, Nia's brow creased and she squint just slightly. While there were plenty of people loitering about that she had never seen before, she was really fairly certain this was one she had never even seen in passing. So despite the rough first impression, she reached her hand back out towards him. "I'm Eenia," she told him. Friendly, but still obviously curious.

Kahlil blinked in surprise as [member="Eenia Vahn"] denied her ability to protect anyone. "Really? You feel pretty strong in the Force from what I can tell." He began to rub the back of his head, trying to figure out if he had indeed been wrong with what he felt. So far it seemed like he wasn't. Maybe she was just a padawan who hadn't figured out her potential yet. Yeah, that made sense.

He was so lost in his own thoughts he hadn't even noticed her hand for a moment. He blinked again as he finally snapped back into existence fast enough to catch her name. He took her hand in his own, giving a firm shake. "Right, yeah. I'm Kahlil. It's nice to meet you." Kahlil offered a friendly smile. At least he could make a friend.

Well that seemed to be something they had in common, that whole drifting off in your own thoughts thing. Eenia's head tipped just slightly to the side and her fingers had wiggled while her arm remained extended. When he seemed to snap back to focus, the blonde bit back a grin, though didn't have to bite it back long. The firmness of the handshake surprised her, but in a pleasant way. Most people - most, not all - treated her like she was delicate just due to the look of her. So her hand closed around his and she mirrored his friendly expression with one of her own.

"Kahlil," she rolled his name around on her tongue for a moment, then bobbed her head a bit. "It's nice to meet you too." She retracted her hand from his, and while she chose to ignore his statement about her Force strength, that didn't stop her from making an obvious statement. "You seem a little lost," she pointed out. "Are you looking for someone or something in particular?"

"That obvious, huh?" Kahlil chuckled nervously as he started to rub the back of his head again. Always with the nervous ticks. ​"I'm looking for a Joshua Dragonsflame. An.. Acquaintance of mine told me I should seek him out." Did Bella even count as an acquaintance though? The woman had just shown up to snap a picture of him to make sure he wasn't a criminal before getting awestruck at Kahlil's last name.

He really shouldn't drop that.

"Do you happen to know him?"

Both of Eenia's brows lofted when he answered her inquiry. Well, that was certainly convenient, now wasn't it? "I do," she answered him. She lifted a hand to scratch lightly at the top of her head for a moment, "He trains me, and my sister actually." she shrugged a shoulder. "I literally just left my morning session." she informed him, and jerked her thumb over her shoulder in the direction she had come from before she had run into Kahlil.

"I can't promise that he would still be there now, but hey at least I know who he is!" she mused up at him with another grin.

"No kidding." Kahlil blinked in disbelief at his luck. [member="Eenia Vahn"] knew Master Dragonsflame? That certainly would make it easier to talk to the master if he had someone on his side. But for that he'd have to explain more on who he was, which he certainly didn't want to do. Still, Eenia looked trustworthy enough. "I was given a card and told to learn from him to become a Jedi, believe it or not. It's rather lucky of me to meet someone who's a current student."

He gave her a big smile. "Maybe we'll be fellow students, provided he accepts me."

"A card?" Eenia questioned. She had never heard of such a thing. But then again, she hadn't exactly heard a whole lot about any of this before her sister had been taken away. "Well, you were pointed in a good direction, at the very least." she stated, matter of fact like. Nia may not be the greatest student, but she couldn't deny that Master DragonsFlame was a good teacher.

But Kahlil's enthusiasm brought the smile back to her face, and she nodded to him. "I certainly hope so." Hey, she needed new classmates, since the two she had originally been paired with just sort of up and disappeared on her.

"I certainly hope so. There's a lot of.. Extra baggage I guess." Kahlil glanced back to the temple, again feeling rather intimidated. He wasn't sure how the Jedi would accept him, if at all. Still, he had come here for a reason. The tall figure let out a breath, trying to shake the nerves out of his hands. "So, where should I go?" He turned his attention back to [member="Eenia Vahn"] , giving her a nervous smile. "I'm not sure where I'm going."

"Extra baggage isn't always a bad thing," Eenia pointed out with a shrug of the shoulder. "Just means you have extra things to work through."

When he asked where he should go, the blonde made a thoughtful sound and looked around briefly. She then grinned and offered a hand out to him. "C'mon, I'll drag you around and help you find him. How about that?"

Kahlil blinked in surprise at [member="Eenia Vahn"] 's response, but smiled faintly none the less. It was refreshing to have someone who didn't seem to care. Though, would it stay the same if she knew who his father was? Again he drifted off into his own mind, and again he blinked as he saw the woman hold out her hand to him. His cheeks slightly darkened as he reached out to take her up on the offer.

"Y.. Yeah. Sure."

Eenia's smile only broadened when Kahlil seemed to draw himself back from whatever reverie he had wandered off into again. When he took her hand, her fingers closed around his and she gave a gentle tug. "C'mon, I promise not to steer you in the wrong direction." her smile then turned very briefly sheepish. "At least not intentionally." she assured him.

Kahlil's blush faded as [member="Eenia Vahn"] 's smile turned sheepish. He let out a sigh, gently squeezing her hand. "No matter where it is I'm sure we'll have fun finding it, yeah? Show me your Temple." He gave her a confident smile before turning his head to look at the temple again. At least with a friend it wouldn't be as terrifying.

The blonde seemed to consider his words for a moment, and then she nodded. "Oh I'm sure we can turn any situation in there around," she agreed.

But with that said, and his comment about showing him the temple, Eenia shifted around so that she could lead the way from outside, to in. The contrast in lighting made her pause only briefly for her eyes to adjust. She glanced around, considering where she had seen Master DragonsFlame last, and once again she tugged lightly at his hand once she picked a direction.

"So, what brought you to following some card here?" she asked, curiosity finally getting the better of her.

"Well.." Kahlil bit his lip faintly upon hearing [member="Eenia Vahn"] 's question. There wasn't a lot he could say without needing some form of explanation. But, he wasn't here to hide or lie. Ge gently tugged on her hand to stop as he awkwardly scratched at his chin with his other hand. "My full name is Kahlil Zambrano. I'm a son of the Sith Emperor. I wanted to be free of the Sith, so someone who understood that told me to come here." He glanced away, fully prepared for some sort of freak out at the news that the son of the Jedi's most dangerous enemy was in their halls.

When she was pulled gently to a stop, Eenia shifted so that she could look at Kahlil and her curiosity was mixed with slight concern. When he started speaking, her brow creased and her expression darkened just slightly with a frown, but it was thoughtful. The blonde did not pull her hand away from his however. In fact, her fingers tightened just a little more as she seemed to absorb this information.

"So another words," she started, lofting a slender brow at him. "You most definitely need someone in your corner right now." Her expression relaxed, and a more calm smile replaced the thoughtful frown. "I suppose it's a good thing I tried to run you over then, hm?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom