Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Change of Pace [CIS Dominion of Nar Kaaga]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
@[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="CC-308 Maverick"]

Why was he here? Where was here? The big clone walked in and looked around. He was dressed casually in full armor with out his helmet. He looked for someone he knew but there were so many people!

"WHOA!" he said loudly, "where are that girl's clothes!"

Oryuken hid his face in his hands and tried to keep from looking at anything he was not supposed to see.

'NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE' he said to himself as he shook his head. 'I shouldn't be here,. nonononononononono. I want to talk to Una.'

Oryuken walked bumping into people as he went this was not his day.

Not Ordo

Thank the Karking gods of debauchery! There was gambling. Ruusan pushed passed a pair of big knuckle heads.

"Move can't you see I'm a fething lady and shab." she said muscling her way to the table and pulling up a seat.

She saved most of her pay and CIS paid for most everything she needed, so bottom line, she had some creds. She took out a handful of unorganized cash credits and tossed them down on the table.

"I'm in!" she asserted looking at the dealer, "Well are you gonna stare all day or gimme my blasted chips>? Kark!"

she leaned back in her chair and lit her cigar, puffing proudly before putting her lighter back in her cargo pocket. She was going to own these boys she could tell.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
How he’d managed to get conned into going to this idiotic event still surprised him, he’d required three things, positive the man wouldn’t do it. One, he was to speak properly and not like an ignorant street-rat, two he was to wear proper attire and third, clean up. The damnedest thing happened, he agreed and from there he had to attend. He’d not changed into his nicer clothes till they were almost to the planet, he’d been making final touches when Abel had went on ahead.

He wasn’t very interested in participating, the people that would be there had nothing to do with him and for the time being he was content to fly under the radars of the collective host of factions. Moreover he despised the Hutts, which wasn’t an uncommon thing, but for him it had been somewhat personal. Still, it seemed that this event was important to his apprentice and he’d hate to disappoint. He moved through the halls, following after the guide, he could hear the music and the noise.

The sleeveless coat fell to his knees and while he wasn’t wearing a suit, he still looked good. It was a shade old world, but then, so was he. His speech was the clipped, cultured aristocratic tones of the old Imperial, having been raised on a world that had been one of the controlled world by the Galactic empire. Nowadays his accent was very out of place for that which he’d heard so commonly growing up had eventually faded into the soup that was the galaxy at large now. He strode through the doors taking in the room for a moment before picking out Abel, he walked over to him and gently touched his arm to make sure he knew he’d come and then stood off to the side.

He was out of place, which wasn’t unusual, but he was incredibly uncomfortable. I don’t suppose you could spare me this awkwardness and find someone within this room to introduce me to?

Through that brief mind-touch he’d be able to sense just how truly uncomfortable he was. It was one thing to accept an invitation with a goal in mind, but he was not the one who’d been invited, Abel was. He kept his Force aura carefully hidden, Force knew if anyone in the room was another Force user and the last thing he wanted was to make what he was known. Even if he wasn’t one of the Sith any longer and hadn’t been for countless years. His lit ruby gaze took in the ‘host’ of the party, but none of his distaste showed.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

Norge wasn't a gambling man, but he was certainly doing it now. The old man was busy playing Pazaak with a Rodian who wasn't very good at shooting first. That is, he had a slow dealing hand. Norge didn't like that, no, he needed these credits. So much so, that he was willing to sacrifice his talents for the sake of a quick paycheck.

His beady blue eyes drifted over to the CIS personnel in the area. He didn't recognize a soul, but one seemed to be a bit lost. "Hey there, buddy." The old man gave the massive boy a kindly old smile. "You alright there? Want some milk? We've got a lot of blue milk right here."

@[member="Oryuken CC-128P"]

Not Ordo

What the Heck is happening? Why was this person talking to him? The pudgy old man was talking to someone. Was it him?

'Why me?' he thought, 'Why does it have to be me?'

He really wanted @[member="CC-114 Una"] to be there. He didn't like this at all. With a flash his vision blurred and to him he was suddenly on a movie set getting yelled at to move faster by the bearded fat man as he stood in front of a green screen.

Another flash and he was back in the terrible party alone with no Una.

"No milk." he said trying to avoid looking at the less than properly dressed dancers. "Do you know Una?"

@[member="Norge Rucras"]

Una had been conned into attending the party. Sleazily dressed women and gambling was not her thing. But she would have imagined Oryuken would have been quiet confused. She stood at the door way for more then a minute, scanning the crowd of people. Most were already settled in, in their beskar'gam as tradition called for. Una herself had her own armour on, her buy'ce tucked under her arm. She spotted him a little way off and wasted no time walking over there.

He looked dazed and less then happy. Una curled her fingers over his eyes, leaning forward to whisper. "Guess who?" She hoped that her presence might calm him down a little and give him an excuse to enjoy it. After all, that's what they were there for.

Shortly after sitting down, the Enforcer was greeted by the site of the woman garbed in BDU's. She muscled her way over, tossed cash into the pot, and demanded her chips. Looked like she knew how to play and was confident as all hell, good. Very good. Giving a nod to the dealer, Abel sat back as he was doled out his chips and slid his hand across the table to catch the cards that were dealt to him. He waited until the totality of the dealing was done to slide them over to his neck of the woods and gave a peek...not bad! Of course, by now he had entered "gambling mode" and did all in his power to keep his expression free of tells. After all, being too giddy about a hand would cost him the pot. When the dealer revealed the first card, Abel began the betting.

"Alright, I'll raise." he said, tossing in two chips.

Once the pieces left his grasp, his Master's consciousness poked at his. The message also carried...oh ho ho...discomfort! Serian would be able to feel the ripples of amusement emanating forth from the Enforcer as he mentally replied: "I'm a touch busy, as you can tell. Why don't you go chat up one of the big wigs? I know the Marshal of the Templars is out and about, just look for the red armor." With that said, Abel returned the sum of his focus to the game that was unfolding before him, taking a moment to sip his drink whilst awaiting @[member="Ruusan"]'s bet.

@[member="Serian Loria"].

Isabet Denko

Olaror shal ni, vod.
Isabet stood at the big double doors, her palm pressed against the wood as if she was going to open it. Untraditionally, she had chosen to wear a dress for such an occasion. It was supposed to be a surprise, she hoped he would enjoy it. Her hair had been tied up, revealing her shoulders and the material clung to her curves. It made her feel slightly uncomfortable but she wanted to show Abel she could be beautiful as well as a hard working warrior. She glanced down at the dress once again. She hoped that in the least, it would impress him. Without a second thought she pushed the doors open. Within a moment, she had plucked a glass of wine from a tray and begun to sip at it.

It was strange to have everything exposed. Her skin felt bare and she felt ten times lighter. Things would be fine though, Abel was here to help if anything went wrong. Speaking of Abel...where was he?

@[member="Abel Denko"]

"I'm sure @[member="Phoebe Verd"] won't mind me hugging my kin." came the response of the Mandalorian, accompanied with a grin. The operation that had taken place on Nar Haaska was...hell in a can, but things were being handled one day at a time. This was a source of phenomenal stress between the two men, but they handled their business quite effectively. That was what leaders did. "Man, I haven't seen Gal'ika in ages, remind me to buy him a drink when he gets back." he began, releasing his sibling so that he might face Calico. "Keep me posted on Sigma's progress; and give TacOps my best. They've earned the week off...And thank the Force for Nar Haaska blowing over..." he paused, finishing off his glass of wine.

"This is Devorah, my younger sister; and these two..." Isley motioned to @[member="Token Waters"] and @[member="Siyndacha Aerin"], "I have yet to have the pleasure of learning their names. Of course, I'm sure you know Viceroy @[member="Strask Ak'lya"] of Bothawui." With that said, Isley set the empty goblet on the tray of a passing servant and secured himself another drink. He was going to need it.

"Oh, but why not you, my dear boy?" Norge stood up from his chair like the piggy man he was. The old drunkard was clearly intoxicated. He grinned big and wide as he hurled he poured his glass of blue milk all over Oryuken's shoes. "It's good for the leather...OOOOHHHHH, HELLO THERE YOUNG LADY!"

Norge stared at the green lady. He was excited. The stocky man waddled around Oryuken, glass clenched tight in one hand. His wrinkly tongue rolled over his cracked lips as his eyebrow cocked upward. "My, my, young lady, how would you like me to show you the studio where we filmed Blarg Trek? I'll even let you see the big rocket Snarkinator blew up the Smeth Car with."

Norge wiggled his hips as the young lady, brow quirking every few seconds.

@[member="CC-114 Una"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"]

Leaning back in his seat, Abel took a moment to cast a glance about the room; seeking a new servant to refresh his beverage. Of course, as his eyes traversed across the Grand Hall, they settled on a woman who...quite literally stole his breath away. Out of nowhere, his cheeks began to burn and his palms began to sweat. His heart skipped beats and his throat ran dry. Grasping his drink, the Enforcer sought to calm himself down through a rush of alcohol to the gullet...and it did help, somewhat. Setting the drink down, Abel took a moment to excuse himself from the table and strode off to meet his...spouse...

Man that was an awkward morning...

He came to a halt before her and gave her a look up and down, unable to contain the smile that crept upon his face. "Good grief Is'ika..." he said, deliberately attempting to make an effort to show he had been studying his Mando'a, "you look amazing" Then, as his instincts screamed for him to abort the mission and and carefully consider each and every move, he stepped forward. His arm laced around her waist and he gently graced her lips with a kiss: a brief, gentle peck before he gave her a wink. "Hmm...is that...vanilla perfume?" he inquired, beaming. She remembered his favorite. With his arm still around her waist, he guided her forward, proud and happy as can be. "You know how to play Sabaac, yes?"

@[member="Isabet Kote"], @[member="Ruusan"], @[member="Serian Loria"].

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Mingling, that was the skill he was working on lately. Sure, Marek Starchaser knew how to be social, but his social skills really made it no farther than him getting horizontal with someone. That was the trouble with him. He wanted to be better than that, and sometimes he could be. At least tabloids hadn’t gotten ahold of the thrill seeking CEO and Foreman.

There was a lot he could do, and it wasn’t as bad as some billionaire playboys. Sure, he was a CEO, and he could feel accomplished in that regard. Sure, he was a survivalist, and not a businessman, but as long as he had people to cover his blind spots, things were going to go pretty well. Once he had a drink in his hand, though, he was feeling better. It wasn’t like he had a need, unlike some holo-book character CEOs of tech giants.

Mingling. He was going to do that, right. It’d be easier if someone like Irri would show up.

Not Ordo

@[member="CC-114 Una"] @[member="Norge Rucras"]

He felt small hands curl over his eyes and he let his hands reach up and feel the hands briefly before he head the voice. A broad smile spread across his face as he instantly recognized who it was.

"Una!" he said turning to face her. "You're here! Why are we here?"

He smiled it didn't matter she was here now and that's all that really mattered. He laced his fingers between hers and held her hand as she had done to him so many time before. It was all he could ask for. All he really wanted was her company and now that he had it he didn't care about anything else.

He turned in time to see the rotund man stand and pour milk on his armoured boots. he walked around Oryuken and started toward Una.

Oryuken didn't need much time to think he just reached out for the fat man's collar.
"NOPE!" he said as he moved to yank the man back toward his seat. "Nope nope nope."

Another one? The Verds breed like mynocks.

"It's a pleasure, Miss Devorah." The Commander gave a short little half bow, odd in those casual clothes. "And...other people." Calico simply shrugged, waving at the Bothan whom he knew by reputation only. The other two were young women out doing, well, whatever young women did. Calico honestly had no clue.

"My name is Calico, and I make sure your brother's shebs stay clear of fire, and everything that needs to stay in his pants, stays in his pants." Calico let a small smile slip. He liked the Verds, they usually treated his boys like people, not material. Still, he was a bit off put by Isley's sister, she was...older than the others.

Women confuse me.

"You get my reports, ner'vod. Ga'ika is alright, he's just on silence. When he comes back from rotation I'm rearranging the tasking groups. My boys need more off-time to be men. Date women, spend their credits on stupid things, live life." Calico waved his hand around as he spoke to Isley, clipping the man on the shoulder in a brotherly fashion.

He relied on Isley as a crux for these social gatherings. The Mandalorian was one of Calico's own, and helped him connect to the normal folk. "I think Or'ika is having issues." The soldier cast his gaze over to the massive clone and the portly man, then down to the two young ladies. If things went the way Calico predicted,then Marek was going to have a fun evening.

@[member="Token Waters"] @[member="Siyndacha Aerin"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Devorah Verd"] @[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
Red armor. It seemed that in eight hundred and fifteen years the Mando’ade armor had not changed much. In a way it was a glimpse into the past, it brought to mind an old friend who was long past dust. He picked out the red armored individual, he was already in a group of others, but he still strode over there giving the man traditional greeting as a sign of respect. “Abel abandoned me to go lose money and sent me here on my own to make an introduction, my name is Serian Loria, I hope I am not interrupting?

For now he wouldn’t let on that he was Abel’s master, he knew not how much his apprentice had told those he knew and he didn’t want to do anything that would breed uncomfortable questions. He’d have to devise a fitting obnoxious task for the man later as revenge for this, but later.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

"Gah! No-No square! No-No square! He's searching for me man nuggets!"

Norge was not a classy man. He flopped around in the massive man's grasp like a fat fish looking to steal credits from all the children of the galaxy. He was bloated on the dreams and childhoods that his films had stolen, and it showed. He continued to flop around until Oryuken put him in his place, plopping down unto the seat like a sad Nuna.

"Ah, good boy. Good job. You have rough hands." Remarkably, Norge didn't slur a word. He just went on back to sipping at his Bluesky, pretending to get back into the card game with the Rodian.

"Y'know, buddy, you remind me of this character I made called Nar-Nar. Most people thought it was an odd decision putting a comedic character in a serious movie, but I thought he was funny. Especially the dung jokes, they were hilarious!" With that, Norge burst into laughter.

@[member="CC-114 Una"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"]

Isabet Denko

Olaror shal ni, vod.
Her heart fluttered and butterflies seemed to fill her stomach. They were a common occurrence now she was married to him, though there was no way she was going to let him know. She was all of a sudden nervous, and all together flustered. She only had the memory of sticky bodies and pleasurable screams. It was enough to render her speechless by the time he found his way over. Isabet had managed to push a gentle smile on her face. She had taken note of his attempt to learn Mandalorian and she was truly flattered.

What happened next was at the very least unexpected, but it wasn't unwanted. Her lips reacted to his, instantly. It was like she was unintentionally giving herself to him. Th feeling made her feel sick, to the point where her stomach plunged uncomfortably. But at the same time, looking at him, she was so lost in his eyes. So wilfully ready to do anything for him. "Yes, it's vanilla. And no, I don't." She had never been one for gambling and thus had never taken the time to learn. But she had no quarrel with learning this time.

@[member="Abel Denko"]

Not Ordo

@[member="Isabet Kote"] @[member="Abel Denko"] @[member="Serian Loria"]

She checked her cards and noted that she had only a pair. She would have to play this one close to the chest and bluff. She was good at the Sabaac face and rarely had a tell. her green eyes scanned around taking in the girl in the dress as she came up.

'Rookie' she thought as the girl came up to one of the other players. she tossed her credits to match his and two more.

"See that and raise two." she said as she pulled her cigar out of her mouth and blew smoke over her head. She lifted her glass and took a drink of her whiskey.

"Well girly" she said to the younger woman in the dress, "Are you gonna get in the game or just stand around making these boy's drool because I have credits to take."

Ruusan stuck her cigar back between her teeth and refilled her own glass. This was going be a long night it seemed.

The Mandalorian could not help but laugh aloud in response to Calico's comment...while also giving him a brotherly nudge of his elbow. "Hey now, who was saving who's shebs back on Styx? Eh? Ehhh?" he said, chuckling all the while. It amused him to no end that they were able to joke around, like actual brothers...and then Isley considered it. Yeah, he saw Calico in the same light as he would a sibling by blood; but it wasn't anything that he'd make a big, public scene out of. "You know how things are nowadays, vod, I get all the reports. Templars, Dread Guard, General Miliary, Joint Security Initiative, Adela's grades...she made honor roll y'know, damn proud of her...Just getting swamped under it all." He breathed, nodding along, "I agree. They need some rest...maybe we can arrange a trip somewhere for the Guard? Somewhere nice."

Upon hearing that Oryuken was having a little bit of trouble, the Mandalorian chuckled and shook his head. "He never did well in crowds, did he? Go ahead and save him." He patted Calico on the shoulder and then looked up, meeting the crimson gaze of the newest oncomer. 'Twas a man he had never seen before...and his Force signature was minimal at best. Either he was weak in the Force; or he was surpressing the ever-loving kark out of his true strength. Isley, being Marshal of the Order, was a well-known Force Sensitive; yet his beskar'gam masked the totality of his signature beautifully. The perks of Taozin and all that. "A pleasure to meet you Serian," he began, extending his hand to meet the crimson-eyed individual's, "I'm sorry to hear that Abel has ditched you, but I'm glad it produced an introduction. My name is Isley Verd, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Tell me, are you apart of the Confederacy at all?"

@[member="Serian Loria"], @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"], @[member="Devorah Verd"].

Una glanced once at her companion, deafly trying to ignore his comment. They were at a party and Isley Verd was here. She would hate to show the two of them up. Plus there was no telling what would happen if Oryuken displeased anyone or seemed to be highly defective. Una reached forward and curled her fingers around his other hands. "That's alright, cyar'ika." Una spoke through gritted teeth. "He's just drunk, I'm sure he doesn't mean any of it." She pulled his hand away from where Norge had just been standing.

Oryuken was her responsibility now and she was more than grateful for the task. He made her smile and laugh in ways people never did before. Una pressed her fingers gently into his cheeks. "Be careful ok? This is important. We can't go around breaking people's noses." She lent forward and kissed the tip of his own nose. For now she did her best to ignore the drunken weirdo sitting a few feet away from her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom