Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A chance meeting

Planet: Teyr
Time: 1600

As Eli-Mae brought The Wayfarer down onto the landing platform the small redhead's mind raced through all the events she had been through in the last few months. She had grown accustomed to jumping from system to system in an attempt to outrun those who chased her, bounty hunters and scoundrels who thought she had wronged them when she had affected their business by dispatching the head of one of the larger cartels in the galaxy. As she eased the throttle all the way down and began the shutdown sequence her chest rose and fell slowly for the first time in weeks she felt as though she may have outran her pursuers or at least for long enough to get a hot meal maybe a drink and possibly some sleep before they caught up with her again.

As soon as the last rumbles went through the engines as they fell silent Eli quickly undid her safety belts and rose from her seat. As soon as her boots hit the floor she strode toward her sleeping quarters her boots quietly thumping on the metal floor. Upon entering her quarters she took a moment to look at herself in the mirror on her wall noting the sunken look in her eyes as well as the dark circles around her eyes. She knew she needed sleep but before she could do anything she needed food. She took a moment to sit on her bed and unlace her boots.

Eli quickly got dressed in a pair of comfortable pants a cropped top a belt a cloak with a hood and a small silver circlet just for a little style. As she slipped into her shoes she turned to her dresser where sat the only reason she was still alive right now, her lightsabers. She approached and took them both one in each hand. She pondered them for a moment before attaching them to her belt and making her way to the exit ramp of her ship.

As soon as her feet were on solid ground she began to look around, her eyes searching the spaceport for any sign of a cantina. For a few moments, she wandered around with no luck until she finally laid eyes on a sign The lucky ladies As soon as she saw it she knew she had found the place she had been looking for.

As she swung the door open Eli-Mae noted that the place was crowded but not too packed to where she couldnt find a table in the corner where she had a seat and waited for someone to come around as she noted servers making their way around the floor

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

Lost_Sith_Tribe_world.png

Teyr
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsabers
Tag: Eli-Mae Forrest Eli-Mae Forrest

Valery's X-wing exited Hyperspace and immediately began a path down towards the planet. It wasn't often that her assignments were within Alliance borders these days, but it was nice not having to go into another war zone. Instead, she had been tracking a growing organization of illegal weapon merchants, and her last stop on that journey was Teyr. The problem, however, was that she had very little leads on the planet itself.

So after her X-wing settled down in the spaceport, she already knew where she was going next. She climbed out of the cockpit, removed her helmet and shook out her long hair, before she started walking to a nearby Cantina. If there was a place where these merchants would be, it would be there.

They needed to be close to the spaceport to trade weapons off-world, after all.

But as Valery opened the door and stepped inside, her senses were drawn to something very different. Another presence in the Force called out to her from this very Cantina, and it felt like a Jedi — calm and light. She briefly glanced around in an attempt to locate the source, but ultimately decided to walk up to the bar to announce her own presence, just in case the other did not wish to be found. Wearing the formfitting attire she was widely known for throughout the Galaxy and two lightsabers dangling from her hips, she knew she stood out, and she wasn't hiding her own presence either.

Hopefully, she would be recognized as Jedi.

Eli-Mae took a moment to compose herself as she glanced around the floor noting the mix of aliens in the cantina all around her a twi’lek with light green skin stood on the stage toward the center of the cantina providing music for the patrons. However it was not the twi’lek that had the small redheads attention but the shadier patrons she could see lingering around the edges of the room huddling in corners or along the walls whispering or looking over their shoulders in her direction. This set Eli’s mind swirling. Did they recognize her? Had the men that hunted her placed a bounty on her head? Or were they just noticing a small woman who entered the cantina alone a possible easy target to rob or worse?

All of these thoughts crossed the young woman's mind in a matter of seconds and her hands twitched gently toward the hilts of her lightsaber. It was at this moment that a server made his way to her table “What can I get for you” He murmured his eyes fixed on her own “Corellian red if you have it” She said smiling her signature single dimpled smile. The short man raised an eyebrow obviously not an order he got often and scuffled away to go grab it for her.

As soon as the waiter shuffled off Eli went back to what she was doing, scanning the crowd and plotting a way out should she need it, being in a corner was not ideal in this way, there was at least 10 people between her and the door she could probably get through 3 or 4 of them before the rest could get to her but it would make no difference as they would overwhelm her if that was indeed the case. Eli’s eyes found her hands were shaking, this was very unlike her. She was typically calm under pressure but after all this time running jumping from planet to planet her nerves were raw. As the waiter returned with a glass full of red liquid she thanked the man took a sip, it was great, and asked for something to eat. It did not matter what as long as it was hot.

As soon as the waiter scuttled off Eli sensed something, a light spot that had not been there before. Her light blue eyes raised to meet the woman who stood near the door. She knew the woman could sense she was there but she waited making no move, she was too fearful though she sensed the light side of the force on her she had met others who had tried to con her before. However she did reach out with the force gently attempting to draw the woman’s eyes to her.

Teyr
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

After making her way over to the bar, Valery ordered herself a glass of fruit juice — she wasn't one to drink alcohol on the job, even if she could filter it from her system. The drink would help her blend into the crowd either way, and luckily, she didn't have to wait for very long before she got a signal. Her own attempt at making it very clear that she was Force-sensitive was met with a gentle nudge to the Force.

A call to draw her attention elsewhere.

Valery turned, fiery gaze scanning the room until they settled on a woman further away. She had been looking at her, and Valery could feel the Force swirling around her. There was some hesitation despite it, but in an attempt to let that fade, Valery projected a calm aura and began to casually walk over, as if she was approaching a friend or someone she wished to talk to.

"Mind if I join you?" Valery asked her. She offered the woman a polite smile and gestured at the empty seat in front of her.

Eli’s light blue eyes locked onto the woman as she turned away from the bar toward her. Though she thought she could trust the other her petite fingers twitched brushing against the hilts of her sabers. The petite redhead could feel the force aura surrounding the other woman change ever so slightly just a bit calmer perhaps it was a combination of her own aura and the Valery’s maybe in an attempt to calm her down a bit. With those thoughts flooding her mind she flexed her fingers and pulled her hands away from her sabers.

The casual way that the woman approached her also helped put her mind at ease for just a moment as she took another sip of her drink. Her eyes searched the womans silhouette for any signs of her allegiance or alignment. When her baby blue eyes landed on the sabers hanging from the womans hips she was able to breathe a sigh of relief. Hoping she had just found a friend.

Eli’s eyes met the womans as she asked if she may join her. She hesitated for half a heart beat not long enough for anyone to be suspicious but long enough that the woman may notice the slight hesitation before responding “o-of course” as she gestured to a seat across the table from herself.

Teyr
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

Tension slowly began to fade as Valery drew closer, her fiery gaze connecting with the other woman in an attempt to convey calmer emotions. But even then, there was some hesitation she felt when she asked about joining her. Luckily, after a brief moment, that mostly faded as well and she was allowed to sit down. "Thank you," Valery said with a polite smile, as she slowly and elegantly lowered herself into her seat, and placed her glass down on the table.

"As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm a Jedi and I felt you reaching out through the Force, so I figured I'd come over" she explained, hoping that the revelation about being a Jedi would help. Few people would be afraid of them after all, and she clearly wasn't Sith or an enemy of the Jedi with how she felt in the Force.

"I'm Master Valery Noble," Valery then added to introduce herself.

The way the other woman carried herself brought a slight ease to Eli-Mae. As the woman eased herself gracefully down into the seat across from Eli the petite woman smoothed her cloak and let her eyes wander the room briefly, there was movement by the door nothing crazy but something didn’t feel right to her.

However as the woman began to speak Eli’s eyes snapped to hers, she took a moment to process her words before responding in her own right “Yes ma’am I did indeed reach out to you, I felt your presence and it felt light so I thought it must be safe.” As she said this she became distinctly aware of a ruckus by the front door, this took away the ease she felt and her hands went back to the sabers at her belt.

As the woman introduced herself Eli smiled her signature single dimpled smile and replied softly “It is a pleasure to meet you Master Noble my name is Eli-Mae Forrest.” As she finished her statement her eyes once more flicked toward the door. “I apologize for my hagrid appearance it has been a long few days.” She said as more of an aside than anything else as the commotion grew she thought she heard one of the men who had entered say her name and that put her on edge.

Teyr
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

"Well, I'm glad that you reached out," Valery began, her own eyes briefly shifting to the commotion near the door of the establishment. It wasn't entirely uncommon for people to get into arguments or fights in cantinas, but it seemed to really put Eli-Mae on edge, so Valery wondered if there was more to it. For now, she remained quiet about it though, and turned her fiery gaze back to the other woman.

"The pleasure is mine, Eli-Mae, and don't worry about your appearance. But I must ask..." Again, Valery looked over in the direction of the ruckus that was only growing louder, and this time she did so visibly to make Eli-Mae aware of it as well. "Are you on the run for someone or something?" Everything about her made it feel that way — she was constantly looking around, greatly worried and the people near the entrance really seemed to almost frighten her.

But why?

"If you're afraid they'll do something to you, I can offer protection."

It took only a moment for Eli’s eyes to find Valery’s in the dim light, “I am glad as well” she responded. She could tell Valery knew more than she let on about what was going on in her head, but she wasn’t going to volunteer that information until it was asked for. Eli settled her eyes on Valery’s and attempted to not think about what she assumed was happening by the door but that was easier said than done.

It was at this point that Eli caught Valery’s gaze wander over toward the door and the ruckus going on there and she knew the question was imminent. Her petite fingers wrapped around her cup and she took yet another drink draining the remainder of the sweet red liquid as she listened to the question being posed. A look of terror flashed in her light blue eyes for only a moment, just long enough that Eli assumed Valery saw it.

Yes I-I am, I did what I thought was right and have been paying for it.” She said softly sitting her cup down on the table as she did her right sleeve slid up above her wrist displaying her mottled black and blue skin beneath, this lasted only a moment before she tugged her sleeve back down quickly.

I am afraid I have been running from system to system for weeks with hardly time to sleep or eat.” she said barely louder than a whisper just loud enough for Valery to hear her. As she admitted it her eyes once more settled near the front door.

Teyr
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

Valery watched Eli-Mae lower her sleeve to reveal the skin underneath. She frowned at the sight, and glanced over her shoulder once more to the people there, who were now undoubtedly looking for her. There was risk to helping a stranger escape from people when you didn't know the whole story, but Valery could feel that she was in the right offering her protection, and had one crucial piece of information.

"Well, those people hardly look like they're official Alliance, so I don't care who they are right now. We're getting you out, and then I'd like you to tell me everything, alright?" She could promise this protection, but she had to know what happened that caused all of this. Addressing a problem without knowing the details was just not the Jedi way.

Once more, Valery glanced back at the door, before she stood up and looked at Eli again, hoping she'd rise along with her. Whether they'd run or fight they way out of this didn't matter. She wasn't going to let this woman be harmed again, not under her watch.

"Ready?"

Eli-Mae let out a sigh of relief as she listened to the Jedi speak, she was finally going to have someone she could trust to help her possibly get out of this situation. The young Vahla took in a deep breath and held it for a moment attempting to settle her nerves. As she released the breath Eli felt her shoulders trembling but she attempted to tighten her muscles to stop from shaking. As her shoulders stopped shaking she snapped her light blue eyes to Valery as she finished her statement. It took a moment for her to process what was just said, she knew that Valery didn’t trust her completely which was understandable but it still gave Eli-Mae some pause.

Of course” She managed to croak out as her eyes wandered back to the door where she began to see a group of 6 men who she had seen before. Fear struck her heart, it was the men who had chased her halfway across the galaxy for taking out their boss.

Right behind you,” Eli said as she stood tugging her hood down a little further and her hands coming down to rest on her sabers as she turned to follow Valery. One way or another this would all be over soon.

Teyr
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

Once Eli stood up and joined her, Valery gave her a moment to mentally prepare herself. She was going to try and sneak the woman past the six men at the entrance, but something told her that it wasn't going to be so easy. Eli-Mae Forrest Eli-Mae Forrest likely knew that as well, but not acknowledging the unspoken truth was perhaps more comfortable than talking about it more. They had to just move, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

"Alright, let's go."

With the other woman right behind her, Valery walked towards the entrance with her senses on high alert. She could feel the tension lingering in the Force, and at first, it wasn't increasing. Her own striking appearance kept any eyes shifting to the two moving figures to herself, rather than the more covered up woman behind her. But as it became clear that she was heading for the entrance, the six thugs began to grow suspicious.

Valery could feel it as she drew closer to them.

"Hey hold up-" One of the six men placed his hand on Valery's shoulder to stop her from leaving the cantina, and it was at that moment Valery knew she couldn't just walk out. Her own hand quickly took hold of his arm, and pulled him down into a bone-crushing knee for the ribs. With a yelp of pain, he bent over her knee, before she slammed him into a table and tossed him towards the other five men. "Go now!" Valery called out to Eli-Mae, hoping that she'd be able to cover her escape.

As Valery's voice rang in her ears Eli tried to pull herself deeper into her cloak, she was pretty sure there was no way that it would have any effect but she couldn't stop herself from trying. Looking down at her feet and those of her companion Eli tried to steady her breathing.

She could tell that Valery was hoping that they'd get out of this situation without a fight but Eli was pretty sure that wasn't going to be an option though she continued forward. She lifted her eyes and let the flick between the two men closest to them not know how it would all go down.

It was in that moment that the first man grabbed Valery’s shoulder and Eli-Mae's shoulders tensed, she could feel the eyes of the other 5 men upon her. They already knew what she was however she didn't want to cause mass hysteria if she could keep from it.

As Valery's knee connected with the man's ribs and she shouted for Eli to flee the redhead had every intention but as she strided toward the door a hand caught her cloak and wrenched her hood back revealing her hair glimmering in the dim light it appeared to be fire.

Eli let out a yelp and dropped down spinning on one leg to sweep the man's leg. As she did she sensed another of the men swinging at her, however her reaction time was just a touch slow and the strike caught her in the ribs sending her into the table that was already teetering knocking it over. The redhead let out a muffled gasp as it connected.

Teyr
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

After knocking one of them down, Valery watched 2 of them move after Eli while the other 2 came for her, their fists ready for a fight. But Valery had no intentions of drawing this out and raised a hand to summon the Force. An invisible grip extended to both of them, freezing them in place for just a second before she lifted them up and slammed them back into the ground. Not with enough force to cause permanent injuries, but enough to keep them from being a problem today.

The Jedi Master then turned, fiery eyes searching for Eli, and spotted the woman sweeping one of the attackers down to the floor before she was struck by the other. The punch looked like it hurt, but crashing into the table likely didn't help either, so Valery was quick to intercept the man who had attacked her.

Running up from behind, Valery wasted no time trying to fight, and Force pushed him into the wall, before rushing over to Eli-Mae. "Come on, we gotta go!" she called out with a hand extended to pull her back up to her feet. They'd have time to check out a possible injury later — right now, they had to just run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom