Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Certain Point of View...

Petrichor could feel the Force swirling around Illian Dragos Illian Dragos as they went through the exercise. There was this conflicting energy within the young man, and Petrichor could feel it. There was the endless back and forth between the light and the dark, all culminating into a primal torrent of self. There was a swell in the Force surrounding them as Illian called out to the rock.

The Sith lord hadn't seen this level of power in someone so new to the ways of the Force in quite a while. He hadn't seen this raw energy since his earliest days as a master. And yet, here he was, seeing it again.

It almost felt like back then.

Illian tried once, twice, thrice... over a dozen times, he tried, without lifting the rock. With each failure, the torrent of energy grew. Petrichor could sense the will of Illian increasing in potency with each failed attempt. Finally, the young man was able to lift the rock, if only for a moment.

Petrichor had to admit, he was impressed.

"Very good."

He looked back to Illian.

"Many have spent much longer trying to accomplish even this basic task. You indeed show much promise."

He leaned in as he continued.

"Remember the feeling at the moment that you called out to that rock. Learn to tap into that on a whim, and to call out to it at a moment's notice. With each success comes strength. Furthermore, through failure comes understanding. Reflect on your failed attempts to lift the rock. Notice what changed within yourself as you moved from failure to success. This will help you to find your place within the Force. Perhaps that means one day you'll be a Jedi, or perhaps a Sith. Or perhaps, something else."

He chuckled.

"Perhaps that means one day we will be at odds. The Force is funny like that. But whatever it was that you felt in that moment, that is what will bring you success."

He stood up once again.

"The next step will involve repetition, and a lot of it. You will have to try to recreate your success daily. Growth will only come through continuous practice. And then, once you believe you have reached the end, do it all over again."

Reaching out through the Force, he lifted the rock and threw it to the water, causing a large splash.

"That is how you become a wave instead of just a mere ripple."

He reached into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out a datadisc and holding it out to Illian.

"This is a copy of my text. You will find many of my basic teachings therein. And don't worry, it isn't steeped in your average Sith imperialist drivel. It'll provide you with a framework from which you can build, as well as line out how to tap into the Dark Side without becoming a slave."

Petrichor looked down toward the datadisc as he spoke.

"It doesn't hold all of the answers, of course, but it is a start. If you wish to learn more of this path, or have questions about the Force, I would like to invite you to visit my academy on Lehon. Even if you do not wish to remain there, you might find that, at least, you are not alone in seeking that inner balance."

It had been a long time since Petrichor had personally invited anyone to visit the academy. The secrecy of the Order was always of upmost importance. When standing next to such potential, however, he couldn't let it pass without making the offer.

"And don't worry, we won't be trying to convert you to the Dark Side. After all, we are students of the Force before we are Sith. Consider it an... offer to experience the periphery Sith culture, rather than an invitation to join. You might come to find that not all of us are so tunnel-sighted as our brethren."

"Wait.... Did I just hear that right? A Sith, a Dark Lord just suggested that I can become a Jedi?"

Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor was a weird Sith, and Illian was more cautious than he had been after he had arrived. To be fair to Petrichor though, Illian couldn't sense any lies from him. Then again, he had a freaky mask. He wouldn't trust him fully, but for Illian, Petrichor was in his good books.

"Don't worry. The repetition part, I got it. Thank you as well for your book."

He read the initial tract, and was already hooked. Illian didn't believe in fate, but so far, he had to admit that he had been pretty fortunate. Having learned from such high-calibre force sensitives, all that called on the dark-side(or whatever they believed it to be) made him wonder if the dark side was calling him. He was certainly fortunate, but he still needed to learn as much as he could before he got his answer.

"Well... I have some time. Why don't you take me to your academy?"

Petrichor let out a slight chuckle as Illian Dragos Illian Dragos spoke.

"Indeed I did. After all, I am not so shortsighted enough to assume that you'd end up a Sith. In the end, the path is yours, and only time will tell which turns you will take."

He appreciated the enthusiasm exhibited by the young man. There was indeed much potential for him to become a strong user of the Force. Furthermore, he had proven to be open-minded; a trait that would serve him well through his search for answers.

He gave a slight bow of the head in response to the thanks. It had been a while since Petrichor had personally provided someone with a copy, so he was glad to hear that it was well-received. Petrichor was eager to show him the academy back on Lehon.

"Then visit we shall..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom