Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bug's Life

The Verpine nodded in agreement. "Krksakser, kreserkekkrk, krasakkerkaskerka kreserk kaser." (I am aware of this. I managed to fix the problem by using smaller, but more plentiful, magnetic rails. With these, the smaller pellets where more easily kept in place coming out of the barrel.)

He took the Volley Gun and began to examine it. He admitted that it was a very well put together piece of technology. And it did fix the problem with the pellets. However, he could see a few places where it might be improved. "Ksrserkas Kren. Krser krenerkas kasers." (It's very nice. I might be able to improve it, though.)

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Kolai Onolz"],

[Verpine] "Khrkjrkrk? (How so?)"

The droid would ask the Verpine interested,

[Verpine] "Krhkrkrkhskrshkr, krhkshrkshrks khrkhssskrhkshrks ssrkhrkhskhrkhsr. Rkskhrkkrhkr, kshrkkrkrskkshkrkjr. (It already punches more punch than regular scatterguns out there, we are working on making the barrel length smaller and rails more powerful with a more efficient power pack to make it easier to carry and maneuver around with them on ships. We also have a version in development for ships, as a point-blank defense weapon.)"

HK would list the improvements on the gun they were already implementing. He also took note of how Kolai managed to bypass the problem with pellets, it was something he would keep in mind and implement later with his company. Muahaha, casual copyright infringement.

He snorted softly at the mention of the droid. "Impressive...sure," He muttered. "Big, savage looking thing, aren't you?"

The two of them started conversing in what he assumed was the Verpine's chittering language, producing a variety of what he recognized as Verpine shatterguns. Or...they looked like it, at least. "So, you're fresh off the, what....hatchery....and looking to become a bounty hunter?" He directed towards the insectoid, sliding a small credit chip across the table as the waitress returned with his drink, a mug of faintly purple liquid. "Oh," He added, "And yes, that's me. Ten thousand and something on their list. That's what you get for messing around with the wives of high born politicians."

Kolai took the gun, turning it over in his hands and setting it down the the table. He pointed along the barrel to where it met the power pack. "Krsrkar ker kaserkerakekrkkak kaser kererkkerkkas kaserkert" (The current configuration for the power packs leading along the rails is inefficient. Decentralized power packs integrated beneath the rails would provide less power loss, less wasted space, and an overall efficiency boost.) He pointed to the pellet loader, a set of six disks arranged to load pellets. "Krkkkkrkrk kererkkereark krerk krserk kearerkeak" (While this system is functional, it could be further improved by strengthening the disks, adding a simple shunt, and hollowing out the disk further to allow for more pellets. Instead of holding seven, the disks would now hold 14.) He picked it up, examining it further. "Krkerkkekr kerserk ker" (Upon further examination, I'm sure I could find more ways to improve it.)

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Varon Pryde"], [member="Kolai Onolz"],

At his question the droid would look to Varon,

"Actually, based on his ability to modify and analyze magnetic-propulsion devices, it is most probable that he has received elementary Verpine education between leaving his incubator and arriving at this location."

The machine would chirp to him before quipping,

"And I did not realize Republic placed bounties for adultery nowadays."

At the Verpine's words the machine would nod reaching to take back his large Volley Gun,

"Krhkskrkkskrkskrah? Krhkrssksksr, hrskskskrhksksidksk. (Are you so sure Bounty Hunting business is good for you? You could work in my company, it will be solid pay without anybody shooting at you.)"

The machine offered to him

The Verpine nodded. "Krerkkekkrek kaerkkeakkekrrkek." (If you're offering me a job I see no reason why I cannot put both my skills with technology and my skills in combat to use.)

[member="HK-36"]

"Well, that was easy," He muttered, taking a sip of the liquid he'd been given. "And no, not adultery. I had a brief....connection....to the wife of a senator a while back. Instead of being angry, he shot her and tried to have me arrested, hence the wanted list." The human shrugged as if it weren't a big deal.
[member="HK-36"]

(I waited too long to post, sorry if it's buggy :p)

As HK-36 walked into the bar and spoke Adenn turned to see the droid as he entered, chuckling upon hearing what he said before turning back to Kolai as he asked about the droid, slowly he shrugged "From the look of him, he'll probably be better than me." the bounty hunter turned back to the droid when it spoke to him, wondering why it would ask about his family out of the blue like that "Uh, well, my father is doing good, I haven't seen him in a few months but I do know he is fine." Adenn frowned, knowing this night would be even more unusual than it already was, since after a few moments of sitting silently the droid and the Verpine started speaking in a language that he could not understand, but they were most likely speaking about their weapons, as they had passing them to each other and examining them. As Adenn sat near the two talking he started scratching his chin again, feeling a bit left out due to the droid and bug not speaking a common language, but it wasn't really something the the bounty hunter cared about, as long as they weren't speaking about something that would interest the man.

[member="Kolai Onolz"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Varon Pryde"]

HK-36

[member="Kolai Onolz"], [member="Varon Pryde"], [member="Adenn Gra'tua"],

[Verpine] "Khrkrkr, koo, skrhkrkskrhkrkrk, hhhkrksrkhksrk. (At first, no, but it will hold you back in the end, choice will have to be made)"

The machine clicked to insectoid,

[Verpine] "Krshhskrhkrskhrks sskrhrkhrkssrkrhrkkrkhr rkshrkhhhkrshkhsrkh, rkkrhshkhskrhsrkhs rhkshrkhskhrkshkrh. (Otherwise it would be a liability to have a higher ranking researcher put his life and his knowledge in danger, should you perish the research and data you would be collecting would take a hit)

The droid explained before looking to Varon,

"Sounds like accomplice to adultery then."

Before replying to Adenn finally,

"Well I have been in the business since Old Republic, my last big bounties included taking down Dreadpirate Lord RC 212 from Deathwatch when he came to raid Abregado-Rae, he was a sole survivor of his party meeting with me"

HK boosted of his deeds, overlooking the fact Sarge helped him as well,

"Then I found his second in command, General Krikan or Krill or something like that, he surrendered to me, Captain Sparrow, and Colonel Corek, we joined forces expecting a fight, turns out the General preferred to not have him or his men die."

The droid waved it off dismissively before nodding to Adenn once more,

"And I am glad to hear so of your father, he is a good man."

Of course the droid didn't knew of Adenn's family, it was questionable how much he cared, but he was trying to be polite, just because they are in a bar and bunch of scruffy hunters and what not did not mean they couldn't had good manners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom