Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bug's Life

"Watch it, Bug!" The Weequay slurred angrily as he jostled past the confused Verpine. The streets weren't exactly busy, per say, but they where filled with scoundrels, pirates, drunks, and mercenaries. His teachers had taught him that this would be an ideal place for a mercenary to acquire experience, and find work. But Kolai was starting to experience doubt at that. He tried ambling over to a shop keeper, an aging human with grey stubble and dark eyes.

"Excuse me." The Verpine said in basic, trying to acquaint himself with the foreign words he'd learned. "But I am a mercenary, and I'm looking for work."

The man almost laughed out loud, but managed to control himself. "Bug, you're one of the greenest 'Mercenaries' I've ever seen, and I ain't talkin 'bout your skin. If you wanna get killed, check the local cantina. I'm sure someone would happily use you as fodder."

The Verpine was confused, mostly. The man seemed quite jolly and helpful. But his words seemed harmful. "Thank you for the advice." He quickly said before scuttling off. Maybe the old human was right about the cantina? He decided, with nothing better to do and nowhere else to go, to locate the bar and find work.

Adenn Gra'tua sat in a booth with a drink in his hand, it was the first one he'd be having since he arrived at the cantina, and hopefully it would be the only one, as he'd gone two days without sleep, and he planned on getting some form of rest this night, and maybe throughout the rest of that day also. The bounty hunter was in his full custom armor, all weapons in their proper places, along with his helmet on the table in front of him, hopefully he didn't register as a mandalorian to anyone else though, since he could go without too much attention tonight. As Adenn sipped his drink his eyes drifted towards the bounty board, searching the list for any high paying or interesting bounties, not that he'd be taking on any of them soon though, he'd probably fall asleep halfway through the one his did take, so he quickly turned back to his drink, taking another sip.

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

Kolai stepped quickly and carefully into the bar. He kept his helmet clipped to his belt, and tried not to bump into anyone as he moved through. This seemed like a very...uncomfortable place. But, in all fairness, Kolai would have been uncomfortable anywhere not on an asteroid. It didn't take him long to spy a posting board, which he briskly walked to and scanned intently.

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

Yet again, Adenn found himself staring at the bounty board, well not at the bounties, but at the Verpine standing near it, who seemed to be inspecting all the bounties on the list, wether this should have concerned the bounty hunter or not, he didn't know but it wasn't that often that he got to see one of the bugs at all. After staring for long enough Adenn turned away, taking another sip of his drink as he contemplated what the Verpine was doing, and of course after contemplating for a moment he quickly remembered that the bug was staring at the bounty board, meaning he was looking for a job, it would probably be looking for an easier one, without too much danger, considering the lack of gear.

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

The bounty board wasn't particularly useful. It mostly seemed to be filled with petty revenge and business related jobs. He didn't want to capture someone that was helping people, or, at least, not causing harm. He thought, trying to think of what he could do next. He turned his head, and spied [member="Adenn Gra'tua"] out of his peripheral vision. He felt his spirits lift instantly. The helmet and armor checked out. He was a Mandalorian. He turned fully to the man, approaching him. "Excuse me. Are you a Mandalorian?"

"Uhh, yeah I'm a mando, dunno how you know that though." Adenn shrugged, studying the Verpine a bit more as he know was closer "So, can I help you with anything? And if you need a seat then take one, I'm not expecting anyone else." the bounty hunter offered, holding a hand in the direction of the seat across from him, while he checked himself for any huge signs of himself being a mando 'Maybe it's my armor color, the bug might recognize the color of the beskar, but anyways, he already identified me, and the thing seems nice enough to not try and kill me... For some... Paranoid reason?' As Adenn moved his hand back to the table in front of him he looked toward his drink to find it empty, but he felt he wouldn't need another one very soon.

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

The Verpine tilted his head, looking at the man across from him. "Your armor is very distinctive. That's beskar, which is only found on planets under Mandalorian control. Correct?" He felt no fear or resentment towards this man. Only the feeling one might feel towards someone from the same species, but different hive.

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

"Ah, that explains it, and you are correct. Good to know I don't have a sign with 'mando' written on it somewhere on me." Adenn chuckled, quickly circling his head around to make it pop, to which he heard, and more so, felt popping almost halfway down his shoulder blades. The bounty hunter proceeded to lean back, which was made possible due to the detached back-plate which had the jet pack attached to it, that back-plate was not near Adenn though, as it would look odd to see a man like him sitting with a large jet pack in the same booth, and it would be a pain to get on if he needed it, so he had kept it away from himself, so he wouldn't try putting it back on for some reason.

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

"Ah. It is very good to meet a member of our sister hive." The Verpine said, gesturing toward the man with an appendage. "Munit oyacyir mando'ade" he said cheerfully in the tongue he'd been taught since birth. The gesture was a friendly one, the world literally translating to 'Long live Mandalorians'.

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

Adenn chuckled at the Verpine's comment 'long live the Mandalorians', which to fit the mood, so he replied "Bal'ban vod, bal'ban." <Indeed brother, indeed.> before he let out another chuckle, even though mando'a was a second language to the bounty hunter it was still a little strange speaking it, even in small amounts.

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

The Verpine felt immensely better about his situation. It was great meeting a stranger that he could identify with. He put his own helmet on the table, a modified Mandalorian Helmet, save for the lack of a T-visor and the presence of a large , bubble visor designed specifically for a Verpine. "If I may ask you, I was wondering if you'd help me, in a small way."

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

Adenn raised an eyebrow when the Verpine asked if the bounty hunter could help him, not that it was too unusual to be doing something for someone else, in any way, but normally the only way he had 'helped' anyone a majority of the time was after he'd found a bounty set up by them, normally a stranger didn't come up to him and ask for some form of help, but Adenn decided that the bug was a vod, which meant he'd help him, as long as he himself was a mando "You don't need to ask, I'll help." the bounty hunter said.

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

"Well," Kolai began. "Back at my Hive, I was taught about culture, combat, and language. These are very useful, and serve me well. However, we Verpine don't often venture outside Roche, and I was not taught about Mercenary work. I was hoping to ask you for a quick synopsis of the trade, so I may begin.

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

Adenn took in the Verpine's words as it spoke them, upon hearing that it wanted to be a merc the man smirked before he spoke "If you are asking for a synopsis then I don't think I can give that to you, since I haven't done any mercenary work that I can remember." while the bounty hunter took a breath he thought of his next words quickly "But one major thing I can tell you is, get trained by someone who's willing to train you, someone who's been in the business for a while, sadly I can't help you since I'm a lazy shabuir, and the only advice I'd be able to give anyways is how to shoot better and how to fist fight." Adenn frowned, quickly scratching his chin before continuing "I know that wasn't really helping too much, but it's all the advice I have for you, if my buir <father> was here though, he'd be able to help a lot more than I just did... But, as I said, ask around for some training, it may make you look as green as grass but that's how everyone starts out, even I didn't start out as the bounty hunter I am now."

[member="Kolai Onolz"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Kolai Onolz"], [member="Adenn Gra'tua"],

Suddenly the door to the bar would open, held aside by two armored hands as monotone robotic voice would speak out,

"I am an ancient metal being, I have been in bounty hunting business for a while, and I am not a lazy shabuir."

The machine would say, as smooth and capable at blending in as always, although he wore his heavy Omega Defense Power Armor over his already metal body, there were no visible markings or usual commendations on it or his cloak, apparently trying to blend in as any other armored mercenary or bounty hunter around. At least it were convenient words for Kolai, echoing what Adenn just told him to seek, only a coincidence of course.

Strolling over to the bar counter the bar keep would voice usual concern of droids not being allowed as they do not drink, to which HK responded with few credits placed on the surface of the bar before he announced,

"Round of drinks to all organics on me."

Kolai turned his head, about to both thank the man and mention that he was already green in coloration when [member="HK-36"] barged into the bar. The droids emergence was fairly perplexing, as his words mirrored the Mandalorians perfectly. He turned back to [member="Adenn Gra'tua"] , and asked "Would he do?"

[member="Kolai Onolz"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Adenn Gra'tua"]
---

Varon's eyes opened at the grating sound of the synthetic voice. Dazzling green orbs tracked across the room as he searched for the offender, and as he found the large, heavily armored droid, he muttered an expletive under his breath.

"Kriffing wonderful...."

He had been dozing off in a corner of the dimly lit cantina, reasonably confident that at least on this world nobody would try to steal an armed patron's belongings, before or after sticking a knife in his neck. Many worlds were not so friendly, but he'd been hoping for a bit of shut-eye that didn't take place onboard his ship. He loved the Damsel, but she got cramped sometimes. But of course it couldn't be that easy, could it? No.

He sat up, wiping a small strand of drool from the corner of his mouth and tipping his wide-brimmed hat up to get a better view of proceedings. He'd been idly listening to the conversations around him, but not truly paying attention. But as he noticed the Verpine a few booths down from his own, talking to a nondescript humanoid, he couldn't help but chime in.

"You mean to tell me that you want to be trained as a bounty hunter by the first droid to walk in and announce it's amazingness?" He asked, waving over a serving girl. "Were you just...." He paused for a moment, realizing that he didn't know much about Verpine biology, "....Hatched?" He ventured. His tone held no hostility, if anything, he sounded more amused than anything.

HK-36

[member="Kolai Onolz"], [member="Varon Pryde"], [member="Adenn Gra'tua"],

Scanning around the bar he would notice a familiar face, surprisingly enough, small Galaxy after all,

"Oh hey, Adenn, how are your folks?"

The droid would speak out to him from across the bar, waving to make sure he would be seen by the Mandalorian.

Of course if an armored machine who just threw money around would do something around buying a round for everyone would pull something like that not only one person would look to him but indeed half if not all of the bar patrons. At that moment the droid would probably look like more of a dork rather than experienced bounty hunter who would probably keep a low profile. Some could say that his current cushy desk job as a CEO and a Head of State made him loose his touch with the harsh and rough world of Bounty Hunters, some could say that he just started to become a bit nutty throughout his long life time, still others could say that the writer was pretty tired from cold or flu or whatever made his nose so bloody runny and his throat sore and he was feeling lazy while watching a musical on the side.

There would be some truth in all of those speculations.

Either way the machine would push himself off of the barstool he occupied, strolling through the bar to the trio, his weaponry clanking, his cloak quickly wrapping around him to hide whatever he was packing, until he finally stood by them.

"Who are your friends?"

He would look to Kolai and click in his native tongue,

[Verpine] "Krk-krkrksskrkksrk, krackarkrkrskr rkrkkkrkskrk? (Hello, long way from home aren't you?)"

And then he would look to Varon, giving him a nod,

"And greetings to you, mister-"

He would pause doing a scan of him and his profile before tilting his head,

"10,827 on Republic's Most Wanted?"

All so the droid allegedly claimed, of course the place would probably not have the best Holonet connection so his data on the man was off, after all he only had a brief scan of him.

Either way, the droid would move his hands to his metal armored hips, his cloak pulling back at that, Kolai would be able to see a holstered Verpine Shatterpistol in one of the droid's holsters, on the other side Varon would be able to see a lightsaber hanging off of the machine's belt.

Kolai was particularly surprised by the droids knowledge of his language. Very few Verpine even used it, considering their telepathy, and almost no outsiders bothered to learn. He was, to say the least, impressed. "I don't know." He replied to the man a few booths down. "But this is a very impressive droid." He leaned back and took a look at the droids weapons. He gave a long, low, chirp, mostly akin to a human whistle. "Krrk-krsrkarkasek. Krarkrker-rke-krerkarksk" (Very nice. Not as nice as mine.) In a swift motion, he pulled out and set down his own custom shatter guns, modified from their normal single shot configuration into one-handed scatterguns.

[member="HK-36"]
[member="Varon Pryde"]
[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

HK-36

[member="Kolai Onolz"],

The droid would nod at the magnetic scatterguns,

[Verpine] "Krksh, krkakrkkakrkks. Krkakrakrkakrkarkar- retro engineering- krkkshkaakrakrkakrkarkark. Krkarksksahkakarkarhk, karkkkrhkrkhrkhrk- bounce - krkkhskkskhrkakrkkahrkhkahrk, zippe. (Very nice, but you see I can one up this. When I was retro-engingeering shatterguns to make my own I came upon a problem when making them into scatterguns. The maintenance and degradation rates were too high for mass deployment, during hypervelocity in the barrel the pellets would start to bounce around and damage the barrel and magnetic rails as they were propelled, you see.)"

So the machine would reach to his back to pull out a very large rifle, it was the Volley Gun MK 1 his company produced, it was a scattergun but instead of firing multiple projectiles from one barrel at the same time it fired single projectile from multiple barrels at the same time.

[Verpine] "Krkkkshkkrkskrakrk, karkhakrhakrhaha-har-har-hars, krkskkrksa (So what we did was stick bunch of shatterguns together and have them fire at the same time, it is heavier and has more recoil, but bigger kick and does not break as fast)"

He would pass the large handcannon so Kolai would be able to inspect it himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom