Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bot Out Of Time

Dak gives a nod to the [member="Cedric Grayson"]'s explanation of his fighting style "I will do my best not to blast you, Master Cedric. By accident I mean, of course." Glancing back out at the targets the droid let's out a replicated sigh of longing "I will miss my Liquidator, but certainly your kind have managed to invent a weapon worthwhile in all of this time?"

P028 was hopelessly unaware of the world in it's current state. Everything appeared familiar at a glance, but the things the young Grayson had mentioned painted the picture of a much different Galaxy than the one Dak had unwillingly left behind. "Becoming acquainted with a new model will not take long, I assure you," he adds, returning his thoughts to the subject at hand.

"I trust that it won't," Cedric replied. Truthfully he was pleased to have Dak's services. The HK series was well renowned for their abilities in combat - Dak would likely serve as a boon when the war broke out once again. For now, Cedric was content to simply get used to having the combat droid around, though he knew a test of Dak's abilities in the field would likely present itself quite soon.

"And yes," a hint of dry humor found it's way into Cedric's voice, "I would prefer to remain as alive as I am now, if that's no trouble." He gave the droid a slight shrug to emphasize just how alive he liked to be.

"Looks like you won't be remaining here for long either," he mused as he checked his chrono. "The New Republic is hosting a ball that I need to attend. I'm not expecting any trouble, but we need to make sure the peace is maintained should anyone decide the ball is a good place to try out the new pipe bombs they've made," a pause, "I'll have a guest with me. A woman from the First Order - her safety is important."

[member="Dak"]

"Such an event is a perfect setting to ensure my protocol routines are operating properly," Dak claps his hands together enthusiastically, resulting in a metallic thud "what thrilling news this is, Master Cedric!" He nods to emphasize the excitement and continues to speak with a more upbeat tone "I do hope there are no significant malfunctions. I've heard terrible stories." He pauses on that note and his receptors shift to stare off into the distance as he ponders a thought, but he ultimately shakes his head to dismiss it "Let us not dwell on a mere 1.748% probability."

At that the droid motions off in a non-specific direction with his left hand, as if to indicate he is ready to depart. "Without intending offense, Master, I believe it's fair to say I've had my fill of the Graywall for the next while. I am eager to depart at your convenience," he lowers his hands and waits to follow alongside [member="Cedric Grayson"] "and meet your 'friend' as well."

Cedric wasn't sure whether he should be pleased or worried at Dak's apparent excitement about attending the ball. Truthfully he'd expected some form of protest from the modified assassin droid - most automatons of his make were far more combative in personality. They tended not to enjoy the social functions required of the political class - it only made Cedric wonder even more as to what Dak meant by a malfunction.

Was he referring to a malfunction of his own systems that might result in the deaths of dozens? Perhaps he was referring to a terrorist attack, or maybe even someone putting a little too much vodka in the punch mix.

Cedric resigned himself to a simple shrug and decided he could only hope for the best.

"I've got to put on my suit. She'll be landing shortly to get dressed as well - you'll be meeting her once we get to the party." Cedric gestured toward a shuttle parked on the landing pad. "Wait for me there. I should be half an hour, after that I suppose that party is starting in a quite literal sense." The masked Jedi paused, "I've a feeling this will be a very interesting get together."

[member="Dak"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom