Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship A-11 Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher Lord

W

s2sT58m.jpg

A-11 Interceptor

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent
A dedicated Systems Patrol Craft for the Lastwall Fleet

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer
LastwallPrimary Design
Von Sorenn IndustriesPrimary Manufacturer
Kuat Drive YardsA-series Interceptor Designs
Arakyd IndustriesWeapon Systems
Galactic Alliance MilitaryMissile Deactivation Transmitter
Affiliation:Lastwall
Confederacy of Independent Systems
Market-Status: Closed-Market
Model:A-11
Production:Minor
Materials
Hull PlatingInternal StructureAdditional Materials
Carbon-Durasteel ArmorTitaniumTransparisteel
AlusteelAluminiumStarfighter Components
Duraplast

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Classification:Territorial Defensive Interceptor
Length:8.3 meters
Width:5.9 meters
Height:4 meters
Hyperdrive:None
Armaments:Very Low
Defenses:Average
Maneuverability:High
Speed:High
Squadron Size:High - (16) per Squadron
Armaments and Defenses

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Crew Complement1 Pilot1 Astromech Droid
Minimum Complement1 Pilot
Passenger Capacity:None
Cargo Capacity:60 Kilograms
Consumables:1 Galactic Standard Day

STANDARD FEATURES
General Systems
Sensor Systems
Communication Systems
Shield Systems
Engineering Systems
Hull Plating

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
General Systems
Shield Systems
Starship Hull

STRENGTHS
  • AR-0B Damage Reduction Armor Component - With an ablative current coursing through the hull plating of the vessel, this component assists in the removal of harmful particles or debris, preventing them from building up on the vessel. This in turn extends the longevity of the hull plating and the overall life of the vessel.
  • GalaxyGuard Mark VII - An advanced shield component that provides additional endurance and range to a vessel's Deflector Shield generator. It provides additional coverage and extends the protective capabilities of the Deflector Shield in defending the Starfighter.
  • R-PB6 Repair System - A uncommon component found on a number of Starfighters, this pod contains a handful of probe droids that can be launched into space near the vessel. These probe droids then set about repairing nearby vessels - including the original vessel that deployed them.
  • L-41c Weapon Power Converter - An older component that was designed during the conflict between the Old Republic and Sith Empire - it is designed to allow a pilot to transfer the power from their engines into the weapon system reserves. This can potentially increase the duration in which the weapon can be fired while maintaining a higher rate of fire.
  • High Speed - Like many vessels in the A-series, the A-11 was designed with speed in mind befitting its classification as an Interceptor.
  • High Maneuverability - A paired compliment to the vessel's speed, the A-11 was also designed for maneuverability, capable of pulling off last moment banks, or pulling out of steep dives with centimeters to spare.

WEAKNESSES
  • Tomral RM-76 Heavy Laser Cannon - The primary weapon of the A-11 is also its most definitive weakness. The RM-76 - a heavier laser cannon than is often seen on Interceptors when compared to the standard wing-tip L-s9.3 Laser Cannons installed on the TIE Interceptor - consumes a large amount of power when firing and can rapidly drain the power reserve allocated for its operation. If not careful, a pilot may even accidentally drain their vessel's power, rendering them dead in the water, just from the prolonged firing of the weapon.
  • WhisperThrust Engine - This component utilizes supercooled gases and a series of engine components to render the vessel virtually undetected by sensors. However, it does not render the vessel invisible to the naked eye - likewise, sudden bursts of speed, render the system inert and would cause the vessel to be immediately detected on sensors.
  • SLAM Passout - An undesired side-effect of the vessel's SubLight Accelerator Motor is the potential it has in causing the pilot to pass out. In this event, the vessel and by extent, the pilot, would be rendered largely inoperable.
  • Structural Weakpoint - The cockpit sits in an exposed position above the rest of the Starfighter on a connecting structure. This structure, if targetted with sufficient and prolonged fire, has the potential of causing the cockpit to sheer away from the rest of the starfighter, rending the vessel inoperable.
  • No Life Support Systems - Like many in the TIE series of Starfighters, or the 357 series Interceptor - the A-11 contains no Life Support Systems. This means that the pilot must be sealed in an environmentally controlled flight suit and carry a life-support system with them in order to pilot the vessel.
  • No Hyperdrive - Though not a weakness in and of itself, the A-11 is not equipped with any kind of Hyperdrive nor can it be equipped with one without extensive modifications that could potentially compromise the structural integrity of the Starfighter. This means that the A-11 is entirely dependent on larger vessels to carry them through Hyperspace to their designation to either be deployed in combat or deployed into the System in which they would be stationed.

DESCRIPTION
As the influence of Lastwall begins to extend further into neighboring Systems in their ever continuing vigil and mandate to protect others from the horrors of the Galaxy - the need for a dedicated Starfighter Interceptor specifically designed for System Patrol was soon in high demand. The A-11 Interceptor was the answer - albeit a temporary one, as other designs are already underway for sturdier and more powerful Starfighter designs that can fulfill the same role and others as needed. Until such a time, the A-11 Interceptor remains the first choice when it comes to a Territorial Defensive Interceptor in those systems that are protected by the Lastwall Fleet. While lacking a heavier offensive compliment than some other Interceptors, its primary weapon - a singular Tomral RM-76 Heavy Laser Cannon, which protrudes from beneath the vessel - is devastating in its own right. However, its primary drawback is that it consumes a large amount of power when operated, forcing the pilots to be careful and precise with their shots to prevent their power from being completely drained. A singular Proton Torpedo Launcher provides an additional punch when needed - though it's clear that the vessel was not designed to focus on its weapon systems.

Rather, the A-11 Interceptor excels in the categories of Speed and Maneuverability - maintaining a focus on rapid hit and run tactics against enemy positions, starfighters, and vessels. Capable of performing tight banks and last-minute maneuvers, the A-11 makes up for its lack of weaponry in these regards. Though this also came at a cost in other areas, specifically in that the vessel lacks any kind of Life support system. This means that the pilot themselves must carry their own life support systems, often in an enclosed and pressurized flight suit. Likewise, the A-11 Interceptor lacks any kind of Hyperdrive, forcing it to rely on larger vessels for transportation between Systems - to either be deployed into combat situations or into those Systems in which they'll be the first line of defense and patrol.

It is clear though, that the A-11 Interceptor is the first in a new line of Starfighters to be fielded by the Lastwall Fleet, and that perhaps in time a more fitting successor will rise to the challenge. However, at this time, the A-11 has proven itself more than capable of handling a dogfight, and it has a long career ahead of itself both in the Lastwall Fleet and in the service of local defense fleets as it patrols any number of Systems. Its sole purpose, to act as a Territorial Defensive Interceptor and the first line of defense in the ongoing conflict against the ravenous hordes that seek to consume the Galaxy and its people.

kayc1o9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Watcher Lord

Looks good overall, though there are some issues to look at before I can approve this.
  • As you may or may or not be aware, the inclusion of turbolasers on starfighters has, at times, been rather controversial. I generally take the view that the ratings are what matters and thus don't look too closely at specified armaments, but the inclusion of a full-blown turbolaser on a tiny interceptor, one with an Armaments rating of only Very Low no less, is not something I will accept. Change it, please.​
  • I accepted the WhisperThrust weakness on your gunship, but since I'm already holding this up I'll take the time to ensure you understand that this "weakness" should not be interpreted so broadly as to be considered proper stealth technology. Many sensors do look for engine wakes, but that is far from the only kind available. I would strongly suggest being careful what you imply in RP and in submissions.
    • To be clear, this is not an issue with the inclusion itself - some small degree of anti-sensor tech may be permitted at Minor, but it should not be anywhere near equivalent to a cloaking device. Be careful how you write this, is all.​
  • Your "Structural Weakpoint" is a bit... odd, if I'm being honest. If one can direct "sufficient and prolonged fire" at the connection point directly beneath the cockpit, wouldn't just blowing up the cockpit itself be an objectively superior option?​

Watcher Lord

W
AMCO AMCO

• The H9 Turbolaser Cannon has been removed and replaced with a Tomral RM-76 Heavy Laser Cannon. I always took the meaning of the ratings - specifically in the armaments section - as being reflective of the quantity and quality of the specifically mentioned section. In my mind, I took this to mean that 'Very Low' meant that it had fewer weapons - though this is easily a misunderstanding on my part. I've also replaced the Taim&Bak link in the Manufacturing section with the link to Arakyd Industries - the manufacturers of the Tomral. The weakness however has remained - as the Tomral is a larger Laser Cannon than predominately seen on vessels of this size.

• The WhisperThrust Engine was never intended to be taken as a fully stealth technology - in reading or the writing of these vessels - and as a note, I've included them on a number of prior submissions, however, I understand that the Factory does not operate on precedence.

• The 'Structural Weaknpoint' weakness is more in line with a 'Flavor' weakness than a specific, solid weakness such as seen with the other weaknesses mentioned. More than anything, it was included predominately based on the image design that I am utilizing and can be considered more of a character flaw of the vessel than anything else - meant to provide just a bit more story to the overall design. And, as you've pointed out, an enemy could instead focus their fire on the cockpit directly due to it sitting higher. I added this purely because of the image design of the ship.

Watcher Lord

Excellent; I can understand the confusion, but the ratings refer to overall quality, not quantity - it's quite possible to have an Extreme rating starfighter with only a single gun. If anything, such a decision would be well-suited to communicate the sheer potency of that single weapon.​

As for the WhisperThrust Engine, they are not in and off themselves an issue - I just wanted to ensure you understood the obvious limitations. Likewise in regards to the Structural Weakpoint weakness; I don't really mind weaknesses that are purely flavour so long as they're paired with actionable ones.​

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom