Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Year Old Girl Discusses Princess Leia's Slave Outfit With Dad

There's nothing wrong with this video, honestly. It's not offensive, it's not anti-feminist, it's not demeaning or anything.
The girl likes the outfit. And that's great. She's decided that if she was in the situation, she'd keep the outfit and keep doing awesome stuff in it. Yeah, as she says, she doesn't want to be a slave. But if the outfit is one she likes... why not keep it?
You can be badass no matter what you're wearing.
Leia proved that. She was BA in a weird dress-thingy, she was BA in a dancer's outfit.
Peeps can wear what they want while they're adventuring. It's up to them. You can wear a loincloth and coconut bra and still kick ass. Or you can run around wearing a few inches of durasteel and kick ass.

This girl is a youngster. All she cares about is the fact that she likes the outfit. And that's great. She likes the outfit. If she likes it, then one day, when that outfit fits her, she can go kick ass in it (or do other, less dangerous things, it's up to her) or in one similar. Doesn't mean anyone should respect her any more or less.

TL;DR: Overall, it's a cute, funny video. Reminds me why kids actually aren't that bad.

sabrina

[member="Caius Flavian"][member="Silara Vantai"][member="Eddie"] [member="Ire'Rain Sekairo"]

I never said there was anything wrong with the little girls logic

Ire'Rain Sekairo said:
There's nothing wrong with this video, honestly. It's not offensive, it's not anti-feminist, it's not demeaning or anything.
The girl likes the outfit. And that's great. She's decided that if she was in the situation, she'd keep the outfit and keep doing awesome stuff in it. Yeah, as she says, she doesn't want to be a slave. But if the outfit is one she likes... why not keep it?
You can be badass no matter what you're wearing.
Leia proved that. She was BA in a weird dress-thingy, she was BA in a dancer's outfit.
Peeps can wear what they want while they're adventuring. It's up to them. You can wear a loincloth and coconut bra and still kick ass. Or you can run around wearing a few inches of durasteel and kick ass.
Case and point... [member="Darth Praelior"].

Tefka said:
I would've preferred you shouted repost than that long explanation of why you weren't shouting repost, lol.

Also, it's the first time it's been posted here.

Which begs the question of if it's actually a repost or not.

But yeah, I got it from reddit.

But then again, reddit got it from youtube, the actual source.

So really it's a re-repost.

Or you can just accept that content finds its way to multiple outlets on the internet and just accept it.
tl;dr

Someone got it from somewhere and put it in a more significant place - Here.

Thanks [member="Tefka"]! That was an awesome find! Great share! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom