Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Year Mark... Hit me with your best shot

How the heck has it been so long?
Home-Alone-Kevin-Scream-Run-Away.gif
Anyway, any sort of feedback, critique, whatever, would be appreciated :D Either on me personally, or the characters I have/have had​
<3​

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Does that mean I get to join the Old (Wo)Man club? :p

[member="Cassius Droma"]

So very glad we started, makes me wish we'd found an excuse to sooner good sir!

[member="Kalyn Shif"] - I've been meaning to stick around long enough to write a longer story arc with you. I enjoy your writing style - it pairs well with mine, and we have similar speeds.

I think your skills are generally recognized by the community, and I view you as one of the site's benchmark writers when it comes to writing good, grounded stories. I'll get to our posts eventuuuallly.

[member="Kalyn Shif"]
Ms Lobster, it’s been a pretty wild 5 years, that’s for sure!

On a writer level you’re a lovely person, very nice, easy to talk to, willing to help. I have had no complaints about you personally as far as I can recall, and you’ve always done your best to assist people.

However, since you are asking for feedback I will attempt to be constructive here. The usual caveats apply here that this is just my opinion.

My first point is that because your RL has been rather uncertain at times it means that you are very frequently away on LOA. That’s not your fault, but it does make creating a long time writing partnership or doing threads can be tricky. I know I’ve had several cases where we’ve started a thread, you’ve had something come up and by the time you return it’s not possible to continue.

My second is that your characters seem (at least the ones I’ve seen/interacted with) to be pretty similar. A lot of them rotate between names but seem to be very similar with personalities so it’s hard for me to get a handle on which is which. Further, I feel that your characters tend to be rather ‘mild’, even the ones which are supposed to be evil seem to preserve some of your inherent niceness which undermines their evil schemes.

Technically your writing is good and I have no complaints about the clarity of your prose.

Finally, I’d say that you have the record right now for the most profile name changes for a writer – think you passed the previous record holder at some stage this year. So that’s an achievement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom