Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech 5-O Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
L6Ly7p4.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Vitae Security Forces
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Model: 5-O Armor
  • Modularity: Wrist includes launcher with different modes being selectable.
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Duraplast, armor weave, transparisteel(visor)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multi-Purpose
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Average/High (Armor weave/Plated areas)
    • Kinetic: Low/High (Armor weave/Plated areas)
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Explosive- Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Meant to be mass produced, the 5-0 division armor does allow for minor personalization with four slots along the right forearm and two along the left forearm for a multitude of attachments. While it is easy to add lugs to small objects to attach them to the armor, the basic factory attachments include:
    • Tazer (range 30 ft)
    • Pepper spray
    • Vibroblade
    • Flash Light(UV included)
    • Stun gun
    • Narcotic Tester
    • Breathalyzer
  • Body cam installed in upper chest
  • Computer attached to left arm. Includes emergency beacon, commlink control, and local Law Enforcement Database.
  • Pop-up light on shoulder
  • Face protected by transparisteel
  • Rebreather in facemask
  • Utility Belt for attaching weapons and Law Enforcement utilities.
  • HUD Placed in Face Mask
  • Comlink Activated either by micro-computer, or badge button on chest.
STRENGTHS
  • Lightweight
  • Fully Protective against average caliber slug-throwers when hit on plating.
  • Fully Protective against average sized Blasters when hit on plating.
  • Attachments on forearms
  • Multi-functioning for 5-O Law Enforcement Duties
  • Plating Protects Chest and head from light explosives.
WEAKNESSES
  • Military Grade weaponry is usually strong enough to breach armor after a few shots.
  • No plated shielding on upper arms, shins, or groin.
  • Electric functions can be removed by EMP
  • Armor weave is woven lightly, thus offering only minimal protection from blaster type weaponry, and only slows down small blade type weaponry.
DESCRIPTION
Created for use by the Vitae Security Forces 5-O division, the 5-O armor is only to be used by those specifically authorized by the VSF, or direct employees of the VSF while enacting law enforcement activities. Due to the often dangerous work of law enforcement, duraplast plates were placed on vital areas to protect officers from harm whether it come from a vibro-blade, a blaster, or even a slug thrower on less advanced worlds. Areas of the body that required less protection or simply needed more movement were covered in armor weave so as to offer some minor protection from the dangers of the job. Armor weaved areas are light enough to offer mobility, however they will only defend against the smallest of blasters and small basic blades.

From a technological standpoint, the 5-O armor is meant to offer everything an officer might need on the field, from testing substances for narcotic natures, to pepper spray and tazers to subdue suspects.

Bodycams are also included into the armor but must be turned on to permanently store data. While in inactive, the cameras record everything though only the last thirty seconds of visual(not audio) are stored upon activation.

Tazers come at a standard of 50,000 volts which is potentially enough to temporarily paralyze most creatures, particularly humanoids.

The wrist mounted computer allows as a secondary place to activate the radio within the helmet as well as a way to pull up everything from sector maps to criminal databases.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Vulpesen Vulpesen

Hey there. This is a fairly straight forward sub, so I'm happy to approve once the following has been resolved.
Image Source: imgur.com/a/koCTk (Star Citizen)
Please can you fix this link.
Manufacturer: Vitae Security Forces
And hyperlink the manufacturer's company page here.
Affiliation: VSF 5-O Division
Also needs to be hyperlinked to the corresponding group page, codex submission, etc.
  • Energy: Average - High
  • Kinetic: Average - High,
I think you're going to need to clarify this part of the ratings before we can balance them. I'm assuming you mean the high is on the plating, average elsewhere, but this needs to be specified. In any event, I think you'll be would one rating over balance.
Tazers come at a standard of 50,000 volts which is enough to temporarily paralyze most creatures, particularly humanoids.
Please include the word 'potentially' before the word 'enough'.

Give me a tag once these have been handled and I'll give it another pass.

Both links are fixed.

I decided to make the materials for the 5-O unit before making the Unit themselves as some details of their functionality are still being decided by me. Thus, there is no submission yet.

Specifications added and dropped armor-weave covering on limbs from Average kinetic protection to low.

Word added.

Pass away. Runi Verin Runi Verin

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Vulpesen Vulpesen

In that case, please can you change the affiliation to Closed Market. If needed, you can sub-mod the VSF 5-O Division in once they have been created.

Let me know when this has been done and I'll approve.

Again, nice sub over all.

Done.
By the way, when I first posted this, the image source was being an absolute pain in my tail, not cooperating at all. You told me to fix it and my first thought was, "Impossible." Still I tried... and it decides to cooperate like I've got a metaphorical sniper trained on it... Are you magic?

Runi Verin Runi Verin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom