Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi and welcome to Chaos! :D We are all friendly here, so don't worry about being new to RPing. And about your questions... shoot them at us right away! :) I'm sure most of use would be happy to answer them.

[member="Gravis_Aqua"]

[member="Gravis_Aqua"]

1. To see information about factions, search through this place and you should get your answers. Just search for the major factions (which are on the map) and you'd be fine. Of course minor factions are a good idea, too.
  2. You may do that, but it's not needed. For me, it's really important to have a thread for joining. Most people just handwave, though.
  3. When you create a subaccount, they will be known as 'characters'. More about subaccounts can be found here.

*cracks knuckles*

1) There are way too many factions to give an overview of each one. It's a very common question new members ask, but the best ones to answer it are often in those factions themselves. My advice would be to find one or two on the galaxy map, maybe read one of their faction RPs.
2) Not as a rule, though some factions may want to do an IC intro thread with you. Mostly, it's your call.
3) When you click on your profile page, the top-right of the screen will have a button called "characters." From there, click "create subaccount."

And friggin' sniped, of course.

[member="Gravis_Aqua"]

If you're looking to set up specific interactions, I'd recommend the Roleplay Discussion board. You can set up interactions with other characters there.

You do not need to wait for approval to begin playing your character. As long as they are posted under Character Creation with the proper template, you're good to go. If there are any problems with it someone will let you know.

Welcome to Chaos and as everyone else has said, don't be afraid to ask more questions. :)

EmKay

Gravis_Aqua said:
would u look at that ANOTHER question..
: Er how do you manage to learn a force power? and other such skills
also how do development threads work, like to build stuff (tech&ships)
Force Powers
Learning them is relatively simple*, assuming you get yourself a Master. From there, you simply discuss with him/her what you want to learn and they'll teach you. Roleplay quality and such is usually dependent upon the master, but their job is to help you reach your full potential as both a character and a writer.
*Usually, sometimes... okay, it can be complicated but don't worry about it.

Development Threads
I've only just touched on DevThreadsTM, but they seem easy enough -- especially since you can find templates and tutorials on almost every kind of factory development post. For more information, you can ask a Factory Judge. For the purposes of this thread, I'll tag someone who's already been in here and I know to be nice and helpful*. [member="Fabula Cavataio"], you can explain this better than I can, I'm sure.
*Unless she's been having a bad day.

Oh and I almost forgot my manners. Welcome to Chaos, [member="Gravis_Aqua"]!

Development threads are described in detail in the Factory area and in the Factory rules section at the top of the board. I encourage you to do your own footwork here. Hunting down rules to learn of them encourages you to remember them more clearly. However, there are some things that are not immediately evident about them, so I'll go ahead and go over them here.

- A development thread is an RP thread of quality that is at least ten posts long. Any judge has the right to reject a dev thread if they feel that insufficient effort was put into it.
- Specific materials and technologies, such as stealth and cortosis, are restricted. They require very specific objectives to be met during this dev thread, or else will be subject to rejection. The list can be found in the Factory.
- Dev threads may be placed in the public area under the tag "Dev Thread" or in the private area. This has no effect on the process.

Additionally, please note that copious amounts of already approved tech exists. I would suggest you look through it before creating your own. We get a ton of redundant tech that there is literally no reason for, considering there are dozens of examples of existing tech that does the same thing.

The search function is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom