Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000 Leagues Under Kaeshana

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] , @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Meeting with another business being was always a little odd for Judah. Never did the farmboy turned businessman expect this level of success. First with KRDS and now with the start up and ongoing construction of Sedna Mining Corporation. Or what would be the mining corporation. The undersea facility was being built and a small amount of mining was done daily, testing for new sites and to get a feel for the minerals in the area on Ceto.

Yet today he was on Kaeshana, a planet he had never visited and heard only in passing. Flying over the glittering oceans, it was quite evident why he was here : undersea mining. Maybe. Following the coordinates given, Judah found himself landing at a facility on one of the land masses, powering down the Siren's Song and taking a moment to collect himself. The young salvager wasn't one to go in blind to such things but such was life.

Grabbing the datapad off the control panel, Judah soon emerged from the ship. Glancing around and the beautifully maintained and landscaped grounds, Judah squinted in the sunlight, gaining his bearings in addition to taking in the sights. Seeing no visible entrance from his angle, he starred down the walkway that led to the private landing pad he just touched down on. Bound to take him somewhere.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Waiting for Judah was an elegantly dressed Eldorai. She was dressed in formal business gear, and there were no guards or officials nearby.
“Mr Dashiell?” she asked, extending her hand. “Anya Venari, Princess, but please, just call me Anya,” she said with a smile. She was, in fact, the crown princess of Kaeshana, but worked as Tegaea’s most trusted secretary and confidant.

“Lady Alcori and Lady Kerrigan are nearby. It’s not far.”
Passing through an elegantly manicured garden they came to a large villa overlooking the distant capital of Santaissa.
“Please, go in, I will follow,” Anya said.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

The villa could be described as tastefully opulent, certainly suited to the couple that had conquered most of the Protectorate's territory including the beautiful world of Kaeshana, and provided a good view of the Eldorai capital of Santaissa. From the balcony the massive ziggurat that served as the palace of Queen Silaqui, sister of the until recently exiled Anya, could be made out in the distance, easily the tallest building in Santaissa.

Inside the villa Siobhan was standing. Former Exarch, though her main activity seemed to be death charging, with a reputation for ceiling dropping for totally valid reasons. Rather than her battle armour or her usual casual wear, which often showed a liking for leather, she was dressed in business gear, though she looked a bit awkward in it. One might note that for oversexed Eldorai or blue Twi'lek attendants could not be seen, nor were there guards, but then she did not Need them. She approached Judah and Anya. She gave the elf Princess, a good friend of hers, a nod. "Thanks, Anya," turning her eyes to Judah, extending a hand, her bionic one, though one would not note the difference unless one knew the subtle differences, towards him.

"Siobhan Kerrigan. Welcome to Kaeshana, Mr Dashiell. I hope the trip was pleasant."

@[member="Anya Venari"] , @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The grounds weren't what he expected. A Princess? Judah did his best not to look incredibly embarrassed as he shook the young woman's hand. Didn't proper protocol dictate he should have kissed her hand and grovelled in such a presence? Instead all he could do was offer a small smile in response. Judah was thankful Thessa wasn't here to observe this. He would never hear the end of it.

"Thank you, Pri...Anya..." Struggling not to slip into the formal role, Judah nearly balked at advancing before the woman. Perhaps it was a society in where men were allowed to do such a thing. In his limited experience it was normally the other way around. He was a quasi-guest on the planet however, best to stick to follow the lead of his hosts and the natives. A small trip through the gardens exited the pair at a tasteful yet opulent villa.

Clasping his own hand into the woman who had been waiting for them, Judah felt a bit more at ease. No more royalty to stammer around.

"A pleasure to meet you Miss Kerrigan. My trip was uneventful, just as I prefer it." Releasing the hand of what he assumed was the owner or some type of high up for the company he would be dealing with,Judah gave a short glance around. "Beautiful planet as well as the surroundings. I can see why I was called out here, rather than meeting in some noisy and dirty machinist shop."

It was well that @[member="Judah Dashiell"] had met Anya, who was a fully integrated member of galactic society. To say that normal Eldorai society was sexist was like saying that Tamerlane had a thing for skulls. Eldorai females had considerable legal, political advantages over males, but they had been persuaded at great length to not impose that on outsiders. So on the plus side Judah wouldn't be castrated for looking funny at a female, but on the other Thessa wouldn't get to hear his wonderful soprano....

Regardless, Tegaea rose to her feet and greeted her guest. She still walked with a stick and moved a bit gingerly, still recovering from the injury she had suffered at the hands of a Sith assassin.

"Kaeshana is a beautiful and wild place. Thank you for coming to see us here. Please take a seat. Can I get you some wine? Please do begin when you are ready," she finished politely.

After Kaeshana had joined the Protectorate there had been a brief rise of a 'liberal' movement. They had pursued the peculiar agenda of giving males rights, reducing the power of the monarchy and abolishing the Queen's harem because somehow social progress demanded this. They had even petitioned Siobhan, then still Exarch, about intervening, given her, how shall we put it, close relationship with Silaqui. The Exarch had dismissed their claims. After all, states rights!

"Likewise. I find uneventful is sometimes the best. Better than being a trouble magnet!" Siobhan said warmly in an attempt at self-parody, letting go of Judah's hand. Her gaze flickered over to Tegaea as she rose, a bit concerned and assuring herself she did not need assistance, much as she knew her wife would be loath to admit that, especially in front of a guest and potential business partner! "And, yes, thanks for taking the trip. Firemane is a new and upcoming company and I'm sure we can do business."

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] , @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"No wine, thank you though"

Gaze turned with Miss Kerrigan's to watch the woman slowly stood, looking a bit unsteady to his eye. He motioned for the pair to take a seat and remain as they were. Judah would stand. He found sitting during such things to be even more nerve wracking. At least this way he had the leeway to move in one direction or another. Yet as he stood before the two women, Judah had little idea as to the why he had been summoned.

"I am not sure which of my business ventures you are interested in. There is Kesh-Rimma Droidworks and Salvage. Don't let the name fool you. While automatons are a first priority, small parts and pieces can be made. With our smaller scale we can do custom jobs at a better price and faster rate than the larger competition. "

Pausing slightly, Judah continued with his newest and still in-progress venture.

"Or do you require something from Sedna Mining? Unique in the fact that all mining operation takes place completely under the sea. Many will mine for minerals and ores on the ocean floor, but take it back to the surface for processing. Sedna Mining has an undersea facility in which its all done near the site with only the finished product being transported to the surface. I couldn't help notice that Kaeshana is practically covered in water."

“Kaeshana is unusual because there is indeed only one large continent of any size. However, the sea floor likely has access to large amounts of minerals. The Eldorai are a little…uncomfortable with undersea mining because of their beliefs regarding nature. The seas are seen as the domain of the Goddess Tyth, natural and wild.”

“However, if your surveys find valuable ores we can take this to the Queen. I trust your mining can be done in an environmentally friendly way?” Tegaea asked.

Mining was what was important to them. The Eldorai had a ‘thing’ about droids, and distrusted them more than outsiders.

Kaeshana might be a member of the Protectorate, but it very much abided by its own rules and traditions. Indeed the elves were not totally thrilled with the nation. After all, it was easier to accept being ruled by foreigners as long as it seemed like the empire would adopt absolute enactic succession! In a way this was advantageous for Firemane because the Eldorai were looking for ways to modernise their army and technology without being reliant on Fondor. Interestingly enough...a dream Siobhan had once had while sedated featured an 'Omega Empire' that was...very similar to the Eldorai matriarchy...

"Yes, the elves are very conservative about things like that and are still touchy about what they see as foreigners intruding and the Queen's the High Priestess, so she has to play the part," Siobhan spoke up. "But they appreciate foreign tech and the revenue and we have an...understanding with the Queen! She's more open-minded, especially since they want to modernise their tech." In the sense that Siobhan had been a casual lover and put her on the throne. Much to Siobhan's disappointment the elves had not built a statue for her yet.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"Environmentally friendly wouldn't be an issue. Surveys would be done to find an ore rich area with less silt and go from there. In my own mining ventures I have fitting the mining equipment with high powered vacuums if you will. Mounted near the sea floor to gather the loose silt and materials, pushed through a filter and out the back of the mining vehicle. It would be extremely easy to make a vehicle or equipment for Kaeshana standards. Attach vacuums on both sides, double filtration.Highly doable without much retrofitting."

Pausing, Judah couldn't help but to smile a little. Thessa would have stopped him by now and gave a gentle reminder about going into nerd mode. He preferred to call it passion. Undersea mining had been very exciting thus far for him. Nothing like he had experienced before. In many ways it was like being out amongst the stars.

"If you have an understanding with the Queen I am sure it will be much easier for you. I do have some droid-controlled devices but if Her Highness feels it may be too shocking this operation still leans strongly on sentient backs. Dangerous work requires the skill of a living brain."

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

"That will be of great consolation and relief to the Queen, I'm sure," Tegaea said with a smile. "Have you any ideas where and which minerals might be found? There is a legend about an island of gold that sunk in the distant past, but that is likely more myth than reality. Still, it might bode well for your searches!"

She looked at Siobhan. This business gig was pretty good after all!

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] , @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"I'm afraid I know little about Kaeshana. I could easily bring in the workers who did the surveying for myself. Finding minerals isn't exactly my specialty. However...if there was gold here once, or rumors of gold then I think your chances of finding it even deeper under the sea are great. Who knows whats down there? Its been my personal experience any minerals are going to be a hot seller. Some just command more at the docks than others of course."

"How soon are you and Miss Kerrigan expecting to get this underway? Or is it more of a pet project?"

“The Queen is providing much of the initial capital, and we have a partnership to get things underway. So we would be wanting the surveying at least begun quickly, with a view to starting the mining very soon. As far as the Queen is concerned the sooner the better.”

Tegaea smiled, looked at Siobhan to see if she had anything to add, then back to Judah.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"], @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Being a simple-minded brute Siobhan had little to contribute in matters that did not involve dismembering people or dropping roofs on your own soldiers. Fortunately she had not gotten Tegaea tortured again so perhaps that could be counted as a win. "We might, uh, start in the southern ocean. Water's less deep off the island of Vaenia. Got a lagoon and stories about coral reefs with gems. Course some also say the Goddess Tyth put a big kraken beneath the ocean to eat the impure," she shrugged.

Some slavers had been shot down over the ocean and made it to the island, where the Angelii had accosted them. Eldorai punishments for corsair scum were very creative. Siobhan fully approved. A charming Eldorai marine biologist had also tried to get into her pants. Alas, Lady Kerrigan was trying to be committed for a change. How long that would last was another question since Siobhan had a tendency of breaking every promise she had ever given. One wondered why she was still being kept around.

Nodding, Judah took in the information. Southern seas, shallower water. He was not concerned about a mythical kraken. Sounded like tales found on all backwater planets and if anyone was familiar with backwater it was him. Shifting slightly on his feet, the young man mentally calculated flight times and ability to map the seas for the two ladies. He used his own experience with the deep-sea mapping in his own business.

"I can have that crew here within two days, mapping would begin immediately. That would probably take them between three and seven days to deliver a report and let you decide where to start. The crew will also be able to give location sites for underwater mining facilities should the Queen and yourself decide to make it a permanent installation and venture."

The meeting seemed to be winding down. Doubtless things were leading to a friendly handshake and then a parting of ways.

However, despite how much she liked being out of the trouble and strife of government Tegaea wasn’t ready to settle just yet.

“Would you like to see the area?” Tegaea asked. “We can do a flyover of that area if you’d like, or we can take you on a tour of Santaissa,” she said politely.

"It would be a pleasure to see the area. " Judah found himself at a small loss. He wasn't expecting today to go so well. Most people have him an odd look when he mentioned undersea mining. Yet Miss Alcori had mentioned the Queen and her deposition. There would be the hard fought battle to convince someone. Perhaps once he arrived back on Ceto he would modify a piece of his own equipment with the changes he had spoke of earlier. A type of goodwill offering to prove his salt.

"Beautiful home and landscape. Reminds me a refined version of the island I live on. Nothing has been better, living by the sea. Not like a have much a choice considering." Considering Thessa. It would be cruel to take her away from the water. The mermaid had enough of that in her younger years. "Speaking of, if you would like to see how I operate, I invite both of you ladies and your queen to tour my facilities on Ceto in the very near future."

For her part, while things were going so remarkably well and business was being handled amicably, Siobhan was feeling craving for a smoke. She had been trying to quit. Emphasis on trying. Ah, well, she could last a bit longer without one. The whole trying to be somewhat respectable thing was a bit of a chore.

"Thanks. It's a beautiful world. Always wanted to live by the ocean, way back home the sea was a polluted mess," Siobhan spoke warmly. In a way it had been their dream. Get away from politics and the burdens of government, a beachhouse by the water. Idyllic really. If not for the fact that it had come about because due to Siobhan Tegaea had gotten tortured and been forced to resign. "And always wanted to see Kaeshana."

And, beyond the guilt and self-loathing issues, the fact that Siobhan felt superfluous. The business would run perfectly smoothly without her, hence no actual position in it. But she kept quiet about that behind a warm and hopefully polite exterior. "Thanks for your offer. We'd be happy to visit and get a look at them. We'll pass it on to Queen Silaqui when we see her." Admittedly she was a bit sceptical about Silaqui accepting...she was as interested in technical stuff as Siobhan was in paperwork, but it seemed the polite thing to say.

As for the flyover over the elf planet, nothing could go wrong. Nothing at all. Except dragons or Dashdae Sciians showing up. Perhaps the infamous killer Ewoks as well.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

“I think the Queen has some reigning to do, but we would certainly like to come and tour your facility,” Tegaea said with a smile. “And the Princess Anya can come along too to make sure there are no objections from the royals here.”

Tegaea got heavily to her feet again and headed for the door, leaning on a stick. “Come, I’ll have our transport readied. We’ll do a fly-over Santaissa, then headed down to the south and show you the area you’ll be prospecting. And then, when you get back, we’ll show you how Eldorai cook. It’s very good.”
She withheld the offer of Eldorai girls for Judah’s recreational use. Most humans looked a bit askance if offered scantily clad space-elves. Most of them.

The ship was a modern atmospheric transport, able to hover and travel at great speed, making it perfect for this sort of expedition. Tegaea welcome them aboard, but it would be Princess Anya who’d be flying the ship.

"I am sure as long as we have a royal observe things will progress smoothly. I look forward to your visit on Ceto in the neat future as well."

Boarding, Judah looked about the ship. He was still a mechanical guy at heart. The vessel was very sleek and modern yet with a mild organic appeal. This seemed the trend on the planet as well with Eldorai. Judah was in the business of making utilitarian equipment and well...it looked utilitarian. Mental notes were being made just in case he would have to tweak some things for the royals. Taking his seat, the young man was thankful for the lack of scantily clad elf-women.

"Eloradi cook very differently? I am still trying to master Galan cooking. Its extremely difficult considering my background."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom