Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff 10 Years Of Chaos | Merry Christmas

Leaving the mischief at the door for this one, just putting thoughts on paper and full sending.

Never really thought we'd get this far.

Never had people in the pocket, a group to start out with, friends supporting me. Just an angsty teenager with a penchant for drama and technology, and a love for Star Wars and the game. Late nights role-playing. Tired af going to run paper routes, taking care of a sick mother, running every morning with high anxiety that I was soon to ship off to the military and all that would entail. Video games passed the time, but escapism, fiction, writing, the drama - that's what kept me fueled. They moving on Coruscant? Muster the boys. The Sith are regrouping in the Rim? Send the flares. DM this guy at 2 am to plot an alliance, DM that girl that no I'm not interested in smut I just like flaming swords and magic. My fears and failures in my day to day manifested in beast mode on the forums.

Then, a series of unfortunate events led here. Nobody in the pocket, no group to rely on, no friends reinforcing my mentality with "you can do it". There wasn't much room for even doubt, we came from nothingness. Permeated in a void until our own proverbial big bang. "I thought forum roleplay was dying", "I've never seen a forum grow that fast". You can scroll back, see us talking about how crazy it got in Announcements and how we tried to deal with that. Valiens has a funny one how we got six thousand posts in our opening week in six days, and how it was just completely unexpected and everyone - me, us, you, were just flabbergasted at what was becoming of Chaos. There was no plan, no ultimate secret ingredient, just a gathering of the masses realizing how hungry we all were.

And it all started with one hungry dude in a void, sending up a flare and soon realizing he wasn't as alone as he thought.

Like many of you, I'm starting my holiday weekend soon. I'll be seeing friends, family, 3 little nieces and nephews. I'm very blessed, but I wasn't always. If this announcement finds you in a similar position, like I was a decade ago, I hope you can find some solace in the idea that you're not as alone as you feel. That even as fake as the internet can feel some days, as disconnected as people can be, real is real. And it can manifest itself in the strangest of ways. For the rest of you, happy holidays! Merry Christmas. This is our tenth, as a community writing B-level fan-fiction. Make what you can of it, and look to your neighbor. You don't have to be their friend, their crutch, post faction announcements that you love them and you stan for the big moral values you think the internet desires. Don't miss the trees for the forest. You can look to your neighbor and just be real.

"Hey man, Merry Christmas. If you're alone, hit me up on Discord, holler at your boy."

Take care of each other.

"This is for the kids feeling like they live at the bottom
And every day of they lives, feels like it's darker than Halloween!
Yeah, you ain't alone out there, look around you
We got a lot of fans in here

Couple hundred thousand, that's what we did last year."
-NF, Outro​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom