Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@Kaine Zambrano

CONTRUUM

In the local cantina, Circe drank. Heavily. She would've had Cirrhosis of the liver if she had one. but she doesn't, since she's a plant. A soft sigh crossed her lips as she continued to drink. At least no one claimed this planet.

Not yet, anyways. Hopefully, the attitude would get more cheery soon.

A cloaked woman entered the bar, bound completely in concealing leather with a tattered cloak slung around her shoulders. The hood concealed her face from all who would look upon it, but no one spared her a second glance as she sat down next to the Vinithi smashing down drinks like there was no tomorrow. She said no words, and hardly even looked at her for a moment before turning to her and reached out to brush her with the force. A voice resonated in her mind, heard by no one else except her, and it was a stark contrast to what Circe would see. "So this is how far you have fallen, drowning away your sorrows in some tavern? I thought you better than this, Circe." The voice was distinct, so dark and booming that it could only belong to one person...

The former Emperor of the now defunct Sith Empire.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"You getting captured and abandoning everything wasn't exactly helpful." She sighed, turning to the disguised former Emperor. "I'm here because of the pain. Pain I know you witnessed." She growled. "Not to mention losing everything to the Sith Empire's collapse, and to the Fringe. The next time I see Rave Merrill, I'm ripping her throat out, swear to the gods." This was a bar, and no one else was here who actually cared.

"Well, what brings you out to this worthless little planet?"

@[member="Darth Vornskr"]

"You." He said in a matter-of-fact tone, "I came to this world because of you, Circe Savan. You were right, I was there during your duel and subsequent defeat and humiliation at the hands of Rave Merrill. I was there when that Sekairo woman died for you, although she was a fool to earn the wrath of Ashin Varanin and Spencer Jacobs. There are not many who can go toe to toe with either and come out alive, myself included in that short list." He laid his hands flat on the table, spreading his fingers out evenly as if he was actually laying down a deal on the table. "I did not forget your previous devotion to me, Circe. I think it is time I repaid you for it, and thus why I have come to seek out a renewed alliance between you and I."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"You repaid me for it?" She coughed. "I didn't know Sith actually chose to repay devotion to their previous servants." She drowned another class. "You do know I can't get drunk, right?" A soft smirk came on her face for the fraction of a second before it dissipated. "That's not the way Sith do it. That's not the way you most of all do it. You'd never come to me and offer to repay me for the time I spent serving you, ignored while you praised your big-boobed cybernetic Zeltron and the black-lipsticked one, leaving me in the corner of the room, abandoned."

Turning back, she downed another drink. "So what you actually want from me?"

He laughed, "I told you what I want from you, Circe. You have connections I could never have, and you think differently than I do. You're more empathetic towards others, and which is why I need you now more than ever. You are an important asset to me." He interlocked his fingers and clasped his hands together while he stared out from under his hood, his emerald eyes blazing in the darkness. "Join with me, Circe Savan, and together we can achieve everything we have ever desired."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Tell me more." She said, releasing one of her hands to get another drink. "I want to hear everything about this plan before I step into it. Only once I know precisely what you're doing will I be able to commit." She stared at him, her own emerald orbs glistening brighter than his. "Besides, this relationship will be solely platonic. I have a wife and two kids, and your scorn from our last attempt to start a relationship has not been forgotten."

"Besides... what do you offer me?"

"My, my. I didn't know you for a family woman, Circe." He said jokingly before continuing, "Chaos, Circe. I intend to sew chaos throughout the galaxy, to destroy the Republic, the Protectorate, and any who would stand before the Sith. We may have gone into hiding, but our numbers are still strong, and I have my own schemes and goals. I need someone I can trust, and I'm sure I can trust you, Circe." He extended his hand out for Circe to shake, "Shake on it?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Sighing, Circe gave a soft smile,taking her hand and locking it with Kaine's own. "Deal. And I became a family woman because of you." She smiled. "So, now what do we do? Care to try and outdrink me? I'll bet you won't." A soft chuckle ran down her throat as she reminisced for a bit over her time with Kaine. They had good times together, and occasionally, she missed the fun she'd had with him.

At least somewhat, that was.

"I think you'd win that, from what I recall Vinithi didn't have livers. It'd be an unfair bout..." He said with a chuckle, relaxing back in the booth he was sitting in, still quite in his female illusion form. "I do not have much time here, there is much I still have to do.... and so little time... I can only stay for a few moments longer before I must leave you, but I will seek you out again when I need you."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Very well..." She paused, giving a soft sigh. "So, anything else you want to talk about? With the Empire gone, I'm guessing you and your henchmen are doing some sort of One Sith dealio, where you'll hide in the shadows, build up, and eventually come out fighting, 137ABY style. Not really that original of an idea... but I expect better of you." She gave a large smirk. "So... What should we do for these last few minutes? Can I buy you a drink?"

She hoped that damn IBIS wasn't watching.

Kaine shrugged, "Buy me a drink if you wish. I haven't had a good drink in a long time, so something to wet my whistle wouldn't go unappreciated. But with my little time left we could have a little chat... So, you have a family do you? I heard those held people back and weigh them down. I hope that doesn't cloud your better judgement when working with me, Circe."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Eh, someone has to produce the next generation of Darksiders. My other's a real animal in bed, a lot like you, actually... And my son and daughter... Well, my son still has a mother, at least. Poor Ven..." She sighed, frustrated that her lover had been killed defending her body. "At least now she can rest in peace. No worries about being reanimated as an undead." She gave a soft chuckle, ordering Kaine a drink of his choice.

"You make a hot woman, you know."

"I fear the next generation of Darksiders is doomed then." He said with a dark chuckle as he wrapped his fingers around the mug of dark beer Circe had bought for him, and took a good long drink from it before sitting it down. Wasn't exactly the fine wine Kaine was used to, but it was refreshing. "Do I now? Better watch my back before you decide to impregnate me."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well, turning Ven into a Reborn by using Artusian crystals and the power of Malachor V's Dark Side Nexus was sort of wasted by doing that. Perhaps if Ashin and Spencer had paid attention, they would've seen her capabilities as a Reborn and be willing to train her. She was just trying to get to a position where she could defend her employer. Poor girl..." She frowned, thinking about how her ashes had been placed in a vase, feeling Ven's spirit tug at her.

"Impregnate you? You're a woman in illusion, not in reality."

Kaine waved his hand dismissively, "Please... I was there when that Sekairo girl was slain by Varanin. Such a pathetic display, the girl was absolutely worthless, Circe. I have no idea what you see in aligning yourself with vagabonds such as them, when you could of made true allies with those worthy enough. That Sekairo brat deserved death for crossing one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy, and you are a fool to mourn the death of a fool." He said with a disgusted snarl before drowning his dark beer in one go. "Learn not to weaken yourself by having those imbeciles drag you down."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"She had one thing I know the majority of Sith lack." Circe ordered herself a dark beer, quickly downing the drink. "Absolute loyalty. I could place my full trust in her, knowing that there was a zero percent chance she would betray me and attempt to destroy my assets or my person. People that are absolutely loyal to you can make up for their other faults. Compassion is, oddly enough, a key asset to gain loyalty."

She paused, looking him over. "Anaya was an example of this. She was and is a powerful Sith, capable of performing all sorts of dark magics. And you considered her loyal to you during the time you two were partners. But she betrayed you and stabbed you in the back, despite the fact that you believed she would never do such a thing. I won't, but I'm not too sure about the others you consider to be 'loyal allies.'"

She smiled. "Just consider it. It worked for me, after all."

"Loyalty through might and vision is the true Sith way, Circe. Compassion is for the weak, and you are a fool to delude yourself into believing otherwise." Even though Circe could not see Kaine's face, there would be no doubt that it was twisted in a horrible frown at the mention of Anaya. "You know nothing, Circe Savan. I knew full well that Anaya might betray me, it is the Sith way, but I was unprepared at the timing of the betrayal, and why she betrayed me. That was the past, and I do not dwell on the past, not anymore. I have a new purpose, and that is all I care about. Your compassion will only destroy you."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Then you expect me to betray you." She paused, pondering the thought of consistent suspicion. "Loyalty through might is not loyalty at all. If people merely are loyal to you for as long as you have power, and they fear you due to that power, then when you lose it, as all of us are destined to do eventually, they will abandon you and dispose of you. No second chances, no opportunity to regain your power and crush those who betrayed you. No chance at immortality. Nothing. You will, as all ancients eventually are, be forgotten. No one knows the names of the Celestials, or of the Rakata. Neither do you or I know of the first person to create a working starship, or the first shaman to successfully use the Force. All important men and women in history, but no one knows of their name. And one day, you and I will be relegated to history."

Pausing, she moved a hand to take Kaine's own. "Kaine... I'll admit it. I care about you. Greatly. I've always viewed you as more than an ally or a confidante. And had I never found the partner of my dreams, I would likely still be there, trying to woo you. I just want you to understand how much different the world is from how the Sith ideology claims it to be. Sincerity can be as much a weapon as a full-out assault. You can make yourself the victim, gain sympathy. Or you can forge lasting alliances that won't inevitably deteriorate. Such subtle manipulation requires more than a declaration of intended terror."

She then pulled back again. "A new purpose? Really? Please, do tell. I'm... quite interested in what you intend to do now that your former Empire comprises naught but ash and ruin. Assuming it has something to do with what you wish for me to help you on, I'm admittedly somewhat curious."

Kaine scoffed, "Do not lecture me on the ways of betrayal, I've felt and dealt the icy blade of betrayal more than once. I do not need petty things like compassion or sympathy to control people, I have the power of my mind, and there are plenty of weak willed to manipulate." He huffed slightly, but quieted down after a few moments. "I cannot tell you much, Circe. Just know that I have seen the true darkness of this galaxy, and I have a new vision... You can play a part of this vision, but I cannot tell you anything else."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom