Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zevasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSA1811BKS_2_l.jpg

Image Source: Image is the Darksword Armoury Black Prince Dagger. Image is hosted on Kult of Athena.
Intent: To create a small, easy to use weapon for a certain doctor in Vain Hollow.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Nisha Skaiyr
Model: Zevasa
Affiliation: [member="Irajah Ven"]
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Alchemized Phrik, Ironwood, Tu'kata Leather
Classification: Dagger
Size: One-Handed
Length: 44.8cm Total Length (30.5cm Blade)
Weight: .7kg

Special Features:
  • Lightweight and Agile
  • Is essentially a tiny Sith Sword
  • Aesthetically Pleasant
Strengths:
  • Weapon of the Sith - Like its bigger, beefier cousins, this dagger is nearly indestructible and has an edge that never dulls. Not to mention the fact that it can absorb and release Force Lightning. As well, like any Sith Weapon, Zevasa allows for finer control and focusing of the wielder's own Dark Side power.
Neutral Traits:
  • Darkling's Dagger - Being an object imbued with the Dark Side of the Force, Zevasa has a corrupting effect on those who wield it. The effect varies from person to person, manifesting as anything from a minor nudge towards the Dark Side to full blown personality changes whilst the weapon is used. The severity of this effect depends on both strength of will and Force alignment; those possessed of an iron will are less likely to experience dramatic corruption, and those who already embrace their Darkness may not notice any changes at all.
Weaknesses:
  • Size Matters - Lightweight, agile, dexterous...and completely unsuitable for anything but self defense and assassination. In a full-on battle, reach is king, and unless one is significantly more skilled than their opponent (or in possession of a shield), the person with the longer reach typically wins. Zevasa requires you to get up close and personal, even more so than most melee weapons. As well, due to the lack of mass, and general shape of the blade, Zevasa has below average cutting capacity for a Sith weapon. It's more suited for thrusting and piercing armor, which it does, admittedly, with exceptional ease.
Description: When they met, the first thing that Nisha Skaiyr told Irajah, doctor of the First Order and resident of Vain Hollow, was that she was too vulnerable. Irajah brushed her warnings off, insisting that she was, indeed, not at all vulnerable and entirely safe. Whilst not convinced, Nisha had managed to push those worries to the back of her mind. At least, until Irajah was kidnapped by [member="Vrak Nashar"], a pureblood Sith who required her services for...some reason or another. Nisha was not entirely sure of the specifics, but she was sure of one thing; Irajah needed a way to protect herself. To that end, the War-Witch has crafted her latest weapon; Zevasa, a small dagger forged of alchemized Phrik and imbued with the power of the Dark Side. A Sith Sword, in miniature.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Nisha Skaiyr"] - preternatural sharpness is a proponent of Force Imbued blades, and even then is not quite an equal to lightsabers on the 'stock version' as it were. Sith Swords never dull, when sharpened with svolten rhyolite, but does not change sharpness or cutting ability. The wookie references them as equal to a lighsaber, but I can't remember any canon examples, nor does the 'Book of Sith' bit on Alchemy list it, so I'm going to go with that being an inaccuracy... It is a wiki, after all.

If you want that sort of ability, it's going to require some dev to cut as well as a lightsaber. There are, however, several other canon powers of a Sith Sword/Blade you could add to this without dev to offset the cutting ability. Reflecting blaster bolts, sith lightning, etc..

As well, the actual dagger produced by DSA for this is 1.2lbs roughly, and you have this at .9 lbs... Sith Alchemy makes things heavier by nature so I'd say pick a weight between roughly .70 - 1kg (1.5-2lbs) would be acceptable. I'd encourage the heavier end, since you are an Acolyte and likely just starting in Alchemy.

Tag me if you have any questions on edits!

Nisha Skaiyr

N
[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Hi! And thanks for the input. I would like to point out, however, that both of my previous Sith swords, Mocelsa ai Maras and Kahre Narsa, were both preternaturally sharp - comparable but not equal to a lightsaber - and this was allowed without issue. I'd link both, but I am on my phone, and they can be found in my signature. As well, I'll edit the weight, but once again, the previous two swords were, due to the phrik used in their construction, equivalent to their weight in the real world.

[member="Nisha Skaiyr"] - Different judges can judge differently. I apologize those subs were done wrong, we are working on helping everyone understand Sith Alchemy better, but Canon is Canon. The suggested edits will need to be made or I will be denying this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom