Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Zealots, Martyrs, and False Prophets

Kai didn’t speak like one wholly convinced of either side. He admitted to having thoughts of putting people out of their misery, but thoughts were fleeting and easily influenced by emotion. He’d had similar moments in the past where he thought about taking his own life. Didn’t mean he’d ever actually tried to kill himself.

Still, the frustration and the desire to stop evildoers for good was there. The seed had been planted. What would come of it remained to be seen.

"That's... your call to make, Kai."

Kai wasn’t entirely convinced that he was being genuine. He could practically taste the words left unsaid, though Alicio was so clearly tired and resigned that he might have said yes to anything at that point. Kai could believe he would rather leave the choice of life or death up to his bodyguard, if he could help it, but that wouldn’t absolve the Count from a sense of personal guilt. It certainly wouldn’t feel good, letting others take the blame for stuff he could’ve prevented, had he simply stepped in and done something about it…

"I... I can't stop it. Looking... ahead."

…especially not when he had potent precognitive powers.

<Do you want to stop it?> Kai asked.

Alicio blinked at Kai, a little confused.

<Do you want to stop it?>

Ever since he'd pulled the trigger... he'd been seeing the world in double, one vision just moments ahead of the other. Everything was twofold, the Future layered over the Present, each conflicting with the other, until what was happening, and what was about to happen meshed into one, and Alicio could hardly tell was was real, and what was going to be real.

The strangest part? It was easy. There was no effort on the Count's part to do it. Instead, it was the opposite; the more he tried to still his mind, stop thinking, the worse it became, fractaling into two, three, four potential futures.

Alicio closed his eyes, as if to block out the intrusive visions. "What do you mean, stop it?"

- Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri -

Last edited:
<Those visions you have, showing you the future—is that what it is?> While the Count’s eyes were shut, Kai took a slow step or two toward him. <If you’re seeing it all the time, that sounds pretty uncomfortable. Probably not good for your sanity, either.>

Kai sounded concerned… and earnest. Clearly he wanted to help, to be of use, but that wasn’t the only thing motivating him. He was afraid that someday Alicio might catch a glimpse of Kai's destiny and not like what he saw. Kai had been kicked to the curb one too many times to not fear rejection, even from those who had been nice to him. Especially the nice ones.

And then there was the old itch, the hunger. It had stayed quiet since he reclaimed this body, but Kai knew it was only a matter of time before it reared its ugly head again. At least in this case it would be used to relieve the suffering of a friend. If Alicio didn’t want to be plagued by prophecies at every turn, he’d eat the damned visions for him. Devour the future right out the gate, before he even had a chance to see what lay ahead.

<Do you want me to stop it?> he asked. There was no need to explain how. He suspected Alicio already knew. Or rather, he had already seen what would happen if he accepted the offer.

<Those visions you have, showing you the future—is that what it is?>

Alicio nodded solemnly, his eyes still closed. He made the chilly realization that the longer his eyes were closed, the more his visions invaded his other senses. Kai's multiplicitous voices asked him the same question over and over.

<Do you want me to stop it?>

Alicio really considered it. Even opened his eyes to regard the few Kai's he saw. It sounded so easy. He could... end it now. Make this one trouble go away.

But still, he shook his head.

"I wish it were that easy," he said, with the tone of prophecy in his voice. "I don't know why it's happening, why it's happening now, but until I know, I'd rather carry that weight... myself."

"I... I don't want to talk about it."
The more they focused on Alicio, rather than the lives that were lost because of him, the more guilty he felt. He turned away, disguising his expression with a hand.
"I-I'm sorry."

- Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri -

It was the gesture of his hand covering his face that seemed like more of a dismissal than Alicio’s words. The man wanted to be left alone. Kai hesitated, then took a step back which gradually became a full retreat to the other end of the room.

‘Fresher is down here on the left,” he said, speaking out loud. “And there’s a crew bunk on the right if you want to rest.

Not that the trip from Alderaan to Coruscant would take all that long, but still. Kai cast one final glance at Alicio before disappearing back into the cockpit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom