Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3643962-elder+ent+3+by+moonxels.jpg
Name: Zargon​
Designation: Sentient​
Language: Gondul, Basic​
Average height of adults: 6.5 meters​
Skin color: Silvery, brownish, grayish​
Hair color: None​
Breathes: Type I atmosphere, oxygen​
Strengths: They have great physical strength.​
They prefer peace over war.​
They have extensive memory, and are very good at finance.​
Weaknesses: They often think very slowly.​
They take a long time to make decisions, which can lead to setbacks during a period of war.​
Distinctions: Sometime they are mistaken as the trees they care for, with thick rough skin, many fingers and toes, and leafy "beards" and "hair".​
Average Lifespan: 1,500 standard years.​
Races: None.​
Estimated Population: They are only found on their homeworld, and their population has never exceeded 20,000.​
Diet: Their diet consists of fruits, and mineral enriched water, some meat, and the few vegetables that grow on their planet, are poisonous to them.​
Communication: Through face-to-face speech, or guttural calls for speaking over a longer range.​
Culture: Zargon are tribal, with a patriarch, usually the wisest, in charge of each family group. The Zargon prefer a more Republic style government, which the whole population will participate in 8 times a year. The Zargon have a great love for most growing things, especially trees. If trees need to be cleared, it is done with absolute serenity, and as if one of their own had died. If anyone clears trees without a clear purpose, the punishment is often banishment, or even death. If a foreigner does such an act, but escapes, the Zargon will often hire transportation, and hunt down the offender, which always results in death.​
Technology level: There is practically no technology, except for imported agricultural equipment.​
General behavior: Zargon are easy going, slow, and usually quiet. When angered, they are deadly, and little can make them pause.​
History: The origin of the Zargon is unknown. Some say they were once trees themselves, some say they grow like trees, and when of a certain age, they rise from the ground, others say they arrived from another galaxy. For thousands of years they were relatively peaceful, until the Great Divide. The Great Divide, occurred around 24,000 BBY when there was a split between the Younger and Elder Zargon over society. The Elders, being a minority, left for the more mountainous and remote regions on the northern part of their homeworld. For 2,000 years there was enmity between the groups, but that appeased, and they lived relative peace since, though occasionally the Elders would be mocked, which would quickly lead to mass devastation due to the enormous retaliation the Elders would cause.​

According to a legend, one of the original elders in the Great Divide around 24,000 BBY, is still alive to this day. The Younger deny this, but many Elders, and even some of the Younger have claimed to see a giant ancient Fangorn striding the deepest of the mountain forests. The Zargon is claimed to be over 8 meters tall, and is called the Hry'shi'raver'onmo'taly'rom'va'n, or the Old One.​
This claim has still never been resolved.

Notable Player-Characters: Yamar Fantorgin​
Intent: This species has been designed to be unique, showing the power of Nature become sentient, the ideal of a serene nature despite size. This species will champion conduct commerce on all levels in the galactic northern unknown regions. And, a sobering reminder, that even an ancient creation of nature, can be deadly.​

[member="Yamar Fantorgin"]
OK, I'm going to put in a request before I give it over to a Codex Judge.

There is a fine line between adapting or giving homage to an idea and outright ripping it off.

The idea in basic is fine, but I want you to change up especially the names and other details to make them...not Ents.

Do that for me and I'll assign a judge to this and we can be on our merry way.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] Okay, I've changed some stuff. If you have any further suggestions, do tell. I had kept this in mind, that's why I chose a pic that usually isn't associated with Ents.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Yamar Fantorgin"]

Alright so there's some things that need to be cleared up here:
  • First can you return the alignment of the profile to "Align Left", it makes some of it easier to read.
  • Language: Just list the native tongue here, you only have to mention other languages if they are incapable of speaking other ones such as basic.
  • Strengths/Weaknesses: First off because these are a tree species essentially based off ents there's some things I need you to clear up for me here.
    Strength: I need you to elaborate on how strong they are, tell me what the scope of this strength is[For example are they as strong as rancors, but not stronger than krayt dragons?] something so I know what its limits are.
  • Pacifists: Why would preferring peace over war be considered a strength? I would think that might be considered a weakness.
  • Memory: Why would an exceptional memory make them good at finance? These are a race of tree people their society isn't exactly a normal one.
  • Thinking Slowly & Making Slow Decisions: Under weaknesses you list they think slowly and also that they take a long time to make decisions. These are essentially the same thing as one another. If they are different please elaborate how they are different here.
  • Addition: Due to the fact that these are tree peoples it's an implied strength of their hard bark hide, so I'm going to need you to list that down as a strength and give me an armor rating based off of the Armor Template located in the Factory here.
  • Additionally I'm going to need you to add in another weakness to counteract the hide, I would suggest fire. Slow would be another one as well since a species of this size and mass isn't going to be very fast.

[*]History: For the history I'm going to need you to put down the species experience through the 400 Year Darkness, Gulag Plague, and Netherworld Event. You can find information about these Chaos canon historical events through the holonet tab at the top of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom