Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Zahati'i

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt]Images:[/SIZE]
mr309_ownaulxd.jpg

(the image is taken from here)
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Name:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Zahati’i (or simply Zahatii)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Designation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Sentient[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Homeworld: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Zahat’n’ira[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Language:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Zahati’ and Galactic Basic Standard[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Average height of adults:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt] 180-220 cm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Skin color:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Light orange, blue, human skin colours (Nihici’t); white, light brown (Taoro’om)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Hair color: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Brown (both Nihici’t and Taoro’om), blue (Nihici’t)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Breathes:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Type I [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Force[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]-sensitivity: Zahatii are extremely Force-sensitive and their percentage of Force-users is many times higher compared to most of the other species.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Nature loving[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Zahatii really care about nature and they try to prevent all toxication, rubbish or anything else on their lands. They plant many plants in a year.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Healthy[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Because of their nature-loving personality, Zahatii are also very healthy. They have a very strict system about the things they can eat and when they can eat. They also work out very often.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Clumsiness: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Zahatii are very clumsy, especially the species of the Taoro’om race. It is not scientifically proven yet, why.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Breathing problems:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Because of their well kept planet’s oxygen level, Zahatii might have problems living in places with lower oxygen level.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Technological disadvantages:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Zahatii have almost no technology (compared to the rest of the Galaxy). While they have a few speeders, blasters and ships, they can’t use them nor repair them.[/SIZE]
  • The Gulag Virus: Since it's not known whether the Gulag Virus is actually gone or not, there is a chance that Zahatii could get infected.

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Distinctions:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Because their species is divided into two main races, they should be talked about independently. The Nihici’t race (or elven race) species are typically a bit taller than two metres, their body colours can be blue, light orange or humanish, depending on the location they live at. While different smaller races also appear in the Nihici’t species, they are mostly similar to each other. The most populous race of Nihici’t also has horns, which makes them more similar to the Taoro’om race. Meanwhile the Taoro’om race species have a bit more flesh on their bones and they are usually about two metres tall. They have horns (and they are a bit cow-like).
The two races might seem a bit different from each other, but they actually have the same types of genes. The Taoro’om race is actually a mutation which has become so populous, that it’s now considered as a different race. In every Nihici’t, there is a bit of the Taoro’om gene and vice versa. Sometimes it might happen, that a Taoro’om woman and man might get a Nihici’t children or vice versa, which is completely natural.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Average Lifespan:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]80[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Races: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Taoro’om and Nihici’t[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Diet:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]The typical food Zahatii eat is Bantha meat. There are many Banthas on their planet, so it’s the most popular kind of meat. They also eat sheep, pig and llama meat, camel and chitlik meats are poisonous for them. They can’t eat fish, reptiles, insects and birds. Zahatii also eat lots of different kind of plants, fruits, berries. They can’t drink alcohol or any soda-like drinks because of their lack of these drinks on their homeplanet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Communication:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Zahatii typically speak with each other verbally, but they have also developed an alphabet (which is hard to learn by many other species). Their actual pronunciation is also very hard to learn. In written text, one sign means one letter (or sometimes half of a letter), never more. On the first look, the alphabet looks a bit like Galactic Basic Standard, but when examined more carefully, one would find, that many letters are actually in completely different locations in the alphabet and that many of them are actually pronounced differently. In the written language, signs are very curvy and might look a bit like long lines with dots and little crosses. Zahatii tend to use the letter "h" a lot in their words and they also use apostrophes in almos every word. Their grammar is harder than Galactic Basic Standard's. They have grammatical genders, emotions and even ages, which are unique to their language. Grammatical emotions are used when trying to stress the current emotion or the emotion that the sentence should show out. Ages determine the age of the person who is speaken about and sometimes they show the age of the word. In the verbal communication, people talk very fast and all words blend into one huge mass of letters which might not be understandable to a foreigner. The hardest letter to pronounce is the letter "z" which is used very often in the language. They use their whole mouth to pronounce the letter and it might sound very strange to a foreigner.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Culture: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]Every tribe has their own culture, but many tribes celebrate the birthday of Xalahad-en the Great. They are also similar because of their rituals which they perform on the nights of the harvest season. Both genders are equal on the planet and there are no only-male or only-female jobs. Music is very honoured and the same is with art. They believe that everyone who can make music or can do art is an ambassador sent to the living by the Force. Every tribe there believes in the Force and it’s even more important than people’s own lives. They have their own Force training organizations, but instead of three ranks, they have six and some tribes have even more, but all of their ranks could be put together to form a system with three ranks.
The planet’s natives’ view at the Force is similar to the Living Force, but there are many differences. The biggest difference might be the fact, that they don’t call it “The Force”. They know it by the name “Mother Nature”, because they believe the Force is the nature. They have learned to use the Force to bend nature. Similar to the Shapers of Kro Var, they have learned to use it to control elements. The highest-ranking users of Mother Nature are almost powerful enough to control the weather. The key word is “almost”. They also believe the Force shouldn’t be used for fighting. They believe it is a gift by the Mother Nature. Because of that, they don’t look at the Force as a Light Side or as a Dark Side, but they see it as a green-brown pattern that flows through people. They believe the people who are Darksiders for the majority are just lost, that they have stepped out of the river and have to come back.

The society in the tribes is different. On the southern hemisphere tribes, people are divided into three ranks. The most honoured rank is the Druid (D’ihi’n) rank. The people who have this rank are the highest-ranking members of the tribe. Because they can use the Force, they often do the hardest jobs or simply act as the chiefs of the tribe. The second rank is the Blessed (H’hit’n) rank. The people who have this rank are the middle-ranking members of the tribe. They can’t use the Force, but they are considered as people who can almost use it. Only people who are born at night can have this rank, because night is a very special time there. The third rank is the Normal (Fuhuhu’n) rank. The people who have this are just normal people. They do normal jobs.

But on the northern hemisphere, these ranks don’t exist. Everyone there is equal and that’s why everyone does normal jobs. Their gender, race, (age) and Force-sensitivity don’t matter. The tribes have elected a tribe leader there who is called “chief”. On both hemispheres, chiefs have to do the same things. On every winter, they have to plan the planting season’s goals, they have to supervise the military and Force training, act as a justice and do many other things.

The daily life in the tribes is simple and it’s determined by the current season. On winter days, people just stay inside or hang out with other people. Since there’s not much to do outside, many people meditate and pray towards the altars of Mother Nature. Hunters have to go hunting every day.

On the planting season, people wake up really early to start planting. Everyone in the family has to do the job (obviously excluding ill and pregnant people and too young children (and their mothers)), because by the end of the season, every family has to fulfill their goal. There’s not much time to do other things this season, so they spend the rest of their time meditating or learning Mother Nature. Hunters have to go hunting every day.

On the harvest season, people have more free time. They play outside, hang out and do basically whatever they want again. In the middle of the season, plants should start ripening, which means, that people will have to start working again. Hunters have to go hunting every day.

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Technology level: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]The planet is not technologically advanced at all. They still use bows and wooden sticks or staves at fighting. Only a few tribes can use blasters and maybe even lightsabers and the biggest tribe has two speeders and a ship, but that’s all.

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]General behavior:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt] Zahatii are normally friendly and kind. They are known for their empathy and love towards each other. They care about children, animals and the overall nature the most, but they don’t forget each other. They have also developed charity, which is seen as one family giving another family some of their food. It is not yet known, how they will treat other people who are not from their planet. When it comes to the Force, Zahatii are very sensitive about it. They believe people should not just talk about the Force. They don't understand Sith (OOC, because at the moment, they haven't actually met any Sith) because of their plans and their corruption. Zahatii might become very aggressive when their tribe's or family's honour is made fun of. They think family and friends are something no one can make fun of. Zahatii are not at all lazy. They might do works many other species' people might not want to do because of using too much energy. Zahatii feel like workd have to be done and there are no other options. They also love politics. They have shown interest in chiefdoms and theocracy, they disapprove all government systems where the state is ruled by only one person, but they believe democracy is good. Zahatii don't talk about religion, because they worship Mother Earth. They don't think much about present technology, because they can live without it. People from different tribes are normally in a friendly relationship. They don't think tribes should fight with each other and they love marketing with someone who has something they need. They are also very careful about spending their money.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]History:[/SIZE]
It is not known, when the life on the planet start and it’s not known either whether they know anything about Celestials or not, but the natives have lived there for a long time.
In 109 BBY, a human group discovered the planet. They stayed there for a few months. During that time, they taught the natives Galactic Basic Standard and they gave them some of their technology, but after they left, no one came back. The group of humans hasn’t recorded their visit to the planet, so the Galaxy hasn’t heard about them.
In 398 ABY, a person named Xalahad-en was born. Before his birth, there were many independent tribes, but he had a vision. He wanted to bring them all together. It didn’t work out, but he brought the people of the tribes closer to each other. Not physically, but mentally. Before his birth, the tribes didn’t even communicate with each other, but after that, many tribes started having diplomatic conversations. As all tribes are located in different places, they started marketing after Xalahad-en. Because of his accomplishments, she was named Xalahad-en the Great and now every tribe celebrates it.
Zahatii have not changed after the death of Xalahad-en. The tribes have grown and the relations between them have become better, but technology hasn't advanced at all.
Because of the unwanted isolution, the Zahatii have not heard anything about some major catastrophes which have taken plance in the Galaxy, including the Gulag Plague. Also, since it's unknown if the Gulag Virus is completely dead, there might be a chance Zahatii could get infected because they have not become immune to it.

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Notable Player-Characters:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]None yet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Intent:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]The intention for creating this species is to bring more nature-caring species to the Galaxy. They are also supposed to be the native species of Zahat’n’ira. The secondary intent is to bring more views of the Force into the Galaxy. Since there are not many Force groups who believe the Force is actually nature and that Force is not ours, but we have been given the chance to use it to make our lives a bit easier, this species could be a bit unique. They could also bring more interesting characters into the game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]WARNING!: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]For the reviewer of this application: I wrote this application during night, when I should be actually sleeping, so the application might seem weird in some places. And I am also not very good in biological topics...[/SIZE]

@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]
Hey there, I figured since I saw to the planet they come from I may as well jump in on this, and at present there are a few immediate issues I have. The images used are far too recognisable, both being from well-known games. (The latter is a Tauren from WoW, perhaps more recognisable than the Pathfinder Species)

Images aside; the species is stated as being above average in both physical strength and Force capabilities - I'd ask that you tone it down and choose one to take precedent over the other (otherwise combat/PVP wise they'd be overpowered)

Can you build upon the communication aspect - you mention they have their own language, alphabet, etc, but you've gone into no detail surrounding it. (This doesn't have to be much, just less vague than it currently is) - and ontop of this can you also add more to the General Behaviour. Remember you're adding to the Lore of the site and should someone choose to roleplay your species they need enough information to be able to do so, and likewise should they come into contact with one.

You mention they have a different view of the Force than other species'/Force User Groups, could you go into some detail surrounding this?

The sections for Culture, Technology and History should be transferred across from the planet submission for ease of access and completion of this thread.

@mention me when the above is sorted.

I tried to find pictures which could resemble the species the most, but I couldn't find anything. Another option for the Taoro'om was using Minotaurs, but they are too barbaric and not very nature-friendly (appearance). And I just couldn't find anything better for the Nihici't. But I'll try to find something.

Oops, sorry... I forgot to keep them realistic. I am not very good at finding strenghts and weaknesses, so I tend to mess up with them... But I'll fix this problem.

Alright... I'll try to make the text more detailed... And I'll copy the text from the planet application to here, maybe I'll edit it a bit in some places.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

I'm sorry. But now I'm hopefully done with the changes. The picture thing might get fixed soon, I found a picture before which resembles them the most, but now I can't find it anywhere...

Much better. I won't put this up for approval until the images are sorted, however. Please @mention me when they have been changed and I will do so.

Better. I'm approving this, pending approval from someone with a bigger stamp than me.

Edit: I feel silly now. Approved, period. Enjoy your species ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom