Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zaavik Dagoth - How Am I Doing?

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
I like Zaavik a lot.

However, you write in a way I really appreciate. You breathe life into the character in a way that makes him a person, not just an archetype. I can see what makes the character tick, what would push him to his limit, and I wager I know what would make him snap. Reading Zaavik isn't reading a Jedi story, it's reading the story of a character trying to come into being himself. He fits a fresh take on storytelling, in my opinion. You aren't trying to be the best or strongest character, you're prioritizing the narrative and staying true to what you picture Zaavik to be.

Z-Nasty is a character I enjoy engaging. Whether it be one of the nods in the middle of a thread in reference to the connection between the characters, or just watching him enter a thread in such a bombastic way you can't ignore it. I always feel like I'm on my toes as a writer around the character, cause he isn't a linear experience. He's a character who'll shape the scene and modify how I'm gonna approach what's going on. Getting the opportunity to thread with him and make up for that thread we missed months ago is a treat. I want to continue to interact with the character and see what direction he goes.

The character demands attention. My favorite to write with on the site right now.

Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways
gets the gas

Zaavik is really great! I enjoy your writing style generally, but with Zaavik especially I can always get the emotions and thoughts from the posts. Always good subtext, always good stuff.

Ryv hit the nail on the head about Zaavik as a character. He always feels real and vibrant; abundant in personality and flair, but also grounded. He has as much style as he does flaws and that makes me keep coming back to your posts.

Keep writing! I can't wait to see where you take him next.

negative: needs to shower more, smells too much like jedi incense

positive: your style as a writing partner makes him that much more dynamic because you are willing to meet me head on in a moment and yet still rise and fall to circumstance. makes things engaging and a bit like a grab bag- you never know how it'll end

you also stick to character in the pressings moments (which in turn is more fun for me. no one likes a floppy fish at the climax)

negatives: i had to wait a day for a post once, i cried

stupid jedi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom