Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yvette... and CDPO

The trading post owner curses under his breath as he rolled the newly obtained droid behind the counter. "Stupid thing is so heavy. Why did i buy this again?" He said to himself as he moved the astromech into a better position. He took out a vial of oil and a cloth, and started to wipe the dusty droid down. "Doesn't even work right. Stupid, why did you buy this? You didn't owe him nothin." He grumbled and kept at his work furiously.

Even for one who had so much to do, Yvette needed time to herself and to tour through the areas of Naboo. Being an Vinithi required as much time out int he sun as possible, while needed food wand water like any normal creature. Naboo's wheater was always the best for such a situation. Even though her mother's guards were with her on her little trip through one of Naboo's towns it was nice to get out now-and-then. What wasn't so appericated were all the odd looks she got from so many.

There weren't any others like Yvette on Naboo, mainly because she was a genetic experiment brought about by her mother to be made into an ideal heir to the family throne. As such there was alway the feeling of being alone or isolated from everyone, and for some it was good enough reason. She was a plant-creature that looked like a human, yet had so many in-human features that some wouldn't know to call them gifts or freakish powers. Her ability with the force only showed that more as she could often sense the feelings of others, how nerous or uneasy they felt when seeing her.

With a sigh as she continued on through the mall of the small town Yvette often wondered if she would ever be anything like a normal person. During that point she'd taken note of the trade post while seeing the man through the window dealing with a droid. She walked over and watched curiously as he had to deal with it, Yvette seeing it wasn't all that badly damaged or the like.

[member="CDPO-2127"]

*The man worked on the new/old droid for about fifteen minutes, managing to polish the astromech until all of the dust was removed. Not exactly shining... but clean. He stood up straight and stretched out his back, which was burning from the hunched over position he had been working in. Stupid droid.

He ran over the facts that he knew about the little astromech. His seller had told him that the droid went by the designation CDPO-2127, but that the previous owner had just called is CDPO or C, and that it was an R2 series astromech droid. Apparently there was something wrong with his controls, and could only go backwards and forwards... Maybe his wheels or hinges needed fixing? That would be a cheap fix if no one bought it within the next week or so. Oh, and there was something wrong with the droid's mainframe... or control panels? The man wasn't exactly an expert on technology, especially more advanced types.

The man rubbed his head and turned to look out the window. There was one of those Thénardier children out there... with several serious looking guards. The girl seemed to be interested with something in his store. He gave her a weak smile, with his gaze flicking between the odd looking girl and her guards.

[member="Yvette Thénardier"]

Seeing that the owner had made contact with her Yvette gave the kindest smile and a friendly wave before entering. Of course wherever she went the guards followed and immediatly came in with her. Given that she wasn't aware of the owener's anxiety towards the guards Yvette had still kept a decent apperance when she spoke with him.

"Pardon me. I couldn't help but see that droid you were cleaning up in the window. Is it new? I mean new as in you just had it brought to your store. Not so new as in condition. I mean look at it. No wonder you had to clean it off and all."

[member="CDPO-2127"]

The trading post owner saw the Thénardier child smile at him and proceed to enter the store. He gulped as the girl and the guards came in. He hadn't done anything terribly illegal... For a few months at least. But these were only bodyguards right? Not like, the Empire or anything... As long as he was kind to the girl...

The man took a moment to gather himself, and gave the royal a buisness-like smile.

"W-Why, yes! I have just acquired this droid today in fact. And no, as you can see, it is not the newest astromech on the world..." He paused. "Would you like to look at it? I can move it out towards you if you would like..." He glanced at the guards, guessing that they would not be happy at their charge going behind the counter to look at a sort-of concealed droid

She nodded at his offer and allowed him to move onward and retreive the droid. Her guards parted for the owner to contiue past them but, of course, had given him stern looks to make sure he stayed in-line. Even though she had no idea how they were treating the owner Yvette only stood and watched as the astromech was eventually brought out. She kneeled down to get a closer look before wiping a little more dust from it, smiling at the looks of it and how cute it seemed. She even knocked on it's head a little just to see if it was on or not.

[member="CDPO-2127"]

The man kept an eye on the guards when he wheeled the droid towards the middle of the store so that the girl could see it. He chuckled nervously when the Thénardier knocked the on the dome of the droid. The golden colored droid had been switched off and he slowly moved around to the back of the astromech.

"I can turn it on for you, if you like. It has some defects... But it is still a promising droid with only a few minor adjustments that need to be done." The man said, trying to keep his buisness like tone in the face of possible danger if the guards decided he was a threat.

"Oh yes please." she said, standing and sounding so enthusiatic. She stood back and allowed him as much space as needed before letting him turn on the droid. When he did she had wanted to be the first thing it would see, so she gestured for the man to move once the doird booted up. When it finally did come on the first thing she said, smiling into it's eyehole, was "Hi there, little guy."

[member="CDPO-2127"]

*The man quickly switched the droid on, and stepped back as the girl directed. He was quite interested to see how the droid and the girl would react to each other.

*CDPO-2127 took a while to turn on, a few seconds. When it was finally functional, it saw a green... Searching database... No lifeform found. It wasn't sure what it was looking at, but it seemed friendly. The (confirmed) female spoke to him and he stayed silent for a few seconds after she was done talking. He then let out a series of 'tired' sounding beeps, like he was going to power down. He didn't, but rolled closer to the strange female, beeping once softly. The golden astromech wasn't sure what had happened, but liked that the female seemed friendly.

Hearing the tired sounds coming from it she gave a sympathetic "Aww." before rubbing it's head and saying "It's alright. You're looking a lot better than you did. Though I'm sure you looked much better before getting all beat-up like this. I'm Yvette." She checked his serial number before repating "CDPO-2127. Wow. That's a mouthful. Going to have to thinko fo a nickname at some point."

[member="CDPO-2127"]

*The droid perked up a bit when his designation was said. Species: unknown, sex: female, Name designation: Yvette. He ran through the rest of what he knew about the curious female. He gave a little droid sigh when she rubbed her hand across his dome and rolled a bit closer.

The trader smiled when he heard the magic words, 'Going to have to think of a nickname.'

"So, my young friend; i see you have taken a liking to that droid there. Would you like to purchase or trade something for it?"

Hearing the mention of buying Yvette perked and stood up before saying "Oh yes. I mean he needs some work, but I know a few people who can help. How much?"

As she asked this the guards gave the owner a brooding look. Obviously Yvette wasn't aware of the idea of people making overpriced deals and the like, but they weren't. And they were ready to make that clear to the owner if he'd given a sour deal to thier lady.

[member="CDPO-2127"]

*The trade shop owner started to get excited at the thought of getting rid of the droid so quickly, but the excitement was immediately crushed by the looks he was given from the guards. He was lucky that the guards would even let her buy this droid... It wasn't exactly in mint condition.

"Well... The standard pricing for a new R2 series astromech droid like this one would be about 4245 Republic Credits... But seeing as the droid has some damages... Plus is an older model of astromech..." He paused and crunched some quick numbers in his head, also adjusting the price to hopefully satisfy the guards. He would usually ask something like 3,000 for a mint condition droid and 2,750 to 2,500 to anyone without guards breathing down his neck. "I could probably part with this droid for 2,000 Republic Credits."

With a smile she delcared "Perfect." before gesturing for the men to pay for it. The guards used a holocheck, which was written up rather quickly, before handing it to the owner for 2,000 credits. Apparently they would easily part with that kind of money. But with everything settled Yvette beckoned for the droid to follow her out as she and the men left the store, and the owner, finally. As they made their way back to Yvette's temporary home she said "Don't worry, little guy. We've got some of the best techs you'll ever find. They'll fix you up like new."

[member="CDPO-2127"]

*The man sighed happily when the door closed behind the royal girl and her guards. "Well, guess i don't have to deal with that droid after all." He set about his work whistling*

*The droid followed the strange girl out of the store, rolling along a bit slower than usually, but not agonizingly slow. It took him a few seconds before he responded to her voice again, but did so with happy little beeps.

"See? I knew you'd like it." she responded as they made thier way home. During that time Yvette had told her guards to call ahead and ask for a tech team ready to fix up the droid once they would arrive. It had taken a good half hour before they finally did get home, which was a penthoust rented out by Yvette's mother for whever they were on Courascant for business reasons.

Thankfully a team was already and waiting before taking [member="CDPO-2127"] into the other room where they began to fix him up. Among the many modifications added to the droid during his cleaning they added a few slicer capalbilites, along with advanced mecahic tools for the droid to use in other situations.

*CDPO wasn't too sure about the tech team that was waiting for them when they got back, but he didn't protest and followed them into one of the rooms in the penthouse.

They shut him off while they worked on him and around an hour passed before he was turned back on. His steering, memory, brain software, everything was fixed. He felt as good as new, and probed around to realize that he even had some new tech upgrades! He spun in a circle and let out excited robotic whines that roughly translated to "Fixed! Yvette! Fixed!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom