Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Yugwaaargh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
image_zpsdmahc0r7.jpg

Name: Yugwraaargh

Image Source: My whiteboard.

Intent: To create a visual aid for the stronghold of the Invasion of Kashyyyk’s Stronghold for Objective 2 and present an idea of what sort of defenses lie around the place. Done at the behest of [member="Avalore Eden"] and after consulting both Avalore and [member="Darth Isolda"]. In the interest of Full Disclosure, I'm going to mention that I'll be participating in said invasion, attempting to destroy/capture Yugwaaargh.

Classification: Stronghold

Affiliation: The Republic

Population:
Large amount of Wookiee Soldiers
Large amount of Republic Soldiers
4 dozen Wookiee Dragon Troopers
Stable of 4 dozen Katarn mounts for above-mentioned Wookiee Dragon Troopers
Stable of 2.5 dozen Can-Cell Mounts

Defenses:
x200 FSD-40 Droids
EFR-Spray(Entire Base + larger ‘road’ branches)
x3 Heavy Turret Emplacements Per Large ‘Road’ Branch
x2 Light Turret Emplacements Per Branch

Each Turret firing arc is wide enough to hit stuff that might be flying around on the sides of the branches, but not wide enough to hit anything on another branch. As such they cannot be turned around to fire onto the stronghold.

Points of Interest:

The W’s with circles represent Wroshyr Trees. Squiggly lines between them represent the borders(walls) of the stronghold while the inner pentagon is the stronghold itself. The larger(two lined) paths on the north and south west Wroshyr trees indicate larger branches large enough to act as a road and carry a small amount of tanks/walkers. The thinner paths(single lined) indicate branches that are sturdy enough to carry troops, but not wide or sturdy enough to carry vehicles larger than a personal speeder(such as the speeder bikes of Episode VI). Roughly midway through the North West and South East branches lies a branch that can facilitate transport to the North and South West branches respectively. "S signifies the stables, with upper level stables being filled with Can-Cells and lower level stables being filled with Katarn. Green dots are light turret emplacements, while green "T"s signify heavy turret emplacements. Yugwaaargh is not drawn to scale and thus distances between branches, in the stronghold, between turret emplacements etc. are merely rough estimations.

Description: Yugwraaargh is a heavily fortified stronghold in the forest of Kashyyyk. A couple of kilometers above the ground it is difficult to climb to from the Shadowlands yet still covered well enough by the overbrush to make bombardment impossible(Without multiple drop runs) it naturally becomes a position that lends itself to being more of a two dimensional battlefield. Made up of a rough pentagon of Wroshyr Trees that have their ‘inner’ branches grow together to form a ‘floor’ to build off of the center is well fortified with thick walls, able to stand up to small arms fire with ease and put up a strong, though breakable, defense against larger weaponry, such as tank fire. In addition the entire facility is coated with EFR-Spray, making it far less vulnerable(though not immune) to igniting. If igniting does occur however there are 200 FSD-40 droids that patrol the base in search of potential fire hazards to extinguish. Said FSD-40 droids are not programmed for combat however, only upkeep of Yugwaaargh, and will ignore combatants.

Each Wroshyr Tree has one branch heading outwards away from the military base, covered with two automated light blaster turrets. The North and South-West Branches are significantly larger than their peers, wide and sturdy enough to carry a small amount of vehicles. In peacetime this most commonly used to ship supplies to the base, but in wartime it is most often used as a pathway for tanks or walkers. To remedy this opposition both roads are fortified with three automated heavy blaster turrets in addition to the two light blaster turrets. Furthermore each Wroshyr Tree also has a small balcony at the top of the base(not the tree, the base) to allow for a good sniper position.

In addition to the above mentioned unmanned defenses Yugwaaargh also maintains a small amount of Wookiee Cavalry troopers along with their Katarn mounts, and keeps a small amount of Can-Cells to serve as flying mounts for other smaller and lighter species. Overall Yugwaaargh is one of the most defensible strongholds on the planet, a bastion whose toppling would mean more than just a symbolic victory to any potential aggressors.

Links:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/48433-fsd-40/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/48435-efr-spray/
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee_dragon_trooper
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Katarn
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Can-cell

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
This is going to require extensive edits and as a member who participated in Operation Subtle Dagger where this stronghold was taken same as you were also.

The Stronghold was constructed by the sith on a mountain near the ocean to add to its danger. With a long pathway guarded by the Rexes from Zane Watts story arc. The fortifications being one of the larger obstacles Selena and led the forces against in the initial wave. From there it was built as an eight story castle allowing them to have strong cover, clear lines of sight to the tree line several kilometers away. The jedi fought into the courtyard, through the mess hill and up towards the throne room freeing slaves before confronting Darth Evil of the Wicked System.

Meanwhile outside Rex forces engaged Republic special forces and jedi with Jaxton Ravos being protected while he worked and meditated to stop the spirit of Velok trying to screw with the others. With the stronghold taken and the Rexes retreating it led into the further campaign against the rexes on worlds such as Cularin and Hoylin.

The stronghold itself will need to be edited extensively, you participated in the dominion yourself.

The armaments of the stronghold will also require edits and alterations. The last time this stronghold was used was around this time last year. It was not fortified it was for detaining prisoners in Karen Roberts campaign. It received no further fortifications to my knowledge and was forgotten by the Republic until brought up for use by the sith in invasion discussions.

This neglect will be acknowledged, the Republic has done nothing with it nor have the wookiee's. The forces will need to be reduced to reflect the neglect, the lack of branches and branch roads as well. There was a path leading up there that can be fortified. The fire suppression droids and spray can remain though as it does make sense to have.

Now with that done onto the history as that will need to be edited to match. Again use your notes from participation in the dominion.

@Mention me when these edits are done

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
No.

This location submission was agreed upon, as is, by the Faction Owner of the One Sith and the Faction Admin of the Republic in charge of the Invasion of Kashyyyk. No demands were made by them by increase or decrease the armament or defenses. It is not the place of a Codex Judge to override the decisions of both parties in an invasion, which you are attempting to do right now.

The history was not included as, per the template

History: (Optional. Describe the history of this Military Base.)

The dominion you speak of was an old wiped speed dominion that neither I nor many other of the participants(Such as afore mentioned Darth Isolda) remember the particulars of. The Faction Owner of the One Sith does not wish to punish the Republic for the efforts of a wiped speed dominion started and finished before/around the Tyrin Ardik as Sith Emperor era.

I was asked to create a map by Avalore Eden, and I did a bit more because I enjoy creating submission type things and I remember confusion during the Manaan dominion on the generator room, what defenses their were, etc. Rather than make that up as we go along I figured it was better to have a clear picture of what was going on. As mentioned before this submission was reviewed and approved by both Faction Admins/Owners for use in the Invasion, Darth Isolda even had a renegoatiation of terms to allow her to capture this stronghold because she and other One Sith members wanted to "get that pebble".

Due to an extreme concern of conflict of interests with the writer of [member="Matsu Ike"] being the alt of [member="Darth Praelior"], a One Sith Lord not only participating in the Kashyyyk invasion but also in Objective #2 and clearly attempting to weaken the stronghold I am going to have to ask Codex Overlord [member="Valiens Nantaris"] to take Matsu Ike off of this submission and assign a Codex Judge that is not participating in the invasion to judge this submission.

[member="Larg'haree Ubehr"]
That's some pretty serious allegations you're throwing around here, especially from one who is also participating in the upcoming invasion.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Furthermore, I take issue with your demand for another judge - you don't get to choose another judge here in the Codex on a whim.

Likewise, the assumption that just because faction admins accepted it means it should be passed instantly also goes against the rules of the codex.

I will say, however, the only reason I am not outright denying this is because time is critical, and this will be part of the invasion. Therefore, I will allow it just this once, but if you or anyone else ever try to pull this high-handed nonsense in here again you will be receiving a Codex suspension.

I hope we are understood.

Approved, grudgingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom