Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship YT-1930 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
A5jgKAm.png
vuv5qEC.png
3fLTwJP.png
r8G47Pn.jpg

rqnmXAJ.png

VMgs3ZW.png

eoCjI4c.png

rqnmXAJ.png

rop4yvU.png

• Classification: Limited Run Light Freighter

• Length: 35 meters

• Width: 30 meters

• Height: 8 meters

• Armament: Moderate

2x Quad Laser Cannon Turrets

• 2x Flex Tube Launchers (4 missiles each)

• 1x Anti-Personnel Autoblaster

[*]
Defenses: Average

[*]
Squadron Count: None: 1

[*]
Maneuverability Rating: Moderate(Average)

[*]
Speed Rating: High (Very High)

[*]
Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast: 0.3

FRFxMad.png

• Standard Communications Array

• Standard Deflector Shield Generator

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Standard Repulsorlift Engines

• Standard Targeting Systems

• Can Enter Atmosphere and Land

8LGLTzy.png

rqnmXAJ.png
qDChSv5.png
Strengths:

• Advanced Countermeasures & Decoys: Packed to the brim with Fringe and Spacers delights, this thing is every rogue or scoundrels dream, and screams Corellian.

• Modified Hyperdrive: Tweaked even from the standard Silkworm package, this hyperdrive is slightly faster, though otherwise standard on the package. This does tend to make it ‘loud’ in cases of reversion to real space, able to be detected earlier than other craft.

• I.C.E. Peregrine Field Disruptor - With the other add-ons functioning, or the systems for combat ‘running hot’, this thing will just short circuit the generator and cause the craft to stall out and free-drift. But running on average, even at speed, and this puppy can slip in past pretty much any conventional shielding trying to keep folks out.
Weaknesses:

• Power Fluctuation Issues: As with many in the YT Series from CEC, the multitude of modules can cause power fluctuations and instability.

• Master of None: It does a lot of things well, but it is not exceptional in any one field. Just very capable.

• Aces High: Because of the modifications coming ‘stock’ and the possibility for more still, this ship is [SIZE=14pt]no[/SIZE] made for the average flyboy, and can easily be found to outperform and fly it’s pilot, resulting in disaster in terms of being able to handle the craft.
rqnmXAJ.png

b2e20QU.png

When Caladan ‘Cal’ Sedaire finally rose to the C.E.O. of Corellian Engineering, Corellia had finally brushed aside the last known One Sith Remnant, fully joined the Galactic Alliance of its own accord, and Cal had an eye to the idea of letting the galaxy know what was what in terms of the Company being back.

Enter the YT-1930 Light Freighter. The beginnings of the design basics were in a positively antique file from the Company’s old R&D records. Updated for the modern era, the look and feel of the ship remained the same, many speaking of hearkening to the YT-2000 and even 1300 series.

But where it departed was internals. Smuggling compartments were still there, of course, but the modules installed on this ship meant it would be both highly exclusive and limited (given only to the brave few pilots of the Corellian Confederation and Galactic Alliance who assisted in liberating the planet) and truly in terms of value, priceless.

With a host of add-ons from Mandal Hypernautics, Silk Holdings, Clan Rekali and others famed in that game, the ship quickly became a byword for ‘pet project’ and ‘passion’. It became less about marketing, for that would do so in capability and name recognition alone, and more showing that CEC still had the ingenuity and know how of previous generations of [SIZE=14pt]it’s[/SIZE] company history while still retaining the freedom for buyers post-purchase and after market...

And what better way than to make a ship so capable, even the most experienced of pilots would take some time on the stick to adequately control? Something to make Empires think twice.

This looks well balanced and thought out.

Cal Sedaire said:
MH-PU 04 Overdrive Engines MH-PU 07 Maneuvering Thrusters (weakens shields & weapons) MH-EQ 14 Signal Scrambler Projector (NON-PVP) QQ-C15 Silkworm Hypertransit Package (NON-PVP) Ret’lini S-Thread Booster (NON-PVP) Ori'beskaryc 'Little Red' Escape Pod

These Advanced Systems have affiliations that are not open-market or affiliated with this submission's affiliations. Can you provide permission to use them (IC or OOC) by their owners?

[member="Gir Quee"] -

Asking for permission (again) from the maker of the Rekali and Silk things. He had given me blanket use for the project, but the message was lost in others, so I asked for the specific items so I can screenshot it for you.

The Mandal Hypernautics bits I have permission from, but it's via FB messenger. I can copy that and send it to you via PM if that works, or see about a PM or Discord giving it.

[member="Cal Sedaire"], both of those sound fine. If they don't mind, if you wouldn't mind posting them here in the thread itself. This is something that the RPJs behind me check as well, so they need to see it as well. If nothing else, we keep the whole process transparent as well, just so no-one can come back and say that they didn't actually grant permission.

I realize that Larraq might not want his Facebook handle posted. If you want him to provide another way, that's fine. To make it easy, if he likes this post, I will take that as permission from him that it's okay for you to use these submissions.

[member="Cal Sedaire"], permissions look good to me.

I just double checked the numbers again. So I triple checked it. It looks like it is one rating too high, and I'm not sure how I missed that the first time around.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but it may be the hyperdrive. We count faster than x1 hyperdrives as counting towards the balancing scheme.

[member="Gir Quee"] - Unless your excel spreadsheet listed in the Factory is off, the ratings should be fine.I know 'precedent doesnt apply' now a days, but I'm just pointing out the confusion on my part - other & arguably better have passed... Your own endorsed & approved resource calls it balanced, and all other subs to look for guidance (including templates) are above it really. This is a straight tweak of a template too, wherein I watered down the example given. So I honestly don't follow balance concerns.

Also, while I understand what you are saying about ratings worries, you've not actually said what you'd like to see done to bring it to balance, so I can't respond to your worries in any form. If you can give me guidance to what you believe is balanced, that would be helpful. Given all factory approved and endorsed resources already say it is, so I don't really know what is fair.

Cal Sedaire said:
you've not actually said what you'd like to see done to bring it to balance

Gir Quee said:
It looks like it is one rating too high,

In other words, you could reduce a "High" rating to "Moderate", a "Moderate" rating to "Average", and so forth to get to the balance point.

I'm not sure what template example that you're referring to, but we use math to ensure everything is balanced, as noted at the start of the Starship Template. Here's the current breakdown of the YT-1930 by ratings:
Production: Limited (-2)
Armament: Moderate (+1)
Defenses: Average (0)
Squadron Count: None: 1 (-3)
Maneuverability Rating: High (+2)
Speed Rating: High (+2)
Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast: 0.3 (+1)
A balanced submission will have a net result of "0". The sum of the positive ratings is 6. The sum of the negative ratings is 5. This means that the balancing equation is 6-5=> 1. This means that it's one rating too high.

[member="Gir Quee"] -

Rather than have to sort all the changes from altering the Hyperdrive rating.... How is this?

Maneuverability Rating: Moderate(Average)
From High (Moderate) to the above should balance your math.

Also, I can't find this math rating bit you use anywhere on the forum, other than the excel spreadsheet. Am I overlooking it, or is it not posted? If it isn't, can we get that remedied so we know what standard we're being held to?

EDIT: Preferred to the maneuvrability tweak would be to expand or add another weakness, though if you won't accept that, i'd still prefer the above downgrade to downgrading the hyperdrive.

[member="Cal Sedaire"], looks balanced to me now.

Cal Sedaire said:
Also, I can't find this math rating bit you use anywhere on the forum, other than the excel spreadsheet. Am I overlooking it, or is it not posted? If it isn't, can we get that remedied so we know what standard we're being held to?

The very start of the Starship Template:

For technical statistics start with all values at Average for a Mass-Produced vessel. For every increase either:
  • Reduce the Production Value
  • Reduce another statistic (e.g. increase speed, decrease defensive rating)
  • Provide balance with genuine weaknesses

Cal Sedaire said:
EDIT: Preferred to the maneuvrability tweak would be to expand or add another weakness, though if you won't accept that, i'd still prefer the above downgrade to downgrading the hyperdrive.
As the above notes, the two other alternatives are either lowering production (to semi-unique(~10 ships)) or adding a geniune weakness. By geniune weakness, we mean something that is significant and can be exploited by an opponent.

An example of this would be a ship not having shields, but relying solely on armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom