Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Ways Are Strange, Indeed [Iella E`ron, Open to Coruscant]

Coruscant Spaceport
Arrivals

"Great, mercyful Odiir, what have I gotten myself into?" a very large man said to himself upon disembarking the merchant vessel that had allowed him passage to the capital world of the Galactic Republic, gazing upon a seemingly endless sea of people littering the outside streets of Coruscant. A huge trunk accompanied the giant-of-a-man, larger than any human could ever carry, which he kept a firm grip of. He was dressed in some kind of thick fur, intermixed with plates of outlandish armour. Beneath his hood one could make out blonde hair, long and unkempt, along with a thick beard of similar shade and colour. On his person was a large sword, far too heavy for a vibroblade. Compare any part of this man's body and it would dwarf that of any human, of which there were lots of on this metropolitan planet, for as he towered above most of them he also outdid them all in width and sheer mass. Indeed, this was no common human, but one of the first ever Valkyri to set foot on Republic soil. Few could say they had ever laid eyes upon one such as him, or even ever heard of his people, yet here he was to represent his kin.

As the man made his way out onto the busy streets, he was greeted with a view unlike any other he'd ever seen on Midvinter; instead of vast mountain ranges, there were buildings, and not a single speck of white snow atop them. Did the humans live inside of these "mountains", or were they for decoration only? Too many questions littered his mind as he journeyed down the street, struggling to take it all in. He'd never left Midvinter prior to this, just like most of his kind. A huge throng of people had gathered around a nearby marketplace, catching the eye and nose alike of the huge man, who had had little to eat since taking his leave of Midvinter. Like all Valkyri, he was a man of great appetite, and so he could feel his belly rumbling at the notion of food, even if it was mere human food. What he wouldn't give for a large piece of meat from a newly killed Vhaanir. Perhaps he was just feeling a bit homesick, though just thinking about his father left a bitter taste in his mouth, and to return so soon after his departure from Midvinter would not sit well in his own mind.

Walking up to one of the merchants, the man by the name of Athéirûn, son of High King Beorlund the Bold, simply assumed the same rules applied to this world as he reached for one of the - in comparison to himself - tiny pieces of meat and took a large bite out of it, much to the dismay and frustration of the merchant. With insults and curses in a tongue still foreign in the ears of the Valkyri, the man running the stand displayed a look of complete disbelief as the large man infront of him merely handed him a trinket made of stone. He soon got furious at the notion that this was indeed what Athéirûn had intended as payment and thus began a long rambling of arguments to spill forth at the Prince of Midvinter, who had only acted as he would at home. Trading goods for goods was deemed far more common than coin, as many were against his father's decision to modernise his people, including his son. This was part of the Old Ways of the Valkyri, and as such he could not bring himself to apologise to the man, as doing so would surely make Odiir and all the Great Gods look down upon him with disfavour.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

@[member="Athéirûn Beorlundsson"]

Iella had heard the arguement, well before she saw what or who had caused it. She was seated in on the stalls in the market quarters on Coruscant enjoying some time off from the Jedi Temple, she liked it here, there is always lots to see and do and enjoy. The sights always taking her eye, and as girl she liked to look at all the wares that the sellers had to offer from all parts of the Galaxy. She did not really like collecting trinkets but she did enjoy buying clothes, even though she did not need them so much as the Order would provide, however, sometimes it is nice to have a piece of clothing that is not part of the standard issue from the Order. But at this moment, Iella sat with a hot caf in her hands. Her eyes however, had locked onto the mountain of a man nearby. She watched him for a moment, his ways very different from anything she had seen before, but that did not surprise her so much, as there are still customs and sentients she has yet to meet. Iella noticed him bartering with the stall owner, she could not see what he had handed over for payment, but it was apparent that it was not acceptable.

An argument that was due to end in the man's favour, the stall owner nowhere big enough to take on the man unless he rallied an army, Iella smiled at this thought, but there is something unique about him, apart from his size and that interesting sword he carried on his back.

Her Corellian curiosity getting the better of her as she finished her Caf. Using the forces, she searched around the man, her force threads swirling toward him until they touched his aura. Ah! force sensitive, she thought. She probed further and detected no malice, in fact there appeared to a quiet gentleness around him, and a unique sense of being in the galaxy. She stood now and straightened her Jedi Robes and approached the stall and the owner. "I think that an agreement needs to be met, don't you?", she asked with a form of authority.

Iella turned to the man and looked up into his face, she could not see him under the hood and hair and it was hard to tell him age. "Can I be of assistance?, you appear to be a stranger to these parts", she said with a gentle smile.

As he turned around he was met with the most beautiful smiles he had ever laid eyes on, along with a kind set of eyes and flowing locks of golden hair. "Éar, be praised...!" he uttered as his eyes widened at the sight, believing himself to be in the presence of the Goddess herself. Looking down at her, for she was much smaller in comparison, her words faded into obscurity as her angelic voice graced his unworthy ears, and he was stood as if paralyzed. Once her lips had stopped dancing their graceful dance upon her face, the Valkyri Prince hastily shook his head and returned to the realm of the mortals, yet he believed he had just been blessed with being offered a glimpse of Beornskald at that very moment. He stuggled with finding the right words in Basic when he attempted to speak at first, but soon his senses returned to him fully. "My fair maiden, I cannot ask for you to concern yourself with the troubles of a lone stranger. This man..." he said while turning to face down the petty man still yelling at him, although he couldn't help but silence himself as the large man brought his roughly chiseled face towards his. "...was about to accept the trade or risk making a mockery of himself, and more importantly, the Gods. Teign does not look on with favour upon those who deny His craftmanship." Slowly the merchant backed away and returned to tend his shop, rightfully so; the man before him was twice his size in every measurement.

Facing the lovely woman who had offered her assistance eariler, he went down on one knee to put himself at her height, and upon removing his hood his blonde hair made itself visible, along with blue eyes. Placing a hand above his heart, he spoke his name. "Forgive me, fair maiden. I am Athéirûn, son of Beorlund; High King of Midvinter and the Valkyri people - my people. I have come here in search of a mystical power you call 'the Force'. Where would I find such a thing worthy of the great Odiir himself?" His words were undeniably foreign with a heavy accent, yet he believed he had used the correct words. He was taught from a young age by the best tutors of the known galaxy, according to his father, after all.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

As was expected the giant of a man, soon quelled the situation with his mere size and presence, the stall owner quickly saw 'the errors of his ways', and back off, a grin coming to Iella's face, this was not a surprise at all. However, what came next did surprise her greatly. She looked into the face of the man as he now knelt before her, the surprise would not be lost on those around her, and she looked upon him with her eyes slightly wider. A strange sight met her eyes, blue eyes and blonde hair, not that that is a strange in itself as she has the same complexion, but the overall picture is a wonder to behold.

Formally introducing himself, she realised this is someone of a race she had not heard of let alone met before today and a Prince it seemed. She bowed in respect to him in return and did the honours of introducing herself.

"I am Iella E`ron, Jedi Knight of the Galactic Republic. You come to seek the Force, and you will find it deep within you", she smiled again, she was not sure if he knew he is force sensitive. "If it is training that you seek then I can help you ... you must also tell me of yourself, and your people. I will admit my ignorance I have not heard of your face before this moment".

The forthcoming nature of the woman who called herself Iella was a welcomed change of pace after the debacle with the merchant, restoring the Prince's view of outsiders somewhat. Upon hearing that this entity called 'the Force' resided within him, Athéirûn began touching himself where he had placed his hand previously, as if grasping for something. Looking back up at the lovely woman, his face cracked a smile, as he realised that he undoubtably looked silly. A slight blush soon followed, his cheeks flaring up to set themselves apart from his otherwise gruff and grizzled features. Rising to his feet, he then thought it courteous to answer her request. "Hm... I would imagine my kind are not the most well known in this vast galaxy. I would be glad to share stories about my people, if in return you will be so kind as to enlighten me about these... Jedi, you mentioned. Do they possess this 'Force'?" A loud yell struck his ears suddenly, and he was immidiately aware of where they were and all the people surrounding them. "But first maybe we should depart from this place? Talking should be done where two people can hear the words they speak, do you not agree?" he requested while smiling, followed by a gesture for her to lead the way.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Iella could not agree more, the talk of Jedi and the Force in some parts on Coruscant can be unhealthy and trouble can soon follow. She walked on with a smile on her face, the man for all accounts is trustworthy, the force told her that much, and if he did turn she would soon be able to dispatch him, regardless of size differences. She smiled more at his gestures after she had told him the force was found with in him, it became apparent to her that this man and this race, have been isolated from the ways of the galaxy, this is not to say they are lacking in anyway, but just by his way of talking, it is something unknown to them. If Iella can show him the ways of the force, then in turn, he can show his peoples.

"I would very much like to hear more of you and your people, it will help me understand more about you and what it is you are looking for. You are seeking knowledge and that is one of the many things a Jedi strive to do, it is a constant journey we Jedi take in our lives in order to form understanding of not just ourselves but of how we can achieve more abilities to help people, at least that is my view, not all Jedi share this view however".

As she walked on she continued to answer his questions, "The Jedi have the force yes, in each of them, it is something that lives in your very skin, in your body entirely, that is where you find it. But to use it, you need to train and if you so desire this, I can train you. But I am different so most of the Jedi in the Order", she sighed at this. "I shall take you to the Jedi Temple if you so wish and there you can see more of what the Force can do".

Once away from the busier streets the giant was able to appreciate the metropolis in a brighter light, and the woman walking alongside him made things easier to take in. This 'Force' seemed to be part of all life, and only a few knew how to use it through understanding and training in doing so. Valkyri children are taught by themselves; they have no teachers to guide them, and instead have to rely on themselves as well as eachother to learn about the world they are born into, and all the dangers they face daily in the cold winterland. They are given free reins to explore their surroundings and come to terms with it. To have another actively teach you was something he would have to get used to, it seemed, though he had been tutored throughout his youth, much to his boredom unfortunately. Yet, if this woman could show him how to perform feats with the Force, he would take the offer in an instant. These Jedi seemed like honourable folk, serving as protectors of their people - of all people - by using the Force to enhance their abilities and gain understanding of the universe. This alone was a strong reason for him to oblige by their teachings.

As they wandered along the streets supposedly leading to the Jedi Temple, people would occasionally stop and stare, look and point, at the large man. It was more than obvious none had ever seen one of his people before, and a sense of pride washed over the Prince of Midvinter. He was representing his people in ways his father never could, being stuck in the schemes and machinations of politics inside the Hall of the Brave back in Tháinbroek. The woman by the name of Iella wished to know about him and his people, and he would sate her curiosity. Were to begin, though, he thought as his face took on a ponderous stance. "We Valkyrians have never heard of such a thing, sadly. We are born of the land of ice and snow, and we learn to harness the nature to grow strong. We hone our bodies to achieve that which others cannot, be it warfare, hunting, or crafting items of great repute. We are blessed by the Gods of Old, each holding a place in the world of Midvinter. I guess in a way they are much like your Force; guiding us and being a part of everything in life. My father, the High King, believes we can manage on our own without the blessings of the Gods. Odiir, take pity upon the man..." Looking down towards the ground as he spoke, Athéirûn soon realised this and grew quiet while turning to look at the woman beside him. "By Runa, forgive me. The ways of my people are dear to my heart, I'm afraid." A faint smile was brought to his face. "Being different is not so bad. Believe me, I should know it well by now."

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Coruscant is full of surprises, all different attitudes and peoples from all over the galaxy come here for all manner of reasons. The diversity is extraordinary, dangerous and wondeful, a melting pot of extremes and nothing to a Coruscant resident will surprise them, until now. Iella looked on in amazement as people around them stopped to take in the new arrival .. their curiosity getting the better of them and making them forget their 'manners', fingers pointing and comments made that where never meant to be heard. Iella smiled happy to know that there is still room for more in life then on the surface, and this is all due to the man walking beside her now. On the face of it, he is a man, tall and fair, for all purposes a humanoid which is nothing unique, however there is a strong presence around him, a sense of grace and majesty and it is this that the local populace are marveling at now.

"Well I must admit I am fascinated by your planet and culture, the cold weather I find beautiful .. in any landscape there is always beauty to be found if your eyes seek it", she is something Iella always does and has a talent for, it is rare for her ever to see the beauty in anything. "Your Father maybe stayed in his ways and I can understand that too, the introduction of new things can cause fear and in some case it may not be needed, but change always comes regardless of if we wish it or not, the way of the galaxy is that it is in constant motion and therefore change is inevitable. You seem to be more open to this sense of change and see it as an necessity for your people, to progress with the galaxy and to service to protect them. There is so much harm and hurt the galaxy and it will be only a matter of time before .. something or someone tries to remove the freedom your people enjoy, I hope I am wrong of course, but you are here to prepare for this, if it is to come". Iella stopped as they had reached the portal to the public transport which will take them to the upper levels of Coruscant and to the Jedi Temple.

"We shall need to take this transport to the Temple, is that alright with you?", she asked. "I you so wish I will train you in the Force and help as much as I can to help you achieve your goals for you and your people. Now I am correct in thinking you already have some abilities with the use of the force?, tell me what you can do".

Stopping a few feet outside of the area where the transport destined for the Jedi Temple would pick up passengers, Athéirûn grew quiet, hanging his head as if ashamed of something. His head turned to look down to his side, he noticed a few stray pieces of grabble lay upon the ground. His body shifted towards where he was looking, and reluctantly he raised his hand. With considerable effort the tiny rocks where made to move, some of which managed to lift from the ground seemingly on their own. This only lasted for a few seconds, as it put a great strain on his mind, which was not keen on such usage. Valkyri relied on their hearts over their minds, and this Force required much thinking power. Being unable to do more than move a few pebbles, his brows furrowed themselves with disapproval at the notion that he might have underwhelmed the beautiful blonde beside him with his display. It also angered him; he was a being capable of tremendous strength, yet he only managed to move a few rocks. As such, he walked towards one of the nearby metallic statues decorating the street and proceeded to physically lift it off the ground, almost going so far as to raise it above his head. Setting it back where he found it, he returned to Iella's side, looking annoyed and frustrated at his own efforts. He said little, for he struggled not to use foul words in the Valkyri tongue in her presence. Such a lovely creature should not be made witness to Runian curses, so he swallowed his words and instead let out an irritated grunt of disapproval. "Forgive me, fair Iella", he muttered, as if ashamed of what had just happened.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Frustration can be a good thing to have, in some cases. It can help you focus on a goal and strive for better, in life and in your self. Iella could sense it in Atheirun now as he tried to demonstrate his abilities with the force. She stood there just watching him for a moment thinking on the possibilities for him, the weaknesses and the strengths. She believed he has the desire to achieve the best he can be through the force, he may, at this point, not know how to achieve it, but that is her job, the teach him. Her eyes fell on that large sword again, he would indeed have great ability with the saber, he is after all a swordsman and the talent will transfer. Iella knows that part of training will come naturally to him.

He also have natural strength of body, couple that with the force and he will be formidable. Stamina in a fight that will outlast any opponent. There will be weaknesses in force use there always is, but nothing that can not be trained and to Iella he had more potential to strong.

"Do not be hard on yourself, force abilities take time and focus to master them, so more then others but it is my job now to teach you how to achieve these abilities. Come, lets take the transport to the Temple and if you so wish we can start training there immediately ... and there is no need for apologies and never be ashamed of your abilities no matter what level they are .. lets turn a weakness into a strength. And never doubt yourself, the enemy will smell it". She said as she boarded the public transport to take them to the Temple. Iella found a seat for herself and one opposite large enough to accommodate Atheirun.

There was wisdom in her words, and he would abide by them; already she had shown herself knowledgable in many things, something he respected and would strive to match one day. For now, however, he would have to endure another trip on one of the steel chariots, something he was still getting used to. The Valkyri are not ignorant of space travelling, but they seldom partake in it themselves, since doing so would mean leaving their home planet, which did not occur very often. Taking his designated seat opposite of the radiant lady, he could not feel more out of place; a great number of creatures and people surrounded the two aboard the shuttle, yet he stood out among them. Some were grotesque-looking and did not even resemble humans, and still most people were looking at him in a wierd way. It did not bother the Valkyr, though, since he was busy gazing out the window and onto the vast view of buildings and traffic going on outside.

This planet was the complete opposite of Midvinter; where they were the only species found on Midvinter, here there were millions of them. Where there were only a few minor settlements, save for Tháinbroek, there were now one enormously gigantic metropolis housing trillions of souls. And he was the only one of his kind to have ever laid eyes upon it. A shame, really. It all made him realise how small and, in truth, insignificant his people really were. For millennia on end they had lived on their home planet, unaware of the greater galaxy around them and the great machinations of it. Ultimately, his people were the small ones, and all the others staring at him in the streets the bigger. It was something he thought of for the duration of the trip, and as the shuttle landed outside of a large complex, beautiful and serene, he at first hesitated stepping off. Had it not been for the woman beside him, he probably wouldn't at that point. He missed his home and, reluctantly, his father.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

The vast sky lanes of Coruscant stretched out before them, for Iella it is a wonder, the layer upon layer of moving vehicles in the air a constant stream of light as far as the eye can see. Their shuttle landed near the Temple and Iella moved to disembark. Through the duration of the journey, she could sense his emotions, raw and unfetted. A sense of longing filled him as they traveled and she noted his gaze out over the metal landscape. She stood waiting for him, and as he approached she noticed his hesitation. There was not much she could do to ease his discomfort, this culture shock he now experienced, but she was there for him, if he needed any questions answered. She suspected that sooner he was in doors he might feel less of the crowding around him.

She pondered him again, this place may not be conducive for his training, then a thought crossed her mind. Soon she is to leave for Tython and begin a project there, Tython would be more suitable for him, at least in the initial stages of his training until such time as he feels more comfortable to return to Coruscant.

"I will show you the Temple, this is one of the most important places for a Jedi, there are many things here you can acquire and access for furthering yourself. Any information that you need can be found here in the Library, quarters and studies .. training rooms .. and so on. However... ", she paused. "I am to leave soon to travel to a planet called Tython, another important place for the Jedi, there it is vastly different, you can access the same things, but it is beautiful unpopulated to this point", she gestured to Coruscant. "Snow .. mountains .. rivers, forest plains and deserts, all the wonders of nature in one place". She smiled now and looked to his expression.

"I think Tython calls you to train there, you can always return to Coruscant when you wish or if duty requires it".

Tython... It sounded like a paradise, or at least what many would consider a paradise, based on her description. Perhaps such a place would be more suitable than this seemingly overcrowded metropolis, where everyone act and look with blatant curiousity and suspicion around him, though he did not blame them; his people had treated the few outsiders setting foot on Midvinter the same way for millennia, before eventually warming up to them and the chance to trade with the outside world. Now the Valkyri humans and other species alike in moderately high regards despite their odd customs and traditions. In any case, the Prince could not agree more to Iella's suggestion that he follow her to Tython, and so he nodded in response to it. Again he was captivated by her beauty and gentle nature, although he had to think someone like she has more than likely already been claimed by another, for the galaxy would be a fool to let such a wonder of a woman stand alone without someone to love. Once more his cheeks grew red as he found himself unable to look away. "I... forgive me, fair maiden. I was... you lost me for a moment, there." A boyish grin appeared on his face to match his blushing, and when he discovered it he raised a hand to his mouth and cleared his throat. Unlike most of his Valkyri brethren, he'd often find it difficult not to act different around women, especially attractive ones; most Valkyri males treat women like they would treat eachother, seeing how they're equally as strong and brave in battle. To give her a more fitting response, Athéirûn took a bow as he spoke. "I would be honoured to join you on your journey to Tython, fair Iella; blessed by Éar."

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

The look on his face was not lost on her, she smiled a little at his reaction, not that she considers herself anything extraordinary, but she suspected that he may not see different females from that of his own race that often. "There is nothing to forgive Atheirun, and I am please my suggestion has had you smile".

She turned to begin the climb up the many steps to the Temple entrance. The building is vast and towering even he would feel insignificant against it's size, most do. It is a formidable place by this alone, but the sentient beings within the metal walls even more so. Ages upon ages of history is embedded in the very fabric of the place, even she continues to experience a sense of awe as she enters the main doors. Immediately upon entering the Temple one can feel a change in the air, like a shifting of space and time. The force rippling with life pumping through each individual that walks the corridors. As busy as it is outside the Temple is the same, but the pace more calm and soothing. She hopes he will feel this and feel more at home. The high cathedral vaulted ceilings stretching high in a simplicity design, elegant and timeless. The soft even carpet silencing foot falls and as it is the will of the Jedi ... they do not speak much unless it is necessary. However, this does not mean they can not speak as they traverse the main hall.

"Well shall leave in a few days for Tython, there are some things I have to get in order before we depart", she stopped for the moment. "Through those doors at the end of the corridor are the gardens, there you can find some quiet if you require some peace, they are tended by the Jedi and are most beautiful". She nodded her head to some of the passing Jedi in respect.

"Now you have come a long way, are you in need of rest or food? or shall we start some training now", she asked.

As they entered the grand temple of the Jedi, Athéirûn's eyes widened at the sight of the delicate yet simplistic craftmanship of the interior. It was something Teign himself would be proud to behold, and by the looks of it the structure seemed ancient, ageless even, as if having always existed. Inside there walked what appeared to be monks, clad in long robes of various shades, all interacting as if in a peaceful trance of sorts. The calming nature was palpable to anyone entering these halls, surely, and twice so for the Valkyri Prince who needed a moment to take it all in. Taking a deep breath while closing his eyes, he then exhaled and slowly opened them, sensing the waves of peacefulness wash over him. Suddenly he did no longer feel weary and at odds with coming here in the first place, as he imagined he could get used to places like these. If what the woman by his side said was true, Tython would be even more of a serene place, though he began to doubt anything would be able to top this. As she asked him whether or not he wished to begin his training, he merely replied: "If I may, I would like to explore the vicinities, and perhaps find something to eat. I noticed a place not too far from here where they seemed to serve food and drinks." Patting his belly as it made a rumbling noise, he looked down at the woman as a smile made its way to his face. "It has been a true pleasure, fair maiden, to behold one such as you amidst the everyday chaos, and I wish you well. May the goddess Éar continue to bless you in the foreseeable future." Bowing to her, he took his leave of her and the temple for now in search of the cantina he'd seen eariler. This had been a great start to something greater.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom