Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your immediate reaction? Best/worst part?

I just finished the movie and holy poodoo. I loved it. Could be the new movie buzz, but I absolutely loved it.

The spoilers follow below.
I loved Poe, I loved Rey, I loved every single character.

I will update this thread when my nerves chill out, but I figured this was a good thread to have rather than see a billion different threads starting tomorrow.

The-day-after EDIT:

And so, when the excitement has numbed down ever so slightly, I can by all means give the new Star Wars movie a solid 9/10. Solid story, there was no Jar-Jar and characters that felt real and plausible.

There were no "weak and meek" characters, no damsels in distress and the general vibe of the movie was pretty great. Maybe there were a few holes in character stories here and there, but as the avid gamer I am I have become very used to DLC (the next movie) filling out the holes that were missing.

I won't get into spoilers, but there are a few questions left unanswered in the end. However, they felt more like sequel hooks than plot holes at the moment.

So, in short: Yes. Yes, the movie was good and J.J. did a pretty good job despite what people had me fearing.

9/10

Well, just watched the movie and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat was that Force ability Kylo used?? Like it stopped a blaster bolt mid air and seemed to not need a constant focus of the Force? The movie also mirrored the sequels quite a bit which is top kek in my books. You know, with thingy pulling an ep 3 Ben?

5 out of 5 for me. Everything I wanted and more.

Thrilling. Fun. Dramatic. Emotionally. Tense. Nostalgic. Heartfelt.

Some superb characters brought to the table that I can't WAIT to see flourish over the new trilogy, and I echo the fact that Poe is so much fun, and Rey is superb in all sorts of ways.

I still can't handle other things.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
8/10

Let me first say the things that I didn't like, so get the easy part done. Rey is indeed a good character, yet I think she got better a litle bit quick. I didn't see her get better, yet I watched her do stuff that many Masters of the Force spend their years to master. That bugged me a little.

Now as we got that part out of the way, lets go to the beautiful one.

Everything, the atmosphere, the comedy, the drama, action, banter... Everything felt in place, I felt the Star Wars in this movie, and I give it a big thumbs up.

Also, kark you Ren, kark you very much.

Nisha Decrilla

N
I...

I just don't know guys.

I'm a love of the EU books and this movie has basically thrown all of that into an AU. So, if I take it as an AU then yes, i love it.

But that part of me that truly fell in love with star wars when i started reading the books is stamping its feet and saying NO!

Since when did Skywalker run and hide when things went wrong? Since when was anyone able to use a lightsaber? Since when was anyone untrained in the force able to get that good that quick? And what's this? A bigger and better Death Star? New Rebels? New Empire? Come on! there were far better plots you could have had! Han and Leia had three kids and none of them were called BEN!

So i've got some issues with it. HOWEVER!

I'm going to see it again, just because i need to. Because first opinions aren't always right. So i'm gonna remain sitting on the fence, and pouting.

Fantastic film. Maybe there were a few areas they could have improved, but it's definitely a return to the classic Star Wars, without the horrendous acting of the prequels and a definite sense of nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Especially since Abrams (genius that he is) totally misled us with the trailers. Utterly superb.

Darth Atrox

D
*opens mouth to scream*

JUST FINISHED WATCHING IT AND, I AM EXHAUSTED.

It was so draining emotionally, but it seems like the Stormtroopers have finally learned how to shoot. I enjoyed the further insight into Stormtrooper life (however brief it may of been).

HOWEVER, why, Solo. Why. I was so convinced that Ren had converted to the light, then KWAZAM!

tumblr_lttbosvhkm1qht847.gif

Darth Atrox

D
Did he by any chance say 'Help Me' as in, complete my training in becoming a true Sith? Because that was what Snoke said earlier.

*screams internally*

[member="Tirdarius"]

[member="Darth Atrox"]

The way I viewed it, he was asking Han to 'help him', which Han took to mean 'help release me from the Dark Side', when Ren actually meant 'help release me from your shadow', which he then accomplished with a lightsaber. It was a subtle piece of wordplay: playing upon Han's hopes while helping Ren to recognise his own.

10/10

RIP Han... I saw it coming, but it still broke my heart, and I held hope that Chewie had somehow rescued you... :(

My favourite film of the saga. By far.

Captivating, just enough of a new-and-old blend. I just can't even explain in words right now.

Ren's self-doubt, and the shadow cast by Vader, was a brilliant addition; I kept asking myself "how could anyone live up to Vader once he's gone..". And the answer was, they couldn't really.

Free to rant and rave on Skype with anyone who has seen it; CatharticSnowflake

I'm so giddy and wanting to chat about it!

Darth Atrox said:
*opens mouth to scream*

JUST FINISHED WATCHING IT AND, I AM EXHAUSTED.

It was so draining emotionally, but it seems like the Stormtroopers have finally learned how to shoot. I enjoyed the further insight into Stormtrooper life (however brief it may of been).

HOWEVER, why, Solo. Why. I was so convinced that Ren had converted to the light, then KWAZAM!

tumblr_lttbosvhkm1qht847.gif
Double post, but...

I loved how they humanized Stormtroopers. It made it a little more realistic to see how Finn was.

My first reaction was: Yes, Starwars is back! the return to the gritty dirty life that is this galaxy not the shiny perfection of the prequels. The movie gave us the ability to fall in love with new characters, solid and based in something more we can all relate too, strengths and weaknesses of a more humanised nature. The experience I had in the cinema, was that the movie also gave us the ability to applaud when old characters appeared on the screen. Especially R2, everyone clapped which made me giggle at them only to find I was clapping too. :p

I did not have a problem with Rey being proficient with the saber so much, as she already knows how to use that staff of hers with great ability. She is a wonderful strong female lead character (for once!) and I can't wait to see her development. Same with Ben, yes he is strong, clearly through training and heritage but still has much to learn in his abilities and so flawed. Rey is strong in the force (untrained) , that was evident but it is this juxtaposition between them that illustrates the mystery of not only the force but Starwars as a story. Anything is possible ... we say that in here on the boards so why not in the movies.. :D

I'm going into a very unused account for my post.
East Coast has started to get our first wave of people seeing it.

I will spoiler anything that discusses plot, but you guys are my sounding board.

I will say that this movie is the movie we need. To me? Its perfect. Its what I've been looking for in a Star Wars... anything. From the time "A long time ago..." showed up, I was in tears, like... emotional roller coaster of everything. Right up until the last moment of the movie, I was in the best place I've been in a long time.

The movie's pacing was perfect. The characters were more than I could have hoped for.

Here there be plot discussion.
It didn't have any awkward hooks, there was no awkward trip to some 'we found the chosen one but first lets have him risk his life in a pod race.' No. We got Finn, a stormtrooper, who is humanized, we got Rey, a scrapper, a salvager, a girl that has more to her than meets the eye, and we have Poe, dear, dear Poe, the best star pilot in the galaxy. Sure, some of the lines were a little goofy (my least favorite part is when
Finn keeps grabbing Rey's hand)
but no where near Jar Jar levels. The absence of a character like that was perfect.

The use of the lightsaber as a plot device gives me a LOT of ideas for writing, and with Finn fighting? Its awesome.

The Force has grown with technology and they are showing just where our hokey religions and ancient weapons can go.

I'm a fan of starships, of piloting. Having the Falcon doing maneuvers in atmosphere, having TIEs and X-Wings in atmosphere, and that nod to how frakking excellent Poe is? I had to excuse myself from the theater for a second.

The major arcs in the movie? Not entirely unexpected, and it doesn't lessen it at all. I won't speak of any big reveals, but I am A-OK with how EVERYTHING went.

And the last five minutes? No other way to do this.

I have not loved a movie so hard since my dad sat me down to watch A New Hope at the age of 8.

Edit: Old EU books for sale. New Canon is my life now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom