Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your friend Uri Aurelos needs your support

Sorry. I meant Uri Aureleos.

Hi. So, I have been reading some of the higher-quality character threads on the boards and noticed something about Uri Aureleos. He's not been here in a while and he hasn't posted anything since posting that he was depressed.

So, looking at his friends, I see:

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

[member="Darth Venefica"]

[member="Elizie Adasca"]

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

[member="Kalzaris Redwing"]

[member="Kana Truden"]

[member="Nathaniel Ayers"]

[member="Nicolas Thorne"]

[member="Sha'do"]

[member="Warren Century"]

[member="Zak Dymo"]

Maybe it's nothing. But, maybe that was a cry for help. So, if you know him IRL, please go talk to him.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

--Some Wookiee

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Siriwook said:
He's not been here in a while and he hasn't posted anything since posting that he was depressed.
This happens like every week on this website to like, 90% of us as writers. How is this thread worthy?

J'Kara Jakar

Nuba City High School: #19 Grav-Ball Fullback
Jay Scott Clark said:
This happens like every week on this website to like, 90% of us as writers. How is this thread worthy?
It's good to look after others on this site...Even if it happens every week for 90% of the time. It's the thought that counts :)

Although I don't know Uri personally, I do know that people come and go...We can't change that.
[member="Siriwook"]

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/65584-i-need-a-week/#entry977349

Uri Aureleos said:
Yeah. For those I'm threading with keep posting at regular pace... exactly. Unfortunately, here recently I've been too self-loathing and bitter to actually enjoy myself. My all around mood is suffering TREMENDOUSLY, but you guys don't want to hear that. I'll be back at some point. For those of you waiting on my faction idea. It will go up the second I get back so get prepared. :)

P.S. I will be signed out of skype, too.

[member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Darth Veles"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Sha'do"] [member="Judah Lesan"] @Others Who Might Care

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Siriwook said:
Maybe it's nothing.But, maybe that was a cry for help.
@J'Kara Jakar

Or, it's an overreaction to zero evidence posted in the Roleplay Discussion by a new member with no ties to Uri and who somehow managed to @mention Corvus Raaf.

[member="Siriwook"] , look. Love ya darling. But if this the response you feel is necessary to people getting depressed and disappearing from this website? You are going to be like, 1000 of these threads every month. Not trying to be evil here but...

This is not a red flag. It's pretty normal, (and surprisingly healthy,) for our little internet community. So. By all means. If somebody says they are taking a break from RPing, and then they do it? DO NOT contact them IRL about it. Do not create threads encouraging other people to contact them IRL. Let them do their thing. That's life. That's RP.

All I want is for someone to ask him if he's okay.

Evidence: His very last post said he needs a week and he'll be right back. He isn't. He didn't leave a post saying he's quitting.

He says he's signing out of skype. That means no one can contact him.

He says he's depressed and hates himself. He's saying this for a reason.

That's why. These three reasons are my evidence that someone should check on him.

You're right, I don't know him. I don't need to know him to care if he lives or dies. How much will that cost the board? Have I spammed?

I am just saying, here's the evidence that someone should check to see if he's okay. If you disagree, that's your right.

And if I saw 1000 posts like this, I might not be as concerned as I am, so I acknowledge that I could be freaking out about nothing.

But what if it's not nothing?

If it's nothing and someone checks on him, we might get back a great roleplayer or we might get confirmation that I'm a worry-wort.

If it's something and someone checks on him, we might save a life or we might take these things more seriously going forward.

Risk versus reward, what is wrong with checking up on him?

J'Kara Jakar

Nuba City High School: #19 Grav-Ball Fullback
Siriwook said:
All I want is for someone to ask him if he's okay.

Evidence: His very last post said he needs a week and he'll be right back. He isn't. He didn't leave a post saying he's quitting.
He says he's signing out of skype. That means no one can contact him.

Risk versus reward, what is wrong with checking up on him?
This doesn't necessarily mean he's depressed, people tend to have things pop up and keep them from coming back, while I agree itd be great to have someone contact him, sometimes people need space.
[member="Siriwook"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Siriwook said:
we might save a life or we might take these things more seriously going forward. Risk versus reward, what is wrong with checking up on him?
First. Siri you are awesome. Caring about a complete stranger is worthy of any religion or aspiration in this world. Thank you. This world needs more people like you. Seriously.

Second. Anxiety. Maybe this thread is an... Overreaction? That's all I'm saying. Now. Is Uri dead or dying? I don't know. Same. Is Uri an immature twelve year old with mommy problems casting his pre-teen woes upon the whole of the internet in hopes of some form of attention, acknologment, and emotional security? I don't know.

Now. If the answer to any of these questions comes up: I don't know. Then... Maybe I'm not going to assume something, make a thread about it in the RP discussion forum, and throw it upon the bleeding hearts of this community to go and find Uri, just to confirm my assumption.

First. Siri you are awesome.

Second. Maybe... Uri is just fine. :D :p

[member="Siriwook"]

Based on the last login date on the different character profiles, he has lurked about a bit up to September of this year. Means they are likely alive.

I agree that you should just relax a bit even if your concern is admirable. People go on LOA a lot and many do not come back by the time they say they will. Some people just poof and don't give an LOA. Its hard to get back into things when you have been gone for awhile, especially the longer you are gone. Could be that the way life was going for them that RPing on the board just wasn't where they needed to be. It has been over a year since they posted and if they aren't back by now then they likely will never come back.

So as I said before, just relax a little and have a little faith. Enjoy who is around while they can be.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
and just saying this.... just because you are on someones friendlist doesn't mean you know them in real life and have a way to check on them. It is great to care but it isn't like he is down the street from us, he could be anywhere in the world.... except maybe North Korea or places where there might not be internet. If he left and didn't come back it doesn't mean assume the worst case though.

Let siri post what she wants; she had a good thought in mind and wanted to post it. Leave her be.

Personally, I know i've made plenty of friends here and I'd like to think that they'd want to know if i'm okay.

So, yeah hopefully Uri comes back. Other than that, gotta keep on with positive thoughts.

[member="Uri Aureleos"] made some cool scales for my character so I hope the writer is alright. To be honest, sometimes the person taking the LOA doesn't realize they are missed or decide in the middle of an LOA to not come back for various reasons (lack of interest/time, work, new hobby,etc).

Hopefully the writer is okay and will pop in around the holidays to give us a quick hello.

Matreya

Comimg from one who suffers mentally, and tends to heavily over react to much, on site and off, I would like to say:

Thanks for being awesome, first. Your concern was well placed, and you will garner much respect for it. Second, relax. It is not as often as you'd think that players of the site leave without a word. He said he would be back, and very likely will.

Give it some more time. Heck, for all we know his internet is down and has no money to pay the bill, ya know?

Again, thanks for being an awesome person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom