Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Blade Is An Extension Of Yourself (OPEN)

Waking from a troubled sleep Celiana strapped her combat belt around her waist before pulling a skin tight black cropped top over her torso. Foregoing her boots she checked to make sure both segments of her Echani battle staff sat in their holsters before padding out her door barefoot.

Locking the door behind her Celiana padded out to a training chamber overlooking some of the Temple's gardens. Drawing both segments of her staff and triggering the blades on both she began going through a dual sword blade form in the chill morning air.

Who knew? Maybe somebody else couldn't sleep either and she'd get an early morning sparring partner.....

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
My sword sung through the air as it embedded itself into a large round log. The sword was a very powerful tool. Even those well versed in its usage would find that a sword had the stopping power and pure kinetic force to prevent a lightsaber from breaking through your guard. As well, hearty attacks could break through a guard the lightsaber had due to its weightless blade. hence why I trained to use such a weapon.

The sword was one of my favorite weapons to use. As such, I tried to use as much as my strength as I could to cleave this log in two. However, from the multitude of cut marks, and slivers of wood on the ground, it was growing apparent that I would not be doing such a thing for now. I shook my head, and with the back of my arm I wiped off the sweat onto my sleeve.

The simplistic Jedi robes I wore were dirty from sweat, and from training earlier in the day. I wanted to prove to my family, as well as my friends, and allies that I could do what I set out to do. As such, I trained as much as I could. Even if that meant getting up early or staying up late to get that result. Standing in the middle of the training grounds, I breathed in, slowly, deeply. Closing my eyes, I kept them close as I moved into a Soresu fighting stance. The sword held right at my head, my off hand extended out in a semi- closed fist, my feet a little bit more than shoulder length apart.

I breathed in once more as I went into a slew of attacks and movements. My mind using imagination. I swung at a foe. He had blocked me from whence I drew a step back and stepped forward with a jab, with a twist of my ankles, hips, chest, elbows and wrists, I went from the stab to slide around the man into an uppercut that would send a man into the air should he be hit.

The follow through was the pommel of the sword coming towards my left shoulder. And with a burst forward with speed, into another jab. Where I finally opened my eyes. Off ahead of me, I could see a girl there. She wasn't far at all. In the training grounds, yet she might not be able to see who I was.

Standing up straight, I slid my sword into the sheath on my left hip, and walked towards her as I wiped my brow once more.

"Um, Can I help you miss?"
[member="Celiana"]

Having finished the first half of the blade form she'd been working on Celiana transferred into a bladed staff form. Bringing the two segments of her Echani staff together she twisted them in opposite directions engaging the locking mechanism in her staff segments. Twirling her staff several times she once again triggered the blade releases on either side of her staff.

Moving back to a ready position Celiana started working her way through the second half of her blade forms when she felt someone approaching. Upon the young man speaking to her she abruptly stopped and turned to face them.

"Um, can I help you miss?"

Chuckling slightly Celiana took in the sight of the newcomer. Wild blue hair and electric blue eyes with what appeared to have the symbol of a tear for his Irises. The uncertainty of his addressing her was amusing in the extreme for her as she was usually the one to be stumbling over her words. It was a nice change.

"Honestly thought I'd be alone this morning seems that's not the case though. Well if you care to cross blades with someone this early in the morning I wouldn't be opposed to it."

Shooting him a playful wink Celiana started her staff form back up to give him time to reach a decision.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
The woman smiled as she turned to face me. Chuckling even? I didn't know what was amusing to her, but still, I saw her now carrying a staff that was being put together. More noticeably it was an Echani Battle staff. I could only tell the design from my teachings, and it was quite new to me. I wondered how good she was with the weapon. It drew a smile to my face as she began to speak. Her voice nice and even, and was actually quite happy.

She offered a fight with me. Well, to be correct, a spar. Her wink made my roll my eyes as my own playful smile beamed at her.

"If we spar, then you must know something."

Drawing my own sword from the scabbard, I swung it a few times to my side in a circle by twisting my wrist, before bring it over head and grabbing i with both hands to bring the blade between the two of us. Pointing the end up to the sky, and the curve of the tip facing her.

"I believe actions speak louder than words."

[member="Celiana"]

"I couldn't agree more, actions do speak louder than words." Transferring her staff to her left hand Celiana extended her right hand forward to shake her sparring partners hand before they began. "May I have the honor of a name with the person I'm about to cross blades with?"

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
I smiled lightly as the woman asked for my name. She offered her hand, which I accepted with my own. Her hands rather soft, but tough. She was a skilled fighter, and likely would provide some kind of entertainment to this spar.

"Zephyr is the name, and swords are my game."

Letting my sword drop for the second I gave her my hand, I then stood a step back from her as I continued to speak, and bring my sword up to my stance once more. Prepared to fight her should she decide to attack while I spoke.

"And may I have the name of m'lady? Or will you be known to me as the mysterious Swordswoman?"

A smiled plastered on my face as I gave her that line. She was quite a pretty lass. One that I could see quite a few people becoming interested in. However, as of now, she was my adversary, and would remain as such... for now.

[member="Celiana"]

A musical laugh escaped her lips and Celiana said, "My,my, but you are a smooth one. As for names my first name is Celiana though you'll have to work a bit for my last name. Though it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Zephyr." A mischievous twinkle entered her eyes and Celiana twirled her bladed staff in front of her then out and away to her right side. Having slid her feet away from him while they'd been chatting Celiana had put a slight amount of distance between them. While he'd been talking she'd noticed his eyes slightly wondering over towards her.

Shielding her mind before they began a thought crossed her mind. She was curious if there was something there in his smooth approach a veiled interest perhaps? In any case combat, how he moved, reacted, and behaved would let her see things in strict black and white. Waiting for him to make the first move Celiana twirled her bladed staff back out in front of her with her right hand letting it come to a rest against her other hand. While it was nice to be treated like a lady every now and again she wouldn't make the first move it'd give away something about her.

"Your move Zephyr" She thought to herself.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Taking a look over the young woman once more as she began to make her slight adjustments to her styles, and moving, I could see she was using a double bladed weapon. I would have to be careful about the way she would swing the sword around herself. I had to be careful about the two blades that she could hit me with, and even more so about the intricate movements in which she would know much more than myself about.

Her words were egging me on. Trying to get me to attack at her. She wanted me to move first, My sly smiled came with a few words as we circled around one another. Keeping a rather nice distance apart from one another.

"Very well, [member="Celiana"], Let us begin."

In that moment, I dashed forward to close the distance with and simple swing to the left side of her shoulder with a very small swing around to her right, but there were times when I had to move faster to perform my third strike to send a very small underhand swing to her right side once more. keeping my arms up, legs bent to be ready to move at a moment's notice and keeping my eyes on her and her blade should she move against me.

As Zephyr said "Let us begin" I caught the movement of his foot that clued me in before he dashed to close the distance between us. He followed up with a swing to the left side of my shoulder then a quick jab to the right starting up a sequence of attacks. Glancing down to my right side I caught his attempt at a right side strike by his wrist holding the blade. Pivoting sharply on my rear heel I spun my staff and dealing a glancing blow against his blade I planted the tip of my bladed staff into a small crevice in the stone rooftop and basing my body weight on the handle of my staff with my right hand I extended my left palm downwards and pushed a wave of Force energy at the stone rooftop jarring loose my staff and sending me into a Force assisted cartwheel.

Clearing his head I went into a roll and twirled my staff back behind my head to guard my shoulders. Senses still up I waited for Zephyr to make his next move.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
The sudden twirling and spinning motion with such speed could only have been done with the force. She was clearly no adept, but more of a savant with her weapon. She twirled the double blades around to smack mine away from her. as well as the cartwheel away from me. I huffed and stood there with my sword low as though I was simply standing. I put my sword into my armpit and clapped my hands as her head came up to look at me.

Rather sarcastic as I did so, I smiled once more and drew my sword from my arm. Bringing it forward in my right hand, I had my left open and right next to it. As such, I could swing with one hand, or with both in a moment's notice. Smiling, I decided we would trade off.

"Defense is good, but can you attack?"

I smiled as I let my arms go wide, almost as though I was open to an attack, and I fully expected her to do so as I speak.

"Your turn princess."

Winking at her as though that was going to be her new nickname.

[member="Celiana"]

The next words from Zephyr's mouth were, "Defense is good but can you attack? Then grinning at me widely he said, "Your turn princess" winking at me as he did. I had to admit his seemingly sarcastic nature was growing on me quite a bit. I also could tell he was trying to bait me leaving his blade to the side wanting me to attack. "You know Zephyr that baiting a girl isn't very gentlemanly. Also I'm full of fun surprises."

Returning his wink I once more used the tip of my staff as a base in another crevice of the stone rooftop. Swinging around the handle twice to build up rotation speed I launched myself into a kick bringing my bladed staff out of the crevice as I flew towards Zephyr. While in midair I unlocked my staff and separated the two segments of my staff. Inverting the left segment of my staff and embedding it into yet another handy crevice I balanced on my left hand atop the hilt of my left blade while the right segment flicked out as I brought my right wrist into a quick whipping motion towards Zephyr's left calf. Coming back down to both feet I brought both blades into a quick flourish bringing them into an X cross guard.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
I was almost taken aback when she returned the wink for a second with her own words on how baiting her was not very nice. Her attacks came in towards me. Intricate attacks as they may be, were also telegraphed. Swinging herself around out in a kick was easy to tell as her leg would have to be brought up closer to my rather tall height comparable to her own, I could step back and to the left. Giving myself plenty of room, and time to bring my own sword up and to block the attack head on.

Her own block came up as I came with a counter swing at her. Landing right smack in between the X shape formed by the blades. While it was a semi-smart move, there was one problem. She was using both hands to defend against the blade, and which meant she would have to focus on her hands, and mine. Not my feet.

"So can I princess."

After relaxing very slightly on my pressure with my sword, I took a step towards her, and slammed my own foot down towards her own. If connection was made, it would leave a nice bruise on her toes, or maybe the top of her foot, but nothing that would cause some serious harm. Followed with a very closely twist of my side, hips, and shoulders to send my left elbow towards her shoulder/left chest area.

How was this possible? Well, with my left foot moving forward, hitting hers or not, I was stepping into the blow with my elbow. Meaning this was all calculated to aim at her in a very proficient way if she happened to get stomped on, or smashed with an elbow. Though, I was always wrong. This lass was one to be quite inventive from what I could tell. So maybe she could find a way out of this.

[member="Celiana"]

Hearing Zephyr say "so can I princess" sparked a look of amusement in my eyes. The next words out of my mouth surprised me a bit at the outright flirtatiousness of them. "Oh I'm sure you've got all sorts of surprises to show a girl a good time Zephyr."

He's good I'll give him that though I could see the assumption in his eyes that I'd have to pay attention to his hands and not his feet. I'd been drilled to pay attention to footwork for years because a duelists footwork ALWAYS telegraphed where they'd move next. Even before he threw the stomp towards my foot I could see him moving, his hips moving told me he was moving towards me before he actually followed through with the movement and I was already moving. Dancing back out of range I reconnected my staff back into its staff configuration and retracted one of the blades into the hilt turning my staff into a spear. Twirling the bladed segment out and away from my face with a flourish I waited to see what kind of other surprises Zephyr had in store.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
The girl was good. Able to step back in enough time to avoid my forward step with my elbow to her left side. She drew her weapons back into a spear like configuration. odd, but inventive. And my problem, was that she was switching her fighting forms so often that she was wasting time in doing that.

As she was still backing up and continuing to form the shape of her spear, I lashed out with her with an underhand cut with one hand to the right side, only to grab the sword with both hands in the middle of the followthrough, and swiftly bring the sword back down on her left shoulder curving down to the center of her form, then brought up for a quick jab to her chest.

Maybe then she would quit changing forms to defend herself.

[member="Celiana"]

I could feel the frustration of Zephyr without seeing it, I ended up being very fluid not to mention unpredictable when I fought with metal blades as opposed to my sabers and it tended to irritate some. It showed in the severity of Zephyr's attacks, as I was bringing the spear configuration together he launched his first attack his blade striking the handle as I finished bringing my staff back together. I was nearly struck by the quick follow up though as he brought his sword down towards my left shoulder I flipped the blade away from his face and stabbed back with the main length of my staff whipping it into a left blow to the side of his head.

"Sorry for the unpredictability Zephyr, women tend to be that way." Looking back at him though there was a whirlwind of colors when I truly looked at him. Emotions, feelings, thoughts that I could see in how he carried himself and how he fought. The red of passion in his bladework as well as more than that how he cared for others. The peaceful blue calmness of practiced bladework and mastery of oneself. The green hue of sacrifices made and yet to be made.

Dropping the emotional shield around my mind I wondered if he saw things and people this way. This is why I fight I thought to myself. To understand others and see the beauty they have within themselves. I wonder if he sees the beauty and colors when I fight....

@Zephyr Carrick

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
With the swinging motions, she used the main shaft of her spear to protect herself from the first strike I had made, and used it once more to defend against the secondary attack. However, I had to pull back on my lunge at her to fight against me. Her spear came up to my head, to which swinging my head to the right would let the blade sing past my left ear. I smiled lightly as she got close to me, but was not quite there.

She was talented. I could tell that she had emotions flooding her from her face. She paid very close attention to me. And her eyes seemed to have an understanding. Almost as though she saw me in a new light. Taking this into consideration, I took a step back as we stood there. Leveling my blade at her, I smiled a little, and then let the blade drop.

"You are very interesting Celiana. I just have to ask though, Why would you spar with me?"

[member="Celiana"]

I was close but didn't quite manage to hit him. Then he took a step back leveling his blade towards me before letting it drop again smiling as he did. The next words from his lips surprisingly startled me a bit. "You are very interesting Celiana. I have to ask though, why would you spar against me?"

Standing there I thought, Well aside from the obvious that he's cute and combat is how I tended to judge and evaluate people....

Realizing he'd probably just heard that if he'd had his senses attuned to The Force or me at all I quickly spoke, "Combat tends to be how I evaluate people and get a truer sense of who they are or what they stand for. Words tend to be deceptive and I and for that matter most Echani won't take much to be true from someone's lips without having fought or sparred against them." Idly twirling my spear in my right hand then spinning the haft of the spear through my fingertips I cleared my throat before speaking again. "Further than that though it's a way to earn and receive respect and status. So let's just say you've jumped both in status and in terms of personal respect in my eyes."

"How about yourself? Why would you spar with me?"

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
The response from her was very good. She wanted to learn who I was through the actions I made towards her. As well, she said that words can be deceiving. Remembering this, I thought about my Master who was just like that. Speaking only when necessary, and letting his actions speak for him. It was now that she returned my question to me. Looking her over, I swing my sword experimentally to my side.

"I had someone tell me that fighting was the way of the heart of any Jedi, Sith, or otherwise. Those who fought with all they had were people of passion, and emotions that had no need to be controlled or held back."

Lifting the sword up to her, pointing at the staff in her hands,

"The staff that you use is not a symbol of being unpredictable, but more so the willingness to change according to what is necessary. You are flexible, and can change at a moment's notice to combat the situation."

I walk towards her a few feet while letting my sword drop once more, and my grip to slowly release on the blade, As well, it showed me about her past, and I decided to recite it to her as what I saw.

"You were likely someone who moved from one place to another. Either you didn't like it, or it just didn't work for you. You flexed yourself to someone else. You change because you want to. Not because other people force you."

Smiling a little, I now stood less than a foot away from her. My eyes looking down at her from my height, not because I found her lower than myself, but because I could see how she could have a much higher expectation from me.

"I like you."

[member="Celiana"]

Listening to him speak Celiana was taken a bit aback at how much he saw from how little he knew of her. "I was told once that passion is only wrong if it starts dictating your actions. But the way I figure it is that your passions, your desires, the things and people that are important to you don't dictate how you act but allow for you to react in a more selfless way."

As he twirled his sword hilt through his hand rotating the blade through various spins and twists Celiana responded to his take on why she was adaptable like she was. "Actually I try to stay adaptable and fluid not necessarily because I've moved around a lot or even that I have to be on the move and free. But because in my opinion familiarity breeds contempt.

As he'd finished his short evaluation he surprised me by saying, "I like you." I could feel heat flushing my cheeks and I knew I was probably a nice embarrassing shade of pink. "Well thank you Zephyr and believe me that feeling is very much mutual."

Tucking a stray strand of hair back behind my ear I twirled my staff in my right hand before rotating my right and left arm in unison bringing the blade of my spear whipping to the left side of his throat following up with a lightning quick upper rotation bringing my spearblade past my right cheek directing an uppercut with the haft of my staff to catch Zephyr underneath his jaw.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
I smiled as she was taken aback by my remark about liking her. Well, you see, there was one thing about this. I did like her, I just didn't know how much. As a person, as a Jedi, as someone who I might fight alongside, yes. Anything more, and I couldn't tell you at the moment.

Even then, I still found trust in her, but not what she was about to do. As she started the twirl on her weapon, I leaned my head back and to the side as the weapon barely touched my neck, and brought my offhand up to catch the weapon as it was about to reach my neck. While she may have intended to surprise me, I just smiled.

"But my dear, you didn't let me finish."

I pushed the weapon away from my face and smiled a little. Precognition ran in my family as one of the traits that we were taught at a very young age. My father was very proficient in the use of sensory force powers. So much so, that we could get a catch on it ourselves, and I found an affinity for it. Predicting actions of others came natural to me.

"You are still somewhat predictable. You move as your desires do. Your mind changes left, but then goes right because its different, and new. And that is where you falter."

I shook my head as though it were not bad.

"Not bad at all, but if you want to become good at fighting, even with the skills you have now, you will need to find a focus that will always be there. One single focal point that never changes. When you do, then come back and we will spar again."

Wow I felt old. I almost was surprised at myself with the sudden wisdom of fighting, likely because I took way too many traits after my father. Either way, I knew that I was giving her a high bar to reach. And honestly, I was setting myself one as well.

"Oh, and by the way..."

I leaned forward rather fast and pecked her on the forehead with my lips.

"Glad you feel mutual about liking one another."

[member="Celiana"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom