Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Really Do Belong With Us, Here Among The Clouds [First Order Dominion of Bespin]

Objective 5

3/20

The deal had been made and the property hadn't been cheap. But Serj's client had been explicit, when she said that money was not an issue when it came to the buy, and with that in mind, the Muun had gone ahead with that idea in mind. If Serj was a calculative man, he would assume that Alicia was desperate to get I.A.I onto Bespin, which invited the suspicion that she was running away from something or someone. But who or what that was remained to be seen.

As Serj climbed back into vessel, his business on Bespin done in record time (it was his personal best), he decided to catalog the information with the dozens of other things he knew about his clients, so as to be used one day when he needed to bribe one of them for a favour or two.

Objective: 5 (Find Kriel)
People: [member="Kriel Firin"]

His blood-red lightsaber came down with a menacing hum, and hit nothing but air. It was then that Greifen realized he was not dealing with any regular street thug. If he had been, the man standing before him would be dead by now. Such a leap backwards was beyond the ability of any normal human. Unless...

Perhaps he had underestimated this one. Cocking his head to the side again inquisitively, Greifen seemed, for a moment, to ponder the situation.

"Most impressive..."

Then, his lips curled into a grimace as he immediately called upon the Dark Side, his energy swirling around him and then shooting out, reaching for Kriel's blaster. Immediately the invisible tendrils of the Force found it, and pried it out of its holster, sending it sailing through the air and into Greifen's hand. The Knight of Ren glanced at the blaster in his hand, then back to Kriel, then once again to the blaster.

He dropped the blaster to the ground, and turned the blade of his lightsaber down and impaled it, the sound of scorching and sizzling metal echoing throughout the hangar bay.

Now that he had been completely disarmed, Greifen stalked forward, backing Kriel up against the wall. There was nowhere for him to run now.

"Hmm... you think I'm going to kill you?" Greifen said, eyeing the young man. "No... I've thought of a better use for you. Yes, I can sense it now - I should have felt it before. You must be taught to temper your abilities and your foolish aggression. The Dark Side of the Force is strong within you."

Objective: 5 (being found)

As he evaded the saber, his thoughts were not on the how or even the why he was able to – but instead focused on one thing, and one thing only. Staying alive.

Which is why he was initially surprised that the figure did not press his attack – but instead held back momentarily, as if appraising him. His words echoed this and confused Kriel. He was unsure if this was a tactic – to throw him off-guard. It was possible – and given he didn’t understand his foe; he kept the option alive in his mind, just in case.

But he sensed something – something new yet familiar. A sensation. A clawing darkness that at once was both oppressive and liberating. Like some form of energy in the room that he could feel but not use. He wondered if the man with the saber could? Before he could ponder the thought further, he was aware that his blaster was being ripped from his holster. He raised a hand in a futile gesture, as if to catch the weapon that was now flying to the cloaked man.

And was it his imagination, or did it slow as he reached out with extended fingers? It didn’t matter much – as the blaster was soon in his adversary’s grip. He braced himself for a killing shot from his own weapon – but it never came. The black-robed figure chose to discard his blaster. It was state of the art and cost more than an average man earned in a year. Five years in fact. But the man tossed it aside as if it were rubbish – and persevered with his archaic weapon.

A frown knitted on Kriel’s brow as he saw his beloved blaster destroyed by that crimson energy blade. And as the man advanced, Kriel backed up. He didn’t glance left or right. He knew instinctively there was one entrance and one exit. Both were covered by stormtroopers now. He had only three hopes. Firstly that the man tired of him and left him alive after a bit of sport. Secondly that he could talk his way out of it. The third he left for last because it was the most likely. And the most unpalatable. A quick death. He toyed with the idea of impaling himself on the energy blade. To deny the man the pleasure of the kill.

But his self-preservation instinct was too great. He would wait.

Then the man spoke. Kriel refused to nod at the first question. Instead he simple stared the man down. He would show no fear, no acquiescence. But he couldn’t help himself, his curiosity was simply too great.

“The Force? Isn’t that just a story for kids?” It wasn’t a put down. His tone wasn’t condescending. He wanted to believe the fairy-tales. To believe the stranger. But he was a pragmatist and needed to be convinced – even though his mind was desperate to accept even a half-truth. In part to save his life and the remainder because he always believed he was better than this. But never dared to hope for fear of the biggest let-down of his life.

[member="Greifen Ren"]

Objective: 4
Re-establish the Bespin Wing Guard Under Our Rule
Allies: The First Order; The Shadows of Doubt
Enemies: The Shadows of Truth

Colrenth walked into room flanked by spec ops Storm troopers his crisp black uniform, and his hand clasped neatly on the small of back, “Good day baron’s I’m agent Renfrew I will be overseeing your processing, those of you who have something to hide, if you reveal it now I will show mercy, if I have to find it and I will, the penalty will be most unpleasant I can assure you.” He said in cold emotionless tone and heavy imperial accent.

[member="Kriel Firin"]

"A fairy tale?"

Greifen did not smile, but he did deactivate his lightsaber. The crimson blade shrunk back into the hilt with a hiss, and then the hilt rejoined the belt along Greifen's waist. He continued to pace around Kriel, observing him. His senses were attuned to Kriel's being now, and now he was fully able to appreciate the dormant power that lay within him.

The Stormtroopers at Greifen's side had now surrounded Kriel and waited for Greifen's command to fire. If the Knight of Ren commanded it, they would kill this man instantly. And yet, with a wave from his black-gloved hand, Greifen motioned for the Stormtroopers to lower their weapons. Pulling back the black cowl that had concealed his form in shadow, Greifen revealed his face to the young man before him, his yellow-red eyes surging with the Dark Side of the Force.

"There is much you don't know, young fool," Greifen said, and he waved his hand in the air whimsically. At once, the scorched, broken blaster that formerly belonged to Kriel began to levitate off the ground. Such an event must have appeared like magic to someone like Kriel, who was barely familiar with the Force at all.

The magical display continued in front of Kriel, as the levitating blaster eventually found its way into Greifen's black-gloved hand once more. "I was not so very much different than you, once," Greifen said nonchalantly, exploring the destroyed blaster with his hand. "Life had hardened me to the will of the Force around me. It was speaking to me, but I refused to listen. I instead relied on such crude matters as this," Greifen waved the dessicated blaster before Kriel.

It levitated into the air again, before suddenly shooting through the air and impacting against the wall with such force that it shattered into even more broken pieces. Greifen stepped forward, now standing directly in front of Kriel.

"The Force has been speaking to you, too, yet you ignore its calling. I can teach you to harness it. To become more than what you are. That is, unless you are content with the meager existence you call a life now."

There was relief in his heart when the crimson blade deactivated. But there wasn’t even a flicker of recognition on his face. He’d learned the hard way that losing face was the quickest way to die. Cowards encouraged even average fighters to take a swing at them – and Kriel was not going to show weakness, even to a Knight of Ren.

And his eyes were focused on the Knight as opposed to the troopers. Once upon a time he would have seen them as worthy opponents. But he saw how they respected the man in black – feared him too. And he wanted some of that power for himself.

His eyes did register at the stranger’s yellow irises – it intrigued him and he somehow knew it was linked to the man’s power. But the how and why was beyond him. But he wanted it so badly he could taste it – especially when the stranger levitated his now useless blaster with no more than a wave of the hand.

And he drunk in every word like a parched man in a desert – wanting to hear it all, and right away. There was no frustration however, just awe and the promise that he too could command this magical power and have the lives of so many within his grasp. He flinched involuntarily at the impact his blaster made on the wall. The troopers to their credit remained impassive and he wished they hadn’t witnessed him jumping at the noise.

Finally it was his turn to speak and he took a few moments to compose himself, before staring the stranger in the eyes. “I do not know the ways of the Force? Nor do I understand the true nature of the Dark side But you can teach me. I will learn.”

[member="Greifen Ren"]

[member="Kriel Firin"]

A long moment passed between Greifen and the young man, while the Knight of Ren exchanged a curious glance with the Stormtroopers by his side. It appeared that Kriel would come willingly - he was almost disappointed that he didn't have to subdue him with force, but this young man seemed smarter than that. He would wisely not test powers he did not yet understand. If he kept that same attitude as he continued his journey with the Knights of Ren, he would go far indeed.

Greifen smiled.

"Then you have already taken your first steps in leaving your old life behind. Come now. The Knights of Ren do not tarry in carrying out the Supreme Leader's will. And leave everything behind. Weapons, ships, any gadgets you may have. All that you need, we will provide."

Greifen stepped aside, as did the Stormtroopers, allowing Kriel to make his way forward. He walked back towards the transport, making sure Kriel was in tow.

"I am Greifen Ren of the Knights of Ren. We serve the First Order as the Supreme Leader's righteous fist, gifted as we are in the ways of the Force. Should you survive your training, your powers will be beyond reckoning. Tell me your name."

If there was one thing Kriel had – it was confidence. And experience in facing foes more powerful than yourself. Showing weakness was a poor move, as was bravado. So instead he remained quiet, allowing the cloaked man to make the next move. Who knew what way the conversation would go, but Kriel knew he didn’t have the upper hand and so decided to concede the position of power in this exchange. But that didn’t mean he would bow down, merely accept the other man held all the cards.

Kriel shot a glance at the broken blaster as the cloaked man told him to leave everything behind. “Then I am ready,” he said. He knew he could access his personal wealth at any time and from anywhere. There was nothing of value – either material or sentimental – that he needed or wanted to take with him.

He followed the man to the shuttle and ignored the troopers. In his mind he was already second-in-command in this little group – a view he might come to regret one day. But although he was starting a new life, his old ways would be harder to discard – like his arrogance – as he quite literally swaggered onto the ship behind Greifen Ren.

“And I am Kriel Firin.”

[member="Greifen Ren"]

[member="Kriel Firin"]

"You were Kriel Firin," Greifen said as the two boarded the transport along with the other Stormtroopers. Underneath them, the transport's repulsorlifts began to fire up as the ship took off. "From this point forth, that name means nothing to you now. Perhaps one day you may survive long enough to hold the title of Ren."

Greifen hadn't finished his mission here on Cloud City, but that was meaningless now. He had accomplished something far greater. The Knights of Ren now had a new Disciple, and their ranks would swell further. Kriel's training needed to begin immediately, and so time was of the essence. They would return to the Citadel at once.

"You are strong with the Force, but you lack discipline," Greifen continued, folding his arms across his chest as the transport took to the air. "Your training will correct that. To become a Ren is the most difficult of all paths one can take in the Force. You must have more strength than a Jedi to survive, yet also more discipline than a Sith. We shall see if I made a good choice for my first apprentice."

The transport entered space, leaving Cloud City, and Bespin, behind.

'Kriel Firin is no more,' he thought to himself as the ship left the planet and headed to rendezvous with whatever capital ship it arrived in. He wasn't sure what to make of that. A new start? Maybe it was symbolic? He knew that he would find out soon enough and was eager to prove his worth and become a Ren. He had no idea how long the process was, or what it entailed. But he didn't care. He would do whatever it took. This was a philosophy he already lived his life by.

Next stop...the Citadel.

[member="Greifen Ren"]

Objective: 4
Re-establish the Bespin Wing Guard Under Our Rule
Allies: The First Order; The Shadows of Doubt
Enemies: The Shadows of Truth
Post: Ileris [04/20] + Kira [02/20]+Colrenth [2/20] [total 6/20]

As Colrenth and a select number of the spec ops interviewed the barons, promising that if the barons should wane in their loyalty the order the every embarrassing, damming secret they had would be brought to light and spectacularly public that there would be no hiding from of maneuverer around. And as predicted in typical political fashion, the barons couldn’t seem sell out the fellows quickly enough. After several hours of this Colrenth finally heard the first bit information, he felt wanted further interest on his part one of the Barrens was friendly with the resistance and allowed them use some of his holdings as a safe house, after getting the location of the safe house, Colrenth took a small squad of spec ops troopers and headed out the leaving the rest of the troop to finishing processing the barons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom