Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You never know what you'll find on Coruscant

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
It was just one of those days when you had to get out and go for a walk. It had been one of those rare moments for Khantor when he had nearly lost his cool during the Senate meeting. It was times like this when he wished he could just go back to Shili and watch the Cratul fly through the skyline and dance in the clouds. But he couldn't duty and his conscience kept him on Coruscant so Coruscant was where he would stay. The best he could do was go for a walk to cool his head. He was still fairly new to the city world and hadn't learned all the main routes but sometimes he found that being spontaneous was the best way for a person to calm down.

He spent the next half hour following the crowds, often having to duck to avoid his horns colliding with a advertisement board or having to apologise to the pedestrian behind him as his montral had flicked them in the face. He checked his chrono and decided it was time to head back to his office to get back to work. He had a very important meeting with the Senator of Kuat planned for later that evening and didn't want to be late so to prove to the other Senator's that his age wasn't an issue for such an important position. He turned round to head back the way he had come. However he had only ventured a few metres before he realised that something was wrong. He hardly recognised any of the stores on the walkway and when he looked up he could no longer see the skyline that is visible from the upper city. He strode into one of the stores and asked the clerk what section he was in. "You're in the Undercity pal" the clerk replied. "Oh great," Khantor thought, "as if nothing else could go wrong today?!?!"

Nala had ventured to the Undercity for a rare novel that depicted the events of a great Jedi Master from the old times. She adored the old stories of great Jedi, often dreaming of being among them in the legends that would follow throughout the ages of the galaxy. It was risky for her, being a padawan, to be down in these parts. But at the same time she didn't want fear to get the better of her, her master often telling her taking a step in a direction you wouldn't usually go being the first in a number of ways to become a Jedi. It was nice enough to be out an about at least, away from the seclusion of the temple while she visited Courascant for a time. Things son went downward as she accidentally bumped into a man as she began walking out. She dropped her book and gasped at what had happened.

"Oh! Sorry!" she said to him, picking up hr book. "I am so sorry. I wasn't looking."

@Khantor Ruu

Using his mastery of Mask, Daxton had altered his features to appear like a rather benign young bookish human. Dressed in slightly better cut clothes that spoke of wealth, he looked like a man looking for a night on the wild side as he strode through the undercity looking for trouble. Careful to mask his force signature, there wasn't anything to betray he was a powerful user of the Dark Side.

He was about to head to the bars on the lower levels when his way was blocked by a pair of sentients. "Hello there. What is the hold up?"

@[member="Khantor Ruu"]
@Nala Tu

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk scanned the streets, looking for the suspect. No sign yet, anyways. He shrugged, and ducked under an overhang to zip up his jacket before darting back into the street to head further into the Undercity. He did another check of the crowd, and shrugged. The suspect was not in this area at the moment. He paused, thinking, and lifted his comlink, tapping it absentmindedly. Who owed him favors around here? None that he could think of. This was Coruscant police territory. Rangers rarely get involved here. He slipped it back into a pouch on his belt, and walked forward again, eyes darting around. He paused. Was that a bookstore? With actual books? Didn't see many of those in the Outer Rim. He ambled closer to it, curious what it might be like.

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Khantor fought the urge to panic, it would do him no favours in a situation like this. He began to walk over to a bookstore where he would ask for directions when someone bumped into him. "Oh! Sorry! I am so sorry. I wasn't looking." came a voice from behind him. He turned to find a very tall figure standing behind him, obviously embarrassed from the incident that they had caused. He identified the person as a Kaminoan, remembering a passage he had read in the Great Library on Shili which mentioned their species. From the Kaminoan's voice he realised she was a female and with that realisation, he quickly bent down to assist her. "Really it was nothing, a slight bump that's all. I've been giving people around here much worse due to my lekku." he said in attempt to reassure her. However before she had a chance to speak another voice sparked from behind, this time more masculine. "Hello there. What is the hold up?" Another person, a human this time, had joined their conversation, however this man suddenly had all of Khantor's instincts on high alert. He just didn't like the looks of this guy. However he knew not to judge a book by it's cover and greeted him also. "Good day to you sir, I'm terribly sorry, this young lady and I just had a slight accident and I was just assisting her back to her feet." Khantor had to admit there was something not quite right about this guy, but before he could pin point exactly what it was, his montrals detected the movements of another human who was headed their way. Well Khantor thought, if there should ever be a good thing to come out of this situation, at least one of them should know the way to the Upper City!

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk paused at the tangle by the door, waiting for them to work it out. He was in no hurry, and the bookstore was interesting enough even from the window. That and the rather odd group before the door was interesting. None of seemed to particularly belong in this area, except the bookish looking fellow, even though his demeanor did not seem to match his appearance. Now granted, the wealthy young often had nasty attitudes, despite their appearance of culture and sophistication, so this might be one of those times. He leaned against the wall, watching curiously.

After @Khantor Ruu told Nala about his lekku, she nodded a little and said "Oh, sorry to hear about that." After that she turned to see the other person arrive, asking about what was going on She was about to explain herself before Khantor did already. She shrugged and thought maybe it was better he speak since she had her tendency to ramble. But another odd feeling passed over her. There was something about this newer person that didn't exactly settle right. The force senses she had reacted towards him. But he looked normal enough, didn't he? She kept a close eye on him all the same.

@Dirk Ellerden
@Daxton Bane

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk glanced around, and gave a resigned shrug. No sign of the suspect here, and no indication he'd been around anywhere. He strode towards the door, pausing to skirt around the odd group. "Please excuse me."
He tried to get past them and reach the door, hoping not to bump into anyone. They'd had enough of that already. More would just seem like he did it on purpose in mockery.

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
The second man Khantor had sensed, had now come right up to the trio and attempted to squeeze past them. Quickly studying the man, Khantor could tell he was used to the rough life that came from living in the Undercity, his clothing and equipment gave that away. However he didn't seem like he meant them any harm, in fact he appeared to be looking for someone as he only gave them a quick glance before returning to search the crowds. It was at this point that the Senator realised that the group was blocking the entrance to the bookstore, so hastily got out of the human's way while at the same time keeping his montrals trained on the movements of the suspicious man that had only recently joined the conversation. "I'm terribly sorry, allow me to get out of your way." Khantor paused for a second, contemplating before asking another question. "You seem to be looking for someone, could I or any of my friends here assist you?"

DG45

Devil of Dagobah
Oh he did love the city, it was a metaphorical all you can eat (steal) buffet for him. Rich individuals lived a life of luxury in the clouds while people below survived off the scraps. It was a disgusting little setup, and he despised it, but he wasn't Robin Hood. Instead of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, he largely just stole from the rich until they WERE the poor, which was just as satisfying in some respects. Curiously the thief watched @[member="Khantor Ruu"], @Dirk Ellerden, @[member="Nala Tu"], and @[member="Daxton Bane"]'s little encounter with curiosity.

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk nodded appreciatively, "Thank you." He shrugged, and activated the holofile of a small, grimy looking man wanted poster. "Not unless you've seen him around. He's been known to be around these parts. Informant for a slaving syndicate. His intel gives us a devil of a time in the Rim when we try and pin 'em down. " He stopped under the underhang, and scrutinized them again. "Are any of you lost or some such? You don't seem the type to be down here."
He glanced in the bookstore again, curiosity growing stronger. "I had not realized this place was here. Never seen one like it actually. Are there many around?"

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Khantor was relieved to know that the man had realised at least that he didn't belong here in the Undercity. He was alarmed however when the man brought the a holofile containing the information of a specific bounty. Was this man part of some law enforcement organisation? Here in the slums of Coruscant? He hadn't heard of any police force that acted down in the Undercity. However he could worry about that topic at a later date, what mattered now was finding his way back to the Upper City and back to the Senate Tower. "No I haven't seen many stores that contain physical copies of these texts here. All my readings done through my datapad back in the Senate Tower." he answered the enforcer. "Speaking of the Senate Tower, you wouldn't know how to get there from here would you?" He turned to the other two and said, "It's not that I haven't enjoyed our little conversation", directing this at the Kaminoan Jedi more than the other man, "It's just that I have an important meeting with another Senator very soon and don't want to be late." He turned back to the enforcer to await his reply.

@Dirk Ellerden
@[member="Saren Lonecaller"]
@[member="Nala Tu"]
@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk nodded, disappointed, but not expecting another result. "My thanks, then." He glanced around, checking the area, and pointed to a turbolift. "Take that, all the way to the top. There's a stop there where you can catch a taxi to your meeting." He looked over the area again. "You're a Senator, then, I gather? Mighty dangerous for you to be down here without a security detail, then. And my thanks on the info about the bookstores. It's appreciated."
He stepped off from the doorstep, "If any of you see someone like this, send a message to the Sector Ranger HQ. They'll transfer it to me." He paused, thinking. "But don't get too close. He's a nasty individual. Prone to shooting first. Keep your distance."

Looking to @[member="Dirk Ellerden "]she said "Not a lot down here. Believe me I've checked. Only real place you can get the real good and rare stuff." she showed him the book she'd just bought herself before @Khantor Ruu mentioned needed to get back to the Senate. She figured as the enforcer did that he was in fact a Senator.

She perked up and said "Well, I know the way. The senate building is close by the Jedi Temple. And I need to head back that any way. I can show you if you want. Or would you just prefer a map or directions or something? Either thing I can do, don't worry."

She seemed a bit nervous and rightly so. Part of it was because she was near a Senator, which was obivoulsy an important political figure which often made her anxious to be near someone of importance. The other part was the odd sense in the force she still had about he other stranger, Even worse, now she felt she was being watched. She really hopped it wouldn't turn into one of "Those days".

@Daxton Bane @Saren Lonecaller

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk nods again, looking up at the Kaminoan. "Ah, very well then. I shall have to stop and browse, then." His gaze wanders into the building. "I do not think I have ever seen such a place before." He eyes the stacks of books, looking oddly wondrous for someone with such a weathered, careworn face. He stepped half-way into the doorway to examine the spines of the books nearest to it, not recognizing any. He paused, and leaned back out, and looked over at @[member="Khantor Ruu"].
"If you're a Senator, any chance the Sector Rangers might get a little more funding for handling the large amount of crime syndicates we're dealing with? Or would that be someone else's department?"

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Khantor was a bit shocked and confused at first by the Ranger's question, until he realised that as a Senator he had the power and political authority to demand changes to various organisations around this planet. He was still discovering the many benefits of being a Senator on the Capital of the Republic. With a small smile he answered the ranger "I'll see what I can do, I've just recently been appointed this role and am still working out what I can and cannot do, but I will definitely look into it for you." He hoped that his offer would be enough for the man. Khantor had no idea why he had any doubt in his mind to who this man's allegiances were for.

With the ranger sorted he now turned to the Jedi, "Well if you don't mind accompanying me, then I would very much appreciate your assistance. It's not everyday that I get to have a nice stroll with a Jedi." Now directing the question to the whole group he asked, "What are all your names by the way?"

@Dirk Ellerden
@[member="Nala Tu"]
@[member="Saren Lonecaller"]
@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Name is Rand Ysma, but most of my friends called me Axel. I am no Jedi, rather I am but a simple trader of exotic goods and wares. We ship almost anything from the Core to the Fringe to do our part for the economy. Perhaps you have a need for transport, I am the man for the job." Nothing was more boring than someone talking about what they did professionally, which was precisely why Daxton did it to lull them into a false sense of security that he was a simple harmless trader.

@Khantor Ruu
@Nala Tu
@Dirk Ellerden
@Saren Lonecaller

Nala still kept her eye on mr. "Ysma" before bowing herself to @Khantor Ruu and saying "Nala Tu. Jedi. Uh, that is, Jedi in training." She shook her head "Padawan! Yes, that's it." se felt a bit embarrassed by the awkward outburst but wit so much going on it was hard to stay entirely focused. She took a deep breath to try and help clear her mind while everything was being sorted.

@[member="Dirk Ellerden "]@Saren Lonecaller @Daxton Bane

Dirk Ellerden

D
Dirk nodded, "I appreciate it, Senator. We've got a hard time of it right now. Barely scraping through, unfortunately. Have a good rest of your day, sir." He nodded to the young Jedi. "May the Force be with you, then. And watch your steps on the way back." He glanced around. "Rough part of town this is." He turned back to them, "Axel, then? What type of goods you bring in? Any specifics?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom