Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You made me an offer but I didn't get a chance to refuse...

Be careful what you wish for.
“Play to your strengths. If you aren’t great at something, do more of what you’re great at.” - Jason Lemkin

I know that look. True, Caltin didn’t know it from Quill himself, but he knew when someone wanted to say something, but held back. It was no doubt the Hermit was wondering what the big man saw but was not going to pry as it was not his business and the massive wanderer respected it. Normally Vanagor would remain tight-lipped on this sort of thing, but he respected Quill, so why not?

I was not sure I was doing it right but managed to see the mirror image of myself, only younger. It was me back when I was in the Old Order. Strange really, he was claiming that I was different… not who I was back then.

He scoffed with a bit of a smirk.

I mean, he’s right, and wrong at the same time. Everyone changes and grows over time, but to my core, I still am the Jedi I have always been. At least I think I am…

Then Quill offered to put him up. It was a kind gesture, and while he was not sure that he should take the man up, it might be an experience of a lifetime that could only help him find himself. Was this the right thing to do? Who knows. It was what he was going to do, and something he was known for… jumping in without really thinking.

Thank you. I think that I will take you up on that.

@Jend Ro Quill

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor got a firm nod as Quill replaced the Ithorian meditation sticks on a shelf overflowing with alien books. "Good. I keep to myself for a lot of reasons, so don't be offended if I just go about my business around the enclave and the area. But we'll likely run into each other now and again."

He paused at the door on his way out. Chores beckoned, and a visit to a wampa cave who'd promised a nice tauntaun dinner. He decided not to invite Caltin. Somehow he got the feeling the wampas and Caltin would not get along well.

"About the vision of yourself...something to think about. How did you feel, seeing who you were? Proud, embarassed, friendly, ashamed, nervous? You encountered your old self, your young self I mean. What was your reaction to him man to man, like someone you'd bumped into in the hall? Something to chew on."

“You don’t lose if you get knocked down. You lose if you stay down.” - Muhammad Ali

He was fine with being around here by himself. This was not a place for camaraderie anyway, it was more for learning about yourself and general introspection. So not seeing the old man, or really anyone while he was here was not an issue. Truth is, the big man was better on his own anyway, even if he sometimes hated it. The Hermit seemed ready to leave, as if he had a dinner to get to, but stopped with another 64 million credit question.

It took Vanagor a minute, but he came up with at least something that pretended to be an answer.

I don't really know what I had felt. So angry to see someone so… angry... yet I would not change who he was. If I could tell him stories of who he would become and what he would go through… I am not sure that I would. I want to, but really would that change who I am today? Do you know? Nobody is perfect, but I think that we all are who we are meant to be. In one way shape or form.

@Jend Ro Quill

"Bah. I've never had much use for 'meant to be.' The Force is a blend of all the lives that'll ever be and ever were, right down to bacteria and grass. The Will of the Force, when it happens, is more the exception than the rule. Just waves in an ocean. Nobody's meant to go or be anything just like nobody's meant to float anywhere on an ocean. You are who you choose to be — sink, swim, paddle, eat the gull, eat your fellow castaway, build a fire, dive for pearls..."

Quill trailed off absently as the metaphor slipped its leash. He followed the figure of speech out the door, and was gone. In search of soup, as it happened. Nice warm soup to tide him over until the wampa feast, and calm his tummy in advance of all that tauntaun tartare.

"Redemption is never out of reach, you just have to reach for it." - Caltin Vanagor himself!

The big man just smiled and held up a reassuring hand.

I guess this is one of those times I "jumped in without thinking". My meaning is that I would not change a thing about what brought me to this point. Looking back on my old self, I would like to think that the natural thought would be to change who I am, or "if I could go back..." but I don't want to spend my life wondering if I should have turned left when I turned right."

Bringing his cup to the sink, he nodded.

I agree though. The future isn't written. We are who we make ourselves to be, with or without the Force.

tag: @Jend Ro Quill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom