Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You Here For Me?

370d9lz.png

"What I become, huh..?"

She repeated the words to herself, closing her eyes. What was it she could become anymore? All she wanted was to make Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin happy, so did she need to become anything? There was far more soul searching than she figured to be had. Which, honestly was a good thing. Maybe life wouldn't be so empty.

Without much thought she lifted a hand up. Hearing the hiss of pain from Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze pulled her attention from anything else. Without explanation or permission she'd start to bend the Force. A gift of her blood. Healing. Not painless, but far more effective.

".. I appreciate it. I imagine you could kill me easily if you used everything."

Jenn's thoughts turned into a jumbled mess as soon as she felt it. The touch of the Force upon her body was hardly a new sensation by now, though it often took the form of lightning surging through her, her windpipe being squeezed in an attempt to crush it, or her body sent flying through the air with but a dismissive motion of the wielder's hand. Was she supposed to fight against it? To tell her to stop? There was nothing in the Resol'nare against this, or within the much stricter codes of her long-dead Clan... but she had never been made to consider the notion of a force-wielder using their powers to help her.

It took her some time to come to terms with it, but when she did, she gave a slight cant of her head.
"Thank you. As for your words... I doubt it would be that simple. It never is with the Si- with those who use the Force."

370d9lz.png

"Other Sith, perhaps." Alina chuckled a little as she leaned in her seat to get a bit more comfortable. With the violence passed at least the Vampiress felt comfortable enough to relax. She'd pat the bench beside her, offering a brief smile. Whoever Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze was, they weren't foes. At least not anymore. "Power comes at a cost. My strengths have their weaknesses. My name is Alina."

A moment of silent consideration passed after the former Sith's gesture, her body growing tense once again. The fighting was over, and her foe had no interest in taking her life... but dropping her guard was something she rarely allowed herself to do, remaining alert at all times. She had never considered the idea that her personal life suffered from such a focused approach, and she would most likely remain blind to it, dismissing the notion as yet another trial meant to test her resolve and dedication to the ways of her people.

Realizing that she had been standing quietly in front of the woman she had come to kill for the past minute or so, she felt a surge of embarrassment. Turning her head to the side, she walked up a few feet from the bench, bent down... and picked up the Vampiress' discarded sunglasses. What was meant to be a gesture that would save her from doing something so simple (and yet so distressingly alien) as sitting next to her became something else, in spite of her attempts to rein in the pleasant warmth of normalcy that spread through her body.

By the time she realized what she had done, she was sitting next to Alina, handing her the sunglasses as she slowly let the tension bleed from her shoulders.
"And I'm Jenn."

370d9lz.png

Alina raised a brow curiously as Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze seemed to walk away. So that was to be the end of their conversation? Alina could accept that, if only because it meant the Mandalorian wasn't going to try to kill her anymore. Only, the other woman wasn't leaving. Just getting the sunglasses. She stifled a small laugh as she took them and slipped them back over her eyes. It was a kind gesture. Perhaps there was more to the warrior than the hunt for revenge after all.

"A pleasure, Jenn. Despite our initial bout I'm sure we can be good friends. .. Why are you here? Was it just looking for me?"

As the two sat next to one another, a former Sith and a Mandalorian armed to the teeth... Jenn had no choice but to acknowledge the fact that she struggled to settle into small talk. Pulling out her blaster and taking on a group of smugglers was practically muscle memory- but leading a conversation to its term? That was an actual challenge, and not the kind that brought honour and let her grow as a person (as far as she knew, anyway). And yet... the sound of that laughter made her feel an odd sense of satisfaction. The idea that she had done something right and made another person pleased with the adequacy of a non-combat related action almost comforted her.

"... I don't think so."
Right. Good intentions couldn't make up for the fact that she was a woman of few words at best, and a socially awkward person on top of it all. Of course, there was also the unavoidable truth hanging above her like a sword of Damocles: she had a great deal of trouble fighting against her own doubts and insecurities at times, knowing all too well that she would never be able to put the lacking she felt into words.

"It's hard to say, sometimes."
She paused, a sharp inhale audible through the helmet.
"I don't make any sense, do I?"

370d9lz.png

"I'm only good at talking because otherwise I'd of ended up with a knife in my back. I prefer to talk with my fists, though." It was as if Alina was reading Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze 's mind, but it was only because of just how similar they were in a way. When talking didn't matter Alina was a punch first punch last sort of fighter. No if ands or buts about it. She never wanted to deal with politics, despite her noble birth. But even as a noble she was little more than an offering to her mother's allies.

Oh how times changed.

"Were you born a Mandalorian?"

That response got an amused huff out of the Mandalorian- a sign of clear approval that removed the need for her to vocalize her appreciation for such a train of thought. To her shame, she sometimes found talking to be a difficult endeavour, something that asked far more attention to be directed towards another person than she was used to. Not in a manner that didn't involve analysing their stance and fighting style, anyways! She was still pondering how wise it was to open up to the woman she had been fighting a few moments ago when she heard that fateful question.

To her credit, her answer was fast- perhaps a little too fast, but no less honest.
"No. My parents were killed when I was a child, and the Clan took me in as a foundling. When the time came to choose whether or not I wanted to stay with them or not, I had no reason to abandon my family."
Silence followed such a declaration as Jenn realized how unusually verbose she had been, to her chagrin.
"Why? Do I not seem Mando'a?"

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"Hmm? No, I never said you didn't. I was just curious. I know some people are born to it, others adopted. But, I know very little about the culture otherwise." She chuckled lightly, shaking her head. It was interesting to hear how Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze spoke. Far more confrontational than she expected, but didn't that just fit the warrior culture? Alina hummed as she looked upwards, casually swinging her legs to and fro.

"I know very little about a lot of this galaxy. Even when I wanted nothing more than to learn my foes so I could fight them better. Says a lot, huh."

"Oh. I see."

In the wake of those words, Jenn almost sounded a little... sheepish? For a woman who acted and spoke with such conviction, she lacked confidence when it came to social interactions that went beyond the scope of familiarity. Although she doubted that Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru would mind how confrontational she was whenever she spoke, there was simply no denying the fact that she was unable to conduct a normal conversation without slipping into undue aggression. It should not have mattered to her as much as it did, but she was nonetheless forced to face the fact that it did get to her.

"Neither do I. The ways of my people are the foundation of who I am, but it can get... difficult. Being alone in the galaxy is not a fate I relish."

370d9lz.png

"No one stays alone. I mean, I'm a blood sucking monster and I'm not." Alina flashed a toothy grin, showing off her vampiric fangs as she glanced Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze 's way. If the Mandalorian did her homework, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. But the point was to show just how odd it was for her of all people to have someone to care about and be cared by.

"Where do you go now?"

"I suppose you're right. Still, it's... difficult, to imagine a future where I have found companionship."

Jenn had done her homework indeed, but reports were not always reliable- and so she had taken a cautious approach when it came to the information that surrounded Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . The Mandalorian found herself appreciating the gesture made by the former Sith in spite of her pessimistic outlook on her chances: the mere thought that someone empathized with her search gave her a smidgen of hope that she would find her own lover one day. The question that followed, however, led to a hard return to reality.

"I'm not sure. I suppose I should go hunting for more Sith- their lightsabers sell well on the market, and can be exchanged for beskar. It's my duty, but it's not- it's not what I desire. Does that make sense to you?"

370d9lz.png

"Then don't go hunting Sith." Alina shrugged her shoulders. "If I followed my duty, I'd be married to some man twice my age and sitting around as little more than a trophy wife. Certainly wasn't what I desired." There was another soft laugh as she shook her head. It seemed like such a long time ago, now. Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze probably didn't have the same reason to defy her duty, though.

"Go explore the galaxy. If you happen upon a Sith, kill them sure. But don't make it your focus."

Jenn seemed rather keen on listening to what the vampiress had to say, seemingly drinking in her every word with a great deal of curiosity. She considered the folly of admitting to her greatest desire, her failure to acquire it... and decided that she had already spoken more than she should allow herself with a stranger- she might as well seek for answers. Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru was no longer her foe, and she could perhaps prove to be the light guiding her forward.

"I see what you mean, and I intend to take your advice to heart. But that's... not the issue. I mean, look at me. I'm barely able to lead a conversation."
She let out a weary sigh, and nervously tapped her fingers over her heart.

370d9lz.png

"No one says you have to lead a conversation." The woman hummed for a moment, her eyes staring off at the town again. Their fight had gone unnoticed by the population, given where they were, but even now the traces of people living happy lives was obvious. A faint smile formed on Alina's lips. Nothing like a fight to remind her that peace was something to strive for.

"Things will happen. Just go with them and choose the path that's best for you. That's all anyone has to do."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

"You make it sound easy."

Laying both hands on her knees, the Mandalorian simply gazed off into nothingness, lost in contemplation. Peace was not unknown to her as a concept- her people did not revile the notion, and sought to preserve it for those they took under their care. Still, it was... difficult for her to really appreciate something that was so disconnected from her identity as a warrior.

Abruptly standing up from the bench, Jenn seemed to be rather... restless. It felt to her as if she was simply moping about something, and that was far too unlike her to stand. Turning to face the former Sith, she slowly extended a hand towards her.
"Sorry. I imagine you've better things to do than listen to my issues, especially after the way we met. It's been... not an honour, no- but a pleasure."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"No one said it's easy. Just worth it." She hummed a little at the end of her words. In truth, she was fine with just sitting here in silence beside a new friend. Well, that's what Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze could be thought of, right? Alina at least would think of the Mandalorian as such, though the odds such ideas were shared were likely slim.

That was fine, too.

She blinked rapidly as the Mandalorian stood right up. Her body tensed, ready for an attack. Training never seemed to truly fade, and given their earlier interaction she wasn't able to just turn off the defenses she had. It'd take a moment, but Alina would reach up to take her hand and give it a firm sort of shake.

"It is a pleasure and an honor. If you ever need anything, reach out." A toothy sort of grin formed. "Asides, one of the biggest moments with the woman I love was me trying to punch her in the face. Sith, right?"

"Maybe we're not that different after all", noted the Mandalorian in the wake of those words, giving an appreciative nod. The hatchet had been buried, and the Sith was seemingly uninterested in resuming hostilities- more than that, she found her counsel to be... enlightening, disquieting as her wisdom may be. Running from the truth was not in her habits, however, and she resolved to face her shortcomings. Perhaps she could even comfortably call this woman a friend, some day soon! But for now, she remained far too socially awkward to do such a thing, ever-so-afraid of a misstep on her part.

Their handshake elicited a certain surge of tension from Jenn. Such a simple gesture should have been inconsequential, and yet, here she was, wondering how she was meant to lead a friendship with someone that was not Mando'ade.
"You're an odd one, Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . I've never met someone like you, and yet... I find it fortunate our paths have crossed. I'm sure we will meet again- and if you need my assistance to keep your life a peaceful one."

The grin and the words that followed it managed to claim a chuckle out of her - a light reaction, but the first sign of something approaching clear, undeniable amusement from her. That made her happy.
And, with that, she placed a hand over her heart, extending it towards the vampiress in a sign of peace... and began to ascend as her jetpack roared to life.
"Keep the lightsaber- consider it a gift for your help!"

370d9lz.png

"Odd is a word for it, indeed." A much softer smile formed as she nodded to Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze . Though she did end up raising a brow at the offer to the saber. Alina did have her own, not that she wanted to keep them. On hand, just in case. She let out a sigh, but nodded none the less. As a gift, there was no way she'd say no to it.

"Be safe on your hunts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom