Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You Here For Me?

370d9lz.png

Eshan was a nice world. Peaceful. Relaxing. Never had a place put Alina so much on edge. Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin was the twin sister of the current ruler of the planet. And while the ex Sith had no intention of re-entering a war that had robbed her very humanity from her, there was always that fear that someone would come looking for her. Demand she pay for her crimes. Despite the peace she could live in, that shadow of revenge always lingered. Worse, though, she didn't know how to live in peace. As the deemed useless daughter of an influential Sith family, she suffered countless abuse. Finally joining the Sith herself, she was faced with the violence of war and surviving her peers.

As a Lord, she faced the constant struggle of politics where being assassinated was a common thought.

With no knowledge on how to live a life outside this, she simply found herself wandering. The spaceport was vast and full of life. The scent of it filled her nose. Anima, blood. She'd been surviving on donations from Quinn, stockpiles and artificial blood where needed even. But it was stale. It horrified Alina just how much she missed fresh blood from those she fought. In a life of war, food was easy and delicious.

She wore the most basic clothing she could. Jeans, a shirt. Sunglasses to hide the dull orange glow of her eyes. She didn't want to stand out, less that shadow she'd been trying to ignore finally caught up. Her wandering lead her many places. Different storefronts, neighborhoods. Factories. And yet everywhere people were happy. It was nothing like the Sith Empire. Freedom truly was something that could make anyone happy.

Alina sat on a bench in a particularly abandoned district. Only a few people were around, so it was the perfect place for her to at least sit. From her pocket she pulled free a small pouch. One she tore open with her teeth and casually started to sip at. To anyone, it'd look like a juice pouch. But in reality, it was full of blood. Stale and old. She grimaced for a moment before taking another drink.

Was this really her life now?

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Last edited:
There was something about Eshan that felt so very wrong- something that left the breathing, walking death threat uneasy. Every time she crossed a street corner, she expected to get shot by a marksman hiding on a rooftop; every avenue felt too exposed to incoming fire, leaving her the easy prey for an ambush.

It took the Mandalorian a few hours to finally come to terms with the fact that battle and bloodshed were so deeply embedded in her psyche that the prospect of a genuinely peaceful world felt like a lie. This realization should not have made her so upset, and yet she could not hold back a muttered curse, her existing concerns rekindled by such a fact- something that prompted the woman to lay a hand on her blaster. The human mind was a thing well beyond her understanding, and in such trying times, she found comfort in the knowledge that she was able to ask herself these questions because she was strong enough to have survived for so long.

Hunting Sith was a dangerous proposition, but one she relished in: not only did they provide a great challenge, but the role they had played in the downfall of her people was enough for her to put aside her pragmatism, if only for a time. No matter how hard Alina tried to hide from retribution, there was always a trail to be picked up by those with a hunter's patience and eye for detail. Then again, she stopped dead in her tracks when she finally got eyes on her target, refusing to believe that it would be that easy- but a thorough scan of nearby rooftops and alleyways seemed to confirm the idea that the Sith, dressed like a common civilian, was sitting on a bench with her back turned to her, all by herself.

Slowly, the Mandalorian removed her blaster from its holster, although she did not point it at the target just yet. Where would be the glory in that?
"Turn around, Sith. I want you to see it coming."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

Any other Sith would have noticed it. The threat. The danger. But her connection to the Force had already been meager at best. Alina's power was the ability to rip away the Force from those around her. Make herself stronger. She simply could not feel the ebb and flow like others. The voice sent a chill up her spine. The shadow, that feeling of dread.

It wasn't just her mind.

Alina did not turn, instead staying where she was with her hands in her lap. Gripping the now empty pouch in both hands. Whoever it was should have just shot. The ex Sith wouldn't of known it was coming. "I've a feeling you've got the wrong person. I am no Sith." Not anymore. She left that part out. Slowly she'd turn her gaze, peering from the corner of her eye. Past the sunglasses to show the unnatural glow of her iris.

"Put the blaster away. I don't want to kill you."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Athletic as she may be, she had never been the strongest in her Clan- she just wasn't built this way, favouring acrobatics and agility over the brute force of those she considered her kin. And yet, despite all of that... there was no denying the fact that she projected an aura of strength, intimidating in her absolute confidence. Every second that passed reminded her of the danger she was putting herself into, all too aware of the importance of taking Force Users by surprise before they could bring their formidable powers to bear... but she was no hired gun. She was Mandalorian, and she would do this properly.

When she heard that voice, the grip on her blaster grew that much harder- and yet she fought against the urge to raise it and double-tap her, keeping the barrel pointing downwards. Her response was firm, and her voice filled with a cold determination that was yet to waver.
"That's not going to happen.".

The tension was thick in the air, filling her with a foreboding sensation- the kind that often preceded a fight. And yet, she refused to shoot first, eyes rained on the being that sat in front of her.
"
Did you think you could run away from what you are?"

370d9lz.png

"What I am, and what I was made are two very different things." Alina stood slowly from the bench, turning to more properly face Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze . The faceless Mandalorian armor. Inwardly she cursed. There were many she could handle, but fighting a Mandalorian was never good news. The only thing worse was likely another Sith. She had no visible weapons on her person.

But that's just what made her deadly.

"This planet is under the charge of the woman I love's sister. I don't want to make trouble, for either of them. But if you don't lower that gun I will see to it you never raise one towards me again."

"As deceitful as the rest of your kind, dar'jetii. You spin falsehoods and excuses to avoid responsability."
Her voice was hard, and yet her resentment was reined in by her code- hatred was absent from her words, as she found no use for such a visceral emotion to cloud her judgement and give her enemy the advantage of surprise. Her mother had raised her to be better than this, and she was hardly going to disappoint her.

At long last, the Sith turned around to face her. The first part of the challenge was fulfilled.
"I could send a blaster bolt straight through your cranium in the time it takes you to choke me", warned the Mandalorian with a certain touch of disdain... something that only made her next action all the more intriguing. Slowly, she reached for something below her jetpack, revealing the object to the woman before her as she took a step forward.

A lightsaber.

"
You can talk if you like. But even if I am not convinced by your words, I am not going to shoot you like a dog- I am not like your kind. I will give you this, and we will fight. I sincerely hope you are a better warrior than you are an orator."

370d9lz.png

"I've no reason to lie. Not here. Not on a world of light." Well, technically she could. If she was still Sith, this would be just the kind of world to infiltrate and destroy from the inside. That line of thought though only made Alina grimace. Of course it'd be impossible to believe the Vampiress, then. She let out a heavy sigh.

"What I am responsible for I will own up to. Fighting in wars as a child. Killing my opponents. I've done as any soldier would." Startlingly, to herself at least, she never truly did anything that could be considered evil. Or at least, well. There was that one time when she first turned and she devoured a gang. Not that anyone knew it was her, but still. That alone was likely the evilest act she could commit.

Honor and the want to change the Sith kept her good. A soft smile formed for a moment. Maybe she wasn't as far gone as she assumed. A smile that faded as the Mandalorian reached under her jetpack.

"That so.."

Her voice trailed off as she eyed the lightsaber. Honorable combat. Another heavy sigh escaped the woman as she stepped closer, raising a hand to accept it.

"Honor will cost your head, one day. That's what the Sith taught me." She'd step closer and closer, not stopping unless Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze demanded such. And certainly not looking like she was going to strike. She had no reason to. There was still a chance for this not to end in bloodshed.

"Though I do appreciate the chance. Quinn would be so furious if I just up and died on her."

"Enough! I've heard enough lies from jetii and dar'jetii alike for a lifetime!"
The outburst was the most emotion she had shown so far- and it was more of an authoritative bark than a rage-filled scream. Even now, she had to keep a cool head if she was to triumph over the Sith, and avenge her people. And yet, even as she began to plan her attack, the perceptive owl could not help but notice the softness of that smile, the serenity of the woman's expression... and it was enough to give her pause, even for a second. Dismissing it as yet another attempt to deceive her, she repressed a groan, staring at the woman as she approached.

"Honor makes us what we are, Sith. It makes us strong, but keeps us honest. This is the way."
Her tone took a solemn turn, calm overtaking her senses. Perhaps this was why she tracked down the Sith- not to exact vengeance, but to feel the peace that came before battle, the only time where she truly felt in accordance with the will of her lost clan.

"That's far enough, Sith. Take this, say your piece, then let us see who is the greater warrior."
Tossing the lightsaber to the vampiric being as she approached, she fully sank into her stance, hand hovering above her blaster. Perhaps it was fitting that she remained blind to the greater tragedy of this situation- that for all of her codes and honor, she was the one instigating conflict with the force-wielder, not the other way around.

370d9lz.png

There was no going back. Alina deftly caught the saber as it was tossed her way. She idly tossed the weapon in her hand, feeling it's weight. It's balance. It wasn't her own saber, but her own was made more to strike down Force users. So this would have to do. A much sadder smile formed as she ignited the crimson blade, gazing along it. How long had it been since she stashed away her own weapons and armor? All in a hopes she'd never have to use them again.

Such a foolish thought.

"I'll try my best not to end your life. Perhaps, when you've had your fill, we can truly speak." Slowly the woman reached up, pulling off the shades she wore to toss them aside. The corrupted golden yellow of her eyes burned with that unnatural glow. No Sith had their eyes truly glow without reason, and rarely did one choose it on their own. That was just an effect of her blood. The Sangnir. A cold determination took hold on the Vampiress's face as she stared down Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze .

Her demons would all catch up one day. But so long as Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin loved her, Alina would not lay down and die. She would fight to survive. No matter what. She took a breath as she lowered herself, lifting the blade in both hands. Gone was the desire to end this peacefully. Instead, it was the hard, emotionless mask she used to fight. Even months of peace couldn't dull the edge she had sharpened since the day she was born.

Then she was gone. Her power in the Force wasn't like other Sith. She couldn't rip buildings down. She couldn't cast forbidden spells. She couldn't inflict overwhelming dread. She could cut off the Force, but that didn't make her better.

It was the strength she got that had her once be a Sith Lord. She brought the borrowed blade around in a powerful, single strike. Aiming to take the Mandalorian by surprise with just how fast her inhuman body could be. Beskar should keep her from being cut down. Though the force behind it was a whole different subject.

There was no reply to the Sith's words- in fact, there seemed to be... genuinely no sound exiting the helmet. The Mandalorian was deathly silent, looking over her foe as she cast her shades aside, still unwilling to draw her blaster first, even as her foe allowed the borrowed lightsaber to come alive for the first time in months. The feeling of serenity and peace intensified; as if the tension preceding a battle filled her with purpose rather than anxiety, allowing her to take in details that would otherwise have flown under her radar. Even as she looked into those glowing eyes, she found none of the boundless rage she often read in the Sith, as if... something, or someone else fuelled her and gave her purpose.

This would be a good fight. Whoever was to emerge would be stronger for it.

She had planned to draw her blaster and shoot the Sith's knees, but her plans were thrown to the wind before the supernatural nature of the woman's swings. With just enough time to raise her bracers towards the woman, she was taken aback by the sheer strength behind the strike, forced back by the power behind it: and yet, she still refused to let out so much as a grunt, charging back in with feline speed. Her hope was to to get too close for the woman to be able to swing the sword, aiming to seize the wrist holding the blade... and slam her helmet-clad head against her own.

Her reliance on agility and speed was far from a reluctance to use brute strength, after all.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

Alina kept her blade pressed forward, trying to keep the pressure on the Mandalorian. Only, she slipped past. Under. Smart. Another life and the woman would be smiling. And yet, all she had was that grim, determined expression. She couldn't, not for what this was. Her wrist was snatched, and the armored woman kept getting closer. Was that her plan?

She brought her head down all the same. For a normal person, it'd be foolish. But she wasn't normal. Her forehead crashed into the helmet with far too much force, yet not even her skin would be bruised. She was inhuman. A monster. She let go of her saber with her free hand, bringing around a fist to slam into the Mandalorian's stomach. If Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze wanted to fight a Sith, she'd soon see just how terrible they could get.

Jenn had never been the kind of woman to underestimate an opponent, and yet... she could not deny the fact that this Sith was stronger than she had anticipated. More often than not, her kind relied on the Force as a tool, making them exposed for her weaponry- but this woman was clearly not so weak as her peers. She had honed her skills in close quarters combat in a manner that went beyond mastering the lightsaber, and thte Mandalorian felt a surge of pride, knowing that Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru was truly giving her a run for her money.

When the inhuman force-wielder met the motion of her head, she was well and truly taken aback. The beskar was hardly going to crack, of course- but that simply didn't matter. The force of the blow left her shambling backwards for a moment, her face slamming against the inside of her helmet as such a surprising show of strength was made. Another strike followed, slamming into her stomach with force and knocking the air out of her, leaving the warrior in a position of vulnerability.

She had to regain the upper hand if she was to survive, and fast. Jenn knew when she was outmatched in terms of strength, however- and so she resolved to use what she had... and activated her jetpack. She seemed to retreat at first, as if she aimed to escape the grasp of the Sith; and then, using the momentum, she turned it off once more after her feet passed by her foe's shoulders, hoping to slam her fist against the Sith's face as she came down from the air!

370d9lz.png

There it was. The strength that Mandalorian's had wasn't from the Force. What made them deadly was their armor. Their training with it. Where a Sith might spend their life mastering the forbidden knowledge of Sorcery, a Mandalorian would spend it training their bodies and minds to integrate the very armor they wore as a second skin. It was something Alina admired and respected. And once sought to overcome. Her brand of fighting left her all too vulnerable to those in Beskar and other lightsaber resistant materials.

In another life, not even her strength in hand to hand would help.

Her gaze eerily followed Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze as she took off from the ground. Jetpacks were fast. Now released from the woman's grasp she had every intention of catching the woman by her ankle and slamming her to the ground. Alina had proven her strength and speed was too much at close range. Better to come from a distance. Use the blaster. The missiles. All the technology the Mandalorian had to offer.

She could only blink in surprise as instead a fist slammed into her cheek. The Vampiress stumbled as the coppery taste of blood filled her mouth. A large, dull purple bruise already spread across her otherwise fair skin. But now it was obvious. Before, the headbutt, she didn't take the blow without damage. As Alina reached up to rub where she was hit, the wound was already fading. Healing.

"I didn't think you'd want a brawl." The borrowed saber was cast aside as the once Sith lifted her fists. It was a full on boxing stance, arms close to her chest. Hands up to guard her face. "I can accommodate that."

At long last, Jenn managed to inflict some measure of damage on the Sith- a fact that brought a ferocious smile to her face, the Mandalorian's spirits raised by the notion. Just as she put some distance between the two of them following such a hit, she found her foe already healing from the vicious strike, claiming a sneer from the Mandalorian. Far from being well-versed into the ways of the Jedi and the Sith, she knew about a certain amount of their powers, but lacked the deeper understanding that only a force-wielder could possess.

The way she was seeing things, she had two options before her: inflict as much damage in quick succession to the Sith as possible... or wear her out, banking on the hypothesis that her healing factor would be unable to keep up with continued damage. As the woman moved into a boxing stance, she re-evaluated her options. She could consider the rapid healing to be a manner of "cheating" by her opponent and employ her full arsenal... but that would be cowardly, especially after her foe cast aside her lightsaber.

"You are strong."
These were the first words she had spoken since the beginning of their fight, and they seemed earnest- a begrudging sign of respect towards the woman she intended to kill, a recognition of her skills.
"You do your lover proud."

Ah, so she had noted that little detail earlier, hadn't she? There was nothing unusual about the comment in the eyes of the Mandalorian- there was nothing more righteous to her than to fight for the sake of one's family, and her words were charged with the martial respect that had allowed this duel in the first place. And then, after speaking those words, she let her jetpack roar to life again- but this time, she flew right at her foe, aiming to slam into her and force her on the ground!

370d9lz.png

"Why do you think I left the Sith?" Another, subtle attempt at ending this without violence. Far more like a Jedi than she'd like to admit. She wasn't Sith anymore, but she still didn't want to be a Jedi. That was a whole other story, though. The woman caught the jetpack enhanced tackle. It nearly threw her over, just from the force behind it. Sent her sliding across the ground even, feet desperate to try and find purchase. She did, after a moment. Well, really just reached a wall and braced her feet against it.

Then she twisted. Trying to hook an arm around Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze to send her slamming into the wall.

As the Sith spoke once more, the words that left her lips were dismissed as yet another lie by the Mandalorian- an attempt to spoil her focus and gain the upper hand. No, the only thing that mattered was the struggle between the two as she tried to end the fight before the healing factor allowed her foe to tire her out- if she could simply force her to the ground, then victory would be at hand! As with most plans, however, it all fell apart when her opponent defied her expectations once more, bracing against the wall... and slamming the Mandalorian against the wall, completely knocking the wind out of her.

Her breathing was ragged, her motions slow and clumsy: the Sith's inhuman strength made the impact against the wall that much harder for her to recover from, her ears ringing as she tried to put some distance between the two... and stumbled down onto the ground.

370d9lz.png

Alina let out a breath as she stepped away from Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze . In a real fight, this would be a perfect time to continue. Strike down the Mandalorian before she got her wits back. But the woman didn't want this fight. And it wasn't like it was a real fight anyway. If it was, Alina would be facing down missiles, flamethrowers, the works of the fearsome Mandalorian armory. So instead she just watched.

"I'm not normal, even among Sith. Holding to whatever rules you've given yourself isn't going to get you a win. We don't have to fight. I'm not Sith. And I'm not gonna fulfill whatever death wish you have."

The Mandalorian could only grit her teeth as she gathered the will to slowly muster to her feet, leaning against the wall for support as she did so. The threatening silence was gone now, replaced by wheezing as she desperately tried to get back into the fight, pushing her back against the wall and turning to face her foe. The temptation to raise her arms and blast her with the wrist-rocket and the wrist-mounted flame projector was there, and yet... it would be a false victory- the kind leaving only the taste of ashes in one's mouth.

"Our codes are what keeps us from becoming monsters, like the rest of your kind."
Jenn spat out the words angrily, but nonetheless accepted defeat- she had lost, and that was that. Allowing the exertion to take a hold of her, she slumped down to the ground once more, visor still turned towards her enemy.

"You've won. Speak your piece, warrior."
Well, that was always better than calling her "Sith", at any rate.

370d9lz.png

"Codes can be warped and make you into a monster without even realizing it." Alina's gaze dipped to her hand. The one that had punched the Mandalorian. Knuckles that should of been broken had barely bruised in the initial punch. And had already healed. A reminder of just how different she was now. The woman let out a sigh as she stepped over to the bench to plop down.

"I'm not a Sith. Not anymore. Like I told you before. I lived my life trying to prove myself to my family. As an acolyte I watched many of my fellows die. Slaughtered and sent to fight for Lords too lazy or bloodthirsty to care about their lives. I wanted to change it. Protect the young. Then it almost cost the life of the woman I love. So, when the Empire fell, we left. Now I'm here, living as a civilian."

Bit of a ramble, but there was a lot to get off her chest. And other than Quinn, there was no one to talk to. A sad sort of smile took over the Vampiress's features as she stared at the ground. "I lost so much for the Empire. For the Sith. I was a noble. In charge of armies. Acolytes. .. Now I'm nothing."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

To her credit, the Mandalorian did not interrupt Alina once during her ramblings: she remained there, with her back to the wall and an arm resting over her knee as she listened to her words. Even as the words burned her lips, she refused to speak them - to figuratively speak in the face of the victor and remind her that one could never stop being a Sith. When she finally gathered the strength to get up to her feet once again, it was with a groan of exertion- and, uncaring of how her body screamed at her to stop being so stubborn, she walked over to the former Sith, standing in front of her with a hand pressed against her side.

"No. Now, you are free. What happens next is up to you- what you become is in your hands."
She paused, realizing how pitiful her attempt to convey her opinion was. Who was she to give such counsel to a woman she barely knew? And yet, in spite of her misgivings, she kept talking, her usually quiet demeanour banished by this peculiar force-wielder.

"I won't kill you."
There was a sharp inhale followings those words, and she grit her teeth at the realization that may just need to check for broken bones after all. Not now, of course- not in front of someone who had thoroughly beaten her.
"I won't kill you, because you won our scuffle. Because you can still walk another path. And because I take no pleasure in tearing lovers from one another."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom