Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party (Mirshko)

Mirshko Betna

Daughter of Arrbi and Anija
[member="Kuryr"]

She spent a few more minutes looking around the room until she found the door. It was now that she hesitated. She wasn't sure what she would say to him. This wasn't something she'd dealt with before, and she was nervous and confused. Taking a deep breath, she curled her fingers around the small black stone in her pocket and breathed, trying to calm herself. She didn't dare touch the Force. She remembered how he'd not liked that.

After a few more deep breaths, she reached out and grasped the old-fashioned handle, turning it slowly. Tugging firmly at it, the door opened slowly, and though it was old-fashioned, the hinges did not creak. Of that she was glad. Though, she was fairly certain that Kuryr knew she was awake already. She stepped through into the other room, and her eyes widened as she saw shelf upon shelf of books... real books. She'd only seen a handful around the Betna homestead, and they were well-kept. Mostly journals of the ancestors.

As her gaze swept the room, she noticed Kuryr sitting in one of the chairs in the room, a drink in his hand. Even from here she could smell the alcohol. She knew it was him from the face. As to the other, she didn't know who the woman was. Though, the collar around the woman's neck made her frown for a moment, and she hesitated briefly before making her way towards them. And, it was all she could do not to trip over the hem of the dress. Oh yes, it was probably quite hilarious to watch.

The door opened quietly and she walked into the room slowly, he notices that she was unsure of everything, even of her own steps as she almost fell at least once as she walked into the room. His smile was hard to hide and his eyes focused fully on her. Her hair was tightly braided and the turquoise dress fit her perfectly, despite her inability to walk in it. " You look lovely my prud'ika." He said, his voice was filled with joy, even if it was only partially honest. He did think she looked good when she wasn't a miserable prisoner, but the joy was half true as he really only wanted her to believe he deeply cared for her. Turning to the slave in the room he again smiles, " Nula,you did a wonderful job of cleaning her up. "

He stood and motioned to the couch, " Please, Mirshko, sit down. How do you feel now? did you sleep well" As she approached he would guide her to the couch before pulling the chair he was in closer to her, like any concerned family member would. " I am sorry for the rude treatment earlier, I should have treated you better." He continued as he sat down.

He wanted to ask her hundreds of questions about her life and her post, but he wanted to keep her at ease. He wanted to just shred her mind with the force, but that would destroy her and that would put all of this work to an end. He would also lose an ally as well. That wasn't something he wanted to do, he despised waste. As he sat back in the chair he decided on the next action, " I have been rude to you, so I will allow you to ask any question that you would like. And I will answer it, no lies or tricks." He smiled as he sipped on his drink. " So ask away."

In the corner the slave didn't move at all, her eyes were cast down looking at the floor and her hands never moved from their spot in front of her.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

She hesitated for a moment, and grasped the fabric of her dress in one hand as she moved towards the couch. She was still trying to make sense of everything. Her free hand found the stone in her pocket as she sat down. She felt Kuryr's hand on her back. It helped to steady her before she sat down.

"I slept alright," she said quietly, laying her hands in her lap now. "I still feel tired, though. Could I have some water?" She frowned slightly at his next statement. "Why treat me like that?" She wasn't being accusatory, but honestly wanted to know. She paused to look around. "Where are we...And why am I here, ori'vod?" She still didn't fully trust him, but she was trying to. She knew he wanted her to.

listening to her speak, kuryr nodded and smiled, before he could even turn to motion for the slave, Nula was in motion. She moved forward to the little bar and filled an ornate glass with water and moved towards the two of them sitting on the couch, " Here is your water Lady Mirshko." She said, holding out the glass. As soon as it was taken from her hands she moved back to her original position, her movements too fluid to be robotic, but her actions seeming almost programmed into her.

" I did not want to treat you like that, my Prud'ika. There are so many false mandalorians in the galaxy today, I needed to converse with you to ascertain that you were what I was hoping you would be." He sat back and let his words sit in the air for a few moments while she sipped at her water. She had cleaned up well and he was very happy that she was at least accepting the situation for what it was. " As to where we are it is called a shadowport. Much like a regular spaceport, but used only by pirates and criminals. It is very safe here, please don't worry about that, I would never let anyone harm you." The truth in his words sounded sincere because he really didn't want anyone to hurt her, he had great plans for her future and it required her to know that he would protect her until she was fully trained.

He thought about the last question carefully, he didn't want to make her seem any less important, he needed to make her seem special, a feeling that he knew all children wanted. "You are here because you decided to stowaway on my ship, remember? I had many people tell me that keeping alive after we caught you would be a bad idea, but I could feel that there was something special about you. You are brave beyond your years and skillful for your age. Once I knew you were vod, My Prud'ika, I had to ensure that you were trained properly. It is my main goal to ensure that you are receive the training you desire and much more." He placed a hand on her shoulder as he spoke, almost fatherly. His eyes appeared to soften and he smiled warmly at her. "You are family now, Mirshko. There is nothing I wouldn't do to help you become the greatest warrior to ever wear beskar'gam."

He sat back and regained his composure, he had managed to make the last couple of sentences seem as sincere as he possibly could, he hoped that she would feel that way too, using the force to make himself appear sincere was a trick he could perform all day and not struggle. " And speaking of being a great warrior, I can feel that you are sensitive to the force. Have you had much formal force related training? I too am strong in the force and I would gladly take you on as my apprentice if you would like."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

Mirshko watched the Twi'lek out of the corner of her eye, blushing slightly - both at how Nula addressed her, and the new nickname Kuryr seemed to have found for her. A faint frown crossed her face at Nula's words, but she nodded politely and whispered her thanks. She looked over at him as she sipped slowly at the water. "False Mandalorians... you mean like... Kyr'tsad? Or something else?" She wasn't overly familiar with them, but mostly knew of them through various historical reports and accounts.

When he talked about where they were, she frowned ever so slightly. A shadowport. Which was known only by people like him. She noted how he'd not mentioned which planet they were on. Intentionally, she was sure. And, she was sure he'd never let anyone hurt her. But as to the rest of it... all she really had to go on was what he was saying... and the emotions she was feeling. She felt... safe. And yet, she was still cautious. Something her parents had always taught her.

"Why would they want to kill me...?" she whispered, peeking at him from over the rimm of her glass. The thought scared her slightly, and unconsciously, she scooted closer to him on the couch. Between all the emotions he was projecting at her, they were beginning to take affect to a degree. She felt his hand come to rest on her shoulder, and for a very brief instant, she stiffened before relaxing. He couldn't be all bad... He'd saved her... and he was giving her a place to stay... even if she couldn't leave it... for her safety.

At his last question, she found herself squirming for a moment before she willed herself still. He was just trying to help her... right? Right. She eyed him for a moment over the rim of her glass. He could tell she was sensitive. Which meant he was probably of the same level as she was, but more than likely, he'd had a good deal more training. She eyed him speculatively before she answered. "I've had some training, yes.." she said after a moment, keeping her gaze on his. And for now, she was able to tamp down on her case of nerves, and breathe it out. "What... all would that entail..?" she asked. Always better to get more information before agreeing to something.

He watched her as she took the water and sipped at it lightly, she was as confused as ever, by everything that he had said, she didn't ask questions that he thought she would, which was good, it meant she trusted him enough not to wonder about them. " Yes, you know of them as well." He said with a frown. " There are many that wear out armor because they want the reputation that our ancestors have gained. They seek the easy road to success, and not the trials and training that actually makes us successful. They are no better than scum if you ask me." He smiled as he sat back

"Many people saw your presence on the ship as a bad omen. They assumed that you were part of a vanguard of warriors that were hidden around the ship. It was only your craftiness and your sensitivity to the force that saved you. I felt the spark within you, and the longer I am near you, the more I am convinced that there is greatness within you." He took another sip of his drink, his eyes never leaving hers as he talked. He wanted her to know that she was worth his attention, that when she was around he would focus on her. " That leads me to training you. It is wise of you to ask before you jump in. Your cautiousness far out paces your age." Again he smiled, never once losing his calming and trusting projections as he spoke. " We will start with basic abilities and training, so I can get a sense of exactly where you are and what you know. Nothing great happened in one sitting, we will train hard, if you are up to the challenge that is."

He finished his drink and stretched, " Perhaps you would care to join me on a walk of the station? " He turned to Nula." Would you please grab a pair of shoes for Lady Mirshko." He watched as the slave scurried into the other room. " I will give you a tour of the station and let you see just where we are. If you are to be my apprentice, you cannot be locked away in some room all of the time. However I have one request. When you do leave this room, you must take Nula and a guard with you. "

As he finished Nula returned with a fancy looking pair of shoes that matched the young girl's dress. She knelt down in front of the girl and bowed her head. " Allow me to assist you, Lady Mirshko." She said as she slipped the shoes onto her feet. once she had done that she retreated back to her original place in the room.

"Nula is your personal handmaiden, she will take care of you no matter how small the task. It is her only duty. She will be available at any time, no matter what you need." He looked over at the slave, " Isn't that right, Nula?"

"Yes, master." The slaves said, not even looking up as she did so.

Kuryr stood and held out a large hand to the girl a smile on his face. " Come my Prud'ika, let me show you your kingdom."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

He sure talked a lot. But what he told her was useful information for the most part. Though, she noticed he did leave out certain things. It wasn't the type of thing she really wanted to bring attention to though, as it might make him mad. She really wanted to talk to her parents, but she had the feeling he'd say no. And not knowing exactly where they were made it rather difficult as well. She sighed to herself and just contented herself with listening for now.

He'd not hurt her in any way, really. And, he was providing food and clothing for her, though of a quality much higher than she was used to. Betna Clan lived simply. And she was fine with that. But this...the finery and the attention, it all made her uncomfortable. Not that she didn't enjoy it. Oh, she did! But, it made her wonder where it all came from. She knew in a general sense what pirates did, so she could guess where it came from.

The prospect of learning new abilities was exciting! Though, she wondered why he had a sudden interest in it. It was obvious that he knew of her natural ability with stealth. She'd eluded his crew for hours. And, she'd enjoyed that challenge, though it had also scared her to death! But, he was offering. He'd offered her a lot of things in the space of mere hours, and it left her head spinning. Did she want to accept? Feth yes! Who wouldn't want to learn their abilities better? But was it wise? She didn't know. Probably not. But, her mind didn't really work that way... yet.

She frowned slightly as she watched Nula disappear into the other room to fetch the shoes. Not something she'd every really get used to... having someone else wait on her. When the Twi'lek returned with the shoes, Mirshko gasped. The shoes were flats in her size. A soft, yet slightly stiff satin in the same turqouise fabric as the dress made up the body of the shoe. They were both covered in small sparkling beadwork which matched what was on the dress.

When Nula had finished and retreated, Marin sighed and nodded at Kuryr's words. It seemed she couldn't go anywhere in this place by herself. When he stood and offered his hand, she took it shyly, pushing to her feet carefully as she tried to get a feeling of the new shoes.

She took his hand, and he could feel her hesitate to do even that, but once their hands were joined she relaxed a bit. She didn't have anything to add to the conversation, but he did notice that her eyes followed everything that was happening. He would have to keep an eye on that, she would possibly see things that he didn't want her too, it was something that would bear watching. He guided her to the door and asd it opened a large pirate could be seen standing off to one side, a blaster rifle in his hands. With a nod the mad stepped aside and allowed the two the space needed to leave.

The corridors were sparse and a bit rundown, the paint was chipped and rust covered a good portion of the surfaces. " This shadowport has no official name, we all call it 'Pirate's Bay'. mostly because they attract a lot of pirates here. It is located in the Syvis system." He looked down as he spoke, he wanted her to know that he was talking TO her, and not AT her. " Should you agree to become my apprentice, you will be learning a great many things you would never learn if you trained with anyone else. For instance, I do not use a lightsaber. I prefer a real sword in my hands., I will teach you swordplay as well."

They rounded a corner into a smaller section of the port, there were no people around and there was a long hallway with only a single door along the left wall. As they approached the door, it opened and a well dressed female cathar stepped out. " Kuryr, we have a problem. We found Joten, he was in the hold, the twins saw him stuffing his pockets with jewels from the last job." She looked down at Mirshko and frowned, " I'm sorry, you're busy."

Before she could continue Kuryr held up a hand, " It is ok, this cannot wait, it must be dealt with immediately. Please close the door, we will be inside to see Loten shortly. " He turned to face Mirshko and sighed, " What do we do to vod who have stolen from us, when they have broken the sacred vows of brotherhood." He paused for a second before continuing. "What would your clan do with someone like that? A traitor." He asked her. This test had been staged well in advance, something he had decided that she needed to see, and his question to her was something that he was very curious to hear her answer.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

She felt Kuryr's gaze on her and looked up. She'd been watching everything, and he'd noticed. She flushed slightly and looked away for a moment. She'd have to be more careful. When they left her rooms, she glanced at the pirate guarding the door before looking away. All to "protect" her.

She walked along beside him as they made their way through the shadow port. It looked to be quite old and heavily used. She never thought that piracy as a way of life was so.. active. But here she could see that it was. She continued to walk with him and listen, quietly storing away information.

Mirshko wasn't stupid. But at the same time, she had the feeling Kuryr felt he was in control. For now, he was. And she would continue to listen and glean information as she could. When he mentioned learning the sword, she looked up at him and smiled. "I'd like to learn the sword..." She said firmly, a note of excitement in her voice.

She fell silent again as they turned into another corridor. This one mostly empty save for the one door. When the Cathar approached, she looked up at Kuryr for a moment before sneaking a look at the woman. She listened intently to what the woman was saying, though she tried to act like she was bored. She'd been enjoying the tour.

When Kuryr asked his question, she frowned and glanced towards the woman. Not something she'd expected. Nervously, she shifted from one foot to the other as she thought about it. Only Da had ever really put her on the spot like this. "They would be punished. Most often by running a gauntlet of stones or knives, or a period offorced hard labor. Mining by hand most, commonly."

He nodded and thought about her response to the question, not wanting to drag this out any longer, mostly because she was much too observant. He guided her towards the door and opened it , allowing her to enter first. Inside there were two pirates and the cathar standing next to a pirate that had obviously been beaten up, his face covered in dark bruises. He was sitting in a chair with his hands behind his back. Kuryr sighed and shook his head as he spoke. " Loten, you disappoint me. We have given you everything, a home and a chance at greatness." He stepped behind Mirshko, placing a hand softly on each shoulder. "Lady Mirshko has decided your punishment. You will be sent to Korriban, where you will spend the next 6 months working in the ruins." He nodded and sighed.

The cathar in the room glanced over at Mirshko and gave an approving nod, almost as if she had passed some sort of test. With little fanfare Kuryr led the girl back out of the room. " I am sorry that you had to see that, Prud'ika. it always saddens me when the people you rely on turn against you." He took her hand again and led her towards the end of the hallway. "I don't know about you, but I have had enough of this talk." As they rounded the corner, a wave of sound seemed to crash into them. The hallway broke off into a large room, with many different beings. On all sides there were merchants and vendors, selling everything imaginable, and a few things that seemed too exotic to be true.

As they entered the large open area he spread his hands out. " This is the marketplace. It is where most of the pirates and smugglers go to sell the wares they have gained through various jobs. If you are looking for something it will be here." He guided her towards the center of the marketplace, where she had a chance to see everything that was happening. Colors threatened to blind the eye and the various smells of spices and cooking food overwhelmed the nose. it was loud and crowded, but everyone seemed jovial, laughter filled the air and the mood was remarkably light. In the distance music could be heard, a fast happy sounding song. Kuryr smiled as the girl took everything in. " Pick something, anything at all that you want, and I will get it for you."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

As Mirshko entered the troom, she stopped short as she saw the other man bound to the chair. She'd not been in a similar situation before, but she'd seen the after-effects of Mom's duel with Draco. It hadn't ended well. And whatever had been done to this man seemed similar. She frowned slightly, but then sighed. Whatever Kuryr was playing at, he wanted her to see this. For what reason, she couldn't figure out. She chewed at the inside of her cheek for a moment and just breathed, trying to keep calm. When Kuryr placed his hands on her shoulders, she didn't flinch. She was becoming used to the contact.

She watched the man as calmly as she could, her eyes locked on his face as she heard Kuryr pronounce his sentence. She saw his face cloud briefly, and then, it was if a mask had fallen into place. Tucking her hands into the sleeves of her dress, Mirshko watched him for a moment more, but said nothing. What could she say to something like that? She hesitated to reach out to sense him in the Force, but she didn't look away.

Mirshko felt the woman's gaze on her and looked up to see the woman nod. She approved of.. something. As if this was some sort of.. test. Mirshko frowned at the thought and then shook her head. Why would Kuryr be testing her... like this? Unless he wanted to find out if she would be a good fit to be his student? How this sort of test told him that, she didn't know. For the moment, she dismissed it and followed him back out of the room and down the hall.

When they entered the market, Mirshko gasped. She'd seen similar things back home, and around Keldabe. But this... It was different somehow. The music and the scents of cooking meats and other foods were tantalizing. She followed Kuryr into the middle of the marketplace, her eyes wide. She could feel her stomach rumble slightly from the strong scent of various foods. "I think... some food might be a good idea first..." she suggested with a bit of a smile as she tugged on his hand. "And then maybe we can look at some of the jewelry and weapons?"

Privately, she was curious what was to be had for jewelry. She'd never really worn any, as Mandalorians were very practical people. And well, if she was being honest with herself, she was starting to enjoy the opportunity to explore that a bit.

He watched as he eyes went wide with awe, the market had that effect on people that were new, but to a child, it had to be like a big party. Honestly as long as you had credits to burn it was exactly that. She was looking around, her eyes picking up on everything focusing on one thing before moving on to the next one. He smiled a bit at her innocence, he did enjoy seeing her look happy, it made her forget all about the situation. She grabbed onto his hand all on her own, she was so caught up in the excitement that she had relaxed enough to just allow him to be her ori'vod. He chuckled as she pulled him into the crowded marketplace, towards a row of vendors that were selling spiced meats on a stick. " Easy, Prud'ika, the food isn't going to go anywhere. I promise." As they approached the first vendor he nodded and held up two fingers, " Can we have two kabobs and two glasses of your uji fruit juice." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a couple of cred chips and handed them to the old and ragged looking human behind the booth.

He handed one of the meat kabobs, over to Mirshko as well as a cup of the juice. " Be careful now. You wouldn't want to ruin your dress by making a mess. Eat it slowly it's really good." He knew that the uji juice would help her feel at home, since they were a common enough fruit that was used my mandalorians. He was counting on her feeling more comfortable because of it. He chewed on the meat for a bit, watching her eat, her eyes never stopped moving. He was impressed with her curiosity, he was going to have to test her ability to remember faces and things in the coming days, he could make her inquisitive nature a useful tool.

" Lets keep walking, my Prud'ika, the advantage of these sticks is that we can continue to look around." He started forward at a slow pace, allowing her still unsure feet the chance to get used to the formal dress shoes. He kept walking, past stands filled with a variety of clothing, some of it appeared to be armor, others appeared to just be exotic looking clothes. He turned deped into the marketplace and came to a stop in front of a row of vendors selling every type of jewelry that one could imagine. Rings, bracelets, necklaces, headbands, and even a crown or two. He looked down at the girl, a smile on his face. " I am sure that there is something here that you will like. Pick your favorite thing here, take your time, look around and find the perfect piece. I will buy it for you. And every time I feel you have progressed with your training we will come back for another piece. How does that sound?"

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

As they got closer to the booth, MIrshko sighed and slowed down as he suggested. She was hungry! And it was hard to ignore such wonderful aromas. Shuffling her feet for a moment, she nodded, and kept her grip on his hand for the moment. It helped to steady her a bit as she walked in the unfamiliar shoes, and it helped her get a slightly better read on his emotions. Not that she was focusing on it. Like her mother, touch seemed to bring a bit more clarity to such things.

Though, she still couldn't get much beyond his sincerity and his desire to help her. Shrugging mentally, she pushed that to the side for now and decided to focus more on the food. As he'd said, it wasn't going anywhere, but she wanted to eat now. A grin crossed her face at the mention of the uji fruit juice. She'd drank it quite often growing up, and always enjoyed the taste of it. Letting go of his hand, she carefully accepted both items, making sure to wrap the end of the kabob in a napkin so as not to spill anything on her dress. Whether it would actually be successful remained to be seen.

She ate slowly, savoring the warmth and spicy flavor of the meat. It wasn't unlike things she'd eaten at home. She continued to eat as they walked, occasionally washing down the meat with a sip of her juice. Her feet were a bit sore from the new shoes, but she knew with time, the fabric would relax a bit and form to her feet, as it did with a pair of well-worn boots. For now, she tried to use the sensation to help keep her focused. Her curiosity had a tendency of making her thoughts wander. Though, she could remember things well.

Swallowing the last bite of her kabob, she grinned at him. "I like that idea... very much.." she said firmly, and playfully reached out to try and grab the remains of his kabob from his hand as she looked around at the various jewelry pieces. There were so many! Her eyes were wide with wonder as she turned slowly and moved forward to look closely at a few. It took several minutes, but eventually, she settled on a rather dainty headband with bits of turquoise and pearls worked into it. "I'd like this one..."

He laughed as she swiped the kabob from his hand, she was growing and she would eat a lot in the coming months. Add in her training and she would be eating almost constantly when she wasn't training. He was glad that she had agreed to his idea about the jewelry. It was something that he would have to remember, it was one of the many things he could use to keep control of her. As she browsed the many items that the vendor sold, his mind wandered to her family, they were probably one of those functional families that didn't care much for appearance or fashion, and while it wasn't the most important thing in his life, he understood the value of looking good. She pulled out a simple headband that had a few pearls and some colors that matched her dress and he smiled. " I think that is a lovely choice, Mirshko." He took it from her. "Allow me, my Prud'ika." He smoothed out her hair a bit and he slipped the headband onto her head adjusting it just a little bit so that it fit perfectly.

He stepped back and smiled, she really did look likely in the matching dress and shoes. " There, you look lovely, like a little princess." He said as he pushed her forward a bit so that she could see herself in the mirror that was next to the stand. While she was looking at herself he pulled out a few more cred ships and handed them to the vendor, again he wasn't even concerned about the price. He wanted her to be happy and that was that mattered.

He moved to where she was standing in front of the mirror and squatted down behind her. " You look so lovely, the dress, the headband, all of it. But there is one thing missing." He sighed and frowned a bit as his hand reached into his pocket. " You need a necklace to wear. Princesses have necklaces too." He moved his hand around over her shoulder and opened it slowly, allowing a simple looking necklace to dangle in front of her eyes. It had been taken off of her when they captured her, and he had hoped to be able to give it back to her in a setting just like this. He moved his hands so that he could connect the chain together around her neck, adjusting it slightly so that it sat perfectly on her. He knew what it was, but she would feel more comfortable with something that was from her past. He was willing to take the risk of her having the miniature weapon on her, it would make her feel more secure. " I kept it safe for you until you were ready for it again." He whispered in her ear as he stood back to get a good look at her.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

There were so many pretty things! Her eyes wandered from one to the next as she stood near the vendor stall. When Kuryr touched her this time, she didn't flinch. She was finally starting to relax. The market kept drawing her attention and she found herself watching the other patrons in the area. Sighing softly, she stood still as Kuryr took the headband and carefully placed it on her head.

It did remind her of when mom would brush out her hair and braid it in the mornings. That thought caused her to sigh again. With his gentle nudge, she moved forward towards the mirror. And she had to agree. She really liked how the whole outfit made her look. And it made her feel good.

When he mentioned one thing missing, she turned slightly to look at him. And when he held it in front of her, she gasped. It was the special necklace Mom had given to her only a few weeks ago. Her eyes widened in surprise as she felt him carefully place it around her neck. She knew what it really was, and she was surprised that he was giving it back. Did he actually know what it was? Likely. But she had no way to know for sure. It was hard to get a good read on him beyond the surface feelings.

A slight blush touched her cheeks as she looked up and meet his gaze in the mirror. Having it back did help her relax a bit more. "Thank you...." she said softly, reaching out to take his hand firmly in hers after she tossed the kabob stick and her empty cup in a nearby trash bin.

He could feel her gratitude at having the necklace back, it had been a calculated risk given that it was also a weapon, but her reaction was enough to let him know he did the right thing. Her reaction to him giving it back had been completely positive, she even reached out fhr his hand all on her own. Her surface thoughts were all positive and he wanted to continue to keep her feeling positive towards him. "You look so lovely, Mirshko. I don't know if you have ever dressed up like this before, but it suits you. You should do it more often." He said as he began to guide them back the way they came." When I am not around, which won't be often, you are allowed to come to the market as much as you like. But remember that the jewelry is my special treat, so please do not buy any of it. The rest is fine. Nula will always have the money to buy anything that you desire."

As they left the marketplace it was less loud and much easier for them to talk, "I would like to begin a training session today. Something light and easy for you to handle, so that I may gauge your progress and learn what it is we need to focus on. After that we can build a training regime designed to maximize results. In no time you will see results." He was looking forward to working her to the point of exhaustion, the more tired she was the less likely she would be to try to sneak off. Part of his plan was indeed to train her, but all of the important stuff would come after she accepted her position as part of his crew, until then he would work her until she dropped.

As they reached her door they were greeted by a different pirate, this one a torgruta who opened the door to allow them to enter. Inside the room, they found Nuls standing in the same spot she had been in before they left, her eyes immediately fell to the floor as they entered. " I will meet you in cargo bay 3, Nula knows the location and will help you get there." He said as he let go of her hand, he was hoping that in time she would get so used to holding it that she would feel sad at the separation. He looked up at Nula as he continued. " Nula please help Lady Mirshko into her body glove and workout shoes and escort her to cargo bay 3."

"Yes, Master." Was the only thing she said as she moved forward. She placed a hand on the girls shoulder and began to guide her into the bedroom. Seeing that everything was taken care of, Kuryr turned and left, going to his own room to change before the training session began.

Inside of the bedroom, once the doors were closes Nula was a bit more firm with the girl. moving her with a lot less gare, her hands more like vice grips as she tried to help the girl out of her dress, " Stop squirming, you brat. I'm trying to get you ready for, master Kuryr." She said as she pulled the dress off, once it was off she gave the girl an inpatient look. "Well take your shoes off, you don't have all day." She moved to the wardrobe and pulled out the bodyglove and threw it at the girl, hitting her right in the chest. " Put that on, quickly!" She grabbed the soft soled boots that were in the bottom on the wardrobe and moved to help the girl into her clothes.

After what seemed like an eternity of pulling on clothes and yanking of arms the girl was dressed and ready to go. Nula the slave was a very demanding woman, fussing over every imperfection that she saw, the girl needed to be perfect, and nothing would deter her from that task, no matter how much the girl would object. " We must go now, we should have been at the cargo bay already. You're goofing off will surely get us yelled at master Kuryr."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

A smile crossed her face, and she looked up at him as they walked. "I'd like that. I've not really dressed up before, but I do like it, and how it looks..." she said quietly, as if she was telling him a secret. It wasn't so much that Mandalorians frowned on such things as taboo... they just... didn't have a habit of dressing in such a matter, as they found it impractical for their way of life. She tried to listen closely as they made their way out of the marketplace, but it was hard to hear him until they were back out in the corridor again.

The mention of training as they got back out into the corridor made her eyes light up. That was what she really wanted. Mom and Da hadn't really held her back - at least intentionally. But they were a bit... overprotective at times. At least she felt that way. Hopefully Kuryr wouldn't hold her back.... or would he? She had no way to know. But the mere mention of it got her grinning. It didn't take them long to get back to her room, and as they stepped inside, Mirshko gave the guard outside a fleeting glance before moving into the room beyond.

Nula was there as always, and Mirshko gave the woman a shy smile as they entered. She listened to the brief exchange between Kuryr and Nula, and chewed at her lower lip. She didn't really like the fact that the woman was made to do whatever Kuryr asked... but maybe she owed him a debt of some sort. It wasn't a question she even dared ask. So, for the moment, she pushed the thought aside and looked up at Kuryr as he mentioned where they would be meeting.

She felt Nula's hand settle on her shoulder, and had to breath out to calm herself. It was probably the first time the woman had touched her besides helping her to put on shoes. Honestly, she was wishing Kuryr would wait. But, he left quickly. As soon as he had, Mirshko felt Nula's grip on her arm tighten painfully. She hissed a curse and tried to pull away. It didn't do much good, as Nula marched her quickly into the other oom and shoved her towards the bed. Mirshko lifted her arms and tried to help Nula get the dress off, but all the Twi'lek did was glare at her impatiently.

Mirshko squirmed again uncomfortably under the woman's gaze and hastily pulled the shoes off and passed them to Nula. Barely seconds later, Nula turned and tossed the bodyglove at her. She'd not been expecting it, and fumbled it for a moment. As she was slipping into it, her foot caught, and she had to try again, all the while under Nula's impatient gaze. Sure, she'd trained how to dress quickly, but it was very different to do so with someone staring you down impatiently.

When she'd finally gotten it on after a couple minutes, Nula stepped back in, pulling and tugging here and there to adjust the bodyglove. And she didn't do so gently. either. Mirshko bit her lip as she felt the material bunch and pinch in a particularly senstive spot. She glared daggers at NUla and sat so the woman could help her put the boots on. When that was done, Nula jerked her to her feet with a vice-like grip on her wrist and practically dragged her from her room. As they stepped out into the corridor again, the same pirate fell in behind them, and stayed a few paces back as they made their way towards the cargo bay.

As they neared the entry, Nula relaxed her grip on Mirshko's arm, and stepped back, falling into her normal pose. MIrshko frowned, and shook her head at the woman. Sure, Nula was supposed to be her caretaker, but Mirshko was pretty sure that such didn't include treating her in the way she had. Sighing, she took a deep breath, and tugged her bodyglove straight as they stepped inside.

The cargo pay had been converted into a training facility for Kuryr when he had first arrived on the shadowport, being the most successful pirate had it's perks, many of them he took advantage of. You never knew when the status quo would change, piracy wasn't a business many people retired from. He had taken all of the storage crates and pushed them into the middle of the room, they were all arranged in order by size and all of the similar sized crated were separated by weight. It gave the room a very organized feel to it, something he liked when he trained. Order to his training is one of the many reasons he had survived as long as he had. When he had left Mirshko to the capable yet forceful hands of Nula, he had gone back to his room as well and had slipped into his own body glove and soft boots. He wasn't going to be working as hard as his little apprentice would be working, but by wearing what she wore he could form yet another bond with her.

The doors opened and Mirshko walked in followed by Nula. The slave was in her usual suplicated position with her hands folded on front of her with her head bowed. Kuryr could feel the anger flowing off of the girl as she entered, she was trying to remain calm, but he could tell that his special instructions had been followed to the letter. Nula's job was to make sure that the girl was always on edge when she was away from Kuryr. It was another tactic to endear the girl towards him, one that he knew would work, once it reached it's boiling point. " Ah, Prud'ika, you are early! I like that, it means you really want to train." He looked up at Nuls as he approached the girl. " Nula go back to the room and get clothing ready for Lady Mirshko for when we finish, and then begin to prepare dinner."

" Yes, master" the slave said with a slight bow as she turned and left.

Kuryr reached Mirshko and places a hand on her shoulder, " Are you ok? you seem tense. This will be an easy training session, I promise." He purposefully gave her the option to blame her tension on the training ahead, he wondered if she would take it or if she would tell him the truth about Nula. He wasn't sure what would happen, but he was happy with any outcome, because no matter what happened there would be a lesson that she learned from it

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

As Nula turned and left Mirshko frowned, though she did relax slightly as the woman disappeared. She took time to look around the converted space as they came closer to Kuryr. With the crates in the middle, there was certainly plenty of space around the room. She also noted how the crates were arranged. Such would serve well for an obstacle or agility course, she mused. Nervously, she turned back to Kuryr with an incredulous look. "Early..?" Surprise dripped from her tone. "Nula made it sound like we were going to be late..." She glared for a moment in the direction of the woman's retreating back.

When Kuryr moved closer and laid a hand on her shoulder, she flinched slightly. She'd almost trained herself out of that habit, but this incident put her on the defensive. Unconsciously, she moved closer to Kuryr. "I'll... be fine... I think..." she murmured. "I'm looking forward to it." She sighed, and looked away briefly as if trying to frame her thoughts. She hoped it was just a one-time thing.... but it really bothered her. "Just tell Nula to keep her hands off me. That....woman has... manhandled me and is..... just..." she broke off and sighed. "Sorry. It's probably nothing."

He listened to her speak of Nula, the way she had been treated and he could feel the anger flowing off of her with each word. He made a point of kneeling down so that they were as close to eye level as possible, he wanted her to know that her words were the center of his world, that he cared about her enough to take her seriously. He wrapped his arms around her, bringing her into a hug. Once his face was obscured, he couldn't help but smile, the plan had worked perfectly. As he pulled away he sighed, his hands still lightly wrapped around her arms. " I am sorry, Mirshko. I would have never brought her to you had I thought she would do those things to my little princess." He took a deep breath and let it out. As he rose he took her hand into his and frowned. " This cannot go unpunished. I had originally meant to train you on some simple telekinesis techniques but I see that today is going to be a different lesson."

He began to lead her back towards her room, his face set and his anger was clear even to his young charge. As he neared the door, the pirate that had been trying to play catch up with his boss and the girl ran past to open the door. The first room was empty but there was a slight humming sound coming from the bedroom of the small suite. " Nula!" Kuryr yelled. It was only moments before the slave appeared in the room, her face a mask of fear. " I told you to take care of my family. You were supposed to treat Lady Mirshko as you would treat me." His words were laced with venom. " you have failed me, and you have failed her." He placed a hand on Mirshko's shoulder. "Today's lesson, my Prud'ika, will be about making sure that Nula never treats you this way again." He moved forward a bit until he was between both of them. "Mirshko I want you to reach deep within yourself, remember the moments of anger you felt when Nula was being mean to you... manhandling you... Focus on those moments, wrap the force around them." He turned his head to face the girl. " Allow the force to flow into you, letting it fill you fully" His head swiveled to Nula,. " Now I want you to focus those feeling and all of the force that you have built up. and I want you to focus it all on Nula."

He was reading the girl to see of see of she was going to be able to do this, he hoped that the anger that she had would help her . " Now I want you to focus on her thoughts, feel them, now I want you to focus on pushing those thoughts out of the way. Focus on something you want her to do." He glanced back over to Nula, who stood there, terrified at what was happening. " Focus on what you want her to do and push that thing that you want to do into the place those thoughts were."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom