Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party (Mirshko)

Unknown Shadowport, Syvris

Kuryr moved with a steady, yet purposeful stride. He had finally made a decision on what to do with his little stowaway. It would be an interesting plan, one that was ambitious even for him, but one that would pay huge dividends if all worked out. Her armor was being worked over by his Dekka, his gungan jack of all trades. He wanted to know everything about her armor and what it was capable of doing. Her body glove had been left on and she had been given simple clothes to wear and she was currently in a locked room, alone. Kuryr was looking forward to the meeting if only to gauge the reaction of the child, she was obviously a mandalorian, and the fact that she was here at all meant she was fearless, a quality he respected for sure. The fact that she had managed to infiltrate his infiltration team and not only succeed in avoiding capture for as long as she did, but she did so in full armor made him interested in her skills. Who had trained someone so young on the art of infiltration.

He came upon the door and nodded to the pirate that he had stationed by the door. He had no intention of letting this little prise run loose until he had a chat with her. He opened the door and stepped in. The room was sparsely decorated, with just a bed and a small table with two chairs. He stepped in dressed in his Beskar'kandar, his helmet still back in the room he used when he was in this port. With a smile he laid his eyes on the child, seeing her outside of her armor for the first time. He didn't wait for her to speak or for her to react at all, he stepped to one of the chairs and sat, his face a mask of patience and composure.

He reached out with the force, probing , touching her mind without being forceful, touching the surface to gauge her emotions and to glimpse at anything she may be feeling at the moment.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

Daughter of Arrbi and Anija
[member="Kuryr"]

She couldn't really remember how long she'd been here. Maybe a couple of days. It was hard to tell, really. She'd been locked up in this room since they'd brought her here. Frowning, she sat on the bed and picked absently at the roughspun blanket which covered it. She wasn't entirely sure why she was here... or what had possessed her to do what she had in the first place. As much as she could, she'd tried to lock down her Force presence and blend in with her surroundings... but she wasn't sure how well it had worked.

The fact that she was here, and not stuffed in some dark cell somewhere was.. interesting. But she had no idea who these people were. She'd figured out bits and pieces certainly, but not really enough to make any sense of. When she'd found herself aboard their shuttle.. and then emerged to find herself aboard one of what she could only guess what one of the ArmaTech vessels her mother was helping to combat test, she'd decided to try and hamper their plans a bit.

It had worked... for a time. But eventually, her exhaustion had made it difficult to stay in hiding. She'd blundered into one of the pirate patrols, and the next thing she could remember was waking up here. Faintly, she sensed someone coming. And it wasn't the same person who had been standing outside her room. This one was different. She could heara few words of muffled conversation, and then the door to her impromptu prison opened.

Immediately, her gaze went towards the one who entered. For a moment, she stared at him open-mouthed as she tried to make sense of what she was seeing. She'd only seen him once before, or at least someone who matched him for height. She'd not seen his face until now. And now that she had, she was struggling to make some sense of it. She'd never seen a Taung before, only heard about them really. They were the ancestors of the Mandalorians.. the ones who had founded the warrior culture millenia before.

And yet, here one stood, in the flesh. She frowned, and stared at him some more. She had no idea how it was even possible. There were several minutes of silence between them before she finally spoke, her words quiet, and her tone surprising firm, though her hands shook slightly from the sudden surprise and she clenched them in her lap. "Meg cuyir gar? «Who are you?»" and then, "Me'copaani? «What do you want?»"

He couldn't help but smile, she was acting defiant even as she was trying to hide her fear. It was an impressive display that she could even get the words out as firmly as she did. " ner gai cuyir Kuryr << My name is Kuryr>>" He said with a slight smile and a tilt hs his head. " I would like to talk to you, if that is ok with you." He continued on in basic. Galactic basic was the standard language of the galaxy and he knew that if she was what he thought she was then she would speak it clearly to him. He again probed at her with the force, pushing lightly against her, he could tell she was sensitive, but he didn't know how powerful she was. " I would like to know more about you." His voice was deep but calm and he made no sudden movements at all while he talked, staying relaxed and comfortable despite her tense position.

"Perhaps you would care to have a seat in the chair." his armored hand motioning to the chair across from him. " Do you want something to eat or drink? Is it warm enough in here?" Questions kept coming, he wanted to ensure that she was comfortable as possible, she wouldn't trust him if she didn't believe that he had her well being in mind. He projected as neutral an sura as possible with his force signature, he wanted her to focus on his words and nothing else, and to do that he needed her to care only about those words

"I was curious as to how you ended up on the ship that my crew and I were stealing, who told you that we were stealing the ship?" His tone never changed nor did his demeanor, his eyes never left her as he spoke watching everything she was doing, every little movement and word was a way to gauge her reactions to him. They would dictate the way he shapes the conversation, what words impacted on her the most, and what ones didn't.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

Her frown only deepened as he continued. When he switched to Basic, she looked at him warily. every part of her screamed for her to get away, to run, but the rational part of her mind knew she wouldn't get far. "Why....?" she asked after a moment, chewing on her lower lip for a moment. the habit was one she'd developed when trying to get herself out of situations. he was almost being... conversational. That set her on edge a bit.

In reflex, she tried to focus on her dissembling. The technique which Arrbi had taught her was intended to make it next to impossible for a Force User to influence her mind... were she skilled at the technique. The intent was to turn one's thoughts into an ever-changing whirlpool, and to not focus on any one for too long. But alas, she was not. It would work for a time, but his rapid-fire questions caused her to lose focus easily.

Sighing in frustration, she continued trying to apply the technique. It wasn't easy, for she could feel something. As if someone was poking lightly at her. It was there, and then gone again, so it was hard to pin down. For a moment, she stared down at her clenched hands, trying to decide how to answer. She decided to test him and see if he was as much a Force user as she thought. Attepting her dissembling again, she chewed on her lower lip once more.

"I'm fine here, thank you.." she said firmly, keeping her gaze on his. "And it's fine in here." In reality, it was a bit too chilly at night. And yes, she was hungry, but she wasn't sure if he'd actually let her eat. Sure, they'd fed her, but it was pretty bland. Rations of some sort. Right now, she was testing him as much as he was her.

" Why" He echoed her question and let the word hang in the air for a few seconds. " Would your people do any less if they found me on one of their ships? I have not harmed you. You are not a prisoner, the door being locked is as much for our safety as for yours. It has only been a few hours since we discovered you and we are just trying to get the facts straightened out." The reality was that it had been almost three standard days, but the isolation would confuse her enough to allow this to not be disputed. He probed her mind again softly and had to fight to contain his smile, she was using an unfamiliar technique to mask her thoughts from him, but it wasn't powerful at all, he just needed time to get past them. Time was one of the few things he had, the crew was currently going over the ship top to bottom, checking for more stowaway and anything that may give them away in the future. He had captured the ship almost completely intact, the battle damage could easily be repaired, the real prize was the IFF transponder that marked it as an Armatech ship. It wouldn't last for long, but until word got around it was priceless.

He was being as subtle as possible with his probing, waiting and watching her to see what her reactions would be as he continued to talk to her. "I must say, your armor is rather basic and plain. I would guess that someone would have gotten you a much better set once you completed your verd'goten." He had no way of knowing if she passed that ritual or nor, but using cultural references would cement their connection. further allowing her to trust him. " I would like to get to know you, vod. Anyone that can sneak aboard my ship is a worthy warrior indeed. I don't like having to keep a vod locked away, we are mandalorians, we should be celebrating a successful raid together." He was hitting on as many cultural points as possible, making him to be as much a mandalorian as she was, which wasn't totally far from true, he would just omit a few things until he found out more about her.

He remained calm and impassive, showing emotion at proper times, all the while he was pushing and probing against her defenses, he would know much more once she wasn't resisting any longer. He needed to know more about this young stowaway before deciding what to do with her, she could be a powerful ally in the future, or she could be the worst kind of trouble. He was to make an ally out of her, maybe even a friend. She was young and naive, ignorant of the dangers of the galaxy as a whole, the perfect age to be shaped and molded. She would be dangerous in the future, of that he was sure, but dangerous to who was the important question.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

She frowned. "No one told me you were stealing anything. I didn't even know you were until I saw what you did on the ship," she retorted, glaring at him slightly. "What did you expect me to do... just walk up and ask? Like you would have told me the truth..." She cocked her head slightly at that and stared at him. "No, of course they wouldn't!" she protested at his next statement and sighed, rubbing at her forehead for a moment in a habit she'd picked up from mom. "But if I'm not a prisoner... why keep me locked up?" she asked, a note of challenge in her voice.

When he mentioned her beskar'gam, she bristled for a moment and then sighed and looked down at her hands, which were still clenched in her lap. When she spoke, it was quiet. "My armor is plain... because I've not yet undergone verd'goten..." She frowned slightly at his last comment and merely shrugged. She wasn't sure how to respond to it. And, she wasn't overly fond of discussing the subject of her verd'goten.

And that was more because she didn't feel ready. Sure, she picked up blaster and weapons skills quickly enough... and with her innate stealth skill she had been doing well. But when it came to things like dissembling, she did poorly. She couldn't focus enough to do it. And that bothered her. It was then that her stomach rumbled in protest, loudly announcing that she was in fact, quite hungry. Upon hearing it, she stole a glance at him and then looked away.

If she was being honest with herself, she was feeling.. alone. Confused. And his probing questions didn't really put her at ease. Sure, he was being nice... but there was that gentle mental prodding. She didn't really understand what it was... but she felt.... a need to tell him certain things. And yet... others, she didn't. If he was adept at reading emotions, he would definitely sense her confusion.

Whatever it was that she was doing was beginning to falter, he could feel it. He just needed to be patient with the situation and continue to work his way in. He keep probing and pushing subtly, feeding her feelings of trust and friendship toward him. He sighed and smiled, "The door is locked for your safety as well as ours. This is a dangerous place and you are unfamiliar with it. I would be beside myself with grief if something was to happen to you. My crew cannot be everywhere to watch over you, especially if you do not trust us and try to run away. This is the best way to protect you." Chuckling a bit he continued, " You are right had you asked me I would have lied to you, but I would have lied to protect my crew from harm. They are my family and it is my job as the captain to look out for them. Surely you understand the importance of taking care of family. I mean all mandalorians are brothers, are we not vod, you and I?"

Her words about her armor were filled with defiance, but he could see the sting in the words as she spoke of not having completed her verd'goten. " That you have not been given the chance at verd'goten is shocking, you have shown bravery and strength in your little stealth mission here. While you may think that you are a failure because we are talking, consider this. My crew tricked an entire ship worth of trained naval personnel that their ship was going to explode. Trained naval personnel." He let the words linger in the air for a few minutes so that they could feed her ego. He was playing to her vanity and her sense of adventure and he knew that all children wanted to know that they were special, surely she would feel special at that small feat. " You kept your cool when they a panicked. That alone tells me you are ready for it. Perhaps you would allow me to further test your skills... A small battery of trials, to gauge your abilities. I am a mandalorian after all, there is no reason I can't call a verd'goten given the situation."

He heard her stomach rumble and he frowned. " Why did you not tell me you were hungry." The room wasn't large at all and all he had to do was reach back to be able to reach the door. With an armored fist he pounded on the door, " Bring our guest food, make sure it's from my pantry" he turned back to Mirshko and smiled. " Enough questions for now, let's get you fed and maybe if you are feeling up to it, you would consider taking a walk with me. We can talk more then, I have just a single question left for you, would you be so kind as to tell me your name?"

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

She stared at him. Something kept telling her she could trust him.... but yet there was another part of her...that was extremely wary. She'd never really met him before, and didn't know him or what he really wanted. Something felt off about the whole thing, but she couldn't put her finger on what it was. "Locked for my safety...?" she made a skeptical sound. "Sounds more like you're trying to keep me here. What danger could I possibly be to your crew, hmm?"

Mirshko frowned and studied his face and sense in the Force. He was calm... that much she could read. But beyond that, it was hard to tell. "And why do you even care? You don't know me... I'm just some kid..." But even she didn't sound fully convinced of it. She knew she'd been able to elude them for several hours before she'd been captured. But, she had evaded them for quite a while before that.

As he continued, her frown remained. He was hinting at something, and she could feel something ...growing. His words caused her to look up at him and she sighed. "Really? I was merely trying to find out what you were doing, and why."

She chewed on her lower lip again. "Why would you do this....? I am not of your clan. I am not even of your crew.... and yet you are willing to take the time to do this..?" Though, the thought of passing verd'goten sent a thrill of excitement through her. Some might think she was too young, and not ready. But his words stuck something within her. When he asked her name, she hesitated. "Mirshko...." she said softly.

He nodded slowly, " You have exhibited that you are very capable of eluding detection. When we found you you were wearing battle armor and carrying an advanced blaster rifle. You are an unknown quantity and the men on my crew may see your presence as an attempted escape. your safety had to be assured." He kept up his slow gentle probing, feeling her defenses beginning to weaken. Time and patience would win out against her, as well as catering to her naive vanity. Kuryr was a master at manipulation, he had turned many a prisoner into crew member simply by allowing them to lose all hope and then sliding in and giving them something to live, to fight for. He had no qualms about twisting the thoughts of a little girl to his end. If he thought he could get away with it he would raid mandalorian settlements for their young. Their sense of honor and initial combat training was a priceless commodity.

"Mirshko, that's a lovely name and yet it's a strong one as well. I can feel your anger at not having given the trials of verd'goten, and yet you call yourself just a child." The door opened before he could continue and a large tray of freshly grilled meats and a small pile of freshly steamed vegetables was brought in. With a nod at the small table, the unknown pirate placed the tray in front of the girl and stepped back out. "Please, eat. You are obviously very hungry and you will need all of your strength of you want to become a full grown warrior." He played her own words against her, knowing that the more he talked the longer he would have to continue to push feelings of trust and friendship onto her slowly eroding defenses.

"Should I not care for another vod? Is it not spoken in the resol'nsre that we should raise our children as mandalorians? Does that mean that I am responsible for only my children, or everyone of my blood? Because I would call you vod, and taking care of your future allows me to remain true to the resol'nste myself." Were he a more noble creature those words may have rung true, but his words were designed to confuse her even more about his intentions, whatever they may be he genuinely seemed to care about her wellbeing. " You are not of my crew, this is true, but you are family in that you are vod, I would welcome you onto lay crew openly, train you to be the best warrior you can be, show you the wonders of the galaxy. Adventures beyond your wildest dreams. Far off planets and peoples, all while training you for your verd'goten, getting you ready to become the woman you are destined to be."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

"Attempted escape?" she sounded unconvinced. She still felt on edge around him, and she drew her knees up before hugging them tightly. Her thoughts drifted to Mom and Da. They were probably worried sick. And she was determined to escape... and get back to them. But..... what Kuryr was saying kept grabbing her attention. "So, your response was to lock me up like some..... prisoner?" She eyed him skeptically for a moment and tried to focus on her dissembling again.

Absently, her fingers searched for something which she'd always kept in a concealed pocket of her body glove. It was a little something Mom had given her for when she was out on missions. It wasn't anything really, just a small stone that was roughly round and polished. Into it's surface had been carved their names. For now though, she left it where it was... she was just glad it was still there. Her train of thought was interrupted as the door opened again. When the pirate entered with the tray of food, Mirshko felt her mouth water from the aromas.

She hesitated, eyeing the food for several moments. Internally, she was..... unsure. All of her instincts were telling her to stay away. From him... from everything tied to him. But, she didn't really have much option at the moment. And as she was sitting there staring at the food, her stomach rumbled it's protest again. Sighing in frustration, Mirshko scooted off the bed and dropped down into the chair after a moment, her gaze never leaving his.

She squirmed a bit at his questions. They seemed to not really be the kind to which she needed to respond, but it made her uncomfortable regardless. She hesitated, and spoke again. "It does say that. "Raise your children to be warriors.. Mandalorians. It also says to care for and defend your clan and your brothers and sisters." She sighed, and propped her chin in her hand as she stared down at the tray of food as she thought about it. Sneaking a glace at him, she snagged a piece of the meat with the simple fork that was also on the tray. After a moment to inspect it and inhale the aroma, she slowly bit into it.

" You are not a prisoner, you are my guest. I can't speak for the rest of the beings around here that are not my crew. If you don't believe me." He smiled and pulled out a vicious looking slugthrower and placed it on the table and slid it towards her, grip first. "To prove to you that I am here to help you,You may hold my pistol." She was eating the food, which he had laced with a mind relaxant, nothing serious or dangerous, just something to help her relax and accept his suggestions a bit better. He continued to push and probe against her force defenses. Not knowing what exactly she was doing meant that he would be cautious and careful. He had her right where he wanted here, so time was something he wasn't worried about it.

nodding as she spoke he replied. "So following that line of logic, defending you as my sister would be in my best interest. And training you to be the best warrior you can be would be at the very least an obligation and at the best a service to someone I hope would be my friend in the future." He was manipulating the situation as much as he could to ensure that he came out looking like the benevolent friend and savior that he wanted her to think she was. The drugged food would help her lose the tension that she was so desperately trying to hide from him.

He sat there with the same calm demeanor that he had for the entire conversation. Projecting calm was an important part of getting her to lower her defenses. He wanted her confused, lost and alone, so that he could push himself in as the savior. Once she believed that she was convinced he was her trusted friend, he could begin to mold her into his newest crew member, like so many people have come before her. "How is the food? It was a fun hunt for us, we rounded up a few wild Bantha and hunted them with bevii'ragir. It was a great hunt. Perhaps the next time we hunt, you can join us." He sat back and smiled. He was going to lightly push her joining as much as he could without her noticing.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

She still remained skeptical of his statement of not being a prisoner. It just.... it felt to her like he wanted to keep her where he could watch her. She watched him closely, and tried to get a read on him in the Force. But, she was having a hard time focusing. She was so... relaxed. She felt slightly sleepy. When he pushed the blaster across the table towards her, her gaze snapped upwards in shock. That.. she hadn't expected.

Mirshko stared at him, and hesitated for several seconds before she reached out to slowly wrap her fingers around the grip of the weapon. She blinked up at him, confused as to why he'd offer it to her so openly. She still was feeling that she could trust him, though her instincts were screaming otherwise. Right now, she wasn't sure which to listen to. "I guess..." she said softly with a shrug as she hefted the weapon in her free hand, and finished eating the piece of meat with her other.

When she'd done so, she hefted the blaster and pointed it at the table for a moment. She felt sluggish. Slowly, she ate a few bites of the vegetables, still trying to fight the feeling of fuzziness she felt. For her though, the drug was acting much stronger. She'd never been given a sedative before. So for her, she was acting slightly... drunk, and uncoordinated. She hefted the blaster again and pointed it at him and squinted. "And you think it's safe to give me such a weapon?" she asked, concentrating for a moment to squeeze the firing stud.

She was still trying desperately to keep focus how she could get away. But, right now... she didn't see any options. Not like this, anyways. When he mentioned the hunt, she perked up slightly. She'd always enjoyed the hunts Da had taken her on at home. And it was done for the same reason as here: food. Mandalorians didn't waste anything. true to their nomadic ancestry, the members of Betna clan had a use for every part of the creatures they killed for food. She ate some more, and then had to stifle a very un-ladylike burf before she answered. "It's good, very filling..." She looked up at him for a moment as he asked about the hunt. "I'd like to..."

She was beginning to weaken both mentally and physically. He could both feel it and see it. Her defenses, as strange as they seemed to be were weakening to the point of breaking and he knew it was only a matter of moments until they crumbled completely. Her body was responding to the sedative as well, her body seemed much more relaxed than it had been when he first entered the room. she was sluggish even with his pistol, she held it firmly in her little hands, but moving it around seemed almost a task for the child. He pushed more forcefully at her defenses this time, trust and honesty assaulted her now, he wanted her to be truthful and to trust him, and she was holding to her last hope of resisting, but she was no match for him with the drugs in her system. He was patient and careful, something he wasn't normally, but she was a special prize that could be the beginning of an interesting experiment in control.

" You guess? Would you turn away someone if they asked for training or help? Would your people? Mandalorians are family first and foremost, we exist not with a nation or a world, but an ideal, we will always exist because we have an ideal to guide us. We survive because we have each other to push us to the next step. I would gladly help push you to the next step in your training." He left out the part about how that training would benefit him, but she didn't need to know those things yet, she was too young to understand them.

He watched as she lifted the pistol off of the table and aimed it at him, he knew that she was going to do just that as soon as he slid it towards her. He would have if their positions were reversed. He watched as her little finger pushed down on the firing stud, waiting until the last possible moment to gently nudge the barrel away with the force, causing the shot to go just wide of him. The echoing of the shot was almost deafening in the small room, the only sound was the sound of the highly corrosive acid eating through the durasteel wall, expanding on the small bullet hole that the pistol made. The door was yanked open and before the pirate outside could even fully enter, Kuryr had his hand up. " Do not enter, everything is fine. Close the door and leave us." The pirate looked between the both of them in the room before closing the door and walking away. " Do you feel better? You got to get some anger out at me. And you have managed to make the crew wonder about your ability to be trusted with a weapon. I need to be able to trust you, but you have to trust me as well." He didn't ask for the pistol back or even seem concerned that she still held it. "I would love to have someone with such skills as you join me on a hunt, but could I trust you to carry a weapon? Would you do something that would be dangerous to yourself and others? I want to give you the freedom to leave this room, but you have to show me that it would be a wise decision. Shooting holes in the wall is not the way."

He spoke to her in almost the same tone adults used when scolding a child for messing up, she wanted to be an adult so he was going to treat her like a child until she could behave like one. He continued to push his trust and honesty on to her fragile mind, knowing that it was only a matter of time. He had the time and the patience, and all she had was a pistol with nine more slugs.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

For several moments, she just stared at him in mute surprise before her gaze drifted towards the hole the acid from the bullet was eating in the bulkhead. That was something she definitely hadn't expected to happen. And he'd pushed the barrel away with the Force... and hardly any effort it seemed. She frowned, and her hands shook from the adrenaline. She set the pistol down rather heavily as the other pirate entered abruptly.

A faint frown crossed her face, and she tried to make some sense of what he was saying. "Yes.... we Mandalorians support each other, and push each other when needed. All in the hope of helping each other become the best warrior and individual they can be." She stared down at the table for a moment, trying to organize her thoughts. "I've always enjoyed a challenge...." She said softly, clenching her hands in her lap to keep them from shaking.

"As to if you can trust me or not...? Would you have done anything different than what I did if our places were switched? I don't think so..." she said softly, and looked up at him. At his next question she frowned. It seemed stupid. "Dangerous to myself..? No. As to the other part..." she gave him an incredulous look. "Only if you give me a weapon I'm not used to..." She glanced pointedly down at the pistol laying on the table between them.

For her, it was an ingrained reflex to point the weapon at him. He was an unknown to her, and she was determined to escape. But.... now? She frowned and rubbed at her forehead for a moment. She felt like she couldn't think. He was looking at her intently and it unnerved her slightly. But, she supposed that having his undivided attention might be a good thing. Most adults tended to ignore kids unless they wanted something. Unless that's what he was after.

She frowned again. It made her head hurt slightly as she tried to think about it. It was taking a lot of effort to concentrate. And yet, she kept feeling strong amounts of trust towards him. And she couldn't figure out why. Maybe he was for real. She really couldn't tell. As far as she knew, he was being sincere. What emotions she could sense supported that. And right now, she didn't really have the skill or the focus to dig deeper.

Mentally shrugging, she sighed. As far as she could tell, she didn't have anything to lose. And what he was offering did sound appealing. She still kept the small polished stone in her pocket. Hopefully soon, she could return to Mom and Da. But right now... she didn't feel like she had too many options. She shifted uncomfortably under his gaze and his tone. It reminded her too much of when Da had scolded her for doing something she wasn't supposed to. She sighed again and focused on eating a bit more. She was getting sleepy again, and frowned as she tried to focus. And honestly, she didn't much have the energy to continue talking.

The reaction was pretty close to what he had expected, she was startled by his demonstration of calm and composure, even while she attempted to shoot him with his own pistol. Her confusion was apparent in every part of her actions and words now, st one moment she was openly agreeing with him, at others she still seemed defiant. He knew that the longer this went on the more control he would ultimately have, she was too young to have the training needed to resist his subtle intrusions with the force, and with the drugs in her system now, she could barely stay awake.

" Then allow me to challenge you, to help you become the best warrior and individual that you can be." He almost held out his hand to her as an invitation to accept his offer, but he would wait for that, he didn't want her to become weary of him any more than she already was. " If that is all that you are worried about then I will gladly return your rifle to you, that is if you will be responsible with it." He smiled and maintained his composure and calm demeanor " As for the unfamiliar weapons, I will show you how to effectively use any and all weapons that you like. Your training is important to me, as important to me as your welfare. Please don't be shy, the food will make you stronger. To be the best warrior you must have the strength to endure the challenges ahead."

He felt her concentration slipping, she was trying to follow his words while maintain a defense against his mental probing and it was weakening her greatly. She was beginning to get quiet, a sign that the drug was really taking it's toll on her little body. He wasn't concerned about her ability to resist anymore, she was vulnerable to his probing at this point and he was going to take full advantage of the situation. He pushed into her mind deeper than he had tried before, being only mildly subtle as he wrapped her thoughts in his trust and friendship he wanted to saturate her ability to think in trust towards him. She needed to trust him more than anyone else. In the end he needed to be as important to her as her very own parents, something that he knew would take much more time than he had right now, but he wanted to plant the seeds now, and allow them to grow on their own. Patience with her was the important thing, keeping her isolated from the rest of the galaxy was the other thing. She needed to think that only he could help her, that only he would care about her, isolation was the way to go about it. She needed to connect him with trust and friendship. Something he had been working on since they started talking. He watched as she sat there quietly, he could feel the turmoil in her, and he had to fight hard not to smile, she would crack very soon, he was sure of it.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

The frown remained as she tried to focus on what he was saying. For the moment, it was helping her stay awake. Again, she was feeling a strong sense of trust towards him, much like she would towards her parents or other of Betna Clan. It felt like.... maybe he was a long lost brother. At least from the feelings she was getting towards him. He seemed so self-assured. And in charge. He knew what he wanted. And he wasn't afraid to step forward and take it with both hands.

She blinked as the realization hit her. He really seemed like he knew what he was talking about. And maybe he was right. She did want to learn more, and to grow as a warrior. That much was true. And if he was offering it so freely, how could she refuse. Mom and Da would want her to take hold of the opportunity, wouldn't they? Biting her lip for a moment, she nodded at him, and set down the fork. "I... would like that, Ori'vod..." she said softly, trying hard to keep focused on him. She was so sleepy, and yet, she was still hungry. And the room was cold. She felt herself slouching in the chair as the urge to sleep took hold.

The girl had finally broken under his continued assault, her final words cementing her agreement. She drifted off to sleep not long after that, allowing him to finally smile. She had been a tough opponent, giving him more reason to want her on his side than ever before. She would make a fearsome foe in the future, better to manipulate her now and gain the powerful ally. He let her fall into a deep slumber before he finally stood, he tapped softly on the door and as the pirate opened the door, he moved to scoop her up into his arms gently. " She's ready to be moved to her room, Have Dekka finish the modifications on her armor and tell him to deliver it to her room." He said as he made his way out of the small room and into the corridor.

After a few minutes of walking he came to a second door, this one guarded by a different pirate who said nothing as he opened the door. This room was filled with bookshelves and a small couch as well as an ornate table and chair set, at the back of the room was another door, which opened onto another large room with a huge bed, covered in opulent coverings, to one side of the room was an open closet filled with mand find articles of clothing, as well as a weapons rack, filled with various vbladed weapons and the rifle that the girl had been found with. Next to it was an armor stand, bare at the moment, but he knew that it would soon hold her armor. Standing inside of the room was a gorgeous green skinned Twi'lek, her clothing was perfectly tailored and she stood regal, despite the collar around her neck.

" Bath her and give her a change of clothing, have the bodyglove laundered and placed in the wardrobe. Your job is to see to it that she wants for nothing, her name is Mirshko, be respectful at all times, she is to be treated like she is family at all times." He placed the small girl on the bed carefully, making sure that she was comfortable. He knew that the slave would follow his instructions perfectly, it was why he had chosen her in the first place. He wanted his newest ally to be treated like royalty, he was sure that she would feel uncomfortable with the treatment, but the idea was to pamper her until she was so used to it it was alien to live without it.

He retreated to the other room and pulled a book off of one of the many shelves. He was going to ensure that when she awoke that he was here to greet her. He also needed to make sure that Dekka didn't wake her up before she got all of the rest she needed

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Mirshko Betna

[member="Kuryr"]

Mirshko woke slowly. It had been several hours. If one was counting, it was well into the afternoon of the following day when she awoke. For the first time in days, she felt warm and comfortable. it was a feeling she'd missed, if she was being honest with herself. Sure, she was a kid and had a habit of traipsing around in the woods. But that didn't mean she didn't enjoy a good hot shower every once in a while.

Slowly, she opened her eyes. Or tried to. They were caked with sleepsand. That gritty substance that seemed to coat her eyes when she'd slept very deeply. Grunting in frustration, she scrubbed at her eyes with the heel of her left hand. Blinking rapidly, she finally cleared the grit from her eyes. And when she could finally see, she just stared. She'd been moved while she'd been asleep. And while she'd slept well, she also felt sluggish. As if she was recovering from the effects of something. What though, she didn't know.

Frowning, she sat up slowly and looked around. The room itself was quite different. For one thing, it was quite a bit larger and nicer furnished than the room she'd been in before. She ran her fingers over the coverlet on the bed. It was soft under her fingers. Satin of some kind, perhaps. The rest of the room was just as richly furnished. As she continued to look around, her gaze fell on the table beside the bed.

Atop it rested a small polished object. The polished stone Mom had given her. Snatching it up, she went to stuff it into a pocket. It was then that she realized that she was dressed differently. Instead of the bodyglove and the roughspun clothes, she now wore a dress of deep turquoise. It was simple in design, but the fabric was thick and soft under her fingers. She frowned. Someone had obviously changed her while she was asleep. The thought made her stiffen slightly. Curling her fingers around the small stone, she reached up with her free hand as she made her way across the room. Her hair had been washed and braided tightly, though a few strands had been left loose around her face. They'd curled a bit from the dampness and the warmth of her skin.

After a few steps, she'd reached her goal: the large open closet across the room. It was filled with all kinds of rich clothing.... nd a great many of them appeared to be in her size. How he'd known. The thought sent a shiver down her spine for a moment as she thought about it. She inspected herself for a few moments in the mirror before slipping the small stone into a pocket she'd found in the seam of the dress. Chewing at her lower lip, she turned and looked around the room again.

He felt her through the force, she had finally awoken. Her emotions betrayed her easily enough, she was confused, something he planned on making sure she was for a long time. He needed to be the only stability she had in her life, to ensure that she imprint her stability to being with him. He has changed into something less intimidating than his armor, black pants and boots and a light grey top were the only clothing he wore, he still had his belt on with his pistol, but that was more habit than need. He sat in one of the chairs with the same book in his hands, a guide to beat hunting, that was far from complete and really hundreds of years outdated. He loved it because it was a book, bound in leather and filled with pages. It was a relic from the past that he loved because it had substance.

The green skinned twi'lek was standing on the corner, her hands folded on front of her, she was still and her face held no emotion. Kuryr had picked her for this assignment specifically because she had the skills needed to keep his little friend off balance. She would play a pivotal role in her assimilation into the crew. Her black dress was a sharp contrast to her green skin and the golden collar firmly around her neck stood out easily enough. He cleared his throat and motioned to the slave, a sign that he wanted a drink. With fluid motions she moved to the small bar and prepared him a drink. She already knew what he wanted, it was just a matter of waiting until he said he wanted it.

He would wait for Mirshko to find her own way out of the room, one of the things he wanted her to have was the freedom in this set of rooms she didn't have in the other, it was part of the illusion of freedom he wanted her to have. He had a few days to get this put in motion, and so far it was working out well. He was just going to have to be careful around her until she fully believed he was the most important person in the galaxy.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom