Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Don't Know Me, You Never Did {Circe}

Valerie Re'Daull

Val'Rain Sekairo in Disguise
They tried to ignore her. And in that, it became painfully obvious they knew she was there. It's nearly impossible to miss a 6 foot 5 inch tall girl. Especially when her lip was cut open, still bleeding. Even more so when she wore such dark clothing in an otherwise light area. Everyone else made her look severely under-dressed. Val'Rain didn't not care, at least not at the moment. Having got in (and won) yet another fight, she was a tad bit tired. But she had a job to do now. This op for the Pyre required patience. That wasn't a trait most Sekairos had. Worse, Val had to remain undercover for almost the whole time. Things were starting to wrap up, though. Now that her blaster had been stolen... the mission was compromised. Partially. There were plenty of places to purchase a weapon. One store caught the merc's eye, and she started towards it immediately. If only she had been paying more attention...

It belonged to Subach Innes. The company run by none other then Circe Savan. Her being here was far from likely... but news of someone who looked just like Ven'Rain entering the store would travel fast. Within a few days she could be found, brought in for questioning, and forced to reveal some of her secrets. Of course, if they thought she was the real Ven, she would be treated with care. Along with suspicion. Hopefully none of the employees would recognize her. Walking over to the counter she carefully looked over the merchandise. Surely there would be something good she could afford. Hell, she might be able to use her carbon copy's account to get a discount. Though that was only if she realized what store she was standing in.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Circe had arrived here at one of the very few Subach outlets to still be open. With the CIS's heinous crime having almost annihilated her business, she was here to see what could be saved. Work on the nearby console proceeded quickly as she looked over what had been saved. Most of the Sith tooling was currently at factories on Bonadan, moved there from ex-Sith territory once the faction died. And she turned to the lady who'd just arrived.

"Oh, hey Ven."

@[member="Val'Rain Sekairo"]

Valerie Re'Daull

A look of confusion formed on the giant's face. It quickly turned to fear. In front of her was the lover of the woman she was based off of. Circe Savan... But wait a minute- why was she reacting so calmly? Ven was dead, and had been for some time now. If the rumors regarding the event were correct, then she had been there herself. Seeing Val should have shocked her. Got some other reaction then a simple "Oh, hey Ven." Unless... Unless in her sorrow she was used to apparitions of the one she loved. Or she was simply in denial of the event. Perhaps this was a good thing. Val could simply buy a weapon, leave, and go back to her job. Nothing was ever that simple, of course. If there was ever a time to play it cool, this was it.

"Hey darling. I was wondering if I could borrow a blaster. Some schutta managed to steal mine," Val said, going with the flow. There was a chance she could salvage her mission without revealing anything she wanted to stay hidden.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Circe's eyebrow raised as she looked the woman over. "I'll see what I can scrounge up." Stepping into the back of the room , she pondered the situation. Ven was dead, so far as she knew. Circe could still feel the presence of her spirit , forever bonded to the Vinithi's own. And yet here was Ven. This made little to no sense whatsoever. But she had a special blaster for the woman.

Returning to the front, she held the blaster in her hand, a grin on her face. This generic blaster pistol was set for stun. Why? Because she knew the truth, but chose to go along with the facade for a reason. "So Ven... Let's try something here." She pointed the blaster at the woman. "Alright... Training time. I want you to take the gun out of my hand with the Force."

Valerie Re'Daull

Feth. Not good. While Val was oddly force sensitive (unlike her base had originally been), she had no training at all. None whatsoever. Which meant that managing such a simple act was not going to be easy. At this point the giant was beginning to think of other options, such as trying to out-move Circe in an attempt to knock the blaster aside. But Circe was faster, and had the full force of, well, the force. I doubt the training Pyre gave me is going to help in this. Best to try what she asked. Val thought, frowning slightly. "If you insist." A fake smile appeared as she raised her right arm, extending her hand so her palm faced Savan. The limb was angled slightly, her thumb pointing at the ceiling instead of her ring finger. Taking a deep breath she tried to do as asked.

Something twitched. That was all. Sighing Val tried again, this time focusing on 'feeling' the force, and letting it flow through her. Within a moment her eyes seemed to glow a bit more yellow, along with becoming almost void of expression. But it was over as soon as it had begun. The weapon vibrated slightly, tugging at Savan's hand. Then it stilled. FETH. Not good. @[member="Circe Savan"]

And Circe pulled the trigger. A large ring of bluish energy that stunned on contact would fly towards the merc, the confines of the shop likely making it difficult to avoid. Whoever this woman was, whether a surgery sister, a clone, or even an amnesiac Ven in a new body(the latter entirely unlikely), she was not Circe's Ven. And as such, Circe was attempting to incapacitate the woman for interrogation.

Valerie Re'Daull

Nothing other than instinct let the merc fly to the side. It still wasn't enough. The stun bolt rammed into her side, knocking her over. Despite her large size and admirable endurance, the blast was adequate. She managed to let out a little grunt. That was all the resistance she could put up. Stupid Subach Innes and their stupid high quality blasters.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Circe stepped over to the large mercenary, grabbing her and picking her up with surprising force. "Now, you're coming with me." Taking the immobile woman, she began moving her to the ship out back. Once inside, she would be restrained in energy cuffs against the wall as Circe prepared to shock her with a stun baton.

"You're good. Very good. But the real Ven is dead. I watched her die a scant five feet from my bedside. You look like Ven. Even sound like her. But you aren't my lover. Now who sent you?"

She held the stun baton threateningly.

Valerie Re'Daull

Blood was still dripping from her lips. When she responded to the redhead, some of the crimson liquid sprayed outward. "Shock me. Go ahead. You'll find that pain doesn't bother me as much as it does other people. And unlike Ven, there are no implants inside me to shut down. Now, to answer your questions... No one sent me. I'm on planet for a simple job. Some schutta stole my blaster, so I came to buy another one. If I had realized you were gonna be here... I wouldn't have come in." Of course Circe wouldn't believe her. Who would? The chances of the two meeting unintentionally was slim to none. It was amazing it had happened at all. "I'm a clone. Unsurprisingly. Biologically twenty-eight. Chronologically four years old. Congrats, you kidnapped a little kid!" The sarcasm was strong with this one.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well aren't we quite the sarcastic copy..." She stepped over to the near-human clone. "You aren't half the woman my lover was. I don't even think you share any of her thoughts, let alone the minor details of her body. Your arm doesn't register as biofiber, your eyes are a slightly different color from her own, more yellowish, and you overall just don't look right." She smiled. "Now, what was your job and why were you needing a new blaster? You must not be properly trained if you lost a blaster pistol so easily."

She sighed. "Then again, you are the closest thing to Ven I suppose I have. Maybe I should brainwash you, or otherwise try to give your body to Ven's spirit."

Valerie Re'Daull

Val scoffed. Yet another bad thing about sharing DNA with Ven. People expect you to be all high and mighty. Slip up just a bit and suddenly you're a pathetic wannabe. It pissed her off, just a tiddly bit. "It's a damn good thing I ain't like her. Fool got herself killed, but not before she killed countless innocents and destroyed entire towns! Who in their right mind would want to be like her?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "And the reason I 'don't like right' is that I'm four years younger than she was when you last saw her. She was 32 when she died, remember? Do ya really think I'd look exactly like her? Jeesh." It was safe to say she wasn't happy at the moment. Straining against her binds she tried to get free... and failed. Those implants were looking better and better by the second. "Oi. I work for Omega Pyre. Same folks who got you killed. Just finished my basic training a few months back. Don't question my ability. You try beating up an entire bar-full of thugs without getting hit. I used my blaster to bash a man's helmet in. Damn thing broke. Go ahead, search my pocket. You'll find what remains of it there. Oh, and don't even think of using my body to bring 'er back."
That would not be fun.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Ah. I see." She paused. "So by this logic, I'm assuming that you're a clone created by the Omega Pyre as a substitute since the real Ven was killed. It's unfortunate, actually... The OP has lied to you. A lot. There's a lot more to Ven than they likely have told you." She sighed, giving the false Ven a lookover. Reaching a hand in her pocket, she pulled out the blaster. "Ven-clone... You do realize that the blaster can be repaired, right? The grip's mangled beyond repair, and you'd have to do some work on the gas intake in order to fix the cartridge when you inserted it, but it's not as bad as you think. You could've gotten it fixed at a gunsmith."

A soft sigh crossed her lips. "It's unfortunate. I would've loved to start anew with you. But I don't suppose that's an option."

Valerie Re'Daull

All these assumptions were getting troublesome. Mostly just to correct. "Wrong. Again. Guess you missed the part about me technically only being four years old. Ven hasn't been dead that long. Republic fanatics created me to replace her. They needed someone with her skill, and rage, to do some dirty work. I didn't turn out as planned. Eventually they were caught, arrested, and sent to jail. I managed to escape. Later I 'stole' Ven's old ship, took off, then joined up with the Pyre." Pretty simple stuff, really. But Savan had piqued the merc's interest. What was Pyre supposedly hiding from her? How many others were being kept out of the loop? "I was hoping to get one better than that one. I don't want a blaster that breaks so easily. One with more firepower. And yeah, it ain't an option. I'll die before I give up any more of my self." She meant it.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"What, to reminisce your 'glory days,' which you never actually experienced?" She paused. "You know, I do appreciate one thing about you. Despite your being naturally Force-sensitive, you lack the madness that Ven did. it actually makes it easier to read you." She smirked. "Omegan leaders have to hide everything from their peons. If they didn't, then people would realize what criminals they were. They attempted to claim dominion over my company, illegally, I might add. One of their leaders mentally raped me in order to acquire a datacron from a friend of mine and alter it so I appeared guilty of crimes that were committed by RC 212." She sighed.

"I will find out which leader or former leader did that. And when I do, I will kill them. But not until torturing them for days on end. As for blasters, why not a Mist?"

She smirked, then did something surprising - she moved forward and kissed the restrained Ven clone.

Valerie Re'Daull

"I needed a god damn job. Pyre seemed like a good choice. And honest-" Wait a karking second. Why the hell was this schutta kissing her?!? Now quite pissed, Val bit down hard on Circe's lip, hoping to draw a bit of blood. She was not Ven, and she was not going to be treated like Ven. For a few moments she struggled until they were no longer connected. Turning her head to the side Val grunted, obviously getting more upset by the second. "Do yourself a favor and shove a blaster up your rear, ya asshat. I'm not your fething playtoy. I am not the replacement for your dead playtoy. Keep that in mind." Every word came out in a low growl. While Val was clearly not Ven, they had many similarities. Circe knew from personal experience how bad pissing off a Sekairo could be.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

She paused, then turned around. "You're right. You aren't Ven's replacement. But surely you'd love to meet your biological mother? Or your family? Or perhaps the rest of your clan on both sides?" If not, well... I wouldn't want to electrocute you the way that Ven died. That would be cruel and improper of me. Besides, it's better to show you OP's lies than to torture you into believing them. I'm not that sort of person after all... though maybe I should be."

She wiped the goo off her lip as it healed before Ven's eyes. "Honey, I've survived being run through with a spear, have lost my arms and legs multiple times, have survived being poisoned, and have been electrocuted by a Sith Master. That didn't do much to me... what's your name?"

Valerie Re'Daull

It was an interesting offer, that was for sure. But it still felt like she would be replacing Ven. That was the opposite of what she wanted. Perhaps changing her last name and appearance would be better. Anything to stop everyone from either assuming she was Ven, or trying to get her to replace Ven. "I know some of what you survived. I've read every last journal entry your lover ever wrote. You've been beat up quite a lot. Now about your suggestion... I'll think about it. As for my name, I'm Val'Rain Sekairo. Alias: Valerie Storms. Now please, either let me go or tell me more about OP's 'lies'." Val didn't trust Circe yet. Probably wouldn't for some time.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well, let's see... The first manhunt was the worst. The "holocron" they have is a datacron. They reprogrammed it to change the information. As well, they artificed a lot of false information on me. Of course, they won't tell you it's false. That wouldn't work for their purposes." She paused. "They won't tell you about how they unceremoniously dishonored my remains by scalping me. They also won't tell you how they mentally raped me in order to find the location of the one who had the backup datacron. But hey, it's all part of their business."

She growled. "The lies you've experienced were all carefully stated to bring you under control. Do you think that you ended up working for them on accident?"

Valerie Re'Daull

She scowled. This conversation was going in circles, getting them nowhere. All it did was rile up Val's temper. "You know why I ended up working for them? Because I chose to. Because I wanted to. I needed the money. I knew how to contact them. I already 'knew' a few members because of Ven's journals. Stop being a paranoid asshat, Savan. And I don't know if what you say they did is true. I'll never know. Because if they did do it, they wouldn't admit it. But at the moment, I trust them more than you. Kind of like Ven did up until she lost her memories." It was a bold move. But at the moment, Val wanted nothing more than to strike a nerve. "You think you had her wrapped around your finger? Yeah right. If she had never gotten into an accident, she would have never spoken to you again. Because she could see how you used her, toyed with her. There was a large portion of her that hated you. Despised you. Regretted ever signing up to work for you. When she lost her memories, that faded. She learned to trust you again. And yet she still stayed close to the Pyre. Deep inside she knew they were far better than filth like you." Harsh.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

And it was at that moment that Circe snapped. Everything inside her boiled over, and in an anger fueled rage, she began to beat on Val. HARD. Her punches and kicks were deliberately aimed to cause the woman the most pain she could possibly suffer. "DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME THAT MEMORY LOSS WAS WHY SHE DIDN'T LOVE ME! SHE KNEW! SHE KNEW WHAT HAD GONE ON! I HELPED HER REMEMBER, DAMMIT! SHE REMEMBERED IT BECAUSE OF ME! I DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE HER..." She started to sob, pounding her fists down on Val's shoulders like they were a coffee table. "I LOVED HER SO MUCH... WE WERE GOING TO GET MARRIED... And I never had the ceremony with her..." She began to settle down, her anger subsiding and being replaced with a feeling of grief, sorrow, and regret.

"I really, REALLY wish you weren't a clone of Ven... It would've made this so much less personal. I'm sorry. For all of this..."

And thus, she continued to sob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom