Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You did request the 'worst'

[member="Bradshaw Ku"], the prince of Commenor? What a pointless title, Darlyn had to think to himself as he strode into the training hall, undoing his cloak and tossing it aside. A few guards were in the middle of a sparing match, but at his ushering they left the hall, locking the doors behind them. Only Ku would be allowed in, as per orders, to provide a lack of distractions. It wasn't strange, as of late Darlyn had been teaching a number of staff and Ministers, making sure they wouldn't get killed off.

So it wasn't strange at all. Not to mention he'd just learned of Ku's status as [member="Lady Kay"]'s son. And with a request, and permission, to do his 'worst' to begin his training. Ku would come to regret his words. With the Force, Darlyn setup the room proper for what he had in mind. A table with several objects of various weights and sizes, and a practice vibro blade. Naturally he had several enjoyable games in mind to use to train Ku, as he doubted the man simply wanted to learn to not get killed.

He expected that Ku knew how to shoot a blaster. His file did have him as an ex smuggler, or something along those lines. Some occupation that already had that level of assumption of ability. He really didn't care enough to remember in his excitement.

When Ku would enter, Darlyn was seated in the center of the room, waiting quietly in his black robes.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
When Bradshaw reached the training hall only a few moments after [member="Darlyn Excron"], he was greeted with two members of the security staff flanking the entrance. Not having to say anything, they nodded, unlocked the door, and slid it open. This was not out of respect for him, he knew.

So far only [member="Lady Kay"] and Darlyn were aware of his princely status, and at least half of them didn’t care one bit about that title. To everyone else in the galaxy, he was simply the queen’s personal pilot, not a bad position to be sure, but certainly not one that would command this kind of silent respect. No, he knew, they were following the orders of the Head of Palace Security.

Still fuming from the tag-team scolding he’d just received, he entered the hall without acknowledging the security staff. The door promptly shut and was locked behind him. Darlyn sat in his black robes behind a table, on top of which were an assortment of objects.

Bradshaw’s gaze was naturally drawn to the vibro blade on the table.

This should be interesting, he thought as he freed himself from the large jacket he often wore and threw it into the near corner. A large assault blaster, two blasters, and a blaster pistol followed suit. He made a little show of un-holstering each one and tossing them onto his discarded jacket. He couldn’t help it. Two small vibro blades rounded out the small armory. Not having been trained in the force since he was nine, he’d grown to defend himself with blasters and blades, rather than with the force or a lightsaber.

The removal of all his weapons was partially for show, but not completely, as he assumed he’d be learning something other than how to shoot a blaster. If not, then it would be like Darlyn trying to teach him how to pilot, and that would quickly become a waste of time for both of them.

He strode up to the table, “Hope I’m not too late,” he snorted.

How bad could this training be, anyway? He thought. It wasn’t like he hadn’t been beaten countless times throughout his life, hell, it was practically his hobby at this point…

"Of course not, you're right on time." He gave a grin as he stood up, moving somewhat closer to [member="Bradshaw Ku"] and beginning to feel out his signature in the force. Weak and feeble, compared to his own, despite not wanting in terms of potential... or darkness. It was pretty hard to believe he and Kay were family, though he supposed the relation wasn't entirely as clear-cut as his family relations had been. It was good, honestly, as it meant the two would understand one another more easily, from one dark side user to another. [member="Lady Kay"]'s turn might yet be complete, but it was hardly something that granted her the same understanding the both of those present might hold as more, natural users.

But such thoughts were unimportant to teaching, and were easily put away in the back of his mind. Allowing his presence to be felt, he lifted one of the heavier objects off the table, holding it up before Brad's eyes. "You're determined, Ku, and I can appreciate that in a trainee. But determination means nothing if you don't have the ability, or the control, to back it up. And you have neither of these qualities." The heavy ball shifted from Bradshaw's left side, to right, demonstrating Darlyn's own ability to focus on the object even as he spoke. "So, I'm going to drill you, make you bleed, writhe in pain, and wallow in suffering until you have both in generous portions. And perhaps you'll learn a little wisdom along the way, plenty of that for all around. So tell me Ku... why is it you are so determined to learn? What's your goal?"

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Bradshaw stared at [member="Darlyn Excron"] while his new teacher told him he appreciated his determination, but not much else. Apparently, he was lacking in ability and control. We’ll see about that, he thought. His eyes moved away from staring at Darlyn to follow the hovering ball he lifted from the table with the force, eyebrows raised inquisitively as he watched it move from one side to the other. Nice trick, he mused, but his father had been a Sith Lord, floating objects was par for the course… well, not for him. His jaw muscles bulged when Darlyn said he’d make him suffer and bleed, but then asked why he was so determined to learn. That was easy enough.

He shifted his attention back to his teacher. “Vengeance,” he said plainly as if that single word said it all. “You think I’m a spoiled brat, a prince of leisure. And, maybe I am. My life isn’t all whisky and women, though. I don’t know what [member="Lady Kay"],” he paused for a moment, “my mom, told you about her life before she was a queen. About… her family fifteen years ago. I’m guessing not much. Well, she had one, but she’s not my biological mother. Shaw-Ku, a Sith lord, and her took my sister and me in when we were still small. We showed up on their doorstep. I can’t remember why.” He took in a heavy breath, “We had a few good years, before Masq,” his muscles tensed with the name, "the worst kind of Sith, he destroyed my family and took my father, who traded his life for ours. My sister and I were taken from Kay to be hidden for our safety. I ran away.”

Adrenaline surging, he started feeling the call to anger that had become increasingly familiar lately. “Revenge for my father, who saved your queen. Vengeance. Suffering. Death. Masq’s head on a pike surrounded by those other cowards, Darth Prazutis and Thraxis! That is my goal! It's my destiny!” The dark side swirled around him, through him, like an approaching storm. He wanted to hit something, it begged him to hit something. He didn’t. Not this time. But his pent-up frustration had to go somewhere and unbeknownst to him, a few objects laid out started to lift from the table, including the vibro-blade.

"I don't think your a brat, Ku. If I did, I'd think much the same of myself." He took note of the swirling darkside, and the slowly lifting objects from the table, and felt himself smirk a bit. Perhaps he was wrong with 'ability', but he certainly was right about the boy's lack of control. He swung a hand up, and every object, including the practice blade, lifted rapidly, and with a slight flick of his wrist they began to rotate around Ku as he continued to speak, watching [member="Bradshaw Ku"] for his reactions.

"No, I think you are an untrained, wasted potential, like I myself once was. I look at you and I see the same small child that was taken from his life into service for a Sith lord, and made into nothing but a tool. And one who is all too willing to be made into just that. Ku, you wish for vengeance, and I can make you a hunter, a spear that will inflict pain and suffering upon those who you wish to hurt. But Ku, after you have had your vengeance, when there are no more men to hunt, no more sith to kill, what then do you want?" In his time serving [member="Lady Kay"], Darlyn had come to appreciate quite a few things. Tea, of course, but even some of the quiet parts of life. He missed the days of hunting and killing, but even so he'd grown somewhat as a person.

Perhaps he was speaking with more wisdom than he'd earned, or he himself acted upon, but he would not ruin Kay's child. "Furthermore, I don't know if you wish for your adoptive mother's approval or not, but taking that path will not lead to her approval, to making her any sort of happiness. If you want her to see you in a good light, you'll have to be more than a blade. Now then.." He dropped the objects at once, all of them clattering to the ground loudly. "Lift each object up, and place them on the table with the force."

One always needed a baseline to know what they were working with.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
As the objects on the table lifted with [member="Darlyn Excron"]'s raised hand and began circling Bradshaw with effortless grace, he first looked from side to side at the objects now surrounding him. His eyes narrowed. Was this some sort of threat, he wondered?

No, it wasn’t.

A more intrigued expression crossed his features. Floating objects… well, not for him… was easy, but he hadn’t seen that sort of command over the force since his father. Not that he’d seen many other force users up-close. He hadn’t even seen his own mother use the force.

Either way, Darlyn had his attention, especially when he said he could make him a hunter that could inflict pain and suffering on his enemies. That was, after all, all he wanted. Wasn’t it? He also noticed his teacher repeatedly calling him Ku instead of Bradshaw. It was his chosen last name, but as he chose it because it paired with the end of his first name to keep Shaw-Ku, in some small part, alive, it was so much more than a name and each time he called him that, it was like the striking of a drum commanding his attention.

He would’ve been more than happy for Darlyn to stop talking at the part where he would train him to be a spear, but he didn't. Instead, he asked what Bradshaw wanted after he had his vengeance. He was noticeably taken aback by the question. What did he want after his vengeance? He’d never thought about it. Hell, he hadn’t even wanted vengeance in a tangible way until relatively recently. For that matter, he'd never really had any sort of life plan before. What was there after Masq, Darth Prazutis, and Thraxis were dead? He didn’t know.

“I guess… I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it,” he offered as the only answer that came to mind.

Then, Darlyn spoke of [member="Lady Kay"]’s approval. More than a blade? What else could he be? How could destroying her enemies, her torturers, those that have repeatedly ruined her life, or have tried to ruin it, not win her approval, or make her happy? It didn’t make sense. What more could he possibly do?

His attention shifted downward as all the floating objects fell around him. Darlyn wanted him to place each back onto the table using the force. Seemed easy enough. He tried to focus, draw the force to him. Still angry, it came to him easily. In fact, as he summoned it, it didn’t just come to him, it rushed through him. Poured into him. Confident the force was working with him, he reached out to the heavy ball, his hand out stretched, he tried to lift it. It wouldn’t move. He tried again, with the same result.

Growing more frustrated, he turned his attention to the vibro blade. Like the ball, he tried to lift it, and like the ball, the force he could feel all around him would do no such thing. His temper erupted like a volcano. For a split-second, his eyes yellowed slightly, and, as if with the power and control of someone else, he swept his harms to the side, throwing the table far across the room to slam into the far wall, the vibro-blade followed, shooting through the air, embedding itself into the overturned table leaning against the wall.

Like the slowly floating objects earlier, he didn’t know how he’d done it, or even, why he’d done it. For a few moments, he barely registered he’d done it at all.

Darlyn sighed quietly, so that was the baseline. Well, that wasn't exactly good, but it wasn't the worst he could've had. The boy had ability at least. Darlyn walked past [member="Bradshaw Ku"] to the table, inspecting it and the blade. A shame, waste of a perfectly good table. He gently pulled the blade out, with his hands of course avoiding the blade itself, and freed it from the table. He turned it over in his hand, humming in thought.

"The dark side flows easily, does it not? It's quite a rush, feeling the anger fill you, letting you act with strength you never knew you had." He tossed the blade at Brad's feet, picking up the heavy ball with the force and bringing it to him. It rotated in place slowly as he continued thinking. "You must learn to harness it, to use the darkness. To manipulate it, as I do, without needing to allow it to consume you. Come time, you won't even need the darkness to act freely. Until then..."

The ball shot forward, aimed at Ku's head or chest, whichever would end up hurting more. "Show me your anger."

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Bradshaw flinched away as the practice blade flew toward him. He looked with surprise at the weapon. Then looked back up just in the time to see [member="Darlyn Excron"] rotating the heavy ball and it too shot toward him. It slammed into his stomach and ribs. His body collapsed around the ball as it drove him to the floor.

He always ended up on the floor.

Darlyn wanted to see his anger. No doubt, he’d get his wish.

Gasping for breath, part of him wanted to just stay on the ground. Another part of him could care less about his injuries. The angry part. The part he had little, if any control over.

That part won.

Flecks of yellow were burned into his iris. He was tired of being pushed around. Sick of being lectured at. Lifting himself from the floor, the ball unconsciously rose with him. The Darkside wasn’t just called to him, it didn’t just swirl around him. It was in him and it reached out toward Excar Kun’s lightsaber hanging from Darlyn’s belt. Not in an attempt to wield the Darkside relic. Just to touch it through the force.

As his aura contacted the ancient weapons’ own, it surged. Bradshaw’s vison went dark. And yet, another part of him kept acting. “How dare you! I’m your prince!” he yelled angrily with much more meaning than he’d ever attributed to his princely status on Commenor, almost like he was talking about something else entirely.

The ball dented, and then imploded next to him.

“I’ll show you your place,” he said as the blade rose from the floor and shot toward Darlyn. Close behind, Bradshaw charged his teacher, attempting to tackle him.

"False." Darlyn smiled, he'd rather hoped this would happen. It confirmed some of his suspicions forming that day on [member="Bradshaw Ku"]'s force manipulation. The boy didn't seem able to manage it without overwhelming anger, which suited him fine enough. The problem came in his inability to do so without it, however. Such was unbecoming of a prince, as Brad had so... eloquently pointed out.

Now was time for some fun with the boy. In a single, fluid motion, Darlyn's left hand moved from right to left, deflecting the practice blade with the force, and at the same time drew Exar's lightsaber, flicking it to a practice setting and igniting the blade straight at Brad. Now the blue blade wouldn't kill him, only cause him quite the sensation of pain if it touched. It was a safe way to teach him the.. futility of such full on assaults.

"You're hardly a prince with this attitude. You're not even a person, you're a beast. But one with the potential to be more." Just in case Brad managed to dodge to the side, Darlyn made sure to turn his personal weapon onto a safety setting as well. Never hurt to be careful after all.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
[member="Darlyn Excron"] pushed the vibro-blade aside with the ease of someone pushing away an annoying branch. It tumbled to the side through the air and onto the floor. However, Bradshaw was too caught up to notice. But as he charged forward, he couldn’t miss what happened next.

The teacher’s blue blade ignited straight at him. He tried to change the momentum of his assault to avoid the weapon but his forward charge wasn’t meant for maneuverability. The blade slammed into his left shoulder, the pain dropping him faster than a Bantha to the slaughter. He slid across the floor, past Darlyn. If he’d been stunned by the practice blade when it had flown near him, he was near catatonic after being hit with a lightsaber he didn’t know was on training mode.

All he knew was that his arm hurt and it had been hit by a lightsaber, a weapon infamous throughout the galaxy for being quite good at separating body parts from the whole. Fearful, he looked down at his shoulder and arm. Huh, he thought, it was still attached and look, it moves. The pain of the strike was channeled away from his shoulder and into the force.

He’d forgotten about lightsaber training modes. The last time he’d encountered such a thing was fifteen years ago when his father was training him. A long time ago.

He stood up, his ego even more inflated with the erroneous thought that he’d somehow managed to shield himself from the lightsaber.

“Not a prince.” He laughed, “I’ve got more than potential, even your lightsaber’s afraid to cut me! Time to make this a fair fight” he said, right hand outstretched towered Darlyn. He reached out to grasp Kun’s lightsaber and this time, he did mean to wield it. He pulled at the weapon with all his might, attempting to rip it away from the knight.

"You really are an arrogant child. It's a training mode. But if you're so confident in yourself, be my guest." He kept a firm grip on Exar's blade, but he did note that Brad's grip pulling at it was rather impressive for a novice. Still, he couldn't allow such a relic outside of his grip, the weapon's second blade would be incredibly dangerous to the boy. So instead, he unclipped his yellow weapon, locked it into practice mode for now, and tossed the weapon to him.

"You want a lightsaber duel? Bring it then, I've killed stronger opponents than you with less." Hopefully [member="Bradshaw Ku"] would take the bait and grab the normal weapon, just to have it. With it locked into practice mode, neither of them could kill the other, but every strike would hurt. And the boy only worked well with something to fuel his emotions into. So naturally, Darlyn planned to beat a sense of humility into him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom