Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply You Can't Fix Boredom

Connie do this. Connie do that. Connie, fly to Coruscant and bring me back the Chancellor's riches.

Connie Copal was officially fed up. Stuck outside, tending to a busted speeder bike that someone had dropped off earlier that day. Her folks had taken a look at it and... passed it straight along to her. They'd barely even looked at it before deciding it was her problem. Now it was Connie who had to spend all afternoon with her arms buried in the oil-slatered guts of a broken bike, reaching for that one blown valve that she needed to fix.

Seriously, how could you miss that? It was like, right there, just past the fuel injection line and power cell fixtures. Literally staring you in the face, past several bulky components and different casing. She could've been doing anything else, like sorting out her assignments for school... maybe. Or, far more likely, working on her droid project, or checking out the markets for some cheap parts. Something that wasn't this baby work.

She tossed the valve aside finally, hearing it tink against something else the yard. The place was open to the street, leading into the garage and wider repair store. With her parents busy dealing with the more interesting work in the store itself, and her brothers out earning their own living, Connie was pretty much alone with little but her wits, wrench and constant complaints for company.

There's gotta be something more interesting happening than this. A big job. A fire. A visit from the Queen of Naboo. Anythiiiiiiiiiing.

Time to get the hell outta' dodge. That was Persephone's intention. After her most recent blunder, having assaulted a Jedi Master in the relative public of all places, she had decided it might have been best to take a backseat for a couple months. Lest she be hounded by the Jedi's Shadows. She wasn't too scared of them, but was also aware they were crafty, and knowledgeable. Better to give them time to forget before she made her way back to Coruscant.

The steady click of her heels was audible as the Elder Sangnir strolled her territory. She was indeed on the way to the spaceport to get on her ship and disappear herself for a while, when she idly overheard someone speaking to themselves. The attention caused her to instinctively sense outwards, pass the girl to the others inside. Hmm, well she wasn't in a deathly rush was she?

As such, she slowed, crimson nails gently plucked at the chain-link fence that dotted the perimeter of their property. That human smell always brought with it an urge to feed. However, she had long stopped feeding from the young. This girl was too young to be fed upon. Though, her family inside... Well, why should Persephone be so cruel, for the sake of being cruel hmm?

No, instead she observed the young one working, steadily stalking in their direction. If possible, she would move right up to the other, slowing to a halt before staring. If she had been noticed at that point, she wouldn't say anything, and simply stare. However, if she had approached with her stealth intact, she would deliver a well placed

"Boo!"

Snickering to herself after she did so, seemingly unfettered by the fact the girl could easily scream for her parents. After all, she wanted to see something interesting right? What could working in a place like this do for her?

For now, she would learn more about the child. The children were the future after all. She wondered what this one could offer her...

Connie Copal Connie Copal

There was usually so little going on that Connie felt safe and dandy kneeling there, buried in the middle of a speeder. It was a repair yard, the only people who'd be heading inside were either potential customers or her folks. Neither of which needed much attention from her, for obvious reasons. Besides, even if someone did approach, would she even notice? Too busy lost in the guts of the bike, too busy thinking the Galaxy is out to get her, too lost in her own bored introspection to notice much of anything.

Feeder line is corroded and needs patching... why am I here, I coulda been doing anything... tighten up this sprocket or it's gonna start shearing off plating soon... seriously, just leave me with a whole speeder on my day off school? What's up with th-

"Boo!"

Connie jumped, hearing the voice from behind her. Real close behind her. She whipped around, instantly sliding her hand from the bike. A little too fast, it seemed, as she winced and looked down. A thin cut on her lower arm, inbetween the smears of oil and grease, beaded with a little blood. She wiped it with her thumb before looking up at the strange, pale woman.

"Uh... hello?" she asked uncertainly, peering at her. Strange lookin' lady, probably needed more sunlight. Not that she could talk though.

"Can I help you?" she asked, in a slightly sullen manner.

Persephone Ambrosia Persephone Ambrosia

Connie Copal Connie Copal

Connie jumped, hearing the voice from behind her. Real close behind her. She whipped around, instantly sliding her hand from the bike. A little too fast, it seemed, as she winced and looked down. A thin cut on her lower arm, inbetween the smears of oil and grease, beaded with a little blood. She wiped it with her thumb before looking up at the strange, pale woman.

"Can I help you?" she asked, in a slightly sullen manner.

Could she help her? Maybe, Persephone had no doubt. Always a sucker to change a life for no other reason than she could do so with relative impunity. Arrogance, matched with eloquence. Standing in a junkyard of all places, Persephone was definitely emitting some eerie vibes, smirking as the other cut themselves, her eyes darting down to the simple cut with a giggle. It was something that struck her as touché. Though this girl simply wouldn't get it. As such Persephone would gently cant her head and speak a response

"Maybe?"

Persephone straightened her form, stepping up beside the girl and peering into the engine she was working on.

"You seem good at this..."

Leaning slightly, Persephone placed her red claw like fingernails on the hood of the speeder, leaning slightly and peering at specific components before leaning back up and brushing nothing off of her hands.

"My friends call me Perse'.. And sorry, I just couldn't help but overhear you walking past... Most times I ignore that kind of thing, but today I felt... Almost drawn..."

Was it the Force? Even rendering herself Force Dead did not stop it from working around her, even now. Sometimes it seemed even beyond normal means, she found herself indebted in its machinations, though she did her best to hide away from its lull. She had her fun with it, but resented its use. All the same, she had noted most of them had that same wildfire look in their eyes. The ones the Jedi and Sith snatched up to train.

Not that she could talk though...

"Anyway..."

She would shake her head lightly, ivory strands whisking about.

"I just thought it was interesting you were talking about big jobs. I mean Coronet isn't a bad city its just... Anyway, I'll leave you alone. Busy, busy right?"

Persephone asked pretending she needed to be careful as she stepped through the light gravel of the yard. Not yet leaving, but giving the other space after casually being ignorant of her personal space. She was after all stopping by on the road, intent to pick this little ones mind. She bore this youngling no ill intent; instead in her she saw snippets of a life that seemed like it never happened some days.

Others, she would snatch the memories from thin air, and cry from them until she forgot again. Indeed, even a life like hers was not without pain, and bouts of remorse. Snuffed out, and suppressed by potential acts of kindness, like the one that may or may not be unfolding right there in the lot. That was the ticket... Kill Ten, help a few, live with yourself.

The decidedly strange lady stepper closer, prompting Connie to step a little further back. 'Personal space' is an important concept, one the pale woman seemed to be totally alien to. Nevertheless, she came out with a compliment, which was enough to temper the teenager's distrust for a moment.

"Thanks... I guess," she told her, though she stood a little taller with that. Listening to the woman talk about being 'drawn' over did little to improve Connie's mood, though. Perce, huh? I'm not your friend, lady, she thought. Basic politeness kept her from saying it for the moment. She folded her arms around herself though, casting a sceptical look over her.

"I didn't say anything about big jobs..." Connie muttered as Perce started to slip away. She'd certainly thought it... maybe she'd been muttering at the same time. Connie was a little prone to grumbling without realising. Staring at Perce as she moved towards the exit, Connie bit her lip and wondered what she meant.

"Wait!" she finally called out, following her towards the exit. "What did you mean, a big job? And all that stuff about Coronet?" A little frown on her face, sure, but there was something in those bright blue eyes. Curiosity. Hunger. Need. "Who are you?"

Did she not? She thought she had... All the same, Persephone wasn't turning back around. It was important the girl chased her. Wanted to know about Persephone offered. In which case she could easily offer it. Fishing with humans was usually done just in this manner. Dangle something different on the line in front of them, and no matter how much they said they didn't want to know more, there was human nature, simply easting at them to discover. To learn about the unexplored.

"Wait!" she finally called out, following her towards the exit. "What did you mean, a big job? And all that stuff about Coronet?" A little frown on her face, sure, but there was something in those bright blue eyes. Curiosity. Hunger. Need. "Who are you?"

Stopping as she neared the exit, the blood red dress she wore flickered briefly in the wind, revealing the black leggings underneath. In that single moment, Connie could easily look at this woman and tell... Something was off about her. She was uncharacteristically perfect. Not a blemish, or a scrape. Just some woman out of nowhere, dressed to the nines and going nowhere. Apparently bothering Connie for whatever reason she had found to do so.

"Hm?"

Persephone pulled her fingers up to her brow, pulling her hair out of her face as she smirked at the youngling.

"Oh, well... You know. Coronet is a fun place, but in comparison to Coruscant... I mean come on. Every day is an adventure.. For an actually good mechanic like yourself... At your age? All I'm saying is don't get too attached to this place..."

She pointed behind the girl dismissively at what was essentially home. As boring as it was, she should've stayed there. Though... How did Persephone end up ruining her old life, and finding this new one... Same story... Except for her, it was clothes. Embroidery... She used to make clothes..

The revelation caused her to stand there in brief shock, eyes panning left before a slight shake to her head was given; resting back on the youngling.

"My name's... Callie I own a few nightclubs on Coruscant.. A few junkers, garages... You name it."

Persephone responded with a smirk, having long stopped since the girl called out, and was now just watching her... What a stunning set of eyes the young lady possessed. She was almost jealous. As odd as it seemed, there was no doubt staring into them... The Force played a part in her very being. The quality of her work... Oh yes, she would watch this one's career with great interest... Even better...

"Actually, I'm looking for a new garage manager... There are more than a few big jobs coming up. When you finally blow this place, pick Coruscant. Ask around the lower levels for Callie, tell them you're my niece. They'll lead you the right way... For the most part, Coruscant can be dangerous too, obviously."

She said, turning back and noting the position of the sun for a time check.

"What's your name?"

All I'm saying is don't get too attached to this place..."

Connie frowned, following the woman's finger. Pointing at her home, her family's business, her whole world. Yeah, Connie looked down on it all the time. A small place with a junkyard attached. She could badmouth it all she wanted, but the idea of some weird woman in an expensive-looking dress looking down on her home? Fires of pride burned a little inside her, getting her ready to defend the place.

Connie noticed the woman's glazing over for a second, lost in her thoughts. Narrowing her eyes, Connie took in what she had to say. "Callie? Or Perce?" she asked, suspicious about the mix of names that were coming from her mouth. Whatever uncertainty came from her varied names, however, was quickly washed away in what she had to say. A businesswoman, maybe? She was doing something right to own that many of them. Nightclubs and garages. Looking for a new garage manager...

I could totally run a garage. I do that right now, in everything but name!

All too quickly, Connie was lost in visions of being in charge in her own garage. Having people working for her, under her, listening to her instructions rather than looking down on her or treating her like just some kid. Big jobs. Nice credits. A life beyond Coronet City and her family. 'Callie' gave voice to the kinds of feelings Connie had always had. A different planet, a different world. The bright lights and seductive glamour of Coruscant. A city with billions upon billions of people. So much opportunity. So much life!

"Everywhere's dangerous," she replied impetuously, but it was clear that 'Callie' had hooked her. She stepped forwards, holding out her hand. The cleaner one, at least. "Call me Connie," she said, sharing her preferred nickname. Connapolli was a mouthful, even at the best of times. "Connie Copal." She nodded back behind herself, where the cheap sign spelled out Copal Parts and Repairs in scattershot Aubresh.

"What kind of jobs do you have going on?" Connie asked, curiosity getting the better of her. "And uh... aren't you looking for someone older?" Her sense of caution was telling her to ask this, even as the rest of her was hoping desperately that she didn't care. If she really was dangling this in front of Connie, it was almost too good to be true.

TAG: Connie Copal Connie Copal

Connie Copal, had a ring to it. The type of name she could see above some place.

I could totally run a garage. I do that right now, in everything but name!

And hunger. The readiness to further oneself shone through clearly. Persephone found herself quickly impressed by the younglings lack of hesitation; ready to jump on the opportunity while it was hot. If the girl kept that mindset moving forward, she could definitely get her into a better position... Though, of course making deals with the devil generally held some hidden caveat. Here, Persephone hadn't yet decided what that would've been yet.

She had decided however, that someone was about to lose their job. There was the shop owned by Mina Fob... Well, Fob was long overdue for an accident as things stood in the current. And a younger, more malleable mind would do her well, when the time came for her own devises to be worked on. What was more, she didn't see anyone giving this angel a hard time; obviously, they would receive a lethally hard time if they happened to do so.

"What kind of jobs do you have going on?" Connie asked, curiosity getting the better of her. "And uh... aren't you looking for someone older?"

What kind of jobs do you have going on? Oh yeah, that would be a great conversation point.

'I'm harvesting humans' No, that was too tame.

'I'm plotting to assassinate a Master Jedi before she comes searching for me to enact vengeance'

Hmmm...

"Well, for one if I can get this new store up and running, it'll be top level... That's out of the pits. Sunlight, Moonlight... It'll be your store. You'll run it yourself until you get used to it... I'll... Cover your costs till then"

Persephone said with a smile, watching the other still, letting her entire head dip briefly forward as something came to mind.

"And listen, there are girls your age joining military service, by comparison this is tame... And a good opportunity. Think about it. Connie Copal."

She repeated the name with purpose, eyes raising suddenly as she whipped her head to turn. Finally getting off of the gravel and able to pick up some speed. She would only turn back once again to point at the youngling.

"Callie, or Perse... They'll take you where you need to go. Oh, but remember the niece part. That's important."

The woman warned, offering her a gentle waggle of her fingers as a sign of her departing. She may have stopped if they were any other questions, but didn't think anything else should've confused the girl.

A top-level store? Her own store? That sounded exciting. That sounded amazing! It sounded... way too good to be true, but Connie was too wrapped up in the dream to care too much. Callie even said she'd cover her costs, which was a surefire way to lure her in. Little risk involved? The ability to strike out on her own, on the busiest and most exciting world that could ever exist in a teenager's imagination?

Connie supposed she was right. Younger people than her were taken in for training. Heck, even those Jedi weirdos took kids in for their weird temple stuff. What was this, but a much cooler version of that? Connie Copal did think about it. The thought planted itself somewhere deep. Even if she wasn't ready to head off that day, that week, that month, it'd always be there.

No matter what she was going through, no matter what was upsetting her, no matter what she felt angry about... she could escape and find a life for herself.

"Uh huh... bye," she said, returning the awkward wave. Watching the ultra-glamorous woman slip out of the family repair yard, everything seeming to fall back into dull, gunmetal grey. For a moment, Connie had felt true excitement. Real ambition. It was something she couldn't resist again.

She tapped in the details into her datapad, just to keep safe. What she had to say, where she had to go.

Someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom