Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet Another Path

It was almost mind numbing, just how much and how often Anora had to rearrange her life. From one thing to another, she always eventually ended up having to pick up and change everything around all over again. Most of the time there was a set path, some place for her to go, some place for her to be, something new for her to learn. This time however, there was nothing. Nora hadn’t heard from Tyran in…she didn’t even recall the last time they had spoken, and it admittedly left her floundering a little. So, she did things to keep herself busy.

Eventually, one of those things was led by her conscious. Why? Anora had absolutely no idea. In all fairness, there was absolutely no reason as to why the brunette owed anything to anyone – especially on Kashyyyk. But, the lightsaber she had strapped to her side was not hers, and despite the time she had, had it and even worked with it, the saber needed to be back with it’s owner.

Granted, Anora wasn’t stupid enough to approach her sister and attempt to put the damned weapon the younger woman had attempted to kill the older with back into the blonde’s hands. No, she knew who the saber needed to be turned into, though admittedly Nora wasn’t looking forward to seeing him either. However, it was a matter of lesser of two evils at this point, and as such the brunette had stepped into the halls of the Rest as if she had never left it.

Constantly she had her senses open, most definitely on the alert for Eenia. The last thing she wanted was a repeat of what had happened to Tyran’s ship happening here in the Rest. While impressive in a screwed up way, it was certainly not ideal. So, she made sure to keep a look out for the younger Vahn sister while she searched for her former Master throughout the halls. Knowing him well enough, he would probably find her before she found him anyhow.

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

"Anora."

It seemed he had. Having sensed her presence and knowing the halls of the Silver Rest well enough, Josh had plotted out where she was likely going and headed her off while under the White Current. Invisible to sight and sense, he had waited for her to walk by before stepping behind her and revealing himself. He had to admit, he was curious. The last he had seen her, she had left the Order in a rage because they hadn't been fast enough to find someone who they couldn't sense. Kind of unreasonable if you asked him. And then she'd gone and did stuff with Eenia that had traumatized her for life and Josh was still dealing with that. So needless to say, he was curious as to what brought his former Padawan back here.

It was there he noticed the lightsaber clipped to her hip. Was she here to return it, perhaps? He knew immediately it was Eenia's, he had been there when she had built it. He stared at her curiously. Or was she simply here for another reason?

"What brings you?"

[member="Anora Vahn"]

In the two years she had been gone, Anora had admittedly forgotten what quite a few people were capable of. The only skills that she recalled with perfect clarity? Were the ones seared into her mind by her sister when the younger girl had displayed them effortlessly. So having someone seem to step out of the wall behind her caused Anora to turn on a heel and start to reach for the weapon at her side. Luckily recognition caught up with her first, and with a heavy sigh through her nose, she relaxed - as much as she could all things considered.

There were two sides to every story, after all. And her telling of what had happened - both with her departure and what had happened with Eenia - were no different.

Being questioned about why she was here caused the brunette's gaze to drop to her hip, or more importantly the saber there, before it returned to the man stood in front of her now. "Not gonna lie, I had been talked into keeping the damned thing. I mean it nearly took my life after all, and I got it from her hand." Unconventionally, but still.

"However," she continued, and deflated just a tad. "It isn't mine. And despite everything that's happened, I know my sister well enough to know how hard she had to have worked for this. Whether it was just a means to an end or not. And that in mind, I couldn't just keep it..." Always the big sister, even when was really no longer required to be as such, considering said little sister attempted to kill her.

"We have a hundred Jedi here who for all their patience and training, would gladly turn their blades on the ones who took away those most precious to them" Josh spoke calmly when Anora pointed out that Eenia had turned her lightsaber on her. While perhaps it wasn't all excusable, he understood it too. "I still await the day I might avenge mine. My parents... And my wife."

He doubted it would help, but he at least wanted to give Anora some level of clarity. He didn't know why she had killed her parents. Only that Eenia had struck out for it. He knew there was a side to every story and he was curious if Anora would ever tell hers on the matter. All he knew was that she'd done it, and Eenia had acted as he would expect anyone to from such an act of betrayal. But it seemed she had come for the sheer fact the blade wasn't hers. She pointed out that likely, she had worked hard for it.

"She did" He responded first toward that. "Endured great distraction in the caves. And a long time of training to earn the right to wield it too."

He hoped to soothe, at least. To give her a clean conscience on her decision. But he did understand what was going on, too. She wanted to return the blade, but... Seeing as she wasn't asking for Eenia's whereabouts...

"You don't wish to face her, I assume?"

[member="Anora Vahn"]

A frown immediately stole over Anora's expression, and her walls came up almost as quickly. Seems old habits really did die hard, and her defensiveness was just as quick to rise as it always was. "What I did was justified." she stated, firmly even. She was no longer speaking to her Master after all, and while there would always be some level of deeply rooted respect for Josh, right now his comment was out of line. "I spared my sister the details of what happened and why because I know her. I know how she is, how she thinks, and what it would have done to her. And for the record? I didn't personally kill anyone.

"I read up on details, jobs that had been done, facts, and criminal databases. And when I was brought face to face with the pair of them? I gave them the chance to explain themselves, and every bit of what I had been told was true. They were guilty, and I stepped aside when it was time for them to pay the price for the things they had done." She made a frustrated sound. "Was it the right thing to do as their child? No. I'm not an idiot, I know that you're supposed to protect your family at all costs. But did they do that for me? Or for Eenia for that matter? No! They faked their own deaths, and created a lie that they risked catching up with them every single day. And the second either of us got to be too much for them to handle? They shipped us away to be someone else's problem."

Anora's head shook once. "It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. I did what I thought was right. And in turn, Eenia did what she thought was right."

Speaking of...When asked if she wanted to see her sister, Nora scoffed. "Unless you think the Rest is in need of some serious redecorating? I don't think that's a good idea. Apparently our sibling rivalry becomes ultra destructive."

"I only know the basics of the matter" He quickly pointed out when Anora got defensive. It was best to clarify, after all. After that he let her explain herself. It seemed it was less killing them personally, and either hiring someone to do it, or just letting them die. Both seemed rather cruel for a daughter to do based on reading on criminal records. Clearly she'd never heard of rehabilitation. But that was for her to figure out. The hard way, probably, eventually. Apparently all his training her not to kill and to regard criminals as those who could redeem themselves with a chance had been forgotten. It was literally the most important thing he taught, though.

He did feel bad she'd been lied to, of course, and shipped off. But now her actions had potentially destroyed both her life and Eenia's. For he doubted she would be able to forget enabling their deaths like that. No matter how she justified it, it would likely haunt her for the rest of her life.

Either way, he allowed the topic to move on. He nodded his head. "We could always use an interior decorator if you're applying" He joked nonchalantly, though the smallest of smiles crossed the corner of his lip. "But as for the lightsaber, I can take it to her."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

"Judge all you want to. It's not like it was an easy decision to make, or one that lets me sleep well at night." she had figured it out some time ago that the nightmares that turned to Force nightmares had stemmed from the decision. That and purposefully not keeping up with Force training? It had been a gnarly ordeal on more than one occasion.

But her head shook and her hands came up. "Its whatever, it's done and over with now." And it was. The job was done, it couldn't be changed now, and she wasn't going to sit and attempt to explain herself to anyone about it. The only one who deserved an explanation was Eenia, and after what had happened between them? Well, Nora just didn't quite feel up to giving her that explanation anymore.

So when the subject of the saber came up again, she sighed, but nodded and unclipped it from her side. For a long moment she held onto it, gripping it tightly with both hands. It wasn't any sort of connection to the weapon itself, but rather it was really the only piece of her sister she had - save for a few physical and mental scars. But, Nora's grip relaxed and she held the saber out towards Josh with a huff through her nose.

“The judgement is not mine to make. It is yours” He responded calmly when she took his words to be judgement. He was disappointed she had forgotten his lessons but she would be the one to suffer for it all in the end. That was punishment enough.

Either way Anora, with a huff, would hold out the lightsaber. Nodding his head, he would reach out and take it, examining it a moment as if to confirm it was Eenia’s nodding his head again, he looked to her.

“And what do you plan to do now? Where does your path take you?”

Other than the nightmares that had plagued her for some time, Anora had made peace with what she had done. It had been a decision made during a time that she had been in a rough place. It wasn't something she could explain to anyone, it wasn't something she could even attempt to put into words. It had been something within herself that had steered her in an entirely different direction.

The fact that she had been rather blinded by her own personal upsets over a few things didn't help matters any. It had helped her to make rash and hasty decisions. And those were things she had come to terms with over her time away.

Now however, she had seemed to come full circle, and she raked the hand she had been holding the saber with through her hair before shrugging in response to Josh's inquiry. "To be perfectly honest? I don't know anymore." she answered him. "My friend is gone. I don't have the slightest idea where he went or why for that matter. And with him gone, any life sustaining paying jobs are off the table." Again she shrugged. "Seems to be my lot in life, attempting to find my place."

She was lost. Perhaps that was part of why she had returned? She could have shipped the lightsaber back here in a box if she had wanted to just bring it. Perhaps she had come for closure? Or perhaps this was lowkey her way to ask for a hand? Josh wasn't sure if any of that was the case, but he would nod his head as he decided to at least try and help.

"Do you need a place to stay?" He would inquire after that. "We should have a room you can use while you try and figure things out."

Another thought crossed his mind, and he looked at her pointedly. "I'm also happy to assist you in shaking off the rust, if you so desire. I'd rather not send any of my students out there unprepared for the galaxy around them. Current or former."

He'd been able to tell in her presence that she hadn't been training. And that was dangerous for a Force User. Force Users were commonly targeted, but most importantly, it made them a danger even more to themselves.

[member="Anora Vahn"]

"Rest assured, I'm not entirely rusty." Anora answered, and for a moment she looked almost amused. "My friend made sure I stayed at the top of my physical game, and after having to replace furniture and help him get a new ship to boot? I went back to the bare minimum of Force training, if only to make sure I didn't blow up his house in my sleep."

She sighed and folded her arms tightly against herself. Fact of the matter was, Anora really didn't have any place else to go. She had come here to personally return the lightsaber because it gave her something to do other than sit around and wait for Tyran to either show up or not. But she wasn't one of those who was oblivious to a sign when it was right in front of her face either.

Everything happened for a reason, she had always been a firm believer in that fact. So being here? Well...

"I don't know," she finally answered. "It's not like I have any place else to go." she could return back to where she had been, but she would be alone there, and while she could hunt well enough on her own now and survive, there were certain resources that would run out if she couldn't get any jobs to take. "I suppose I was led back here for one reason or another." she added with a shrug of a shoulder.

"Let's be honest" He spoke up, smirking lightly as he held up the lightsaber. "You could have mailed the thing."

"A purpose" The Jedi Master trailed off, beginning to walk and motioning for her to walk by his side. "Everyone needs one. Everyone needs a place to go, a place to be... Something to do, something to strive for... Somewhere to belong. It took me decades to find it, and you struck out from here to find yours years ago."

He pondered her situation a moment before speaking again. "Yet you don't seem happy, it doesn't seem like you found it. So it does make sense to check where you started for leads" He admitted, scratching his beard. "Maybe something was here that you were missing? Something right in front of you that you didn't see, or didn't know about?"

He let out a sigh. "It's actually kind of funny, I never did get a chance to tell you about plans for your recommendation before you ran off. I thought you would have been a perfect fit. But maybe I was wrong? Maybe I didn't know you as well as I thought I did."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

It was far too easy to fall right back into step. Despite not being a student anymore, the mindset was still there. Even though she didn't have to listen - and could exorcise that fact easily enough as she had already proven - she did. Anora followed along when she was motioned to do as such, and when Josh spoke up about her running off, she made an almost frustrated noise.

"My reasons for running off had a lot to do with not being happy too, you know." she let out. "And I wasn't unhappy where I went." she paused. "I mean, there were days of course, but...Never mind. The point is, every time I think I've found my place? Some twist occurs, and turns everything around on it's head."

Her fingers clasped together and she put her hands up behind her head as she walked. "And for the record, just because I attempted to find my own way, doesn't mean I'm not still the same person. Tuned a little differently maybe, but still the same person."

"That's fair" He spoke up when she brought up she was unhappy here, but had found happiness elsewhere... At least to an extent. She also insisted that she was the same person, even if he hadn't tried to imply that.

"Never said you were. I was more saying perhaps I didn't know you as well as I thought I did" He clarified calmly after that. Josh always tried to get to know his Padawans, but Anora had been a bit more closed off, and there just hadn't been an opportunity for him to get to know her better. He was busy a lot, and had to flip between his work and spending time with his son. So that's just how it went. But Anora had left before, perhaps, he had been able to read her to a point that perhaps he could have helped her.

"Before you left, I had spoken with the Assembly about a position for you once you had completed your training with me" He revealed then as they turned the corner to where he couldn't see much for people. "Within the Order is an organization that operates from the shadows. We don't talk about it much. But they are our eyes, our ears, our infiltrators. They are our biggest battlers against criminals. While you have people like me who kick down doors and stop operations... It is they who collect our intelligence to set up that door kicking, and if the opportunity arises... They shut it all down. When not battling criminals... They are battling the dark. It is they who, if they wish it, hunt down Sith Lords and ensure an end to the pain they cause in the galaxy. For it is they who have the skill to plan, to track and to hunt. To seize opportunity where they see it.

You were impressive in the Zeltros mission. Even my best Padawan neglected to stay in character, mingle and blend in. The other members of my squad failed to understand the point of the infiltration mission, as did my superiors who labelled it a failure and attempted to have the next point started without us, until I bought us time. But you stood out as the one who understood. And you did well. Now, if doing it full time would have been something you would have wanted, that's another story. I was intending to offer it to you at graduation."

All cards were on the table now. He wanted her to know what the plans had been, that there had always been a direction for her if she had wanted it. She just needed to complete her training first to ensure she was ready.

"But I suppose that's in the past. Still, I've wanted to tell you that since you left. You were never forgotten about, or overlooked. And you were absolutely a priority when you were taken."

He shrugged. Again, it was in the past. But at least he could do something to make it right, sort of.

"Either way, I've arranged for your new quarters" He spoke up, holding up a datapad he had been working on, communicating quietly to those he worked with. He'd been doing it so subtly while giving his explanation that one might not have even realized he was doing it until he told her. "I assume you don't want Eenia to find you. Would you like me to ensure she doesn't?" He inquired. "I can use illusions to mask you. But you'll need to hide your force presence yourself. The illusion will also wear off if I am inactive, such as when I am asleep. As well as if I get too far away, say, when I go off-world. But I can teach you how to use them if you wish. Though in the meantime, you'll need to remain out of sight of Eenia should either of those circumstances occur. But if you're ready to face her, well... I won't stop you. But if you come to blows, I will."

He smiled slightly. "Just be warned I play a little more rough outside of sparring."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

Anora's brow pulled down in the middle while she listened to him explain the plans that he had, had for her. Naturally, some part of her had always felt badly for leaving the way she had - the part that hadn't felt vindicated over the matter at least. It hadn't been a wrong decision by any means, and she would never consider it as such. Nora had learned so much from her time spent with Tyran, things that she never would have really learned here among the Jedi.

However, there was also a part of her that had felt abandoned because of it, and she knew exactly why. She had tried very hard, for a long time, to just ignore her connection to the Force. She hadn't ever really thought about cutting herself off from it, but she had pretty much just attempted to go on through her days without using it for a plethora of reasons. That hadn't exactly brought about too many good things for her - or for Ty's house, if she were being honest - and while she had eventually given in and started mildly training again, it wasn't the same. None of it had been remotely the same, and she knew that.

And the last thing she had expected was to hear that she had been scouted for some top notch, hush-hush group. "That's--" she started, but what could she say about it? Or about his sneaky arrangements for finding her a place to stay for that matter.

"Thank you," she sighed out, and her shoulders sagged just a little. For a moment she looked tired, and the sibling resemblance was strong between herself and her lately-melancholy-sister. But it passed quickly and her head shook. "I don't need to hide from her." Anora answered about Eenia. "Before, when she found me, the air of hostility was immediate and thick. Almost like it polluted the whole area around her and everywhere she had been." She frowned a little. "I don't feel any of that now..." Which was partially her way of saying it wouldn't come to a fight - or so she hoped - but also asking what the hell had happened to her sister without actually asking after her.

He knew immediately that she wanted to know why. Why the anger was gone, and everything about her seemed so dulled down. He watched her, watched her expression, and nodded his head to indicate he understood. He oped she would forgive him for being as blunt as he was about to be.

"Without you, she sought solace in a man who came here to train, despite being Kaine Zambrano's son. Despite our warnings about trusting him, they got together, he got her pregnant... He ditched her right before prom, and she miscarried. Our medical team did the best they could and were able to stabilize her health, and I thought quickly and paired her with one of my brothers for the prom, and that seemed to go well... But the emotional scarring with all that paired with never seeming to get over what happened with you, well... Eenia hasn't been the same woman in a long time."

He let out a sigh. "I've done everything I can, thus far. I've been there for her if she needs to talk, been there to support her, and given her the time away from training she's needed for both her physical health after the miscarriage, as well as her mental health in the time since her recover. I've treated her as though she were my own daughter, and I wish I could do more. But I understand that Eenia needs to help Eenia. And that will be a long road."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

There was a scoff from Anora. "She took solace in that monster well before I left." she stated matter of fact like. "In fact, he was the reason--" but the rest of what was being said to her, the rest of what had been said to her, caught up to her and Anora fell silent. Slowly the emotions cycled through her expression, starting with confusion and roiling quickly beyond into confusion, frustration, fury, and then? Her expression went stoic.

"My sister lost a baby, and that low life didn't stick with her?" there was a surge of fury that rose up from the pit of her belly and pulsed through her veins like liquid fire. It caused her hands to ball into tight fists, hard enough that the skin of her palms could be heard giving way as her fingernails dug into them. But she caught herself, and she didn't move. She knew if she did move, she would hunt that boy down and rip him apart with her bare hands.

Granted, she knew that she had not been around either. Anora knew she hadn't been there when her sister clearly needed someone, but the difference in the situation? She hadn't gotten someone pregnant and then run off when something so utterly heart shattering had transpired over that very pregnancy.

Slowly her teeth raked harshly against her lower lip, and her head shook once, then twice, but her stance did not relax this time.

He knew that would be her reaction. Though he had to admit he was surprised she took it this well. Former Jedi didn't tend to be very good at holding in their emotions, especially anger. He let her process it for a bit, wishing there was more he could do, but knowing she needed to be alone for a moment while she was as volatile as she was. Once she did begin to settle though, he would reach forward and pull her into a gentle hug.

"I'm sorry that all of this has happened" He spoke softly. "I wish we could have prevented it, but someone in love is difficult to deter. Unfortunately, she just fell in love with the wrong person" He admitted. "We've done all we can to help her, but I think the only person that's going to be able to get Eenia out of her present rut, is Eenia. Though if you have anything in mind, we'll certainly listen. Force knows we hate seeing her like this."

He hurt. And that was evident in his voice, even if he'd tried to hide it. He wanted to help, but he just felt... Useless.

[member="Anora Vahn"]

It was clear Anora hadn't been braced for any sort of comforting gesture. She stiffened more - for a moment - if that was at all possible, but at the very least she didn't shove him away or lash out over the matter. It was actually kind of nice to have just a moment of support over something that Nora knew she could do absolutely nothing about to change. It had happened, it was already done, and retaliation wasn't going to serve any good purpose to anyone involved. In fact it would probably only end up getting Anora in trouble in the end.

A deep breath was pulled in through the brunette's nose and it was sighed out slowly the same way. "This isn't the sort of rut you can just snap out of." she stated, "And I'm not referring to the brokenhearted one. Despite everything, I know my sister." she folded her arms and adjust her weight to be supported more on one leg than the other. "The loss of a child is going to be where she's dwelling. I can't say anything about anything else, but I know that sort of loss is what's going to be dragging her down."

Anora's head shook a bit. "I'd say to just wipe her memory of the situation as a whole, but not only would that need to be her decision, but I'm not entirely sure that would fix things. Just might leave her with an unyielding ache that she can't understand or figure out."

He kept the gesture for as long as she indicated she was fine with it. He wanted to give some indication he was there, regardless of if she was still one of them or not. She was still a friend, in his eyes. He wished there was more he could do, but he knew that his options were terribly limited. Eventually though, he did let go.

"I can" He spoke softly. "But it would not be an easy feat. And the only way to remove something so prominent would be to not only remove the memory but reconfigure any associated ones as well. Otherwise the gaping holes in her memory might drive her mad."

He let out a sigh. "I will consult her on the matter. What I cannot do is erase her memory of Kahlil. I can erase the memory of a single moment, yes, but not the many she's shared. There would be too many threads that would be cut if I did."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom