Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet Another Day

Hugh Seyley

H
Lunar Meadow

I stand here, near my house, trying to figure out what to do. I could go swimming or I could do go to the local gym. It’s not very modern or anything and it’s regulated by a friend’s dad, so I guess it would be a great option. But yet it feels like I should do something else. I should go looking for her or maybe I should go on the streets, visit the market or something. I should socialize more. Just writing stuff about her has become boring, though I still love her.

Well, and I started moving towards the centre of this little town. I already saw lots of people. Normally there weren’t that much people on the streets. It wasn’t the Great Marketing Day either, so it seemed a bit strange. Probably most of them were tourists. It was a normal thing now. People from Coruscant and Alderaan and whatever planets there are come to the little planet to see its beauty. Some of them leave disappointed. But some find this place to be beautiful. I don’t know what I think about it.

Now I stood on the streets, looking at the tabletops which stood outside. There were many people, but I managed to keep myself from moving on with the flow. These human waves were powerful. If people stood on the way of it, they had an option… to start moving with it until it gets a bit more peaceful or let them walk over you. I pressed myself against one table as strongly as I could while I looked at the probably delicious bread.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen walked through the flat land of the planet, admiring the beauty of the planet. Personally, he preferred woodlands, but he could still see the beauty that was there. "Well Ace, looks like its time to head home." Tossing a holocron up into the air, he smiled as it fell back towards his hannd, watched by the eyes of his smaller companion. After a successful mission which had led to a sith put in custody and the recovery of the small relic, Vulpesen was happy to return with the jedi order's prize. As he made his way to his ship, he found himself feeling a tug in the force, drawing him to a light in the crowd of the planet. "Well then, it seems like we've got something of another objective." Shadow or not, Vulpesen still saw it as his responsibility to find those who could follow the path of light and thus he turned and made his way to the location of this new person. @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
I bought some bread, which wasn't expensive at all, and decided to head back home then. There were too many people, so my head hurt a bit. I wanted to take a rest and then come back, maybe, to see the setting sun. I watched it every evening, because it reminded me her. But as I turned around and started walking back to home, I accidentally hit a person (@[member="Vulpesen"] ). Of course I understood it was my fault, because I should've been more careful. "I'm sorry. I hope you didn't get hurt..." I quickly muttered.

I didn't know he was a Jedi. I had never seen them before, so at that moment, I didn't know, that he was one of them. I didn't even know where was he from. I certainly hadn't seen him on this planet before, so he may have been a tourist or something. That's what I thought at the moment.

As Vulpesen moved through the crowd, the subject of his search came a bit closer than he anticipated, bumping into him as he walked through the crowd. The surprise caused the holocron to go off course, leaving it out of the jedi's reach, something easily remedied by a quick usage of the force. The artifacts descent came to a quick halt floating in mid air as Vulpesen looked back at the boy. "Don't worry about it, no harm done." Considering there was no questions about Vulpesen's force aura, he had to guess the boy was untrained and thus, he was not a member of a force order. Not yet at least. @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"I'm really sorry, I didn't want to..." I said, not even taking the man's answer into consideration. I had been not very careful and I should' have been punished or something. Or at least that's what I thought at the moment. He didn't seem angry, but... I still felt like he was more important than me. It's probably because it's a Meadowian standard to teach children to be humble. And, well, I had seen nobody who had ever become different when they turned adult. Excluding her... she wasn't grown up with Meadowian standards.

"I am Cameron, by the way," I said, hoping, that it's a considerable answer.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen smiled and floated the artifact back to his palm, placing the object into his robes. "Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, at thine service." He was finding this one to be amusing in his apologetic ways. "And don't worry about it, accidents happen and nothing broke, and no one even fell. I assure you that it would take much more than a simple bump to put you on bad terms with a jedi." Vulpesen had a wide grin as he examined the other force sensitive. @[member="Cameron Paté"] seemed to be a good enough person, and Vulpesen could only hope to bring him into the order if this went well.

Hugh Seyley

H
"Jedi... Who are these... 'Jedi'?" I asked. It was getting interesting. I had noticed, that the man was a bit different, but I didn't know he was someone. I felt the warm Lunar Meadow's wind gently flying through my hair which was actually a bit longer than I liked, so it was a sign, that the day is about to end. It was... another thing Meadowians understood. But at the moment, it didn't actually matter. I had met a person, so the setting sun didn't matter to me anymore. After all, socializing was more important than being a hopeless romantic.

@Vulpesen

Vulpesen grinned as he heard the question. How strange to meet someone who didn't know about the order. "The jedi are the gaurdians of the Galactic Republic. It is our job to serve the will of the force and aid the people of the Republic. We are followers of the light side of the force. Surely by now, you've felt some connections to the force. It was fairly faint, but Vulpesen could feel it. It was raw and untrained, but with some work, he was confident that @[member="Cameron Paté"] had the potential to become a jedi.

Hugh Seyley

H
It was... interesting. But I didn't know if I liked it. Jedi seemed cool and it was especially good because it just had to work closely with her, though I still didn't quite like it. Indeed, I had felt strange sometimes, but I had always thought it was because of illness or something like that. I had never thought, that I was Force-Sensitive. Well, I didn't even know what the Force was. There were some Force-Sensitives on Lunar Meadow and even in the same village where I lived, but I had never met any of them by so far.

"What... is the Force?"

@Vulpesen

Vulpesen smiled and rested his hands together, shifting to a more comfortable position. "The force is the energy that binds all living things. It lies within the air, animals, and throughout the entire galaxy. People such as you and I are known as force sensitive. This gives us the ability to manipulate the force and bend it to do what we wish." For an example Vulpesen reached into his robes and took out a ration bar, using the force to float it into the air where it started to spin about a foot above his hand. There are several factions which use the force, but the jedi have been the oldest known group. We are as I said, the guardians of the Republic, and thus we are the guardians of peace and freedom.

"Different people see the force in different ways. An orthodox jedi sees a black and white spectrum, while one such as myself sees a bit of grey. We also perceive the way it moves in different ways. I cannot speak for everyone but for me, the force is a flowing miasma which moves between the places of the galaxy, flowing into those who use it and touching all those who exist within it." He smiled as he remembered when he had first had this talk somewhere around thirteen years ago. He had been five at the time, and he was being taught by his first master, Zarro Verres. So much had changed since then and he was fairly sure that he had become stronger than the old fox when it came to using the force. Perhaps this was a time to pass on what he had learned from his life of living in the force. @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"It's interesting... But are there any other Force-user groups in the galaxy who see it differently?" I asked. "And... why are some people Force-sensitive, but some are not?" I asked. There were so many questions, but I decided to ask them slowly, step by step. I didn't know what to think about the Force. All that mattered to me was her. I really loved her. Now that there was the Force, maybe I can get closer to her than I have ever been. And I didn't mean that physically, but mentally, emotionally.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen nodded to the first question, finding it to easily be in his area of expertise. "The Aing-Tii see it as a rainbow and where the jedi serve the force, the sith seek to chain it and force it to obey them. Some members of a group called the fallanassi believe that their 'white current' and the force are two very different things." Believing that the first question had been answered adequately, Vulpesen moved on to the next inquiry. "As for your other question, I believe that the answer lies within your own cells. Within every living being is something called midichlorians. Symbiotic creatures that live within everything else, a high count of them will lead to a person becoming force sensitive. The way this happens, I am not completely sure. I simply know that it does happen."

@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"So nobody fully understands the Force yet? But are there people who are solely devoted to understanding it? I have heard, that some people meditate to look into themselves. Do you do that to understand what the Force is?" I asked. I considered this man as a friend, but also as a mentor, the bringer of knowledge. That's because my life changed completely after meeting him. I had never known anything about the Force, but now he was introducing it to me. It was interesting, but I still didn't know what to think about my own opinion. What do i actually think about the Force?

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen shrugged at the first question. "I myself am a historian and a scholar when it comes to the force, and yet I am only a jedi knight, that is, I'm a mid-rank jedi.There are many who know far more than I do, but to be honest, to know the entirety of the force, is to know the entirety of life itself. Meditation is a way of creating understanding in the force, and it can increase ones power in it. Still, to learn how to master such things, one must do more than simply meditate. One must take a teacher and have a greater supply of knowledge to grow beyond more than a simple trickster." To emphasize his point, Vulpesen spread his hand and shot the ration bar into the air, making it become a spot in the distance. After a few seconds, the jedi flicked his hand and called the ration bar back to his palm before placing it back inside his robes. @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"The Force seems fantastic..." I said, "I love it, though... Is there a way to make someone, you know... notice me?" I was stupid. My former questions had been quite typical and normal, but this one was just plain selfish. I guess I loved the girl so much, that I couldn't think about anything else. I looked around while I was waiting for an answer, just to see, what others are doing and to make hearing the answer a bit less... terrifying. Meadowians were still in the market, buying stuff, but a few tables where I remember, that someone sold things, were empty. I guess they all understood it's going to get dark soon.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's smile grew a bit wider. He did his best to stop from laughing but a small chuckle still escaped his lips. He had been sensing that something was occupying the man's mind. "It can help you determine if they have noticed you." He said, giving his first answer. "However, I only know of ways to hide from others in the force. If I haven't said it before, different force users can do different things better than others. Still, jedi do tend to do heroic and interesting things that make them interesting by nature." His smile dropped a bit. "However, a jedi is to avoid passions as they may lead to the darkside. If getting someone's attention if you want, then you'll be walking a tightrope in the order. But, I can understand your wishes as even I have found some people I would like to look my way." Of course, then I got shot at. He silently added. "Just beware your passions. Love if tamed can make a great jedi, but it has a great potential to create a terrible sith." @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
It was interesting, to be honest. Maybe she'll notice me if I become a powerful Force-user? "Hmm... But what is this Dark Side? What is so bad about it? It seems to me, that you're afraid of it." Another dumb statement. But, well, at that moment, like I have previously stated, I knew nothing about the Force, philosophies, the Dark Side... Nothing. "I would like to train to become a good Force-user, but... I think I should know the most important things before doing that, right?" Well, to be honest, only then after saying that, I realized, that most likely I won'd have the chance, the option, to spend the rest of my life with her.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen nodded to @[member="Cameron Paté"]'s words. "Smart man. I am not afraid of the dark side. I am wary of what it does to someone. Some of the greatest people I have known have fallen to its clutches, and though redemption is possible, it is still a terrible experience for any force user to experience. The sith use it for power, but the jedi practice in the light. It is a constant battle of god and evil which rages between the two sides. Users of the dark side focus on their passions, things such as anger, hatred, fear, and pain. It corrupts even the best intentions, turning a well meaning person into a monster." Upon gaining his first master in the order, this was among the very first lessons he had learned. The force could be used to help people, or destroy people. "Jedi protect others. Sith and other darksiders will only take what they can for their own power, whether it be money, people, or lives."

Hugh Seyley

H
Oh... So that's why the Dark Side was so terrible. "Hmm... But are there people who value other things? As I understand, Jedi value life, peace. Sith value passion, chaos... So is there anything... between them?" I gently stroked my cheek. The discussion was inspiring. "Does anyone value freedom, but not in the same way as these Sith do? Does anyone think peace is important, but not like Jedi think?"

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen thought a moment, trying to find his answers. "I am sure that certain people believe in such things, the jedi as well believe in the freedom in others. As for other philosophies, I do not know everything. Still, there are groups such as the Fallanassi, the Baran-Do, and the Jal-Shey. If you wish to learn about these things, then the jedi would be a good start. The class of consular would actually be a rather good path for someone who wishes to learn so much about the different philosophies of the force." @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom