Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, I do have guns.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
Reclaimer Arms & Industrial was expanding from the small tier three company based on Relovian and was gradually making its way onto the scene rather cautiously. Offering custom orders of tech, weapons, vehicles, and armor the company was geared up with its new phrik mine and products ready to start signing contracts and distributing them across the galaxy.

And of course the first person it would approach was the Republic Senate Appropriation Committee, which was a fancy name for a department that was spearheaded by a single senator at the moment. The woman who had won Spaarti Creations and kept it from being gutted, someone that Miss Blonde would silently thank.

On the Planet Yutan the luxury yacht from Relovian touched down and the business woman known as Miss Blonde stepped out wearing a thick leather duster, white dress shirt, and black tie around her neck. Her cheek length blonde hair swirled in the wind as she looked over to the Committee office. It had been some time since she was in republic space there was a lot of demons but that was another face and another lifetime ago.

Making sure she was unarmed she walked into the building and awaited in the lobby to be called by the committee leader [member="Geral Varta"]

Martika Varta

Senator, Umbara; Committee on Civics & Infrastruct
Martika completed his morning meetings with nearly ten minutes to spare before his arranged discussion with the owner of Relovian Arms and Industrial, a certain "Miss Blonde." Martika chose to meet her outside in the lobby rather than wait for her to find his offices, offering his hand in greeting as she arrived. "Miss...Blonde, is it so?" He asked politely. "If you have another moniker you would prefer, do simply let me know." His purpose in meeting with the woman was two-fold; he desired to establish funding for contracts with Relovian for military assets, but also wished to hear from the woman her advice on how best to approach the management of Spaarti Creations, the company he had recently acquired from her on behalf of the Republic Senate.

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Miss Blonde

[member="Geral Varta"]

Miss Blonde chuckled a bit at the man, she quickly shook his hand and would proceed to make amends for her code name.

You can just call me Karin, Miss Blonde is my business name. You need one when you try to smuggle weapons to One Sith freedom fighters. It just sort of stuck, but anyways it's a pleasure to meet you and congrats on your recent purchase of Spaarti Creations. I know the former CEO Janis, he's a nice guy. Anyways whenever you and the committee are ready we get started." Miss Blonde said extending her arms to usher the man forward.

"Just tell me where I need to sit." Miss Blonde would then wait patiently.

She was always a staunch defender of the Republic and a patriot of sorts, so it was nice to see the republic on a rebound from the devastation that was the coup. Everyone had their part during that time and some made it out more intact than others, but now that it was over it was time to rebuild and rearm to defend themselves against the arm of the Sith.

Martika Varta

Martika smiled politely at the woman's comments, laughing gently at her jest regarding One Sith freedom fighters (having done a bit of research into the woman, he knew it not to be a joke). "The rest of the attending committee members are awaiting us upstairs, they look forward to your presentation." Martika led Karin through the lobby to a turbolift that would bring them up several levels. From there they entered a glass-walled conference room where seven of the other eleven members of the Appropriations Committee sat around an oval-shaped table. "I apologize that we are few in attendance, Karin," Martika said as he pulled out a chair for the woman before sitting opposite her at the table. One by one the Senators introduced themselves by name and the world they represented. Once Karin returned their niceties, she would be free to commence with her presentation.

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Miss Blonde

[member="Geral Varta"]

Sitting at her table in front of the committee Miss Blonde had a friendly smile on her face as she looked at each senator giving each another smile and a nod as the introduced themselves. Miss Blonde would then commence with her own introductions.

"Hello, my name is Karin. But everyone just calls me Miss Blonde, I am a representative of the company Reclaimer Arms and Industrial. A weapons, armor, and vehicles company based on Relovian. I do not wish to bring up bad memories but since the mass exodus of companies from Republic space due to names and events that do not need to be mentioned, it has left a void in weapon production for the ongoing war with the Sith." Miss Blonde would then give a more grave look.

"I more than anyone do not wish to see the Republic fall, yes it has been knocked down and has risen again. But I believe that with my company, phrik mine, and anti Sith technology the Republic can obtain the weapons needed to fight the Sith. I have with me a digital manifest of my companies products, and if you are willing I will happily share them with you today." Miss Blonde laid out her pitch to see what they were buying so they could equip their men with quality gear.

Martika Varta

Martika, naturally, spoke as the group's representative. "Thank you for your preparedness. To avoid wasting your time, Karin, we would like to focus on weaponry and equipment specifically designed for use against the conventional forces of the Sith and the Mandalorian clans. Our foci are warships, starfighters, and ground-based vehicles, along with equipment and subsystems for each."

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Miss Blonde

[member="Geral Varta"]

Grabbing the digital copy of her manifest the woman would forward it to the senate and would start to go through the list of items that were available both on and off the record.

"As you can see we mostly focus on small arms such as blasters, Slugthrowers, and grenades. As well as speciality ammunition. If you look closely you'll see a little guy in there called the Sith Killer, I'll save you the scientific aspect of it but it's a explosive armor piercing round that if it makes contact with a lightsaber then it explodes and showers the target in shrapnel and a tungsten carbide penetrator. We have Viccae Vong assault rifles, completely force dead, and moving down we have a light assortment of vehicles however these are just the ones we sell to the public. There are more deadly ones but we prefer to keep them out of the hands of civilians. But the real gem I want to show you is the Queen Mason Air Speeder, it's a police and riot control cruiser that comes with smoke screen and knock out gas that can swoop over riots or enemy formations without killing. It of course comes with lethal attachments but I'm afraid that this company does not manufacture starship parts. We can build guns for ships, but not the ships themselves." Finishing up her little speech she would then take questions.

"I'm assuming you might have questions for me?"

Martika Varta

Martika read over the manifest along with the rest of the committee for several long, quiet moments as Karin spoke, making note of several acquisitions that would prove handy to either the Republic's military or civilian corps of government. After highlighting a series of items from the manifest, Martika sent it back to Karin electronically. After a swift conversation via muttering and text, Martika glanced up at Karin and smiled politely. "I would like to propose an open contract, one in which we purchase at need with no obligation. We would also like to inquire about the cost of contracting your engineers to outfit some of your starship weaponry to our existing weapons. Pending a review of our navy's need, of course."

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Miss Blonde

[member="Geral Varta"]

"That sounds fair, an open contract would be best for both parties. But as for the engineers it depends on the vastness of the project. Standard hourly rate is around seventy credits an hour for each engineer, but if it's a large scale project like a hyper velocity cannon then there might be hazard pay atop the standard rate which is an added twenty credits per hour. But other than that I think we've reached an agreement. Am I wrong in assuming the republic has contracts already pre drafted for companies?" Miss Blonde asked the committee.

This was a pretty big opportunity for Reclaimer and she was quite thankful for it. Legitimate business was always nice to have, and it was a decent break from stealing and murdering other people within the criminal underworld. So hopefully with the meeting going to be quick she could bounce back to Relovian and finish up the project they had in mind.

Martika Varta

"I find these terms agreeable," Martika replied, glancing at his fellow senators in order to give attention to any dissent. There was none. Martika nodded in response to Karin's questions. With a gesture he transmitted the documents in question that covered all necessary aspects of their budding partnership and protected each from financial, legal, and public repercussions.

[member=Miss Blonde]

Miss Blonde

[member="Geral Varta"]

"Groovy then." Miss Blonde said as she read over the contract.

Finding that everything was in order she signed off on it and they were officially in business together. This was a monumental step for Reclaimer and their business, with an open contract with the republic they could expand outwards into core worlds rather than dealing with crap in the outer rim. More jobs, more revenue, and added security of Republic worlds so no pirates or psychos trying to raid facilities.

"I want to thank you for this opportunity, you have really opened a door for us." Miss Blonde said as she finished up the last signature.

"Since we are here, is there anything I can get for the Republic?" Blonde asked the committee.

Martika Varta

Martika nodded curtly as he and his fellow senators began gathering their things. "We look forward to Reclaimer bringing much needed business to Republic markets. Seems we've both opened doors for one another." Martika smiled slightly. "As is the point with business." He began to stand and reach for his handbag, but the woman remained seated, and spoke succinctly. "Since we are here, is there anything I can get for the Republic?" Martika paused, looking across the table at Karin and considering her inquiry. It felt uncharacteristic of her to ask after negotiations had so swiftly concluded, but Martika thought of something that certainly would help.
"Actually...you may. How many manufacturing jobs do you think you could shift from your current holdings in Relovian to Republic worlds? It would certainly save you the transportation costs, and you're sure to do much more selling in Republic space than in the Outer Rim." Martika ushered his fellow Senators out of the room with a look that silenced any dissent; he knew the room was free of bugs. Once he was alone with Karin, Martika concluded, "Intelligence suggests that the Techno Union may be relinquishing a major portion of their territories. If that happens, you're nearest consumer base may evaporate entirely. But you heard not a word of it from me." Martika cautioned. Karin couldn't do much with "maybe's" but information was useful whether it was guaranteed or not.

[member=Miss Blonde]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom