Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Yaret-Sol

Status
Not open for further replies.
00.gif
Name: Yaret-Sol
Designation: Semi-Sentian
Homeworld: Triffis
Language: Sol
Average height of adults: .5 meters
Skin color: None
Hair color: None
Breathes: Type 1

Strengths:
Molten Organ Sack
Eats Rocks and Metals
Living Weapon

Weaknesses:
Soft Underbelly
Blind
Soft Spot for Durasteel

Distinctions: Extremely long pinchers to break up soft rocks, camouflage armor blending into the sand, pointed legs sharp enough to break rocks, and hidden nose under its belly to smell distinct forms of rock.

Average Lifespan: 100 years
Races: None
Estimated Population: 2 million
Diet: Rocks and Metals
Communication: Sol
Culture: Unknown
Technology level: None
General behavior: Hostile unless fed Durasteel, this is because Durasteel is considered a rarity to them and a sign of friendship. They are a generally hive insects, though it is known that they can survive alone. Sol userally don't come in contact with other sentient life, but userally create a barking sound to scare them away. If provoked they will fire this headed projectiles at the sentient life. If they have a sent of Durasteel or rare metals, they ignore all and search for the deposit.

History: The Yaret-Sol were a hidden Yuuzhan Vong project in a secret facility hidden in the sand of Dahomey. The Vong were trying to create a creature that was capable of being a persoal weapon like the Amphistaff and a distance weapon like the Yaret-Kor. This was created in the Yaret-Sol, though its creation was at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion and the project was scraped and the creatures left to die. Yet they adapted to their surroundings and began to develop a need of digesting heavy metals that would not melt in their molten organ sack. Such metals at Durasteel and Alusteel were considered treats for the creatures. After 800 years the Yaret-Sor mainly lived in tunnels they created for mining heavy metals only to return to the surface to reheat their armor and conducted heat to their Molten Sacks.

Their Molten Sacks were made to heat long distant projectiles that shoot plasmids sand and rock. It is used to break down metals that contain iron to bite sized objects. This would then shoot at a speed of 1,200 meters a second at a temperature of 1,500 Celsius. The sack itself is made of a organic plastic that constantly rubs up against whatever it comes in contact with. The sacks organic plastic keeps to superheated metals and rock from warming the insect. If the sack is at all punctured while the creature is superheating, it will explode and create a plasma bomb within second. Though it can only reach the max of 1,500 Celsius after 5 seconds of charging itself, it can shoot up to 2 shots a second. The creature was not modified this way but evolved. It requires iron to keep its whole body oxidized or it would suffocate. This is because of the plastic sack as it uses iron in the bloodstream to combine as a glue to keep the molten pellet from braking apart. This effect is slow, melting the iron before reaching the max temperature where the pellet turns into a plasm and if not released can explode if reaching past the max temperature. Since the organic plastic is constantly creating friction in the body, the creature has adapted to only eat rocks that contain rare nutrients and metals that contain iron.

The organic plastic sack still has many unknown properties because of the lost data of its creators. Though from preliminary findings the sack is made of a supercooling thick skin that uses the carbon dioxide collected after the use in the circulatory system and uses it as a coolant. The thick plastic membrane that always moving, creating friction within the sack that superheats the rock and metal within. Their are small sponge like holes between the two layered sack. Carbon dioxide is ran along the exterior armor of the insect and cooled from the underground cold air. It is then brought back to the as used oxygen and has the iron in the blood carrying it. When the iron is extracted the cooled carbon is also extracted and used to cool the membrane before it is used as pressure to shoot the pellet as such a speed.

The creature is rarely found on the surface of the planet, as it digs tunnels underground. This has eliminated the need for eyes as they evolved blind and use their incredible nose to find their way. Their noses developed the ability to break through rocks and soil and smell iron deposited and rocks that are needed to keep them alive within 100 meters of their position. This helps them get as much by food as quick as possible.

Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: A creature that the Vong created that can be studied by Jaster.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
This creature seems familiar to me, I very much enjoyed reading about it and I think it took a lot of creativity to make! Well done!

I do have a few notes for you, if you would indulge me. First, could you please provide a credit for your image (this could be a link to it, the artist who created it, the game its from etc)

Jaster of Clan Awaud said:
Strengths:
I would say another strength might be the fact that it was designed as a weapon :p hehe

General behavior: Hostile unless fed Durasteel
Could you elaborate a little bit on their general behavior? Do they interact with each other? How do they respond to meeting new species or sentient species on the surface?

Intent: A created that the Vong created that can be created into a weapon
Am I understanding this to mean the creature can and may still be used to create a weapon?

XOXO
Cecily

Uhh...how was this facility on Dahomey, a planet I created, may I ask?

The general remoteness and isolation would tend to preclude that I'd think.

There are some more issues which will be dealt with in time.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I did not know I was required to ask the custom planets owner to create a species on their planet, my apologies. The general remoteness was the reason I picked you planet, the creatures mostly live underground so they would be even more difficult to find. As well as the facility being underground and secrete. The Vong also were projected to be where your planet was created in the projections of where they were at the end of the invasion.

It is polite to ask the creator of the planet if you can put it there.

As it is, I am sure that the Protectorate would have noticed Vong species, as would Firemane.

I would prefer if you chose a canon world which was more fitting.

I shall change it to another planet, my apologies. As for ownership, neither of those faction own this planet in particular, if so it does not appear so on the map and is again my mistake.

I appreciate that this is an interesting new concept.

However, 10,000 degrees kelvin is far, far too much. That's hotter than the surface of a star, as hot as a nuclear explosion's detonation point. That doesn't melt iron, that vaporises it.

I wonder how this creature can maintain such a burning energy inside it if it is so hot. The reasoning for this molten ability is pseudo-science at best, but I'll think more kindly on it if a more reasonable temperature is given.

No, 5,000 is still too high.

Let's go for 1,500, that's enough to melt iron without vaporising it into a lethal cloud.

However, I will also need an explanation as to how this incredibly high heat is contained, or how melting the metals actually helps the creature. Would not crushing up and digesting the ore be more efficient?

Ok I think I got it, now I'm not a scientist, I'm a historian IRL ok. The Wookipedia site said that the Yaret-Kor shoot flaming plasma rocks at star fighters. Plasma is created between 7,000 kelvin and 10,000 kelvin from what I read. The site did not, nor has it stated how a sack is capable of holding such superheated material. What I wrote is probably bull and would never work, but in my mind the only way a creature can do this. This is Vong Tech and if you can explain a better possibility please inform me, cuz that's the best I got.

The point is taken, but that creature is using it as ammunition and is furthermore designed to operate in space.

Drop the temperature down to 1500 degrees and see that it is not abused and I will pass this...scientific reason or no. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom