Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Yaret-Krinra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
zwf50W.jpg
&​
biqXMex.png
cannon_by_josea302-d7mnazf.jpg
Image Source: http://josea302.deviantart.com/art/Cannon-461302107
Intent: To create a Yuuzhan Vong Equivalent to the HVC
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Titan Industries
Model: Yaret-Krinra
Affiliation: Titan Industries
Modularity: No.
Production: Minor Production
Material: Living Biot
Classification: Heavy Weapon?
Size: Stationary, Ship-mounted
Length:
Ground: 47m
Ship Born: Portion of Ship Length

Weight:
Ground: 1350mt
Ship Born:...a lot?

Ammunition Type: Random Materials
Ammunition Capacity: Technically Infinite
Effective Range: 120km
Rate of Fire:
One Burst Every one and a half minutes

Special Features:
-Self Healing
-Consumes Waste Material
-Can be;
Defense Emplacement
Ship Born Weapon

Description:
The Yaret-Krinra is essentially a larger version of the Yuuzhan Vong Yaret-Kor.

The Cannon itself, though much larger functions in much the same way as its younger and smaller cousin. The weapon 'chews' up raw materials, digests them, and then uses the raw materials to fire its plasma discharge. The difference between the Yaret-Kor and the Yaret-Krinra aside from its size is that instead of disgorging a single solid shot of plasma like the Yaret-Kor, the Yaret Krinra instead disgorges a massive continues stream of Plasma for three to five seconds each time that it fires.

This is an important distinction because it allows the Yaret-Krinra to do quite a bit more damage than its smaller cousins.

The Weapon fires, the stream of plasma spews through space, and then impacts upon the enemy ship. Unlike a single solitary projectile the Yaret-Krinra's bile will do more damage as it does not stop upon first impact, but rather continues to impact continuously for however long the stream of plasma was that it disgorged.

Comparatively the Yaret-Krinra does about the same damage as a technological Heavy Hypervelocity gun while having a shorter range due to the nature of the weapon.

When placed on the ground the Yaret-Krinra functions much as a Hypervelocity gun installed into the earth. It fires up into space, using its massive gaping maw to disgorge its plasma and take down targets in and around the orbit of the planet it is located on.

The Yaret-Krinra came about as a thought experiment by a Master Shaper working for Titan Industries. Unhappy with the use of Hypervelocity guns and Proton Cannons on potential future Yuuzhan Vong vessels, The Master Shaper came to Alric Kuhn with the idea of creating a weapon comparable to the technology currently circling around the galaxy. With Yuuzhan Vong weapons generally being both cheaper and more efficient, Alric agreed with the idea and thus the Yaret-Krinra was born.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Ok so I have no real issues, but since no Vong creature has done this sort of thing before may I ask you perform a short dev thread. 10-15 posts would be fine. HVGs for regular ships do exist its just since I know Vong forming tech works much differently this is a step for them.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Unless you can show where Vong tech has created anything similar before I do not believe so since they're workings are different from everything else and that isn't a compliment to them.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Camellia Swift"]

That is the whole point of this weapon. It is not a new bio-technology nor is it a new and completely different breed of weapon. The Yaret-Krinra as described in the submission is essentially a slightly bigger Yaret-Kor that fires for a longer period of time. Now, in canon Yaret-Kor come in all different sizes, from ones mounted on Starfighters to ones mounted on Koros-Strohna which are massively huge. This is why its wrong to call the Yaret-Krinra simply another Yaret-Kor.

However, the differences between the two weapons are a list of one.

Instead of firing a single belched projectile the Yaret-Krinra fires a long stream of plasma material. Essentially, it shoots more of what it has at once at a slower rate of fire in order to do more damage on a single hit rather than damage over time. The Yaret-Krinra is no different than a large Entire-ship sized Yaret-Kor save for this fact.

Besides this one simple altercation it is literally the same in every way. It consumes raw materials, it self heals, it requires attachment to a ship or fixed location, and serve all the same other functions. I do not believe that this one change, a change that technically could be bred into a species like the Yaret-Kor fairly easily(especially since Titan Industries holds dozens of Master Shapers and has a history of working with Yuuzhan Vong Biots and ships) requires a separate development thread.

As for an OOC level, i am hardly creating a super cannon, simply a flavorful Yuuzhan Vong equivalent of the very prevalent Hypervelocity gun of which development threadless factory submissions exist.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

After some debate with a few others I will approve this. As its weaknesses compared to existing HVGs will be watched for and are considered to make it worth it.

However, I am warning now against being argumentative in the future. What you've said sounds more like a plea to a loophole than it does in actually providing proof. Also I can point to the first few ships with HVGs where they were dev threaded so that factions did have the technology to do so, so that argument isn't quite valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom