Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech XR-22 Sensor Distortion Array

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create something that can either shrink or grow the sensor reading of the host ship and from a even further distance can make sensor readings thing the fleet is larger than it is.
Development Thread: Will do one if needed
Manufacturer:Baktoid Fleet Ordnance
Model: XR-22
Affiliation: None
Modularity: Can be placed in any ship of at least 500m or larger
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Circuits, Wiring,etc
Description: The XR-22 Sensor Distortion Array is actually comprised of two systems. The first is a Sensor Dampener that uses a combination of active and passive systems to reduce the electronic and electromagnetic signature of the ship. Heat sinks, electrostatic insulation, and degaussing techniques passively reduce the signature radius of the ship while active technologies diffuse the remaining signature of the ship into the background noise of space.

The second system involved in the Sensor Distortion Array is the Signature Amplifier. Powerful electromagnets, sensor boosters, comm relays, and white noise generators work in tandem to drastically increase the amount of detectable magnetic, electronic, radiation, and wavelengths the ship produces.

The end result is that a ship equipped with this array is capable of appearing up to two sizes larger or smaller than it actually is. Such as a frigate choosing to appear as a Light Freighter or as a Heavy Cruiser on sensors. And while a Crystal Gravfield Trap is capable of seeing through the deception by detecting the gravity distortion of the ship in accordance with its size and mass, if the ship is also equipped with a Gravitic Modulator it can fool these sensors as well.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Alli Wren"] - For something this pwoerful, I need more detail, more concrete limitations, so people can't just say 'I make my command ship look like a corvette and waltz right through.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom