Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech X-03 "Nyx" Class Stealth Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
adam-burn-invisible-war-preview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: X-03 "Nyx" Class Stealth Generator
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • Diamond & Various Superconductor Connections │ Durasteel Casing │ Various Stealth Generator Components
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Standard Features
    • Active Pattern Manipulation
      • Various Saved Patterns w/ Optimized Pattern Learning Measures
    • Various Imaging Dampening Efforts
      • Thermal / Infrared / Sonic / X-Ray / Electrical Pollution
    • Innumerable Sensor Jamming Technology
    • Engine Augmentations w/ WhisperThrust Additions
    • Micro-Stasis Probe Monitoring Systems
  • Advanced Features
STRENGTHS
  • The Goddess of Night -
    • Branded with Jaeger's iconic stamp of quality, the "Nyx" lives up to the companies reputation in as many ways as possible. First and foremost, it carries with it a wide variety of stealth technologies utilized throughout history, with the exceptionally powerful singularity projector that allows one ship to travel 'outside' of known space. With reality wrapped around it, it can avoid every known sensor system available - even the ever dreaded 'Force'.
WEAKNESSES
  • Ionic Disturbance -
    • As with most stealth systems, ionic disturbances can knock out the highly sensitive equipment permanently, forcing the system to be repaired by a Jaeger certified authority as the nearest convenience. While the ship itself has a number of redundancies to allow it to continue stealth efforts alone - Reflec and the backup Vanish 2 systems - these are not able to be utilize singularity drive, and therefore undo the major benefits of the "Nyx".
  • Double Blind -
    • While stasis probes are used for navigating through hyperlanes and dense real space environments, for absolute stealth they can not be used. In these situations, the 'Nyx' creates a double blind in more than just vision and sensors; but in weapons. As nothing can enter or leave the singularity, it is effectively stuck isolated from the galaxy.
  • Count to 10 -
    • Due to the power requirements of the singularity projector, the 'Nyx' can not instantly go into stealth, though it can instantly leave it. Charging the system for use requires upwards of five minutes - and a charge can not be held. Meaning this can not be utilized as an escape device, and is solely for safe transport or otherwise ambushing.
DESCRIPTION

After the rabid success of the AC-14 "Araphel" Class Adaptive Camouflage, Jaeger found the need for new technology to suit its large ship market. This began as an effort to make a mass adaptive camouflage for atmospheric conditions similar to sharks in oceans but was later found to be too small scale for the work deprived R&D departments working for Jaeger. Instead, the effort was made to expand the lessons learned from the Araphel, but also to also counter the single greatest threat to stealth technology known to the universe today; The Force.
This was done by following up on the ancient rumors of droids known to 'disappear' during the Old Republic era - notably the stories that the G0-T0 droid accompanying Revan had discovered a way to avoid even the Force's detection. With access to much of Revan's aging knowledge, Maliphant had seen fit to find the truth in these rumors - and in doing so found the aging blueprints of the singularity projector once used by the droid. Offering this to Caulder Dune Caulder Dune , the two helped set in motion a modernization of the archaic design for a large scale, modern equivalent.
With the help of Jaeger's development team, they developed the "Nyx" in record time - creating one of the most advanced cloaking devices currently available. With this cloaking system, Jaeger hopes to see continued returns from their war technology efforts; and have already made efforts to slip 'prototypes' to discerning smugglers across the galaxy - all in the hopes to funnel Jaeger weapons to rebellious and criminal organizations across the galaxy.

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - Before I start this review - I just wanted to commend you for trying something new, but as one can guess - there will be a few things that will have to be discussed and fleshed out before we can proceed with the approval process. However, We'll get into those specifics later on, as there is a matter more pressing to relay. While there presently aren't any rules regarding Fleet-wide cloaking set in stone just yet, an Administrative decision has been made that states they are not permitted within this iteration of the Factory for the gross potential of abuse they'd permit in Open Roleplay.

So, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this will have to be scaled down to a cloak a single ship.

tenor.gif

While sad, it is understandable. Wouldn't be the first time I've been told no - so I removed all mention of 'fleet wide' cloaking mentioned. If you notice any other, please let me know; I don't always have the best attention span. Let me know if there are any other issues!

LT-137 LT-137

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - Apologies for the delay, there was a lot to consider with this submission and I wanted to ensure my thoughts were somewhat concise before relaying them.

The only issues that I can think of are in regards to the balance and potential issues that go unmentioned by this submission. From what's written, I can tell that this stealth generator is designed to be the perfect system in every way - as it counters every conceivable method of detection made available to us in the Star Wars universe, including the Force itself. While commendable, that draws us towards my earlier mention of balance. With every conceivable method of detection nullified, the only drawback is disabling the vessel before it activates the cloak - where the entire system is destroyed and has to be replaced. A good weakness, to be sure, but one that doesn't wholly balance the submission in my eyes.

I say that because of some potential scenarios that can, and will likely be exploited in the future. The first that comes off the top of my head - is how do the ship's systems work when space is folded around them? Would they operate like normal, while other ships outside the folded bubble find themselves unable to peek through this "space shroud"? Without that being mentioned, we get the potential for people to use every system on their ship - including weapons - without care of reprisal, since they can't be detected or likely affected by "normal space" munitions. If sensors can't detect the vessel when this system is in use, I think it's more than fair to say that the vessel using said sensors can't do the same either. Effectively creating a double-blind effect like Hibridium cloaking. The same could also be said about the ship's weapons systems, as dumb-fired munitions would likely detonate when impacting this bubble of folded space, rather than punching through unimpeded.

So, I think the best option forward - would be to think about other potential drawbacks that would arise when this system is activated and listing them out in the weakness section to help balance the presently overpowered potential that this submission presents.

LT-137 LT-137

I would argue that it isn't so much a 'perfect' stealth generator, so much as its meant to counter current standards for anti-stealth measures. Just like many things, it's only a matter of time before someone subs something that counters this.

As far as the other concerns -
  • I added a weakness in regards to the systems and weapons. Since it is technically a fold in reality, I made sure that it can not shoot or use its systems - instead relying on Stasis Probes to monitor hyperlanes and real space so the ship wouldn't crash into something.
  • Due to its ability to 'not be hit' while in stealth, I also made sure that to even enter cloaking mode it requires a long start up time that is not able to be kept on standby, that way once a ship is out of stealth it isn't suddenly used once again.
Does that work for you?

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - While you'd be correct that it's only a matter of time until something manages to counter this iteration of stealth generators, it's my opinion that presently - since there aren't any hard counters to this device - that it's temporary considered perfect. :p

With that being said, however, the additions to the weaknesses are a step in the right direction and allay some of my potential concerns. I'll approve this with the same word of caution applied to other subs - that if abused, it's likely to be pulled, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom