Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer/Character Accounts?

When reading the rules, I saw that there are distinctions between writer and character accounts. What exactly is the difference between the two? How do I make my account, which is currently labeled writer, into a character account? I’m working on my CS sheet now, but would like to clarify this before I post it. Thanks!

[member="Alala Vyl"]

The writer account can be used as a character, basically it is the first account you create. Some people use it as an OOC writer account, but myself and many others utilize it as the account for their main character. When you create another character then you get into the character accounts. Those are sub-accounts of your 'main' account (writer account). When you want to switch between you just click the drop down menu next to your main account and select the character name you wish to post as. You won't see that menu unless you have multiple accounts, but it makes switching easier on the writers.

As for your character sheet, once you finish up just start a new topic in the 'Character Creation' thread with your character's name as the thread title. Once done just copy/paste the template and fill it in. After you finish your character sheet you are good to go and RP. Glad to see a new writer around Chaos. Enjoy your time here and any questions, feel free to ask.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

OK, makes sense. I wanted to use this name/account as my character, so I'm glad I can. That's good to know. :D

I'll be posting that soon-ish, I hope. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Note: In order to make a character account, go to your writer account profile (your current profile) page and click the "Characters" button. This should open up a window that lists your currently existing accounts on the site. To the left there will be an Add Subaccount option, click that and type in the name of the character you want to create and it will generate a secondary account that can be switched to via the white dropdown box at the top of the site or the top right of each reply box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom