Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Wrath-Class Artillery Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Wrath-Class Artillery Battery

aXSKkd5.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]"Gentlemen, we have become death. Destroyer of worlds." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]~ [/SIZE]Colonel Gerhard Derstan, upon seeing the Wrath-class annihilate a starfighter. 851ABY

[SIZE=13.5pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] To create a new weapon for the First Order.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]starwars.com [Inside Two Deadly, New First Order Vehicles from the Last Jedi][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] None. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] None. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Primary Source: None. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Wrath-Class Artillery Battery.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] The First Order.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] No.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: Limited.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Materials: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Kyber Crystal Focusing Array[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Tungstoid Barrel [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Durasteel Hull [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Electronic Components [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Bronzium Cased Reactor[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Quadanium Steel Casings[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Quadanium Steel Components[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Artillery Battery[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Size:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Ship Mounted.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Length:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] 250 meters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Weight:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] 25000 Tonnes[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Ammunition Type:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Blaster Battery Cells[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Ammunition Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] 2 Blasts.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Effective Range: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Long Range Turbolaser[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Rate of Fire:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Single-Action.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Kyber Crystal Focusing Array:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Sitting inside the core of the vessel is the kyber focussing array. A stalwart of First Order design, the kyber array acts to focus energy more effectively. In this case, it ensures that the reactor can focus on fusing the separate types of blast together. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]Bronzium Fusion Reactor: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Sitting deep within the battery is the bronzium fusion reactor. This works to fuse the ion and turbolaser projectiles together, to create a larger, massive blast. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]STRENGTHS[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]+[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Focused Beam[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: Primed and ready, the kyber crystals within the Wrath-Class are designed to focus energy. While the weapon uses an immense amount of power, if it weren't for the kyber crystals, it would simply be unusable.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]+[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Dual Power[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: The Wrath-class battery harnesses the power of both ion and turbolasers, combining them into a singular, devastating blast designed to overload the shields of other vessels, and ten crush them with a massive turbolaser. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]+Not Like The Other Girls: Unlike the hypervelocity guns, mass drivers and other bombards used by the other Galactic powers, the Wrath-Class' bombardments are impervious to the interference from tractor beams or gravity wells. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]WEAKNESSES[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]-[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Direct Hit[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: Concerted efforts by fighter teams, bombers or capital ships could render the Wrath-Class destroyed. Destroying the barrel would immobilise the weapon momentarily, but hitting the reactor, would unleash a massive explosion, and possibly cripple the ship or space station it sits on. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]-[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Slow Targeting[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: While the computers may be able to efficiently lock onto targets, the cannon itself does take some time to align itself to be able to appropriately lock onto a target. [/SIZE]
  • -A Big Gun, For You: The Wrath-Class is best fitted onto vessels and objects with smaller armaments. If it were to be put onto a modified star destroyer, with an already sizeable gun count, it would sap power from the engines, or shields, leaving said entity, vulnerable.
[SIZE=13.5pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]The Wrath-Class Artillery Battery is the latest in a long line of developments from the First Order. Designed initially as an artillery piece to be mounted upon walkers, the initial tests with the larger model wielded saw success. Central Command, remarked at the results, decided to do what it had always done. Copy the doctrines of other Galactic military's and improve on them. In this case, the overabundance of hypervelocity weapons would be the target. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What sparked the interest of Central Command was the so called 'Hoth-Dersten Trial'. The Wrath prototype was far smaller than the final product, and could in fact be wheeled out onboard a small speeder. It was at the Naval Yard on Hoth where the cannon which would become the Wrath-class was tested. Its targets being ground assets captured from the Galactic Alliance’s incursion on Hoth and Antaran Ranger equipment looted from Aegis Base when the First Order liberated the system. While the weapon was effective when used against ground based enemies, it was deemed too slow to be rendered effective. Ground battles moved far too quickly for a laser which required minutes to reload. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Disappointed at the results, project leader Colonel Gerhard Derstan decided to test the weapon on a singular X-wing starfighter the Naval Yard had just reverse engineered. It was simply a test which was really designed to blow up a symbol of Jedi tyranny and raise the spirits of the disappointed scientists, and the stormtrooper guards who were yet to be impressed. However, when it was tested on the fighter, with its activated shields, the results astounded Derstan. The aftermath of the test on the starfighter was remarkable. While the battery had annihilated everything else, nothing had been shielded. What was found was that with one singular blast having left literally nothing in its wake. No wreckage, apart from a smouldering crater. Although it was later speculated that the X-wings deconstruction and a poor job putting it back together may have been responsible for such [/SIZE]devastation[SIZE=10.5pt], Central Command nonetheless insisted the weapon be put into research for capital vessels. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The reason for the Wrath's efficiency could be found in fact that the blast, amplified partially by kyber crystals fuses ion and turbolaser fire to create a massive beam. This beam, at full size is the size of a small freighter. This beam and the power it wields, acts simultaneously in an attempt to rupture shields, and then destroy the vessels hull. If used properly, the science behind it, would be that the ion part of the bean would simply overload the shields, and the massive turbolaer would then hopefully tear apart the hull. However, in the case of the test fighter, an Incom Class-X-wing, the blast disintegrated it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The battery wields about the same, if not more power than the average hypervelocity and missile bank, without the weaknesses that come with both. Since it is a laser, it has greater range and capability than the other two weapons systems. It also doesn't have the baggage which comes with either system, meaning it can't be deflected by gravity wells or coordinated tractor beams. The firing rate also isn't as fast as other model batteries, meaning it fires a single round every thirty seconds. This is of course dependent on the skill and coordination of the crew operating it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]However, the power and capability wielded in the turret meant it was vulnerable. The use of kyber crystals, along with the massive barrel are weaknesses. A capable fighter, or bomber wing, could attack the base of the battery, and try to rupture its reactor, tearing it apart. A strike to the large, and unwieldly barrel could also neutralise the weapon, until the crew manage to re-calibrate the settings. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Additionally, with a cannon of this size, moving it into firing position, and to be able to accurately fire upon enemies is a long process. This is why, it's prescribed to fire upon larger enemy battlecruisers, and destroyers. While it could feasibly decimate a corvette, it would be unlikely. The Wrath is only really designed to counter the over abundance of Star Defenders and larger vessels used by the Galactic Alliance and Silver Jedi Order. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As a weapon, the Wrath-class is destined to be used as a space defence asset. Mounted either offensively aboard cruisers and star destroyers, or to act as a defensive compliment to a space station, or a defensive station sitting on a planet's surface. The design of the weapon follows the Galactic Alliance’s military doctrine, only to once again improve upon the ideas presented with superior technology and military doctrine. [/SIZE]

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Okay, meant to get back to you on this earlier this evening, but I had to do some checking to make sure the kyber crystal thing was kosher. Good news is, you're good to go on that part. As long as it's not, and I quote, "taking the piss," this technology is fine.

My only issue is the rate of fire. Namely, I don't see one specified, other than "single action." I would think something like this would be slow to fire. 1 shot per 30 seconds seems reasonable, given the power and slow tracking. Definitely not something you'll be rapid firing.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
[SIZE=10.5pt] The firing rate also isn't as fast as other model batteries, meaning it fires a single round every thirty seconds. This is of course dependent on the skill and coordination of the crew operating it. [/SIZE]
[member="Rusty"]

I just added this nugget in there. Is it kosher?

[member="Rusty"]

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
s. It also doesn't have the baggage which comes with either system, meaning it can't be deflected by gravity wells or coordinated tractor beams. T
This is a strength

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
However, when it was tested on the fighter, with its activated shields, the results astounded Derstan. The aftermath of the test on the starfighter was remarkable. While the battery had annihilated everything else, nothing had been shielded. What was found was that with one singular blast having left literally nothing in its wake. No wreckage, apart from a smouldering crater.
This is assuming damage by your weapon, please tone down the verbiage.

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
Production: Mass Produced.
Please drop down to limited.

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
+Focused Beam: Primed and ready, the kyber crystals within the Wrath-Class are designed to focus energy. While the weapon uses an immense amount of power, if it weren't for the kyber crystals, it would simply be unusable.
Sorry for the delay, got a bit busy.

Okay, if this does a notable amount of power to be used, then I would expect it to have an equal reaction in terms of a powerdrain on the ship.

Would it be sensible to say that using these weapons may prevent other advanced systems from being used at the same time?

I'd imagine that those would be notable weaknesses

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Cira said:
Sorry for the delay, got a bit busy. Okay, if this does a notable amount of power to be used, then I would expect it to have an equal reaction in terms of a powerdrain on the ship. Would it be sensible to say that using these weapons may prevent other advanced systems from being used at the same time? I'd imagine that those would be notable weaknesses
That;s actually not what was meant at all. In fact, what I did mean by this statement, was that it would simply be inoperable, and unable to power, if it were not for the use of kyber crystals within the weapon.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Then I am a bit confused. Your statement states that "the weapon uses an immense amount of power." Is this incorrect?

The kyber crystals focus it, yes, ensuring that the reactor can focus on fusing the separate types of blast together. But it is still using an immense amount of power so wouldn't that affect how much power is left to the other systems? Also, since you mention that your statement means that if it weren't for the kyber crystals, this would be inoperable, does that mean if there is any damage to the Kyber Crystal Focusing Array it will make it inert as well? Or is the array already a part of the reactor? Just trying to understand how it works because you listed it as two distinct special features. I wasn't sure if they are actually just one component.

Also, is the Bronzium Fusion Reactor canon? Or is it a chaos submission? I've tried searching for it to read up on the ion and turbo laser fusion bit, but I can't seem to find it. Would you mind linking me to it?

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Cira said:
Then I am a bit confused.Your statement states that "the weapon uses an immense amount of power."Is this incorrect?
It uses a lot of power, yes. But not enough to be able to really stop the other stuff. I mean, this is meant to be mounted on artillery ships and space stations, as the main cannon. It's not like I'm sticking it on a resurgent, where there's already considerable power.

Cira said:
The kyber crystals focus it, yes, ensuring that the reactor can focus on fusing the separate types of blast together.But it is still using an immense amount of power so wouldn't that affect how much power is left to the other systems?
Well, maybe. If you were to mount this onto a star destroyer. Like, a fully armed one, with this being an additional battery, than yes. Yes it would. But if it's on a ship, or station or sattelite where it's one of the sole offensive weapons, than I say no. It wouldn't. It's all dependent on the other arsenal available to the vessel.

If you wish this to be a weakness, I will gladly elaborate on it in the submission.

Cira said:
Also, since you mention that your statement means that if it weren't for the kyber crystals, this would be inoperable, does that mean if there is any damage to the Kyber Crystal Focusing Array itwill make it inert as well?
Yes. But if you're hitting the kyber crystals via starfighter or cruiser, you've pretty much disabled the ship or destroyed it.

Cira said:
Or is the array already a part of the reactor?
To be honest, I was pretty vague on that. The array works both in the reactor, as well as in the firing mechanism to make sure that when it fires, the efficiency is boosted.

Cira said:
Also, is the Bronzium Fusion Reactor canon? Or is it a chaos submission? I've tried searching for it to read up on the ion and turbo laser fusion bit, but I can't seem to find it.Would you mind linking me to it?
This doesn't exist, I put it in for some flavour. Most reactors are made out of fancy shmancy material. I figured I'd make this out of bronzium for the hell of it.

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
If you wish this to be a weakness, I will gladly elaborate on it in the submission.

That would be great if you could elaborate on this. Thank you for explaining, it helped.

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
Yes. But if you're hitting the kyber crystals via starfighter or cruiser, you've pretty much disabled the ship or destroyed it.

Oh okay, just making sure. Thank you for clarifying it.

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
This doesn't exist, I put it in for some flavour. Most reactors are made out of fancy shmancy material. I figured I'd make this out of bronzium for the hell of it.

Okay, i know we've had the technology submitted before in the past to do this, so there isn't a need to submit a separate reactor submission to show you can blend the two. You are already distinguishing in t his artillery battery so I am comfortable with that.

If you could just clarify on the first point, we should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom