Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wookiee's Roundup [Marona]

A few weeks prior to the One Sith invasion of Kashyykk, a Jedi Master stood, arms folded, watching the forest below from the spaceport platform he had chosen to reside upon for this mission. He was no fan of the Republic. He was no fan of the Jedi Order that the Republic sponsored. But Kashyykk was a Republic world, and for this mission, they had insisted that they send along a soldier, a representative, to go along with him for what he had come here to do.

Despite being a member of the Republic's ally, the Ession Reformation, Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame had come here to this wooded planet on his own merits, his own power and his own choice. Why? The one thing he hated most.

Slavers.

Yes, despite being a Jedi, the young man felt hate. It had been a part of becoming more human after the tenants of the Jedi Code became just the rhetoric that suited whatever Force Using Order they belonged to. As the Ession Reformation had no code, Joshua had allowed himself to remain what he had become since his self imposed exile. A human being with emotions and feelings. He understood the dangers of them.. But he was capable of keeping control. He was taught that they led to the dark side. But Joshua was famous for one thing; and that was being unbreakable, unshakeable, unturnable. The Sith's influence never reached his head. Not even for a moment.

But that wasn't the subject right now. Ever since leaving the Order, he had taken to one of his favorite pastimes. Freeing the slaves of worlds where slavery was illegal. Of course, that didn't stop the slave trade from growing, especially on Kashyykk, and this Wookiee planet was a regular stop for him because of it. It used to be that he would sneak onto the planet, without the Republic knowing, hooded up and hidden, striking from the shadows and freeing slaves from their captors every little while. His presence had struck fear into the hearts of the Kashyyykk slavers, and he became known as the Mysterious Liberator by the planet's people, and it's slavers alike. And he would have been fine to stay that way, but when he would join the Ession Reformation, his ship was given Ession docking codes and the Republic would know the moment he set foot on the planet. He could no longer hide his identity, so now it was known who this liberator that had spent so many months risking his life for unwilling slaves he didn't know was. He had reluctantly accepted their offer of assistance, despite knowing it was mainly to keep an eye on him. Regardless, he had a job to do...

The soldier would arrive soon, he knew. Marona had been told to meet up with a Jedi Master at certain coordinates on the planet to begin the mission. She would find him overlooking the forests below, wearing brown Jedi robes, the hood covering his head and the top half of his face, only the bottom half and his mouth being visible... He was being patient, though he really wished the solidier would hurry. He was anxious to get to business. He had already located slaves being carted off to a camp on the planet currently. He wanted to get down there and put a stop to it...

Marona Rayheart

"I'll take these broken wings and learn to fly"
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

She was being paired..... with SO many Jedi lately.

It was like reverse karma, she was being placed with the thing she hated again and again..... it made no sense. Did the Republic WANT to drive her off the deep end? Sheesh.

The only positive thing about Jedi was their statistical advantage-nothing else.

That being said she was assigned to some wiley protecter guy. Freeing enslaved wookies from their capturers.

Nobile profession, question was why?

As she came to the coordinates she was assigned she spoke to her 'ally' in a rather dry tone.

"Reporting"

"Reporting" She had said behind him. The Jedi Master wouldn't look back. But he could sense her aura. He could sense her emotions. She held a disdain for him, despite never meeting him, for one reason or another. She obviously didn't want to be here. He smirked faintly, under the hood.

"I know you're not happy to be here. Granted... I'm not happy about being babysat by the Republic either" He began as he would look back at her, only the bottom half of his face being visible under the hood, though she could see the smirk cross his lips. "I suppose at the very least I should be thankful they sent me an attractive one" He would joke softly, an amused smile crossing his face afterword.

"You're ready to go then?" He would inquire, going serious again after the snark was shot. His tone was firm, yet soft at the same time.

[member="Marona Rayheart"]

Marona Rayheart

"Its not much my concern what you like"

She spouted back, shaking her head.

"Quit prodding my head"

She responded with a hint of anger to her tone, Jedi trick... she hated it.

Her teeth clenched in rage at his statement towards her 'attractiveness' however she said nothing in response, he wasn't worth it.

"Let's get this over with"

She finally responded instead, her tone rather irritated.

"If the Republic cared what I liked, they'd have sent me along with a big bootied girl who can shoot as good as she can actually be polite and patient" He would snark in response to her rather aggressive and rude response to his words. Oh boy, another one. "Seriously, why do I always get the angry ones who complain all the time and just want to get the mission over with? Force sakes, I singlehandedly save your asses from being bombarded by The Fringe in an unnecessary war, and they repay me by sticking me with sticks in the mud that shoot as bad as their manners, I'm pretty much by myself, just with added weight" He would remark as he would start walking, expecting her to follow, shaking his head in disdain, even if with a hint of amusement.

"Seriously, calm down. Anger is bad for you if you don't know how to control it. It's why the Masters always tell us that anger leads to the dark side. It's not that anger instantly corrupts you, it's that most people don't know how to control themselves, or their anger. Being brainwashed for 11 years of my life until I didn't know how to feel the effects of anger anymore makes it easy for me. But you'd make a chitty Jedi, the way you're going" He would tease, turning and grinning cheekily back at Marona. If he was going to have to deal with an angry ass soldier, the least he could do was have a bit of fun with a bad situation.

"Can the pretty lady at least lower herself to indulge me with her name?"

Marona Rayheart

"Oh yes, poor you.... don't get your boosom dancer girl"

The Echani said sarcasticly, rolling her eyes. Complaining? She could take the anger-that was normal, but this Jedi was the whiner in this mix.

"You get anger, I get a cocky war hero, wonderful"

As they began their walk, hopefully towards their objective, Marona coudnt help help but laugh-rather uncaringly towards the Jedi's remarks about anger, she was not a Jedi! She didn't give a dam about their teachings or what a single one of them thought about her.

"I can assure you, the last thing I want to be is one of the high and mighty Jedi"

He asked her name, and that's when she stopped, why did he want to know? She was a soldier, her name was not important-her skills were. It didn't matter much though, for her a name couldn't do much harm-might make battle slightly more effective..... it was worth it, barely.

"Marona Rayheart"

She then turned back around and continued her walk, they had an objective-distractions were not needed.

"Now let's go"

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The funny thing was, he was hardly whining. He honestly didn't care who the Republic sent, as long as they didn't drag him down. A bit of humour in response to her words was more his intention, and that was what was dealt. "I honestly don't care who I got set up with. I just like messing with you" He would admit with a chuckle as they walked. Well, if she wasn't going to be easy to deal with, the least he could do was make his own fun out of it.

"High and mighty Jedi, huh? You've spent too much time hanging around the pretenders in your Republic's Order" He would remark as he walked. "They've become arrogant. Aggressive. Dark side hunters, not protectors of the peace like they were supposed to be. They spent less time doing what I'm doing here, and more time hunting down and killing any darksiders they could. They lost sight of their duties, and that is why I left. The breaking point was when I was betrayed by my own brothers and sisters and forced to step down from my position, because I no longer fit their new mould" He spoke, his tone growing serious there. "I don't know what Jedi offended you to give the impression you do, but taking it out on me is unnecessary. I'm here doing work your Republic should be doing. What your Jedi should be doing. I gain nothing from this, I do it because I want to" He would add.

His serious tone would fade though, when she mentioned her name. It faded into laughter, as he stopped. "Marona Rayheart..." He began as he would remove his hood. Blonde hair was under the hood, and he smirked faintly. "I remember that name" He said, looking back at her, revealing himself to her.

"Joshua DragonsFlame. Jedi Master, Former Grandmaster... And your recruiter" He said, smirking. "Guessing it's too late to ask for a hug after all these years?" He would joke with a small smile.

Marona Rayheart

"Heh, I hated Jedi far before the order"

Marona shook her head in annoyance, who was this guy to critisize her ideal.... she knew the darkness the dammed Jedi bring, one could only rely on their own strength... she refused to acknowledge the Jedi as protectors- they were destroyers, ripped things apart behind their masks.

She respected the republic, the Jedi could burn for all she cared.

She remained silent in this, it was none of his buisness anyway.

And then he revealed himself

For a moment her face contorted in confusion. It was that Jedi... the one that bested her in battle. And by effect recruited her into the republic's army. She was more annoyed now than anything... this Jedi gave her a headache, how was he a grandmaster again?

"..... right, are we going to slash down slavers now?"

Truth be told she wanted to hit him, but they had a mission-she couldn't let her anger interfere with that mission. She was a soldier-not a politic.she would have to address it later.

Did she, now? That was curious, but he would leave it for now. Her reaction to his revelation though caused him to smirk faintly. She seemed irritated, upset. "So I guess that rules out a reunion hug?" He would joke with a casual shrug. Yes, he remembered her. While he was the Grandmaster, the leader of the Jedi Order, he had encountered a rash, hasty girl, eager for battle... Eager for a fight. He had been made to battle, and had bested her. He had recommended her toward the Republic's army in order to serve a better purpose. It seemed she remained there. He had not seen her since, but he had hoped for her safety.

It seemed she was cold as ever.

Alas, he would nod to her question. "Let's go" He said as he would lead her to the speeder docking bay, grabbing the one they were assigned. "Get in" He remarked as he would get into the driver's seat. "We don't have all day, Marona" He said, back to a serious expression. This is what she wanted, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom