Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Wolf's Shadow (Open to ME)

Durasteel and Beskar overlapped, a patchwork assembly of armor that he’d chosen willingly, and would’ve done so again a hundred thousand times. Cassus was a second chance he’d never expected, and one he’d never deserved. He thought often of his first foundling, how he’d failed the boy, how he’d failed Yasha, failed Preliat, his life was a long sequence of self-induced misfortunes, but Cassus was not. When the boy came of age, and proved himself, the choice had been simple, Silas had taken his own Beskar’gam and split it between the two of them, two bodies, one shell. There was something poetic about it, but Silas didn’t trouble himself with it, he had enough to think about stepping onto Kestri for the first time.

He’d been branded Dar’manda once, and though such bygones were likely forgiven and forgotten in the years that had passed, there was no Mandalorian not within their rights to try and kill him for it. That didn’t worry him, he did not fear the new blood, and more than that, death in battle was the only way suitable anyway. If they were to challenge him, so be it. Cassus could continue Clan Mantis in full kit that way, he was undeterred.

But he’d spent enough time away, beyond the reaches of the galaxy. Mandalore was ash and glass, a memory to be enshrined in legend and one day be forgotten beyond the tales Mando’ade who’d fought and died there across the eons. Kestri was the future, and one he intended to be part of, even in death if it came to it.

Silas Mantis stepped down the landing ramp, and onto Mandalorian soil. Tor Valum was their seat now, and from behind the slit of his visor, he was impressed. They’d done well for themselves here, so far from the home they knew, even with the hold being as old as it was, he’d expected it to be in far worse conditions.

This would be good for the boy, to be out among his people for the first time, to see the culture Silas preached manifested beyond tales and holovids.

“Hurry up, there’s much to see.” He called back into the hold, waiting for Cassus Mantis to join him. Preliat was not here, and the absence of the brother he’d relied upon through the years to guide him stung more than he could say, but for once Silas would need to stand on his own, outside his brother’s shadow.

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.png

Silas Mantis Silas Mantis could feel eyes upon him- a man in blue accented armor watched him from afar.

There was something in the way that he stood, though it lacked the confidence that it did before.

The emblem on his left shoulder- provided Silas' vision or his visor was good enough, was curiously, however....

Very, very familiar.

Following the Maw attack, Si'kahya patrols in Tor Valum had increased. Cerar's patrol today brought him to Tor Valum's spaceport, where he saw Silas Mantis Silas Mantis 's ship on approach. Hm. Wasn't flying Enclave IDs, at least not yet. Well, he's got some time, might as well welcome the new arrival, eh? Cerar made his way to the landing pad where the new arrival had touched down, resting his blaster rifle on his shoulder, grey shoulder-cape gently flapping from the breeze and the ship's venting. The man standing before them was nearly Silas' height, clad in brown and yellow beskar'gam, jaig eyes over the visor. "First time on Kestri, eh? Welcome to Tor Valum, ner vod, heart of the Enclave." He examined the men behind his visor, looking for any insignias he should be alert for. "What brings you here today?"

"i walk up to him with my scorched armor and I stare at him* "hello there" (I'm playing as someone else
Silas regarded the man approaching him in silence. He didn't know him, nor was there any indication that he should. That made him either a nobody, someone new, or someone dangerous. Though in truth Silas was indifferent to the whole ordeal.

"Can I help you with something?" He questioned clone commando Niner clone commando Niner .

It wasn't him, of that Silas was sure. There was no beskar limb clinging to the man's form as there would've been on the true wolf, but that did not make whoever was standing there less of one. His brother had a million sons, Silas had two, to find one of the latter would've been far from surprising. Mandalorian space would always be their true home, wherever Mandalorian space happened to be. Silas looked over his shoulder and found Cassus to still be absent, if the boy was sleeping, Silas would make him pay for it.

His head pivoted once more, visor settling over the marked Mandalorian, and approaching him without a second thought. Silas regarded the man quietly as he came to a stop before him, looking over the silent observer as if to judge his quality. He didn't leave, so it seemed he mustn't have been disappointed with what he'd found.

"What flag did they birth you to fight under?" Silas asked, crossing his arms over one another as he tried to hazard a guess as to Fenn Stag Fenn Stag 's origins.

Visor looked into visor as Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla made his approach, his armor bore the seal of Vizsla, Silas' the two wolves of Mantis. Their lines were allies in recent history, and enemies if he recalled rightly. In truth he'd left any care for such conflicts behind some time ago, he'd simply wanted to show the boy his people's home, and maybe bloody his blades in the service of the Mando'ade once more. He supposed it'd all depend on how things played out. The man's question was simple, but the answer to it was less so.

Silas didn't imagine 'I don't know' would satisfy the hulking mass of musculature and beskar, almost as broad at the shoulders as Silas' boy, who was still somewhere in the ship's hold. So he thought on a reply for half a heartbeat, and settled on a suitably Mandalorian response.

"Business," He answered, for what was educating the next generation on their people and culture but a grand business venture in the enterprise that was preservation?

"Not the killing kind, if that's your concern."

Cerar nodded at Silas Mantis Silas Mantis 's response, taking note of the twin wolf insignia on the man's armor. A bit familiar, but not one he could place a Clan on and definitely not one he'd seen any time recently. Truthfully, whether their Clans were allies or enemies mattered little to him. When he had volunteered to join the Si'kahya, as a member of the first group of Mandos to do so, he swore an oath to put his duty to the Enclave and its people above any loyalties to Clan or House. A Vizsla he may be, but he was a Warden first and foremost. "Thinking of signing on with the Enclave? Always happy to welcome more vode into the fold." His tone wasn't confrontational or suspicious, merely conversational. If he did have any doubts about Silas' intentions, neither voice nor body language indicated it.

Fenn wasn't sure how to truthfully answer that. He was one of the initial clones- perfect genetic copies, a sort of proof of concept. No rapid aging, no imprinting, no flashburning memories. Other clones would have creeping memories of a dead wife, or worse.

Fenn was simply a copy of Preliat Mantis, minus the scars. Perfect. Fenn even took the hairstyle of his "father" as tribute.

As he saw the larger Mandalorian approach, Silas got his answer just shortly before the bigger one arrived. That is to say, if a member of the Mantis lineage called you big-

You were in fact, a big guy.

"None that matters anymore."

He missed most of the fighting due to his age. A young man now, only just recently passed 20- he was, poetically, a Mandalorian around the same time Preliat became one.

Silas Mantis Silas Mantis l Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla

"I'm thinking, yes." He answered the Warden, though his voice was thoroughly noncommital. He'd pledged himself to Mand'alors undeserving, and championed causes even worse, Silas did not intend to blindly submit to whatever rule this Enclave had set up for themselves. He'd never bend to the madness of the Maw, nor the Imperial Order that lorded over the broken ruin of their homeworld, but he would not join them simply because they were not the others.

Silas was past the age of settling for the lesser evil, he had no time for it. Still, he gave Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla the appropriate respect due, and made no efforts at showboating his supposed might as he would've in earlier years. But his gaze turned back to Fenn Stag Fenn Stag , and Silas realized how young the man must've been, barely into manhood by most galactic standards. Which of course meant as a Mandalorian, and as a clone of Preliat, he'd been fighting for some time now.

"History always matters, nephew. It gives us the tools to make a future." He asserted, before inclining his head to the twin wolves upon their shared crest.

"That's history, good and bad. Yours, his, mine, your million brothers and single sister, my sons, all of us. But let's start with something smaller, what do they call you?"

"I call myself Fenn Stag." He was given a number, a designation, and a rank- at the tail end of the it all. He called him nephew- the fear of not being accepted for what he was, fell through in an instance. He wasn't as...burly as Preliat was. Preliat had years of a strict diet and stricter training. Fenn had been making his way on his own, and didn't retain his genetic template's muscular disposition- as much. Not to say that Fenn was skinny, he was still as tall and broad-shouldered as Preliat was, but uniquely his own build.

As unique of a person as he was.

Or at least, trying to be.

"Greetings, brother." He regarded the older Mandalorian politely, his hands still folded in front of him.

Silas Mantis Silas Mantis l Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla

Cerar acknowledged Fenn Stag Fenn Stag with an incline of his chin. "Greetings. Welcome to Tor Valum, vod." Looking between him and Silas Mantis Silas Mantis , he added "Well, unless either of you need help with anything, I won't keep you any longer. Hope you enjoy your stay," and gave a two fingered salute from the brow of his helmet, turning to leave. Then, he noticed the man in the white armor, wearing the face of a man long dead. "Hey, ain't it a few hundred years past your expiration date?" clone commando Niner clone commando Niner

A resounding bang sounded from the hold of the Clan Mantis transport ship. There was a shuffling, a scurrying, and what could only be scavenging. Then, Cassus, the foundling of Clan Mantis, emerged from the entrance of the starship, ducking his head ever so slightly to avoid contact between helmet and doorway. The assortment of Mandalorians- and cloned Mandalorian descendants- that had already moved to greet them was surprising. Even more surprising was the presence of a man that was of height with Silas, and comparable in size to Cassus himself.

The foundling made his way to the gathered group and ducked to whisper to his father.

Do you know these guys?” He asked in the soft rumble that was his voice. There was a hint of apprehension in the question. Cassus wasn’t quick to trust anyone, especially knowing his father’s extensive history with the people of Mandalore.

Silas Mantis Silas Mantis | Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla | Fenn Stag Fenn Stag

“That is a strong name. I’m sure you have earned it glory already.” Silas nodded to Fenn.

At last his foundling joined them, Cassus was Silas’ second chance. Though he did not shower the boy in praise in order to keep him humble and decisive, there could be no questioning his pride in all the boy had grown to be. After Kaden, Silas had thought to never take in another child, to let the clan wither away into memory with no legacy beyond that which Preliat’s sons made for it. But the boy had won him over, and the fruits of his labors were now ripe.

Clad in half of Silas’ own beskar’gam, the boy even spotted Silas’ chest piece, the very centerpiece of the armor that was as much a part of Silas as his flesh and bone. The boy was the future, and the future had to be preserved. Beneath his helmet Silas smiled ever so slightly.

“No, no personally, not yet.” He answered his foundling, giving some regard to the Fett clone as the Warden addressed his remarks with the appropriate amount of dismissal. If there was ever a time for introductions, he supposed this was it.

“Same to you, be well.” He waved to the Warden.

“Cassus Mantis, Fenn Stag.”
He introduced the two, gesturing to one and then the other. “He is one of my brother’s sons, Cassus, thus is your cousin.”

Silas was a butcher, when war broke he was as savage as the beasts upon their crests if not worse, he bathed himself in violence and bloodshed and acted without remorse or mercy. Yet when it came to family, something was utterly different. Perhaps some would’ve scorned clones of their bloodline, dismissed them as inferior, or worse, addressed them as threats, but that was not so with him. Every one of his brother’s sons was welcome under the mantle, as were Silas’ adoptive progeny. It was a strange contrast, but one he had lived with for some time.

“Fenn, Cassus is my foundling. I came upon him not long after the days of the Veman, if you know that tale, I have raised him as what he was always meant to be, one of us.” He hoped said introductions would be sufficient for the two to be pleasant, for all the infighting in Mandalorian culture that Silas readily embraced and took part in, violence between kin was the exception, for there was nothing he abhorred more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom