Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Within The Chest Of Triple Z (Open to The Family PM otherwise0

Image-from-Blade-Runner.jpg
49656.jpg

Triple Zero, Trip Zip, Coruscant, Capitol World. All names for a place with a soul like no other. People thought of the gleaming upper levels most times, they never saw or cared to see what happened in the undercity and lower levels. That's why people like me flourished down here I'd had the offer to drive around some senator with Galaxy knew how many credits and how much makeup. There was always some senator or aide that needed driven to some function or another. A few had my info for more than strictly driving... tonight though I'd had an old contact see about setting up a race within the chest of Trip Zip but like most everything else in life it wasn't fun if it was legal. The CSF had for years been trying to stop my kind of parties from happening here. They had yet to succeed and I'd had Xander put the word out to anyone with money and of the betting persuasion what would be going down on the lower levels of Triple Z. Odds were there'd be some of the criminal variety here tonight, either to compete or to acquire talent. As it was I was relaxing in my car listening to some tunes, waiting for anyone else to show up. I supposed that Xander had set up the finish line and it was only fair that I paint the start line...

Hopping out of my car I grabbed a can of paint and sprayed bright neon purple across several lanes. The set up for the race was to be a circuit of 3 laps...How you got across was irrelevant only that you got there first. Never mattered if you won by an inch or a mile winning was winning, I however aimed to impress some of the criminal talent acquisition tonight. So winning and looking good while doing so would be the way to go. Checking my wrist I saw that there would be some people to show up before too long.... Leaning back against the hood of my car I cracked open a can of stim-caf and sipped while I waited....

[member="Ivory Stroud"]

Crocell

C
The crowd had grown, and beings of every pursuasion milled about the starting area.. Vendors, of a sort, had arrived and set up shop, hawking whatever kind of wares could be easily packed up and hidden away from prying eyes should the CSF come snooping, and small groups of characters had formed with each uniting as one in a hum of sound and motion. There were a small number of competitors - each of them, a stake in the race ahead, be it credits, fame, respect, or more... tangible possessions. In gatherings such as this one, where the only law was their own, Ivory Stroud felt most confident... most secure.​
She had spent much of her young years on Coruscant, attending rallies not unlike this one. Hundreds of faces would come together, meeting in a thriving hub of cultural exchange, then fade away into the night... sometimes quietly, but sometimes leaving chaos in their wake. The CSF could not control them... but they did their best to ensure anyone caught attending would be summarily punished.​
That, however, did nothing to dissuade the beautiful & powerful Crime Lord from joining the assembly.​
She was dressed similarly to her youth; tight pants which gave her the freedom to maneuver, red leather boots tipped with silver caps, a grey wife-beater, and a black vest which covered most of her upper body; a hood was available to cover her mass of curling black hair, but it remained unused. Attached to the vest were a number of patches... each, a symbol of either affiliation with, or belief in, certain ideas & ideals. Among them were symbols related to the expression of chaos in the Galaxy, while others depicted violent intent or a desire to liberate the oppressed.​
Clutching her hand, following dutifully behind, was [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"], Queen of Zeltros - though she might not have appeared so queenly, were she seen in a place such as this. "It's just up here!" Ivory spoke excitedly to her Twi'lek companion, fingers intertwined. "After it starts, we'll be able to watch it on one of the screens... See?" She said, pointing through the crowd at an area where some holoscreens had been rigged to display the race in the air above the crowd. There were a number of angles available, all thanks to the powerful underground's ability to organize.​
She loved this town, and it showed.​
[member="Ahtemis"] [member="Al-Saher"]​

I'd finished the can of stim-caf while people began trickling in. I heard a chime in my earpiece and tapping it active with my right hand I said "Go for the Magician." There was a soft chuckle and Xander said "Nicholas....come now we both know you'll show everyone up in the racing. I have intel for you though, word is there's a few high rollers here tonight with some shady albeit pretty profitable businesses. Might be an interesting business opportunity Nicky. Also a senator's daughter says here.... Lena Duchanne left a message for you. Says that your driving impressed my mother and your handling of the situation and her protection was owed to you, she also says that she'd like to see how you handle yourself when you're not at work.... sounds saucy if you ask me." I could hear the suggestion in his voice. "So I gave her your personal number said she'd call you in about 15 minutes. I'm sure you can talk and drive right Nicky?"

Sighing I said "'Course you did Xander....In any case what's the pot sitting at?" There was a chirp at my wrist gauntlet. Checking the notifications I saw the pot currently at 50,000 credits. The interesting part was that there were racers who wanted me taken off the board and there was a race bounty out for me. One hundred thousand credits even to the person that could disable my car..... Smiling at that I knew I'd be driving different tonight. "Give them a good show before I do eh Xander?" With that I opened the door to my car and hopped in. Pulling it shut and locking it I enabled the anti-tamper devices. Anyone thought they'd try anything on my car they'd be in for a rude surprise. Starting my engine I activated the directory and surveillance module. Searching Lena Duchanne I pulled up a fairly attractive young woman. Shoulder length blonde hair hazel eyes... she was attractive I'd admit that. To be fair though there'd been plenty of attractive young women interested in me, I also highly doubted she'd call me.

Hopefully soon Xander would start the fething countdown. I didn't like staying still I was here to impress, make money, continue building my racing notoriety and then maybe get a drink. I was anxious to get underway....

[member="Ivory Stroud"] ~ [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] ~ [member="Ahtemis"]

[member="Ivory Stroud"] [member="Al-Saher"]

well, when I offered a social call this I did not expect..but I'm not complaining

Not one bit, in her teenage years on nar shadda, stuff like this was common practice. Even she had participated in a few races here and there just for fun and credits so she could eat that night.wearing grey right pants, a brown shirt that hung a bit loosely yet still comfortable, and her combat boots she made sure she was dressed for the occasion...of course not forgetting her westars juuuuust in case

Catching up a bit so she wasnt half dragged she looked towards the screen with a nod before glancing out among the racers noting each vehicle of choice as she chuckled and leaned down

surely should be fun to watch, even better when you have a lovely lady like yourself as company

Chuckling more she followed the raven haired girl around herself eager to see this race start

Sitting in my car I waited for other vehicles to finish showing up. Cracking my neck to either side I turned on the music and cranked the volume, cracking another can of stim-caf open I took a swig and put it in the console. Suddenly Xander's voice blared over speakers set up on this level. "Ladies, Gents and various other beings! Tonight we have a show for you, The Trip Zip Circuit! Sponsored by your wallets and our thirst for utter insanity no less! Now ladies and gents the pot is currently sitting at 50,000 credits which I think is far too small a pot. So place money on the car or racer tag you think can pull it off tonight the race will begin in ooooooone minute!!!"

Cranking the volume on this song I got a message from Xander "I racked 'em up your turn to break their wallets and hearts." Smiling I tapped out a message saying you get thirty thousand off whatever I make. Then I sent it to him, taking another swig of the stim-caf I set it back in the console. Goal for me was clean driving to see if I could still avoid spilling a drop, that and make more money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3jv7zC4kU&list=PLGdEbnOoiEOOaFFYKh3A66wOUlrHUwzTs&index=1

I saw a electric timer start a countdown as I got a call. Back-tracing it I saw it was from one Lena Duchanne.....sighing I tapped the headset answering the call. "This is Al-Saher, will you be needing transport tonight?" The timer was still ticking down. Twenty seconds now.... "This IS Nicholas correct?" A slightly upper class Coruscanti accent mixed with something else... "Aye it is, with whom am I speaking?" Ten seconds. "This is Lena Duchanne several nights ago you drove my mother...Quite intriguingly by the way. You also managed to avoid the CSF and take down the pursuers....Tell me Mr. Al-Saher, where did you learn to drive like that?" The backtrace came back......She was on this level within 500 feet of my car. Thankfully the timer hit zero and I waited for the pack to pull ahead as I took off. Switching gears with the shifting tabs on the wheel I heard her again. "Mr. Al-Saher! I asked you a question."

Turning up the volume she asked "Are you in a club?" Smiling I said "nope a car, by the way not sure your mother would approve of you being on the lower levels Ms. Duchanne." A pause then.... "Wait.....you're driving and talking to me?!" Chuckling I heard a pause then "Wait! You're driving down here?!" Outright laughing now I said "If you're wanting to grab a drink after we can do that. Or perhaps more intriguingly you could put a bet on me... Look for the tag of The Magician it's what Al-Saher means." Shifting again I started coming up behind one of the other racers. "You're behind Nicholas why would I bet on a losing vehicle?" Smiling as we came up on a corner that was a slow right then a sharp left I kept my foot on the gas as I drifted into the turn. "Nicholas......" Smiling I threw the car in an opposing drift off of the first. Then I passed two vehicles, one on the corner I'd taken and another that'd been shifting up on the second turn. "They call me The Magician for a reason Lena, now is that worth a bet on me?" We were still in the first lap but I knew what was going to happen.... at least with the race.

[member="Ivory Stroud"] ~ [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] ~[member="Ahtemis"]

Crocell

C
Ivory gave [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] a grin and a wink, nearly lost in the dark ambience of the underlevels they occupied. Once they'd reached the barriers which had been erected to keep pedestrians from wandering onto the track and away from the cars, the punk-rocker and her Twi'lek companion had a moment to rest and look out across the track, at the waiting lines of vehicles, as well as have a chance to see the crowd from the outside in. They had a small section of space to themselves, and Ivory leaned against the railing, poking her entire upper body into the restricted space to scream in exhileration at the night's events...

She felt Home.

"It's been years..." She said to Star, violet eyes alight with amusement & excitement. Ivory bit her lip, looking her companion over for a moment, debating on whether to make a move toward the green-skinned warrior or smoke a cigera, when a loud voice blared through speakers. Ivory listened, and once it was finished, she spoke: "The Zip is one of the hardest tracks on Coruscant... They say it changes every iteration, that it's never the same. Come on... I wanna win some credits!" She laughed, stepping in close toward her friend, closing the distance between them so their bodies touched... then slipping by, taking Stardust's hand as she went, and walking with the woman toward an area she knew would give her an opportunity to place a bet or three. Ivory seemed altogether familiar with how this world operated; she moved within it as-if it were in her blood.

[member="Al-Saher"] [member="Ivory Stroud"]

Smirking, stardust followed the pink rock girl towards the barrier as her eyes looked to the racers noting their vehicles as she nodded her head at a thought...looked like plenty of capable racers few caught her eye. Felt odd being at the betting end of racing, she was used to being the racer on the other end

But it felt like old times to her, wih a companion that was just as excited

then tonight, let's make it a good one

She watched those eyes, those bright purple eyes swirl with amusement and excitement as stardust gave a grin. Some odd reason stardust was feeling...quite find of her in a way she wasnt sure how to say, either way her thoughts were interrupted as she glanced to a speaker then back

never seen a track like that before thisll be fun...might throw some credits in

But for a moment the two touched, then it was gone as stardust turned to follow her. Mind followed the old times where she watched people start betting right before she took off adrenaline pumping through her veins...yeah that was a dark time but yet she enjoyed some of it...looking at a few of the racers she put a bet on [member="Al-Saher"] and two others just in case before looking down to her companion

let's find a good place to watch yeah?

"You do realize that you're racing in the Zip right? It changes every time someone races here Nicholas, I highly doubt you'll place let alone finish." Smirking as the track shifted while Lena was speaking a wall suddenly popping up in front of me. My left hand hit the downshift with my left ring and middle finger while I engaged the brake control on the wheel. Right hand planting firmly and wheeling to the left as I hit the gas. Tires screeching and the sound of metal crunching behind me. "They designed The Zip to slow down me and the people I ran with Lena. Race it a few times and you cease to be surprised how they alter the course." Smirking I switched the radio off and picked up the dash cam. Flicking it on I started broadcasting "So to anyone watching on their datapads or the race terminals this is your friendly neighborhood street racer Al-Saher. I go by The Magician and you're all going to figure out why soon enough. The Zips as they're called were put together in an attempt to slow me down, unfortunately for everyone's wallets this course didn't do that. Now for the fun part...." Grabbing the camera with one hand while I drove with the other I placed it in the middle of my windshield aimed partially at me and mostly at the can in the console.

"See here's the fun bit for y'all I spill a drop out of this can during the whole race all the money goes right back into your wallets. For those who put the race bounty out on me.... that was a poor investment. You won't be able to chip the paint." Shutting the sound off of broadcasting my voice I said "So Lena about that bet...." Flicking my car into a reverse at speed I saw there were two cars coming up on me. Fast no less, and they had head hunter tags on the hoods. Let the games begin.... "Nicholas I think that was unwise....Wait.....Are you driving in reverse?!" Laughing I focused on the two head hunters, we were only a quarter of the way through the first of three laps....a bit too aggressive for some drivers who'd been told to disable my car. Switching gears I gunned the engine and raced back towards the head hunters. "Nicholas. Stop please for the love of The Force stop." Laughing hysterically I said "Now why in the world would I do that?" Then sound of the engine was a feral purr in my ears and I heard Lena say flatly "You're going to die. You're just wanting death aren't you?" I saw the head hunters move out slightly then I gunned the engine shifting as I did speeding through the middle of them. In my rearview I saw them crash into each other then careen off to the sides. Engaging the brake briefly I felt the g- forces of the car spinning then I hit the gas again. Speeding back past the wreckage I took my hands off the wheel on live stream sending a rather rude one fingered universal gesture to the head hunters. Then I continued making my way through the course that I saw now had dropped out parts of the track.

Looking at the new configuration I saw it was downhill with straightaways and hairpins. Smiling I said "So Lena, on account of my seeming insanity care to answer my question? About a drink after or perhaps dinner?" I heard a sigh "Goddesses my mother had no idea who she was hiring....We'll see. if your skills match the bet I'm about to place. As it is you have quite some skill...." Activating the video function of my comms I saw the young woman. Blonde hair, hazel eyes, slight tattoos along her arm as well and a slinky black dress. "You're also quite forward...check the amount I placed for you should you ACTUALLY win." Hmmmm a bet of half a million creds. "I wouldn't feel comfortable with taking that amount from you Lena. I may be a racer but even I have standards...." A soft laugh then "Nicholas that's an employment opportunity should you win. To be my PERSONAL driver. Money is nothing to me I'm quite a bit more interested in you at the moment but only should you win..."

Well at the very least I'd attracted one potential employer....Though I felt she was more interested in the thrill. Still maybe my continued live stream had impressed someone else....

[member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] ~ [member="Ivory Stroud"] ~[member="Ahtemis"]

Crocell

C
Ivory was, indeed, intently watching.

The antics of the unconventional wheel-man had caught her eye just as she'd gone to place her bet, giving the burly, gruff-looking beast of a man who'd been chosen for the job a hand-signal she hoped he'd recognize - a sign used by members of the Underdark to signify "friendly and willing to talk". The skull-thumper peered at her with steady blue eyes from beyond a blonde heard... stepping away from one person to approach her on the outskirts of the circle which had formed around him. "Yeah?" He asked, showing she'd chosen correctly. The two of them spoke the same language.

"Fifty on the flyboy" She muttered, offering him an upturned fist, indicating credits-in-hand. Without a word, he nodded, watching her as she dropped the chits into his waiting palm. Unafraid, she grinned up into his face. "Wanna count it?" She jibed. The man obviously wouldn't give a damn.

His brows furrowed, but he said nothing... nodding, and turning suddenly as another character approached.

Ivory waited for Star to finish, and the two of them would then make their way toward a bank of screens to watch the race.

"You got that bottle?" Ivory asked, bringing her lips close to Star's lekku. She'd passed the Twi'lek a bottle of liquor when they'd arrived, and it was now time for a drink & a smoke.

[member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] [member="Al-Saher"]

[member="Ivory Stroud"]

fifty on that hotshot

Credits went from hand to hand, turning to that screen as she watched and grinned seeing this man's skills as a racer, certainly something that caught her eye and at the right moment would mention to her date

Following ivory she looked to the screen looking over the other racers as she smiled glancing ti ivory feelimg her close to her lekku as she tilted her head and was just inches away as she pulled the bottle out and grinned

of course love, I wouldnt let it out of my sight...much like my...companion for the night

She said and handed the bottle to her before looking back to the screen

The course had shifted into a downhill, ideal for drifting in the corners. I rolled down the windows and blasted some new music as I took a corner at speed, burning rubber.... God I loved that smell! With Lena still on the line I cut a corner and primed my surprise box. Most people who raced did so for money, or fame, the scene, the women....I'd never started that way I'd only been interested in the rush. The feel of man with machine in perfect unity...everything that came with it? I looked at it as happy side notes to add to my chorus of chaos. There was the hiss of compressed air, the loading tubes were charged to blow. "So Lena you're seeing my driving skills, any questions for me?" The person ahead was going at speed and not shifting down....they'd burn out their brakes with the way they were drifting at this rate. "Yeah actually, what got you into racing especially like this?" Looking at the live feed I flicked back on the audio. "Everyone likes a party right? So keep your eyes on the screen and enjoy the show ladies and gents." Flicking the sound back off I triggered the first round of surprises. Canisters jettisoned out of the trunk and exploded in a mist of paint. Colors ranging from blue to green, aqua, and purple. Even some bright neon pinks...There'd been various stencils set up throughout the Zip that now had paint for decoration.

My tag happened to be out there somewhere a race helmet wearing a pointy wizard hat a flask to one side with the label fuel on it. I was a fan of branding myself at least to other racers or people that could appreciate it. "I needed something to blow off steam. Coruscant is always the nicest place, sometimes without a crew it gets pretty dicey. Anyone can get mugged in the lower levels doesn't matter if you're a senator or even a Jedi. Down here people disappear. I needed to find a way I wouldn't be forgotten I guess...." Planting my right hand on the wheel I cut it to the left and circled it around as I hit the gas and felt the g forces again from the drift. Coming around a corner I saw another car that was ahead and switching my hand position I repeated the process in the opposite direction letting my inertia from the previous drift carry me through this one. Coming within centimeters of their mirror as I maintained the drift. Then as an opening became available I whipped around the other driver and continued on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VamaHv-xyo​
[member="Stardust Australis Skirae"]~ [member="Ivory Stroud"] ~ [member="Ahtemis"]

Crocell

C
Ivory took the bottle which Star had offered, standing beside her Twi'lek companion. Her eyes never left the screen... even while she unscrewed the cap and brought the bottle to her lips, taking a draw of the powerful liquor. She swallowed, feeling it burn a streak of fire into her belly. Impassively, she handed the bottle back to Star, bringing her smoking cigera to full, luscious lips.. The cherry burning brightly as she inhaled, filling her lungs with the stimulating drug.

She exhaled, eyebrows raising as the driver which had caught her eye drifted through a series of corners, never losing speed, as he attempted to catch up. "Takes risks... Red-lines it... What kind of a payout makes a man that hungry to win?" She asked, though the question was mostly rhetorical.

@Al-Saher @Stardust Australis Skirae

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom